Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:17 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1185, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1177, Mantisdreamz wrote:i don't like that you are so focused on this

I don't like that you're so dismissive of it - as long as we're stating empty opinions.
It's not like I'm focused on it to the *exclusion* of other things - so your complaint is pretty empty here.

In post 1178, geraintm wrote:No, if we lynched ozzy and he turned up scum, then I would shoot Ansuz as he is the person I think is the person second most likely to be scum. Why on earth would I shoot anyone else besides my second choice?
I am just not understanding your thinking. At all

Correct me if I'm wrong - a big part of your Ozzy=scum case was directly connected to his interactions with Shroom.
Why wouldn't you want to shoot Shroom if Ozzy was indeed shown to be scum? Isn't that half the point of the Ozzy=scum situation as you have presented it? Is Ansuz somehow connected to Ozzy as a scum buddy and I missed it?

In post 1181, Mantisdreamz wrote:i mean, you have him as scum.. because you don't believe his post restriction. any other reason?

No.
Well, you can add in his "slip" right after the claim preventing us from testing it and also his earlier post where he claimed he wasn't allowed to post without his restriction and his claim today wherein he clearly indicates he can, albeit with a penalty - but all of that is connected to the core issue of 'I think he's lying bout the posting restriction'.

In post 1182, Mantisdreamz wrote:who do you have as town thor?

The obvious ones, D3x and Kthx - I've said as much before.
You're complaining that I'm "pressing" people as I try to develop other reads - so you're at least aware I'm attempting to get other reads...so I'm not sure where this whine is coming from nor going to.

I said it was suspicious that he listed three people as scum, 2 of which I know to be town. Fairly common that scum throw in one scum partner into lists to not look to suspicious, that is why I would link shroom to ozzy. But that is just indirect linking
I had Ansuz as scummy from a previous post -202
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1186, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 1155, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:Kthx, d3x, a summary of what I need to know is nice.

I believe Konowa is town. His post restriction, his wanting me to hide behind him, his posting (thoughts), all read town to me. There are a few things here and there that give me pause, but he's not today's lynch regardless. I may end up hiding behind him yet...I dunno.

I'm town reading Thor even though I think he's off base with Konowa. Add in the claim, and I'm leaving him alone for a bit.

d3x is conf town.

geraintm is town till there's no vig shot tonight. (geraintm, pls shoot the shit out of Josh or Ansuz as they are worthless and I'm not hiding behind them tonight)

Mantis, you, TM, Josh, Ansuz...all null leaning scum at times, town at others.

BE...leaning town, but recent posts/claim have made me have doubts.

Lynx should be today's lynch. It really seemed like he doesn't want me to hide behind him tonight if we lynched BE. He tried to sugar coat it, but I'm seeing more fear of getting outed than any real strategic thought. This is where your vote should go today.

I think that's it, but I'm drinking and not really wanting to spend more time on this post.

Don't hide behind the person I am voting for if they are not lynched
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:21 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1188, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:

Unfortunately Ger has a confirmable role, even if he's threatening to make a scumkill with it. If he kills us that's fine, it's on him. I could go back and forth on it, but the fact is we've played a pretty transparent town game, and the crutch of his reads are shit. Yes Ger, optimally you should have killed GP Night 1, OPTIMALLY is the key word. You didn't, and there's nothing I can do about it. Asking for an optimal kill doesn't make me scum, it makes you a bad Vig. But I digress if you're gonna kill me that's your problem, not mine.

Getting back to Ansuz for a moment, what gives me pause is the composition of his wagon (Ansuz (4): Mantisdreamz, geraintm, Burning_Earth, TunnelMates), which is composed of players I don't particularly trust. (IE Ger, BE, and TM, I think Lynx was here at one point too).

Re: Josh, I think he falls into the same category that Hiplop did on Day 1, we're essentially going down the same road. Josh certainly isn't my top scumread.

I'd like to lynch one of Lynx, Ansuz, or Ger today (pipe dream). Maybe BE or TM too, as I don't get overwhelming townvibes from them. Honestly I don't get town vibes from a lot of players except Kthx, d3x, and Konowa.

Vote: Lynx

Optimal lynch in my opinion.

Is that a slip?
Did you just say " even if he's threatening to make a scumkill with it" when the person I am threatening to kill is you?

