Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:04 am

Post by Salamence20 »

RC: I'm back

To be honest, don't know when I'm going to reread this. Probably tomorrow tbh.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 466, Gemini Blind wrote:My comp just crashed in the middle of a big post so these next few are coming piece by piece.
In post 452, Iecerint wrote:Why the hell is everyone saying they think I'm scum while not voting for me? It's super awkward.

If I had a top 10 list of pet peeves from mafia players, this would be on it.

~STD

Complaining about not having votes, or people using rhetoric against a player without voting for him?

What is the significance of your "pet peeve" re: actual content in this game?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 471, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 463, Iecerint wrote:Nice total lack of votes you've got there.

Be a shame if something were to happen to it.

What is the point of this threat? All you're doing here is fear-mongering and telling us jack about why Xayzeck is scum. It's the exact same thing you did with me.

lol.

Xayzeck's post was saliently non-constructive. I was lampshading it. It should be super obvious.

It stood out to me because I had thought Xay thought I was town.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 474, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 472, Elyse wrote:This is a problem.

Why?

How is focusing on one player
not
a problem?

If you are scum, you avoid taking strong stances on other players which lets you hop on a wagon at will and defend your scumbuddies.

If you are town, you are wasting time tunneling on a townie and not looking for scum. Even if I was scum, you would be wasting time not looking for my buddies.

Also

V/LA until Monday
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 477, Iecerint wrote:

What is the point of this threat? All you're doing here is fear-mongering and telling us jack about why Xayzeck is scum. It's the exact same thing you did with me.

lol.

Xayzeck's post was saliently non-constructive. I was lampshading it. It should be super obvious.

It stood out to me because I had thought Xay thought I was town.

Oh, I see it's possible you just didn't understand what I meant at all.

Go back and read Xayzeck's post (the quoting of which you have removed for some reason). I am paraphrasing it.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Limited Access until Monday

sorry for no V/LA earlier, wasn't expecting work to kick my ass quite so hard
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:28 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 477, Iecerint wrote:

lol.

And how, exactly, is your post any more constructive than his?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Gemini Blind »

Whoa, totally didn't even notice my bro's most recent posts.

I'm not entirely fond of a Salamance lynch myself but if there aren't any other good options I'd rather go for a lynch then a no lynch.

Icerint for some reason seems scummy but I can't figure out exactly why.

I'm not really liking CTD anymore. I thought their entry looked town enough but I was expecting, well hoping for something more from them.

Xay and Elyse probably have scum in one of those slots.

In post 473, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 468, Gemini Blind wrote:Do you ever say why? (and if not, why?)

I've said why I scumread Elyse, haven't I?

I also said I've ended up putting most of my efforts on to Elyse, so I haven't been paying attention to other slots. I recall scumreading Ice, I don't recall why. I'm willing to guess that it's because most of the playerlist though he was scum, and not something I discovered purely on my own. Like the reads of others influenced my read on him, almost.

For Sala, the wagon built up on his dayvig talk, which I thought was kinda dumb, and the wagon's been up ever since, but I'm not sure if he's done anything scummy since the dayvig talk, which I honestly don't think was worth a wagon. What I do have a problem with, and that I can remember, is how he bragged about getting out of RVS, but I see that more likely coming from town that scum almost.

Why didn't I say all of this before? Because most of this is outdated lol

I don't like the last line here. How is it outdated? It's day 1. As far as I'm concerned your opinion is still relevant, and could still be important. Especially if it's about the comments in opposition to the Salamance wagon. Saying something about it earlier might have helped derail the wagon if you were so opposed to it.

To be honest I'm not sure how helpful the Elyse vs. Xay thing really is. Elyse seems to still be engaging others while Xay even admits to focusing mostly on Elyse.

At this point I'd like to actually hear something from Salamance if he's back. The sooner the better. Same with CTD.

VOTE: CTD

I'll probably be willing to switch over to a Salamance vote at some point if there are no better ways to prevent a no lynch. I don't think Sal's been the most helpful person when they've been posting so I'm not completely opposed to putting my vote there.

The same could be said of CTD about not being the most helpful either.

-JR
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Why do you find my lack of posting scummy in particular, Gemini? Given that my entry was "town enough", it doesn't follow that you'd lump me in with Salamance as "not the most helpful when they've been posting". I could give you the song and dance about why I've lacked the energy to play mafia this week, but I don't want to bore you with my life story. That entire post of yours is supremely wishy-washy ("not entirely sold on Salamance", "Iece scummy for some reason", "probably scum between Elyse and Xayzeck") and your vote on me is more than a little baffling. Do you have any thoughts on Aronis?

In post 446, Gemini Blind wrote:Not sure this is helpful. You're deadset on Aronis?

My predecessor's vote happened to be on Aronis and I took ownership of that vote by confirming. What exactly don't you find helpful, wanting to lynch Aronis or being deadset on it? (I'm not)

Speaking of, Aronis is active elsewhere on site and needs more votes.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Gemini Blind »

Our heads disagreed on our reads on you, CTD. I, Jelly, thought your first post
seemed
townie but baring anything else helpful to town, that initial read didn't carry as much weight. I'm glad you've come back to say something. Aronis is someone I'm looking at too.

