Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:50 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 474, Flubbernugget wrote:Is he overexplaining as scum or just town looking for attention?

Please make this plainer, Flubber.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Boonskiies »

@BBT - I also explained there that once we started talking about auto lynching the other, you completely backtracked. I believe you were hoping to get TTH lynched, and have no repercussions towards yourself. Granted, there's still the possibility of both of you being scum, which in case, it gives even more reason for you guys to try to stay away from a lynch. About the Anatole thing, you saw that him and Wake were going at and you picked a side. If Wake would have been lynched, you could have easily went "Oh, that must mean Anatole is scum! Let's lynch him because he was attacking a townie. HAR HAR HAR!!!!" What i meant by 'staying under the radar' was you let it be an "Anatole vs Wake" deal, while slyly peeping in now and then, and trying to keep focus off of you until you actually have to bring it back to you.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:40 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm town reading Csareo and Wake.
I'm scum reading BBT. Anatole could also be scum, which would be a reason why BBT would think my reasoning for him thinking that him trying to get a mislynch on Anatole the next day is odd.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 am

Post by The Rufflig »

In post 472, Csareo wrote:Your case on me is weak. Even ruffles case is weak.
It was pretty much "You're scum because you voted X"

Then you haven't been reading my posts. Here is what you've said most recently about BBT:
In post 466, Csareo wrote:Oppurtunistic vote jumping, lack of scum hunting, and the fact that he is more focused on removing threats to himself than hunting scum, is why I'm voting him.

1) Opportunistic vote jumping.

Ok, let's go over his voting record again.

In post #8, BBT votes TTH.
TellTaleHeart (1): BlueBloodedToffee

In post #109 BBT votes Anatole Kuragin.
Anatole Kuragin (2): GreyICE, BlueBloodedToffee

In post #124 BBT returns his vote to TTH.
TellTaleHeart (2): Wake88, BlueBloodedToffee

In post #155 BBT votes scrambles
scrambles (1): BlueBloodedToffee

In post #261 BBT votes Wake88
Wake88 (2): Rambler, BlueBloodedToffee

In post #387 BBT votes Csareo
Csareo (1): BlueBloodedToffee

Which of these are opportunistic and why?

2) Lack of scum hunting.

This is a judgement call obviously. You needn't try to prove a negative to me.

3) more focused on removing threats to himself than hunting scum

I've tried to engage you on point 3 (no matter how you've stated it) multiple times. I've shown why I do not think this point is true. You keep repeating this point without giving any explanation as to why you believe it to be true. The only conclusion I can draw is that you know that this point is completely made up. Do you have any reason for continually repeating this point?

Bonus points:
In post 350, Csareo wrote:That was literally the scummiest thing I've seen. I'm almost certain it was forged, or details were ommited. The formatting was off, as if someone editted it.

Can you back this statement up in any manner?
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:45 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 476, Boonskiies wrote:@BBT - I also explained there that once we started talking about auto lynching the other, you completely backtracked. I believe you were hoping to get TTH lynched, and have no repercussions towards yourself. Granted, there's still the possibility of both of you being scum, which in case, it gives even more reason for you guys to try to stay away from a lynch. About the Anatole thing, you saw that him and Wake were going at and you picked a side. If Wake would have been lynched, you could have easily went "Oh, that must mean Anatole is scum! Let's lynch him because he was attacking a townie. HAR HAR HAR!!!!" What i meant by 'staying under the radar' was you let it be an "Anatole vs Wake" deal, while slyly peeping in now and then, and trying to keep focus off of you until you actually have to bring it back to you.

And I said to you I was all for it. If I get lynched on the premise of being in a neighbourhood then TTH
has
to be lynched after me. I think you will be lynching two townies though.

So I picked a side between AK and Wake but stayed under the radar? Do you not find those two things contradictory? I could have posted nothing, that would have been staying under the radar. If I wanted the focus off me, why did I get involved when I didn't have to?

I think I have been the focus the majority of this game; so you thinking I am trying to stay under the radar is absurd.

PEdit -
@Boon
If I get lynched and flip town, what is your read on TTH? I find it odd you've just completely excluded her from your reads list there (I know you've excluded other people, but TTH is fairly central to everything that's going on)
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:52 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 477, Boonskiies wrote:I'm town reading Csareo and Wake.

You're townreading Csareo?

My curiosity is piqued. Why?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Boonskiies »

If you flip town? Interesting.