I'll make you a deal. If you vote and get Ansuz lynched today, and he turns up as scum, then I won't shoot you tonight. Even if you are scum, I would take that trade of not shooting you tonight in return for you getting a scum killed.
Ansuz
Ansuz
Goon
Ansuz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Ansuz »

sorry, i got a holiday work other commitments punch will be back soon
The Pirate God of Mafiascum.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:23 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1198, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 1188, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:I believe Konowa is town, I don't care about his PR, I think he's been playing a town game. I'm thinking about Ansuz and Lynx currently. Someone at some point this weekend made the comment "Nacho and Desp wouldn't do" whatever it is that they are doing and it stuck with me. Lynx continues to pepper himself with scummy things. Rolefishing to begin the day, a complete 180 on his reads, and the Hider thing (like any scumteam in their right mind would kill him at this point).

Unfortunately Ger has a confirmable role, even if he's threatening to make a scumkill with it. If he kills us that's fine, it's on him. I could go back and forth on it, but the fact is we've played a pretty transparent town game, and the crutch of his reads are shit. Yes Ger, optimally you should have killed GP Night 1, OPTIMALLY is the key word. You didn't, and there's nothing I can do about it. Asking for an optimal kill doesn't make me scum, it makes you a bad Vig. But I digress if you're gonna kill me that's your problem, not mine.

Getting back to Ansuz for a moment, what gives me pause is the composition of his wagon (Ansuz (4): Mantisdreamz, geraintm, Burning_Earth, TunnelMates), which is composed of players I don't particularly trust. (IE Ger, BE, and TM, I think Lynx was here at one point too).

Re: Josh, I think he falls into the same category that Hiplop did on Day 1, we're essentially going down the same road. Josh certainly isn't my top scumread.

I'd like to lynch one of Lynx, Ansuz, or Ger today (pipe dream). Maybe BE or TM too, as I don't get overwhelming townvibes from them. Honestly I don't get town vibes from a lot of players except Kthx, d3x, and Konowa.

Vote: Lynx

Optimal lynch in my opinion.

maybe i'm a little jaded.. but this post seems like bs to me.
ffs, you say you have ansuz in the wanting to lynch category, and that you don't like the players on his bw? yet you vote lynx..someone who isn't on the ansuz bw. wtf?

what is your purpose for wanting to lynch lynx over ansuz?
or as well, what is the purpose of not voting the ones that you don't trust?

(i'll be honest).. i flat out think that you and ansuz are scum.. and this is you trying to put a a bit of suspicion on ansuz, but in the meantime voting lynx (town)

I just want to say, I want to be in lots of other games with mantis and on the same side. Just makes the best posts that I consistently agree with. Forming a bit of a scum crush, to be honest...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:26 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1218, Konowa wrote:As for the LYLO talk, Town is pretty smart to know when LYLO is occurring. Fact that there was -zero- kills N1, makes it pretty evident that there are no 3rd party scum.

I would agree with this. I have a vig but for there to be a serial killer in the game who resisted the temptation to shoot would be something

(Prays no one looks through my old games )
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:26 am

Post by d3x »

In post 1247, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:I intend to be on the same wagon as Kthx and d3x at the end of the day for further wagon analysis. It'll put three confirmed town on the same wagon.
Are you speaking from your own perspective, or did I miss you and Kthx getting Conf'ed?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1245, d3x wrote:
In post 1232, Thor665 wrote:Thank you for proving that I'm not tunneling even though you're complaining about how I'm tunneling.
I think she's refering to the player Tunnel as opposed to the singleminded hunting of a lone player.

If that is true it just highlights her insanity - because she's complaining about how I'm too focused on Konowa.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:29 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1249, geraintm wrote:
In post 1183, Josh_B wrote:
In post 1178, geraintm wrote:
No, if we lynched ozzy and he turned up scum, then I would shoot Ansuz as he is the person I think is the person second most likely to be scum. Why on earth would I shoot anyone else besides my second choice?
I am just not understanding your thinking. At all

What if we lynch Burning earth and he turns up scum. Who will you shoot then?

The person top of my scum list. Likely the person I am voting for...

Just carried on going through the thread and embarrassingly realised I am not voting for ozzy at the moment but Ansuz. So, yeah, I would shoot ozzy tonight and not ansuz
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Konowa »

Why would geraintm say that's a slip?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Konowa »

d3x, Konowa thinks that post #1247 is from Osseus pseudotripodis' perspective because Osseus pseudotripodis is likely to be shot by geraintm tonight by all accounts.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:49 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1259, Konowa wrote:Why would geraintm say that's a slip?

