Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:42 am

Post by farside22 »

I thought you and skelda was referring to your comment to naked jogger with the back and forth.
If not, that was my impression.
If you two are talking about the question you asked to any I don't see a point to the question but I don't see it as scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Any is Amy by the way in the above.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:52 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

@RoyalApe that's an extremely accurate assessment of the situation.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

In post 215, Dry-fit wrote:Amy Farrah Fowler's content looks good but I suspect she's an experienced player who's more than capable of duping us. Going to withhold judgement for now.

Ironically enough I'm a new account with not THAT much in the way of experience.

But thank you :)
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

In post 215, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 170, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:I don't like the fact that she posts something that's not especially relevant to this game (or asks a pretty awkward question) and then hides and keeps this one-irrelevant-post-a-day style up. It's the reason that most people have her as null, and every single extra post that adds to her crappost total is an extra notch on her scumminess scale (for me). So I have her as Null/Leaning scum right now. She can redeem herself by posting something smart, but right now she's getting scummier with every post.

Actually I'm pretty confident Astinus is town. She's taking a pretty carefree approach to this game.

Hmm... I diasgree. I wouldn't call that 'carefree'.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:52 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 228, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:
In post 215, Dry-fit wrote:Amy Farrah Fowler's content looks good but I suspect she's an experienced player who's more than capable of duping us. Going to withhold judgement for now.

Ironically enough I'm a new account with not THAT much in the way of experience.

I find it very difficult to believe you're not an alt. Aren't you?

When I say Astinus was carefree I mean mainly in the first couple pages. She put herself out there by joining a growing rvs wagon before voting herself just because she could. Doesn't seem like very careful play to me.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Baezu »

Mr_Blonde has asked for replacement. scrambles replaces Mr_Blonde. Thank you!
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:12 am

Post by scrambles »

Hello everyone. This is my second game. So excited!
Catching up now.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:27 am

Post by scrambles »

Well, that kind of sucks now that I see who I replaced. Mr Blonde seemed really smart.
I'm on page 3 right now, but I think Amy is town
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:08 am

Post by scrambles »

unvote

Since I don't actually know whether I can trust Mr Blonde's reads yet. I'll be caught up tonight hopefully.
Later.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:24 am

Post by TobyLoby »

I'll have time to catch up to this either very late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
chaoslord54
chaoslord54
Goon
chaoslord54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by chaoslord54 »

Okay so I finally read through everything and this is my first comment on the wagon against me. Although looking back now, I can see how my vote and my reasoning can seem scummy I think the speed of my wagon and the lack of people questioning the idea of my one post proving rather or not I'm scum is actually a legitimate way to look at things is pretty bad. I definitely think that scum is on my wagon and are influencing it although to who is exactly scum I'm not quite sure. I'm going to post a reads list after my next class tonight and will go from there. Also, if there are certain questions I have missed please direct them towards me and I will do my best to answer.
Astinus
Astinus
Goon
Astinus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Astinus »

In post 230, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 228, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:

I find it very difficult to believe you're not an alt. Aren't you?

When I say Astinus was carefree I mean mainly in the first couple pages. She put herself out there by joining a growing rvs wagon before voting herself just because she could. Doesn't seem like very careful play to me.

Lol, people are still talking about me here. :) Even though I'm now haunting this game instead of playing in it.

once you've been replaced you may no longer post in the thread.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:47 am

Post by farside22 »

So I'm doing ISO reads.
I may ask a questioned asked or something I missed. Frankly with my time schedule this week it maybe slow going but it's more functionally for me then reading the game in full.

@acryon:
In post 101, acryon wrote:
In post 98, farside22 wrote:I get the impression Toby is not reading things in full.

I also feel that, since I talked in that same post about her not providing much real content outside of just questioning people, and her next post() is asking yet another question of others without providing other real content or even answering your question.

Is this a scum or town tell for you?

In post 103, acryon wrote:
In post 102, Belisarius wrote:
In post 97, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Why are you turning this into argumentum ad absurdum by changing the argument to involve all replacements, requested or not?

Because I'm not. Those links were two games where the mod specifically stated replacement was requested, and one where a pregame replacement occurred without sufficient delay to gamestart for it to be anything
but
a request.

"Active elsewhere" is not relevant; there is no cause and effect relationship between replace-out requests and activity elsewhere. What's next, are we going to limit the criteria to a specific moon phase, making it even more impossible to get a sufficient sample size to be meaningful? How about only looking at replacements who are dog owners?