The quote of ours and your question is something I can't quite answer for since it's STD's stance. I think we did have a vote on Aronis at one point but I moved it off.

After taking a look, I'll agree he's probably been just about as helpful as you, if that.

I understand that people are busy and can lack the time and energy to post. (Just ask STD, he's been super busy) but the judgement is on how helpful the posts you have given so far, coupled with those of your predecessor. Neither of you have done too much to help town in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on Xay and Elyse?
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Gemini Blind »

-JR
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Hey guys.
We have less than 24 hours until deadline hits. And a bunch of players just went V/LA.

We need a lynch. Gemini you vote shows a lack of awareness about the gamestate.

@Xayzeck given what Elyse has offered in this game I'm willing to help you lynch her tomorrow. Salamence today.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by Elyse »

:roll:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Salamence
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Elyse »

Also what the fuck are we doing with the dayvig???
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:34 pm

In post 250, Dry-fit wrote:My number 2 suspect would probably be PV. I really don't like that ToastyToast vote.

In post 305, Dry-fit wrote:I don't like naked votes. Also I don't like voting a player this far into the game who hasn't really provided content. You still haven't explained your vote.

In post 422, Dry-fit wrote:As soon as a counterwagon to him forms on PV, he immediately tries to play up PV's vote hopping. Which is not particularly alignment indicative expecially with the position PV was in at the time.

In post 465, Dry-fit wrote:4. Eagerness to jump on PV for vote hopping:
Salamence20 wrote:PV is votehopping.

Squirm baby squirm

This was at a time when PV was an emerging counterwagon to Sal. This looks like opportunism to me.

I fail to see why you consider this scummy from Salamance when you basically had the same criticism of PV. "Naked voting" and "vote hopping" are the same thing in my understanding. I further fail to see why you consider this opportunism on Salamance's part when PV was already an established scum read of his (and the recipient of his vote) prior to the vote hopping. I severely raise my eyebrow at the fact that you call PV's voting behavior "not particularly alignment indicative" in the context of a Salamance case when you grilled him about his voting behavior yourself.

The rest of your case (with the exception of maybe point 3) is hardly compelling either. I'm not willing to stick my neck out too far for Salamance because I'm not that passionate about my read on him, but I will note that his posting sounds sincere to me for the most part and that's not a quality I generally attribute to his scum play.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

So im l-2 or 1 so im doing this now i guess

Kill Elyse

Still town.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Unvote.

Let's see what comes of this.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:18 pm

In post 483, CrashTextDummie wrote:Why do you find my lack of posting scummy in particular, Gemini?

I'd like a more specific answer to this. It's a fact that I hadn't posted for a couple of days. I'd like to know why you found that scummy. Did you think I was active lurking? Did you check my site activity? Why did you single me out and vote me for "lack of helpfulness"?

In post 484, Gemini Blind wrote:What are your thoughts on Xay and Elyse?

Similar read on both. Xayzeck's ISO is heavy on observations and questions and somewhat light on analysis and interpretation, which I tend to find problematic as a playstyle. Elyse has spend more time arguing with the likes of Xay, SC and PV than pushing cases, but she has a posting style that naturally reads town to me.

That said, both players have pushed (or are pushing) cases against Elyse/PV respectively I consider reasonable if not substantial enough to base a lynch on, which I'm willing to pass off as a symptom of the low energy in this game. Neither player has done anything blatantly scummy in my eyes.
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Gemini Blind »

I find the lack of substance in your posts scummy, not your lack of posting CTD.

Also Dry-Fit, I am well aware of the game state and believe I did indicate I was willing to lynch Salamance if it came to that.

Of course sala made his potential dayvig shot, so we'll see where that takes us.

-JR
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Elyse »

Well I'm town.

If I die scumreads are PV, Iec, Xay, Sala in that order.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 487, Elyse wrote::roll:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Salamence

In post 494, Elyse wrote:Well I'm town.

If I die scumreads are PV, Iec, Xay, Sala in that order.

Hmmmmm?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Elyse »

There's less than a day until deadline and your wagon is the biggest.

Did you even read the game before you made that shot?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 496, Elyse wrote:There's less than a day until deadline and your wagon is the biggest.

Did you even read the game before you made that shot?

Why are you asking him that question when you apparently can't read your own posts? You're voting Salamence despite him being fourth place in your scumlist. I understand compromise lynches, but damn...
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 478, Elyse wrote:If you are scum, you avoid taking strong stances on other players which lets you hop on a wagon at will and defend your scumbuddies.

If you are town, you are wasting time tunneling on a townie and not looking for scum. Even if I was scum, you would be wasting time not looking for my buddies.

I'm tunneling scum though, and i'd be wasting time not looking for your buddies? I'm more concerned with how much you're getting townread at the moment, and that makes zero sense at all. Nobody has given me a definite, substantial answer, mostly just townvibes. Like, wtf
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 482, Gemini Blind wrote:I don't like the last line here. How is it outdated? It's day 1. As far as I'm concerned your opinion is still relevant, and could still be important. Especially if it's about the comments in opposition to the Salamance wagon. Saying something about it earlier might have helped derail the wagon if you were so opposed to it.

Because most of this was like...page 1-5 (i think)

so there's like 10+ pages of content that I would be ignoring

that's pretty outdated
GMT+8

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”