He said I was going to make a scum kill, and I am referring to him. Is he referring to killing himself as killing scum?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 am

Post by d3x »

In post 1260, Konowa wrote:d3x, Konowa thinks that post #1247 is from Osseus pseudotripodis' perspective because Osseus pseudotripodis is likely to be shot by geraintm tonight by all accounts.
That's fine in regards to himself {although it annoys me when people refer to themselves as Conf when it's not true for the purposes of anyone else's perspective}, but I'm still not seeing how Kthx is ConfTown. He's an UnCC'ed PR who's cleared me, but that doesn't mean he's in the clear himself.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 am

Post by d3x »

I'm not 100% sold on Kthx and I'm the one he 'cleared', ffs...

GTKAS - d3x
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

That one will get sorted out pretty quick pretty soon methinks.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Konowa »

Given the paranoia Konowa has seen between d3x and kthxbye in a few games now, Konowa could see a hider kthxbye hiding behind d3x D1 to clear that paranoia.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:31 am

Post by d3x »

For the record {in case for some reason I don't get to post this before the Day ends}, if Tonight doesn't go apeshit crazyballs, Ansuz needs to Swing Tomorrow.

GTKAS - d3x
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

I can certainly agree that Ansuz appears to be working hard to be a non-entity.
What's the actual case on him?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 am

Post by d3x »

I'd like to hold that close to the vest for the nonce, but trust me.

This is seperate from the case that others are making on them.

GTKAS - d3x
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 1265, Konowa wrote:Given the paranoia Konowa has seen between d3x and kthxbye in a few games now, Konowa could see a hider kthxbye hiding behind d3x D1 to clear that paranoia.

so much this d3x...soooooo much this.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

@d3x that's fine, we can discuss it when selecting lynches tomorrow. I'll probably make Mantis wail in terror, but I am fine with the idea of lynching him as well.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1230, d3x wrote:Frankly, I dislike Josh's p very much. The end relating to Konowa blatantly ignores that literally
hundreds
of posts occurred in between those 3 quoted posts.

@Ansuz- There's a post or two on page 40 that I'd be interested in hearing your responses. I think they're specifically aimed at you, so I'm not sure if you just missed them or...?

Josh's p is also really gross. There are legitimate questions being posed to his strange posts/phrasing and he jumps to the old "why did you find my predecessor scummy?".

@Kthx- Right now, I'm feeling you Hiding behind Ansuz, us Lynching Josh, and geri Vig'ing BE. If Ansuz gets the Rope {which I'm against for Today}, then I'd say Hide behind Josh. Aside from my earlier reasons for you not to Hide behind Thor comes the ridonk 2 Day WIFOM. "O Noes! Kthx died, but Thor is alive! Is he actually delayed dead or is he Scum?!? Should we Lynch him or wait an extra freaking Day based on his delayed death Claim?"

I'm feeling ScumMantis less.

In post 1202, Mantisdreamz wrote:you better make your catch up good!!! .. ^-^
Dont hold your breath! :D

I think Lynx is just super easy MisLynch fodder.

Vote:Josh

This is horrible. If you think Lynx is mislynch fodder, we should just lynch burning earth. Can you point me back to why you thought Mantis was scum in the first place?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 1271, Josh_B wrote:This is horrible. If you think Lynx is mislynch fodder, we should just lynch burning earth. Can you point me back to why you thought Mantis was scum in the first place?

Too bad it doesn't matter how horrible or not it is. d3x is town. The end. Why waste your time with this?
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Josh_B »

I was a hated townie in a game. I kept saying "don't lynch me, I'm town." But in Lylo, I was hammered by the scum without a single town assistance. It really hurt. Gerantum should continue to save his vig until the night before suspected Lylo and shoot Konowa to keep that from happening. I think it will be helpful if Konowa can help us find the scum in the mean time.

If burning earth flips town, I'll decide what I want to do from there. I still think Lynx is scum.

pedit: Just because d3x is also town, doesn't mean he automatically has the best ideas.
Osseus pseudotripodis
Osseus pseudotripodis
Goon
Osseus pseudotripodis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Osseus pseudotripodis »

No ger, I'm referring to the fact that when you kill me it'll be the same as a scumkill. It was another way of me letting everyone know how much I don't trust your reads right now.

@Kthx, I'll be confirmed town when Ger anti-town kills me, yes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”