While I don't necessarily think Beli is going about it the perfect way, I think he is at least tunneling in a good direction. Offering essentially useless input can be both scum trying to appear helpful or newb town trying to be helpful with bad input. Given that farside is far from a newbie, I'm definitely suspicious of her offering such a bad argument. You have to admit: especially for a very experienced player, that argument really sucked.

I don't see why the tunneling is good.
He's holding onto something that has been explained to death and I don't recall why he thinks this is scummy or mentioned anything else relevant I recall. How long do you think his tunnelling and lack of input becomes more then null?

In post 126, acryon wrote:
In post 125, Dry-fit wrote:
I don't agree with your view on questioning acryon. Probing questions are like leads in a case. Some of them go somewhere, some don't. The best thing to do with the leads that don't go anywhere is to abandon them. There's no need to follow up. Also I think TobyLoby has been offering other kinds of content.

I agree that some don't go anywhere and they don't require follow-up, but there was no follow-up on almost any of them. So unless Toby has some extraordinary record of consecutive bad leads in this game, there is still some missing content.

I agree with this! It's why I'm voting Toby because I see it more scum then town tell.

Why no vote on anyone?

Acryon read is null. I see some thoughts and views but no drive or push on who he thinks is scummy or pushing to be better reads.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:00 am

Post by acryon »

In post 238, farside22 wrote:So I'm doing ISO reads.
I may ask a questioned asked or something I missed. Frankly with my time schedule this week it maybe slow going but it's more functionally for me then reading the game in full.

@acryon:
In post 101, acryon wrote:
In post 98, farside22 wrote:I get the impression Toby is not reading things in full.

I also feel that, since I talked in that same post about her not providing much real content outside of just questioning people, and her next post() is asking yet another question of others without providing other real content or even answering your question.

Is this a scum or town tell for you?

Overall, it is a scum tell, because it seemed like Toby was dodging.

In post 238, farside22 wrote:
In post 103, acryon wrote:
In post 102, Belisarius wrote:
In post 97, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Why are you turning this into argumentum ad absurdum by changing the argument to involve all replacements, requested or not?

Because I'm not. Those links were two games where the mod specifically stated replacement was requested, and one where a pregame replacement occurred without sufficient delay to gamestart for it to be anything
but
a request.

"Active elsewhere" is not relevant; there is no cause and effect relationship between replace-out requests and activity elsewhere. What's next, are we going to limit the criteria to a specific moon phase, making it even more impossible to get a sufficient sample size to be meaningful? How about only looking at replacements who are dog owners?

While I don't necessarily think Beli is going about it the perfect way, I think he is at least tunneling in a good direction. Offering essentially useless input can be both scum trying to appear helpful or newb town trying to be helpful with bad input. Given that farside is far from a newbie, I'm definitely suspicious of her offering such a bad argument. You have to admit: especially for a very experienced player, that argument really sucked.

I don't see why the tunneling is good.
He's holding onto something that has been explained to death and I don't recall why he thinks this is scummy or mentioned anything else relevant I recall. How long do you think his tunnelling and lack of input becomes more then null?

While I tend to not prescribe to that kind of tunneling, I have seen plenty of games where tunneling on someone's funky comments has lead to crucial scum-slips. That being said, I do think he got off-track and has, as you said, not really provided much outside of that. This certainly makes like the tunneling a lot less looking back., but he is still null to me.

In post 238, farside22 wrote:
In post 126, acryon wrote:
In post 125, Dry-fit wrote:
I don't agree with your view on questioning acryon. Probing questions are like leads in a case. Some of them go somewhere, some don't. The best thing to do with the leads that don't go anywhere is to abandon them. There's no need to follow up. Also I think TobyLoby has been offering other kinds of content.

I agree that some don't go anywhere and they don't require follow-up, but there was no follow-up on almost any of them. So unless Toby has some extraordinary record of consecutive bad leads in this game, there is still some missing content.

I agree with this! It's why I'm voting Toby because I see it more scum then town tell.

Why no vote on anyone?

Acryon read is null. I see some thoughts and views but no drive or push on who he thinks is scummy or pushing to be better reads.