TTH is a null read for me. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'm actually somewhat trying to exclude lynching for neighbor purposes. I don't necessarily see why we
have
to lynch both of you. It seems like policy lynching to me at that point.

@TTH - I've been town reading Csareo. I've played with him before. I've read games of his that he was in and I wasn't. Granted, I could be being a little bias because the people going against Csareo are my scum reads, and I've kind of just piggyback'd Csareo on Wake's back. As I am town reading Wake hard. Mainly due to me playing with him quite a bit, and he's usually anti-town ish by accident when he's town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 am

In post 481, Boonskiies wrote:If you flip town? Interesting.

This is magic. Are you seriously implying that you think this is a slip;

In post 479, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:If I get lynched and flip town, what is your read on TTH?

And this isn't?

In post 407, Csareo wrote:This is going to be sad when you flip town.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:30 am

Post by The Rufflig »

@Boonskiies: Why didn't you just vote BBT instead of announcing an intent to vote? You seemed quite sure that he was scum.

In post 352, Boonskiies wrote:I don't like this, but meh. I was scum reading Csareo up until his most recent post.

You know, I don't recall you ever mentioning that you were scum reading Csareo. For that matter, I don't recall you mentioning him at all prior to this. If you had a scum read on Csareo, why didn't you tell us or vote him or poke at him?

Anatole Kuragin could be scum? Weren't you scum reading AK earlier? Let me dig it up:
In post 353, Boonskiies wrote:Anatole/BBT I can see as a scum team IF Wake ends up being town.

If Wake is scum, I find it hard to believe Anatole would be putting up such a fight against Wake. I do have a scum read on Anatole, but it also seems like playstyle to me. Wake is one of those characters that can really get someone worked up, and that's the only thing keeping me from voting Anatole right now other than the presence of BBT.

Afterwards, he sees Anatole vs Wake happening and picks a side. He's directly involved with the two, but he is staying under the radar. This makes me have a potential feeling that BBT is trying for a mislynch on either one of them leading into a second mislynch on the other. I've actually played with a scum BBT before, and he's actually playing quite similar. He started lurking when under pressure last time, though.

So to summarize: AK can be scum if Wake88 is town. If Wake is scum, then AK is not scum with him. You have a scum read on AK. BBT is trying to mislynch both AK and Wake88. I am concerned that you are assuming that AK and Wake88 are both town when you apply a case to BBT, but that you assume they are not both town when you are not talking about BBT.
Don't Panic!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm just putting out possible scenarios really. I scum read Csareo because he wasn't really doing much in the beginning. Then he posts a big wall that I actually somewhat agreed with, and then he got targeted by people I had more of a scum read on. And I don't usually say my scum reads until I plan on pursuing/interrogating them. Pretty much check any game I've been in. I'm trolly. You've been in a game with me before, Ruff.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Yes, but I wasn't trying to town read you in that game. I had you down as *ahem* village idiot - do not nk.
Don't Panic!
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

Csareo and Boonskies are pretty much exhibiting the same cognitive dissonance.

"I'm scumreading these players based on this scenario but I'm also scumreading the same players because of a second hypothetical scenario that is completely incompatible with the first scenario."
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 475, Wake1 wrote:
In post 474, Flubbernugget wrote:Is he overexplaining as scum or just town looking for attention?

Liars tend to explain in excessive detail or redundantly.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 474, Flubbernugget wrote:Hmmm. Good catch Wake. I may be wrong about Csaero. Is he overexplaining as scum or just town looking for attention?

In post 487, Flubbernugget wrote:

Liars tend to explain in excessive detail or redundantly.

The issue is that he explained something he was not asked for.

It's not about over-explanation or looking for attention.

Why would you mention that, Flubber?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

It's over defensive. Scum is going to "feel" the spotlight on them more than town. Or at least I do as scum.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 489, Flubbernugget wrote:It's over defensive. Scum is going to "feel" the spotlight on them more than town. Or at least I do as scum.

Which is it? Over-defensive, or over-explaining?

...now I want you to clarify, please. Is he over-explaining as Scum, a Townie looking for attention, or being over-defensive?

You have yet to explain how it's about over-explanation, when it was about Csareo answering/explaining a question pointed at
you

How do you feel at the moment, Flubber?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by scrambles »

In post 423, Wake1 wrote:Please engage, scambles, or replace out.

