Mini 1591: PFs Flavorless Normal (Game Over)

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 2316, Cyberbob wrote:
Shut up.

Vi wrote:

Cyberbob has been permanently banned from non-Mafia forums for repeated abuse of other sitegoers.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2324, Goofyd00d wrote:SG, one of the things that made me lose direction is that no one would follow me on you, from the day you saved pops I had a 100% scum on you, just not able to muster what it would take to convince everyone.

To be honest, I don't remember anyone but myself fighting a town read in her after that. You were fairly nonexistent in my mind for the lat two days, and only because literally no one else questioned you as town.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't know why this resentment still exists... I think y'all are all good, fun players. I wish there could be a group hug between SK, reinoe and Bob. :(
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

It was my first time getting to day 3, pushing late game gets so much more complex, hard to find the motivation in a game that is permanent Mylo till win.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Sure, I'll hug Cyberbob.
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

No sleepykrew stop
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

I also lack confidence, I find myself scum aligned in live so often when I reach late game. I assumed that was why I was still alive towards the end so I didn't push too hard.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

In post 2325, reinoe wrote:
Shut up.

Vi wrote:

Cyberbob has been permanently banned from non-Mafia forums for repeated abuse of other sitegoers.

Check the date on that one.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

In post 2328, Goofyd00d wrote:It was my first time getting to day 3, pushing late game gets so much more complex, hard to find the motivation in a game that is permanent Mylo till win.

You find it more complicated in late game? Weird, I usually find it easier since the player group is that much smaller, I have more troubles in the first day or 2 when there are so many different people interacting with one another. The tricky part in late game is if you're trying to push a case on someone that most other players already believe to be town (especially if your town has a lot of stubborn people and/or people that are too scared to be seen as wishy-washy)
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by singersigner »

<3 bob
In the end we we're turned against each other. :( I really did think you were town until you found it so easy to assume I was scum :? Ah, well, we were both wrong! ^_^

I like tomatoes.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

In post 2331, Goofyd00d wrote:I also lack confidence, I find myself scum aligned in live so often when I reach late game. I assumed that was why I was still alive towards the end so I didn't push too hard.

If I had to guess I would have said that you were alive because you were reasonably quiet relative to a lot of the other players, especially farside
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 2332, Cyberbob wrote:
Shut up.

Vi wrote:

I know the date. After you come out of hibernation you pick right up where you left off. I know because I was trying to find the last time you were town and actually contributed to a win and couldn't find any games, which suggest that you've never actually contributed to a town win: quite the opposite. I was trying to figure out where you get off making this comment considering how nasty and incompetent you've been all game...

In post 853, Cyberbob wrote:Town is going to lose and reinoe is going to blame everyone other than him and continue on his merry way making games unpleasant and artificially difficult. But that's life. He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last.
Unvote
until I get home tonight and have a chance to catch up on the last couple of pages more thoroughly.

I looked through your posting history and your entire history is pretty much you having a forumwide temper tantrum. You're attitude is writing checks it can't cash. Don't talk to anyone about being a detriment to the game when you were on ever town mislynch.

@mod I think this thread should be locked.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

In post 2334, singersigner wrote:<3 bob
In the end we we're turned against each other. :( I really did think you were town until you found it so easy to assume I was scum :? Ah, well, we were both wrong! ^_^

Yeah. I considered trying to make a push against SG on that last day since if she was town she was being ridiculously stupid, but looking at how everyone else was trending I knew that it wouldn't have gone anywhere. I knew that if the scumteam was anything other than precisely you and Dessew we were pretty boned. I don't think a majority on either RC or SG would have been remotely possible since it would have required 100% of the remaining town (a bus was ever going to happen)
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

In post 2336, reinoe wrote:
In post 2332, Cyberbob wrote:
Shut up.

Vi wrote:

I know the date. After you come out of hibernation you pick right up where you left off. I know because I was trying to find the last time you were town and actually contributed to a win and couldn't find any games, which suggest that you've never actually contributed to a town win: quite the opposite. I was trying to figure out where you get off making this comment considering how nasty and incompetent you've been all game...

In post 853, Cyberbob wrote:Town is going to lose and reinoe is going to blame everyone other than him and continue on his merry way making games unpleasant and artificially difficult. But that's life. He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last.
Unvote
until I get home tonight and have a chance to catch up on the last couple of pages more thoroughly.

I looked through your posting history and your entire history is pretty much you having a forumwide temper tantrum. You're attitude is writing checks it can't cash. Don't talk to anyone about being a detriment to the game when you were on ever town mislynch.

Ok
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

In post 2333, Cyberbob wrote:
In post 2328, Goofyd00d wrote:It was my first time getting to day 3, pushing late game gets so much more complex, hard to find the motivation in a game that is permanent Mylo till win.

