Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:34 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

@acryon Maybe, but I've been right about this once so I might be bias.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 am

Post by acryon »

In post 200, FakedBlogger wrote:@acryon Maybe, but I've been right about this once so I might be bias.

It didn't seem this way in Snuggy's case to me, but I do see where you're coming from and it's definitely something to keep in mind, because it can be scum trying to buddy up on town early on.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:39 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 194, FakedBlogger wrote:
In post 141, RoyalApe wrote:
I don't like this response. It seems to indicate that it is OK to find arbitrary reasons to point to in order to justify a crap vote.

I generally like to see real reasons myself, it gives more to judge players by, both good and bad. If Duckling isn't going to provide reasons for his suspicions - ok - it will just make it harder for me to trust him.

I think you feeling the need to explain your attack on Duckling with a general statement is scummy. You could've been brief but for some reason you chose not to. I presume a scummy reason.

The post you quoted wasn't me attacking Duckling. The first line was me attacking Acryon. I didn't like his response to Duckling's statement. The second line was my analysis on Duckling's statement itself.

I still haven't decided which one of you to vote though.

I'll go with

VOTE: RoyalApe
because of the obscene quoting stacks

If you had put the vote for me based on the reason you stated earlier in regards to my thoughts on Acryon and Duckling, I would accept the vote and move on. But using this as your reason to vote for me is just silly. We're not in RVS anymore.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:42 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 197, FakedBlogger wrote:^ And that's scummy how?

I didn't say it was scummy. I thought it was curious and would like to know if AFF happens to keep track of voting herself or was tuned into Belisarius for some other reason. She does have her vote on him currently.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:45 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 199, acryon wrote:
In post 196, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 192, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:A no lynch will most likely hurt town in the long run, and we're approx. halfway through the day right now. At the moment votes on various people are going something like 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, so we have many small/ish wagons. I'm not a fan of any of the non-voters (not including Royal), because right now votes would help move the game along, and talking without voting is a pretty good way to avoid too much attention. For example if any of the people who were called out for something but don't have any votes on them had provided a vote in any of their posts, they'd probably get scumread by some people.

Did you count the votes yourself or are you just very in tune with Belisaurius? I just find it interesting that your count is accurate when the mod's vote count that was posted this morning is off by way of the Belisaurius vote.

This isn't scummy. I've made and posted my own vote-counts in absence of the mod before. It's very much null.

I thought it was curious because it was shortly after the vote count was posted. I've seen enough errors in post counts in my brief time here that I'm not expecting anything out of it either. If AFF does her own vote count, great, it tells me that she is detail oriented and I can use that to judge other interactions better.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 am

Post by farside22 »

I read naked's post and I'm a bit preoccupied here when I ask....is duck a newb?

@duck: have you played mafia before? You may have said something about this.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

In post 192, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:A no lynch will most likely hurt town in the long run, and we're approx. halfway through the day right now. At the moment votes on various people are going something like 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, so we have many small/ish wagons. I'm not a fan of any of the non-voters (not including Royal), because right now votes would help move the game along, and talking without voting is a pretty good way to avoid too much attention. For example if any of the people who were called out for something but don't have any votes on them had provided a vote in any of their posts, they'd probably get scumread by some people.

Did you count the votes yourself or are you just very in tune with Belisaurius? I just find it interesting that your count is accurate when the mod's vote count that was posted this morning is off by way of the Belisaurius vote.

Because I bothered to count. Sue me.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Skelda »

VOTE: RoyalApe is a good vote I think.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 202, RoyalApe wrote:[quote="In

I'll go with

If you had put the vote for me based on the reason you stated earlier in regards to my thoughts on Acryon and Duckling, I would accept the vote and move on. But using this as your reason to vote for me is just silly. We're not in RVS anymore.

This post is super scummy. There is no reason to assume that the reason he stated was the sole thing influencing his vote. Reasoning is stackable. Your defensive reasoning seems like scum to me.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:40 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 206, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:

I'm not sure why everybody is in a tizzy about my question. Especially as I've never stated that I thought it was scummy to count votes yourself.

I simply found it interesting enough to ask the question. That's what this game is about isn't it, looking for peculiarities and investigating them?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 208, Skelda wrote:

I'll go with

This post is super scummy. There is no reason to assume that the reason he stated was the sole thing influencing his vote. Reasoning is stackable. Your defensive reasoning seems like scum to me.

Reasoning is certainly stackable, I can buy that. But couldn't you let Jogger defend his own vote?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 209, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 206, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:

I'm not sure why everybody is in a tizzy about my question. Especially as I've never stated that I thought it was scummy to count votes yourself.

I simply found it interesting enough to ask the question. That's what this game is about isn't it, looking for peculiarities and investigating them?

Except that is completely irrelevant to everything. It was a stupid question and phrased like you thought her actions were scummy.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 210, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 208, Skelda wrote:

I'll go with

Reasoning is certainly stackable, I can buy that. But couldn't you let Jogger defend his own vote?