I sent a pm to the mod. No confirmation yet. Sorry!
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:11 am

Post by Bert »

Vote Count 1.04

BlueBloodedToffee(4)
– TellTaleHeart, Flubbernugget, Csareo, Boonskiies
Csareo(3)
– BlueBloodedToffee, scrambles, The Rufflig
Anatole Kuragin(1)
– GreyICE
Boonskiies(1)
– massive
GreyICE(1)
– Anatole Kuragin
Wake88(1)
– Rambler
Not Voting(2)
–Doogal121, Wake88

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

The deadline is temporarily on hold.

Mod notes:

Let me know if you ever see any errors. :)
Rambler is being replaced. When Rambler is officially replaced, the initial deadline will be revised and extended.[/area]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:01 am

Post by massive »

In post 457, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 451, massive wrote:I am not a vote-mover. You can read some of my other games, I'm sure, and come away with the same conclusion. I'm also not big on sharing my thoughts, and I'm horrible at teamwork, but those (I THINK) is an artifact from being an older player with a long time away from the site, and changes to the overall way the game is played here. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it.

That's not really helping me read you, massive.

Anything else?

I'm not sure what else you want here. Maybe why I'm OK with not moving my vote? Immediately after my vote on him, Boon completely disappeared. At the time of your request, he hadn't done anything to make me move my vote, and his vote in 467 was pretty rubbish too. 476 has him casually mention the "double-scum-gambit" possibility which, really, people, can we all agree that's a little obtuse? Like this:

In post 476, Boonskiies wrote:Granted, there's still the possibility of both of you being scum, which in case, it gives even more reason for you guys to try to stay away from a lynch.

makes no sense. If you're both scum, you practically WANT a lynch here, because (to most of us) it would auto-townie the other one. Pushing the double-scum-gambit as even a possibility here just keeps it in people's minds.

---

I like where The Rufflig is going.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 490, Wake1 wrote:
In post 489, Flubbernugget wrote:It's over defensive. Scum is going to "feel" the spotlight on them more than town. Or at least I do as scum.

In the scenario I presented it would be over-explaining as a result of being over defensive.

...now I want you to clarify, please. Is he over-explaining as Scum, a Townie looking for attention, or being over-defensive?

This is a subjective question. That being said, as of right now I think it was an attention grab.

You have yet to explain how it's about over-explanation, when it was about Csareo answering/explaining a question pointed at
you

Csaero explained something you deemed innapropriate for him to explain. Is this not the definition of over-explanation?

I am still town reading Csaero, but less so as before. My read on you has not chaged.

I would also like to know the purpose you have for asking these questions and what reads you have gaine from them.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Also, I still see AK as getting scum reads from criticizing bad play instead of trying to read for intentions.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 am

I really like The Rufflig's .

I'm willing to lynch Csareo or Boon today
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 495, Flubbernugget wrote:Also, I still see AK as getting scum reads from criticizing bad play instead of trying to read for intentions.

Why do you think my vote on GreyICE is due to criticizing bad play? He tried (successfully) to mislead people into voting for me. Felt like he was trying pretty hard too, despite obviously completely misreading or misunderstanding what was going on in the game he referenced. He then admitted that he is deliberately avoiding the thread to answer the questions pertaining to that.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 496, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I really like The Rufflig's .

I'm willing to lynch Csareo or Boon today

That post is pure D1 association tells. You're constantly complaining about D1 association tells.

Now this is a lynch all liars I can get behind.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 494, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 490, Wake1 wrote:

In the scenario I presented it would be over-explaining as a result of being over defensive.

This is a subjective question. That being said, as of right now I think it was an attention grab.

you

Csaero explained something you deemed innapropriate for him to explain. Is this not the definition of over-explanation?

I am still town reading Csaero, but less so as before. My read on you has not chaged.

I would also like to know the purpose you have for asking these questions and what reads you have gaine from them.

So you feel Csareo was over-explaining... as a result of being over-defensive... for responding to something not asked of him? But why would he be defensive when the question was pointed at
you
, not him?

You are muddying the waters. Now you're saying as of right now it was an attention grab.

So are you saying it was an attention grab, and over-explaining, for being over-defensive?

My gut's not liking the way you're answering these questions, Flubbernugget.

And... no. Over-explanation is when you explain a bit too much about something. Liars tend to do that. Csareo explaining something which was meant for
you
to explain is not the definition of over-explanation. I asked you the question. Not him. I don't understand why he volunteered.

My exact reason for asking you these questions is because I am Scumhunting you, and I will use every bit of information I extract from you to get a better understanding of where you stand in this game. By Scumhunting I have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so please do not be alarmed when I ask you as many questions as I need to understand you better.
— House*
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”