You find it more complicated in late game? Weird, I usually find it easier since the player group is that much smaller, I have more troubles in the first day or 2 when there are so many different people interacting with one another. The tricky part in late game is if you're trying to push a case on someone that most other players already believe to be town (especially if your town has a lot of stubborn people and/or people that are too scared to be seen as wishy-washy)

It's mostly because of how much digging you have to do to show a real case, not just one day or same day worth.
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

I would appreciate this thread not being locked as I would like to learn from it, and hear from farside.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2337, Cyberbob wrote:

Yeah. I considered trying to make a push against SG on that last day since if she was town she was being ridiculously stupid, but looking at how everyone else was trending I knew that it wouldn't have gone anywhere. I knew that if the scumteam was anything other than precisely you and Dessew we were pretty boned. I don't think a majority on either RC or SG would have been remotely possible since it would have required 100% of the remaining town (a bus was ever going to happen)

To be fair, even at the end I was willing to go back to RCscum. Unfortunately that hinged on DesScum as well. I didn't think SG would defend me to hard as town in the end...in hindsight I'm kind of angry they took so long to end the day. They didn't need to pin us against each other the way they did. :(

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by singersigner »

And by that I mean they just let the day waffle on forever when I was the obvious mislynch. I was literally about to vote myself when I remembered that would be a bad idea. >_> It just felt like they could've easily just latched onto either one of us and we wouldn't have been any the wiser and neither would've goofy or Dessew. That's probably the only thing I'm mad about. It was well played as scum but really poor sportsmanship, IMO. <3

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by singersigner »

(In the fact that it dragged on literally more than a week after it needed to)

I like tomatoes.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Yeah that's reasonable, I guess I just don't mind digging deep on a few people as much as I mind digging shallow on a whole bunch of people. ~*~
different people find different things hard
~*~

In post 2341, singersigner wrote:
In post 2337, Cyberbob wrote:

To be fair, even at the end I was willing to go back to RCscum. Unfortunately that hinged on DesScum as well. I didn't think SG would defend me to hard as town in the end...in hindsight I'm kind of angry they took so long to end the day. They didn't need to pin us against each other the way they did. :(

I think they played it pretty brilliantly to be honest, SG's pressure was extremely stifling and there was never really any counterpressure to relieve some of it. It also didn't help that I was genuinely flat-out with work for a really large chunk of the time, even after work I was often too physically tired to contribute much.

It's really unfortunate that RC managed to find that crucial tidbit about CoolDoG and pops, that one point did almost all the dividing and conquering on its own.

In post 2342, singersigner wrote:And by that I mean they just let the day waffle on forever when I was the obvious mislynch. I was literally about to vote myself when I remembered that would be a bad idea. >_> It just felt like they could've easily just latched onto either one of us and we wouldn't have been any the wiser and neither would've goofy or Dessew. That's probably the only thing I'm mad about. It was well played as scum but really poor sportsmanship, IMO. <3

They possibly could have ended it earlier but I think SG had gone a bit too hard down the "singer is obvtown" road for a sudden change of mind to not be suspicious. Yes the town was fragmented and disillusioned, but fragmented enough to let a swing of that magnitude go unnoticed? I can't blame them for not wanting to take the chance.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

pretend this quote is at the top of that post:

In post 2339, Goofyd00d wrote:
In post 2333, Cyberbob wrote:

It's mostly because of how much digging you have to do to show a real case, not just one day or same day worth.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 2321, Goofyd00d wrote:I would have claimed and traded myself for RC in Mylo 100% of the time, assuming the role was protective.

Agreed - I basically said as much in the QT, and also ruled you out as a BP as well.
...frankly I had become fairly sure you were Vengeful :P

In post 2324, Goofyd00d wrote:SG, one of the things that made me lose direction is that no one would follow me on you, from the day you saved pops I had a 100% scum on you, just not able to muster what it would take to convince everyone.

I kind of knew that would happen, honestly. Here's actually what I said about you in the discussing of kills on the night before the last day phase;

"I agree about Goofy, but on the flip side I don't think his lurking and non-read offering behavior has left him a lot of stroke. So he may turn against us, but unless there's a leader I don't think it will matter."

Basically you were sitting in the background too much, keeping reads close to your chest, not making a lot of waves. We thought you might be a PR, but I pointed out that you were of almost no threat by yourself, and it would require one of the louder town to agree with you for it to be any issue at all. That's one of a few reasons Sleepy died - he was at least shown to be able to lead compared to the other surviving town players. That then left town functionally leaderless except for a lurky RC and the kind of noisy Squirrel. Pretty much a perfect situation for scum (and that by early into the game day we were debating between two town lynches [one started by RC and the other by me] pretty much showed how that ability to push wagons really handed us the win at that stage).

I think you need to be more of a presence throughout the game if you want to be able to lead wagons. As I noted, a fair shake of players suspected me - you just lacked any bank to build a wagon. I do think the possibility for my lynch was there but you were going to have a massive uphill climb to get the stroke to make it happen.

At least that's how I read the situation.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 2342, singersigner wrote:And by that I mean they just let the day waffle on forever when I was the obvious mislynch. I was literally about to vote myself when I remembered that would be a bad idea. >_> It just felt like they could've easily just latched onto either one of us and we wouldn't have been any the wiser and neither would've goofy or Dessew. That's probably the only thing I'm mad about. It was well played as scum but really poor sportsmanship, IMO. <3

Eh. It was safe and solid play.
Sure, it might have been nice if we sped things up - but we would have had to play differently. You might as well argue that town couldn't make up their minds on which scummy player to mislynch to hand scum the win, and that it was bad sportsmanship on your part for making us wait.
Scum's job is to secure a mislynch and look like town doing it - their job is not to make it quick and painless.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2346, Squirrel Girl wrote:That's one of a few reasons Sleepy died - he was at least shown to be able to lead compared to the other surviving town players.

You guys really overestimated me ^_^
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Maybe you underestimate yourself.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”