Jogger still can defend his own vote.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 1.06Chaoslord54: (4) Dry-fit, Mr_Blonde, acryon, Snugglyduckling
TobyLoby: (1) Farside22
Farside22: (2) Chaoslord54, Belisarius
acryon: (2) TobyLoby, Ranon
Belisarius: (1) Amy Farrah Fowler
RoyalApe: (2) NakedJogger, Skelda

Not Voting: cerberus48, RoyalApe

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-09-09 18:18:00)

Mod Notes:
None
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:21 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 211, Skelda wrote:
Except that is completely irrelevant to everything. It was a stupid question and phrased like you thought her actions were scummy.

How do we know if something is irrelevant until we investigate? I don't think it was a stupid question. Even if all it did was spark some debate, it will be of value to the town.

I do see how my question could be read that I'm implying a scum read from it. All I was trying to do what get more information so I could determine later if it was scummy or not.

I don't know if she was keeping track of Beli because she had her vote on him and was tracking him closely because of suspicion or if she was tracking Beli close because they are partners or if she just likes to spreadsheet out votes to decipher patterns.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 170, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:I don't like the fact that she posts something that's not especially relevant to this game (or asks a pretty awkward question) and then hides and keeps this one-irrelevant-post-a-day style up. It's the reason that most people have her as null, and every single extra post that adds to her crappost total is an extra notch on her scumminess scale (for me). So I have her as Null/Leaning scum right now. She can redeem herself by posting something smart, but right now she's getting scummier with every post.

Actually I'm pretty confident Astinus is town. She's taking a pretty carefree approach to this game.

In my town pile all I really have right now is Astinus and TobyLoby but I'm pretty confident about those. Amy Farrah Fowler's content looks good but I suspect she's an experienced player who's more than capable of duping us. Going to withhold judgement for now.

Still a big fan of the Chaos wagon.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 182, Baezu wrote:Mod Notes:astinus has asked for replacement. Ranon replaces astinus

Also is turns out Ranon that you're actually Astinus...
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Ranon
Ranon
Townie
Ranon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Ranon »

In post 216, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 182, Baezu wrote:Mod Notes:astinus has asked for replacement. Ranon replaces astinus

Also is turns out Ranon that you're actually Astinus...

Yup, Hi guy. Not much to say, I'm getting no real reads :lol:
Astinus
Astinus
Goon
Astinus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Astinus »

Thanks for replacing me Ranon, I really appreciate it. Good luck in your game!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 217, Ranon wrote:

Do you have any opinion on Chaos or his wagon?

C'mon Andy!
Mr_Blonde
Mr_Blonde
Goon
Mr_Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Mr_Blonde »

My parents are leaving tonight, so I'll be back after I've dropped them off at the airport with some updated stuff.
Ranon
Ranon
Townie
Ranon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Ranon »

In post 219, Dry-fit wrote:

I think it's more than likely that the scum are influencing us to make it seem like chaos isn't town, subliminally or not. He's null for me and I'm going to avoid the wagon until anything I'm reading comes up as scummy. I've read through a few matches on this site and it seems to be a normal thing to lynch town on the first day, even more so is that scum are normally on the wagon/influencing people to vote for the person in question somehow.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 am

Post by acryon »

In post 221, Ranon wrote:
In post 219, Dry-fit wrote:

I think it's more than likely that the scum are influencing us to make it seem like chaos isn't town, subliminally or not. He's null for me and I'm going to avoid the wagon until anything I'm reading comes up as scummy. I've read through a few matches on this site and it seems to be a normal thing to lynch town on the first day, even more so is that scum are normally on the wagon/influencing people to vote for the person in question somehow.

I don't know that it's scum influencing us on a chaos wagon. He made a pretty scummy post and then twice has said he was going to read up and post, but didn't. It could be legitimate, but it could also be scum trying to wait for things to blow over and move on. If he doesn't respond to his wagon, town has nothing to work off of and use against him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:56 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 214, RoyalApe wrote:

How do we know if something is irrelevant until we investigate? I don't think it was a stupid question. Even if all it did was spark some debate, it will be of value to the town.

I do see how my question could be read that I'm implying a scum read from it. All I was trying to do what get more information so I could determine later if it was scummy or not.

I don't know if she was keeping track of Beli because she had her vote on him and was tracking him closely because of suspicion or if she was tracking Beli close because they are partners or if she just likes to spreadsheet out votes to decipher patterns.

You did not ask it as a question.

You implied the vote was silly and that all naked did was vote on the one reason when he had stated other issues.
At least I think naked said something else.

Yea I see post 194 is a sum up with the main reason at the end.
I don't see it as strong
I also don't see what the deal with the vote count is all about.

Currently I'm too brain dead to think.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:33 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 223, farside22 wrote:
In post 214, RoyalApe wrote:

You did not ask it as a question.

Are you referring to the AFF vote count issue? I certainly asked a question in post . If you are commenting on something else, please clarify.

In post 223, farside22 wrote:
You implied the vote was silly and that all naked did was vote on the one reason when he had stated other issues.
At least I think naked said something else.

Jogger did give another reason higher above his vote, I don't question that. I also didn't imply his vote was silly, I stated it was silly due to the specific reason he stated.

Looking back on it, I now read that Jogger probably used this secondary reasoning as a tie breaker of sorts between Duckling, Dry-fit and myself. I still think the reasoning is silly, but if he intended to vote for one of the three of us, silly reasoning is better than no reasoning.

Return to “Completed Open Games”