I am still getting used to using my vote more. I come from playing IRL, where votes were used differently, and as I get more used to this format, I am starting to use my votes for pressure more. Consider your post inspiration. I still don't like the play I've seen from Toby.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: TobyLoby
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 116, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:
In post 111, SnugglyDuckling wrote:
In post 53, Mr_Blonde wrote:Generally players that hand out reads for seemingly arbitrary reasons get the stink eye from me.

Fair enough but I rarely find reasons to suspect people other than arbitrary ones so prepare to give me a lot of stink eyes.

Townpoints for the above post.

While I partially agree with acryon and hope you find some legitimate reasons too, this post jumps out to me as towny, if only because I can't really see scum, especially newbie scum, replying in that way.

I agree somewhat. There was also a post he made about "do I NEED to have a reason to trust Amy? Cuz I don't have one"
Although this town-read a looks a little quid pro quo, don't you think?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:28 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 1.07Chaoslord54: (2) Dry-fit, Snugglyduckling
TobyLoby: (2) Farside22, acryon
Farside22: (2) Chaoslord54, Belisarius
Belisarius: (1) Amy Farrah Fowler
RoyalApe: (2) NakedJogger, Skelda
acryon: (2) TobyLoby, Ranon

Not Voting: cerberus48, RoyalApe, scrambles

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-09-09 18:18:00)

Mod Notes:
Cerberus48 and snugglyduckling have not picked up their prods. Looking for replacements.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:58 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm going to be so confused with all these replacements.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:01 am

Post by acryon »

In post 242, farside22 wrote:I'm going to be so confused with all these replacements.

Seriously, hopefully it's not people that I am in other games with, because I already have a few of those and it's throwing me through a loop ><
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm reread bel and I still have no clue why he thinks I'm scummy.
Add he has not really talked about much else this game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:06 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 243, acryon wrote:
In post 242, farside22 wrote:I'm going to be so confused with all these replacements.

Seriously, hopefully it's not people that I am in other games with, because I already have a few of those and it's throwing me through a loop ><

I'm most likely going to have the replacements with a clean slate. Cerberus for example had 2 post that tell me nothing. Duck I recall bits and pieces. Luckily it's early enough in the game a fresh perspective would help.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 236, chaoslord54 wrote:Okay so I finally read through everything and this is my first comment on the wagon against me. Although looking back now, I can see how my vote and my reasoning can seem scummy I think the speed of my wagon and the lack of people questioning the idea of my one post proving rather or not I'm scum is actually a legitimate way to look at things is pretty bad. I definitely think that scum is on my wagon and are influencing it although to who is exactly scum I'm not quite sure. I'm going to post a reads list after my next class tonight and will go from there. Also, if there are certain questions I have missed please direct them towards me and I will do my best to answer.

I'd like to hear this reads list. And I think the issue with your one post is that it was your only post of content, and it was actually scummy in more than one way. If scum makes one scummy post and remains mostly silent the rest of the time, do we let him go because it was only one post?
Ranon
Ranon
Townie
Ranon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Ranon »

So I have been up for 24 hours and just remembered that I'm in a game =.=

Will read up and post reads tomorrow.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 236, chaoslord54 wrote:Okay so I finally read through everything and this is my first comment on the wagon against me. Although looking back now, I can see how my vote and my reasoning can seem scummy I think the speed of my wagon and the lack of people questioning the idea of my one post proving rather or not I'm scum is actually a legitimate way to look at things is pretty bad. I definitely think that scum is on my wagon and are influencing it although to who is exactly scum I'm not quite sure. I'm going to post a reads list after my next class tonight and will go from there. Also, if there are certain questions I have missed please direct them towards me and I will do my best to answer.

Lack of people questioning "rather" your first post is a legitimate way of looking at things?

I mean, your wagon is four people, right? It isn't like you are at L-1 or anything. And I think a lot of us, including you, have acknowledged that your first post was scummy. But, since we aren't all voting for yoh, not exactly sure what your point is.

But you are the sort of person who is incapable of not being scummy. That's the impression I get, at least. And you might be scum and play exactly as you do as Town and still get lynched becaus you are just so lynchable. But I think I'm retracting my scumread on you, oddly enough, and putting you as null. Sure, your posts are horrible. But after reading more of them, I feel like they are going to be horrible no matter what alignment you happen to have. But being like that also makes you pretttyhard to townread or read at all.

What is your opinion on RoyalApe?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Baezu »

curiouskarmadog replaces cerberus48. Thank you!
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”