Micro 376: Chosen Mafia - Game Over = Perfect Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 2.14:

BlueBloodedToffee - [4] - Hostile Intent, Guilty Gunsmith, Josh_B, Lying Cat

Josh_B - [1] - ZZZX
ZZZX - [1] - Heartless
Hostile Intent - [1] - BlueBloodedToffee

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-09-10 17:11:03)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

The town discussed the situation and all agreed to follow the same strategy that they advocated on day 1 - it worked out then didn't it? So they agreed to discuss some more and vote some more. Some players even unvoted and revoted a few times (they had their reasons).

BlueBloodedToffee was just minding his own business, talking and voting and accusing, but he was in danger of lynch right from the get go. It all started when a townie made an accusation.

"I saw BlueBloodedToffee crying after day 1 ended, after Flubbernugget was lynched." - Townie

BlueBloodedToffee insisted that he was peeling onions, but then another townie pointed out that he had an onion allergy. BlueBloodedToffee defended that he was making a special meal for his dog, but everyone in the town knew he didn't have a dog. BlueBloodedToffee tried faking bark noises, but to no avail - the town was very suspicious.

So then BlueBloodedToffee cleverly concocted a story that his dog had run away, but the town was just a teensy bit more clever. The story just didn't add up. So they lynched him. It turns out that BlueBloodedToffee lied - he had been watching a particularly somber film that night and was embarrassed to admit how sensitive he was... but he was mafia anyway.

BlueBloodedToffee, Mafia Goon, lynched day 2.

TOWN WINS! Congrats to T S O, Guilty Gunsmith, Lying Cat, Hostile Intent, Josh_B, ZZZX, and Heartless!
Last edited by Wickedestjr on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Roles;
BlueBloodedToffee- Mafia Goon
Flubbernugget - Mafia Goon
Guilty Gunsmith - Veto
awestfie/Hostile Intent - Chosen
Heartless - Chosen

How was the game?
-Wickedestjr
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

I enjoyed every part I read thoroughly. Sorry that I was such a lurksack.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1222, Lying Cat wrote:On the other hand, if he's town and just fakeclaimed scum in twilight, we've got a really good twilight to analyse for tomorrow.

Totally gonna do this from now on.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Lol I trolled myself so hard.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by sthar8 »

sorry guys, my scumreads were shit this game and you all carried me. I feel pretty good about my townreads, though, which is interesting since it's usually what I'm bad at. Also I TOTALLY CALLED THE TWO CHOSEN. Jingle can confirm :P

@TTH, TSO- we need to play more games.

@HI- you're obviously doing very well. look forward to playing with you again.

@Z, josh- good job guys. you rocked it.

@anti, etl, AP- sorry for dragging that out. I guess it was my turn to be unreasonably paranoid.

@flubber, bbt- good game. I certainly tried to help you win :D

@josh some more-
don't
ATE unless you need to. And if you need to, subtlety is key. don't make an ATE post, put a little ATE into a lot of posts. Also, you need to know your audience. ATE is super swingy. It works well on some people (antihero, AP) and very poorly on others (me, TTH, Jingle). You need to tailor your arguments to the people you want to persuade.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

So, as you can see, Heartless was chosen. Once they started really pushing for Flubber's lynch (and they were the first to do so IIRC) there wasn't much I could do. I messed up on and and it was all downhill from there. I just couldn't let Heartless push through the lynch on FN because I would have had/did have a very difficult time getting them lynched after that.

Everyone was town-reading the chosen townies as well. Such a difficult game.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I alse intended to kill GG on N1, like the whole of D1, but decided to take the risk in keeping them alive in the hope that AP could turn the tide on me and gain me a few more town-reads. That didn't pan out either haha
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Post by ZZZX »

Good job

I should have knew josh wasnt scum but i failed that

But BBT was mainly my next lynch

gg wp
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:27 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

XD veto'd!

<3 AP you're not allowed to doubt me ever again :P

Awesome game. I have more to say when I'm not mobile and getting ready for work/school.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:30 am

Was there anything in the scum PT? Is there a dead PT?
Art is cool.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:29 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I'm glad to have been the 3rd wheel to the Antihero-ETL steamroll.

I apologize for cluttering up the discussion with all the wrongness. :(
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:21 am

This game was a lot of fun, and ooey the playerlist!
First, I want to apologize to both the players and to Wicked for hydra-slipping without reservation. Second, thanks, Wicked, for the excellent moderation. This game was awesome! <3

Anti - you're the best. :] I love playing with you cuz I can tell when you're scum, and when you're town we're on the same wavelength. I know I can count on your support and that's such a big thing. <3

AP/LC - ily guys so much! But occam's razor went on vacation. Trust your town reads more. XD

ZZZX - don't be so lurky. I was like the only one townreading you. Your town game is pretty distinct but no one can see if it you aren't around. :]

TTH - I loved a lot of the analysis you were doing and you were on the right track. Don't let paranoia eat you alive and remember to trust your instincts. When you start to question your own firm beliefs, things will fall apart. Hold on to your solid townreads until it no longer makes sense.

Flubber/BBT - I'm sorry! XD I couldn't say it at the time, but Flubber's game here was so totally and completely different from the newbie. It wasn't until I actually compared the two that I realized Anti was right. Also, Flubber, don't address your partner like that in the thread. :P BBT, I think you did a really good job of shaking my read towards the end. I just kept coming back to your defense of Flubber, followed by the hammer. Defending your partner is fine, as long as it makes sense. You made some good points, but then your hammer didn't track. If you'd stayed off the wagon, I wouldn't have thought as hard about it. The defense was the biggest thing, but the hammer solidified the read.

Josh B - your genuine honesty showed through your posts (for me) and being easily read is a good skill to have. Keep that up and the rest will follow.

awestfie - You were doing really well at first, with decent analysis and good questions, but then you completely shut down. I know it gets rough sometimes but working through it with your townreads is better than rage-quitting. With a little work on your attitude, I think you'd be an amazing player.

TSO - I'm sorry I picked on you. I just needed to figure you out. :P I'm sorry you died instead of us.

Hostile Intent - I don't really have much to say but it was a pleasure playing with you. XD
Art is cool.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Antihero »

wow, the TSO kill was head-scratchingly bad. he was due for a hard reset/credibility crisis when the shoe dropped on the flubbernugget flip

BBT, why didn't you kill GG?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1227, Wickedestjr wrote:How was the game?

nice modding job wicked!

d("d)
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:55 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1237, TellTaleHeart wrote:I'm glad to have been the 3rd wheel to the Antihero-ETL steamroll.

I apologize for cluttering up the discussion with all the wrongness. :(

NO APOLOGIES. if anyone gets the "pants on head" award for this game, it's AP for his day 2 antics.

it doesn't matter how good your reads were, you totally did contribute to winning this game

1) you pulled me back to sanity when i was about to fly off the handle at ETL on day 1
2) you made a few good posts that contributed to the flubber lynch; most notably this one
3) you gave our slot transparency and produced really town things, which sthar picked up on. if i had to fight sthar on day 2, i would have gone crazy.

you kept me sane. AWESOME GAME
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1229, Jingle wrote:
In post 1222, Lying Cat wrote:On the other hand, if he's town and just fakeclaimed scum in twilight, we've got a really good twilight to analyse for tomorrow.

Totally gonna do this from now on.

sthar, can you please deliver a swift kick to the balls to jingle for me?

thanks in advance
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:56 am

Post by Josh_B »

I'm not sure why the scum team town read Awest on D1.
BBT, I didn't understand you going after my lynch on D2, when I was semi wk'd on the flubber lynch. I probably would have pushed that Flubber was bussed. And if I did that, I probably would have been lynched too. So, here's some salt to go with the WIFOM.

I'm kind of the wizard of WIFOM.

AngryPidgeon, First time playing together, long time fan. I didn't read you this game, I thought that mostly you were playing with ETL, and not the rest of us, but such is the nature of a hydra. I thought if you were scum, you would have been more engaged. ETL seemed town enough so that even when you guys were making no sense, I kept a town read on your hydra.

TSO, this is the first time we've played together on the same team. I was suspicious of your alignment from the beginning, but I didn't want to jump at you like I have in other games. At the start of DP2, I deleted a "thank god" post 3x. I'm pretty sure you would policy lynch me any time the wagon is right, and I would do the same for you. On a side note, your interactions with AP/ETL gave me some good vibes about you this game. (a town read, but I'll never say that in a game) :wink:

ZZZX- Always town. Thanks for posting while you were on vacation. your posts had a feeling of slight despair. You wanted to be here to play and get reads, but you weren't able to because of your situation. I kept my faith that you were town, even though you wavered on me at the end. I wasn't sure what to do to get you back on board with me being town, but such is the nature of the game.

Sthar it was fun. You were thinking about the game from different angles which is normally good, especially in larger games. But I was wondering if you would ever read the game directly from the angle of the flip. DP2, it was really starting to feel like your angle was too skewed to be natural. Jingle-Null.

BBT good job of defending your partner. Too bad he still got lynched D1.

Flubber, slow down. I don't know how many scum games you've played but you seemed very eager to get people lynched this game(this is also a problem that I still have). Your refusal to give a Lying Cat read was nice, and it slightly pointed to them as your partner. I think we'll make a great team.
#SABBATHonSABBATH

TTH/Anti, I pretty much ignored you this game. Middle town.

Awest, scum all day. Awkward Policy Lynch, attacking the players outside of the context of this game, a very sticky vote on LyingCat with a slight deviation to Flubber. With a little more buddying from Flubber, I could have easily seen you as being his partner over BBT.
HostileIntent, very cleverly played with intro. Did you actually read the game or no? Scum was already caught by the time you replaced in, or rather the day's lynch was mostly decided. I still can't believe it took soooo long.

Wicked thanks for hosting this game, the chosen aspect was a nice underlying guessing game. I never figured it out. I thought it was me and GG. I wasn't trying to break the game or make it freeze like Antarctica. I was just hoping to garner some town posts (like ZZZX) and some scum posts (like awest and flubber) to get an idea of where I should start scum hunting.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Josh_B »

[quote="In post 1226, Wickedestjr"][/quote]

:lol: :giggle: :lol:
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:01 am

oh yeah i forgot to comment on the flavor.
it was perfectly clever and funny!
I enjoyed it immensely
Art is cool.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:06 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1238, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Also, Flubber, don't address your partner like that in the thread.

Where exactly are you talking about?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:07 am

In post 863, Flubbernugget wrote:BBT just end it ffs.

:cool:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:09 am

In post 1243, Josh_B wrote:I thought that mostly you were playing with ETL, and not the rest of us,

Yes he was...

PLAYING WITH MY SANITY. :lol:
Art is cool.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Antihero »

I WANT TO SEE THE QTS

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”