Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Scripten »

Finished my catch up read. Going to go through and ISO everyone now to see if I can pick out specifics. I'll throw out some initial gut reads now, but these are subject to change after I've gone through the thread more carefully. Apologies in advance for the wall o' text. Will try to cut down on it as the game progresses.

Spoiler: Gut/Current Reads
Malakittens
- Mala's been a wee bit active lurky throughout. I feel like a lot of her posts are not particularly driving the game state. Might also be due to Day 1. Mildly scummy, mostly null read.

Josh B
- Disagree with him about MS. I don't think the content that's been generated by his gambit was particularly good. I will agree that it got the game out of RVS, which might have been its intent. Dislike his push on Huntress. Like his push on Zebulin, though I'm not ready to lay a vote yet. Light town read. (I'd appreciate him NOT ruining this game by being a jerk to me over completely unrelated reasons, though. Thanks.)

Alpha Sapphire
- Lurker. Completely null and ready for a replacement to come in.

Shinobi
- Got into it with BBT over rolefishing for Masons. Had some arguments over theory/gameplay stuff, but nothing hard. I do like that he called out Mala about her posts being active lurking, though he phrased it as prod dodging, so... eh. Mild scum, mostly null.

Peabody
- Seems to be voting BBT over playstyle issues. Not much wrong with that at this point in the game. Looks like he's headed to sheep Josh. May be scum buddying town or just town. I'm leaning mildly town on this one, but this could switch after a reread.

Metal Sonic
- The showman of the game. MS led us out of RVS, but he's been nothing but confusing. I'm certainly not getting a town read on him, but I can't say I'm getting a particularly strong scumread, either. He's alternating being somewhat transparent with trolling other players. I remember that his reads list kind of sucked. Slight to moderate scum.

nyanyanya
- Lurker. Same as Alpha Sapphire.

Huntress
- I am a little hesitant about how quickly she hopped on the Zebulin wagon. That said, her points were spot-on from what I can tell. Leaning slight town.

nopointactingup
- Getting a scummy vibe from NPAU all game. I don't really like he feels all over the place. Also, a little active lurky. Feels like he hops in, makes a short push, and hops out for a bit. Once I ISO him, I can make a better informed read on him. For now, moderate scum lean.

BlueBloodedToffee
- Feeling like a townie playing with a few weak reads as if they're stronger. I've played a couple of games with BBT, but I'm always a little suspicious of him trying to manipulate his meta. I dislike how many arguments he's gotten into, but that's just how he plays. (A dangerous precedent to set, I know. I'm trying to avoid letting that affect my read.) Still, slight town read.

Zebulin
- My reads somewhat line up with his in a few places. I don't like his logic, however, and he can't really support his cases very well. I don't like his playstyle very much, it's true. However, I think it's safe to say that I have a legitimate scum read on him. I'll look things over, but for now, he moderately scummy.

goodmorning
- Her questioning of Zebulin about his phrasing a question at MS felt pedantic. Feels like over-excited townie thinking they caught a slip, though. Reads are pretty alright to me, from what I can gather from her posts. Her case on MS hasn't been super strong, but it's solid for what it is. (This might be me confbiasing because I hate MS's playstyle.) Getting a slight town read here.

Overall: Got too many scum reads atm. I need to sort through them. Feel good about my town reads, though.
hephaestus
hephaestus
Goon
hephaestus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:27 am

Post by hephaestus »

Where is the gm wagon at?
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:34 am

Post by beastcharizard »

uctriton00 replaces Alpha Sapphire!
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:29 am

Post by goodmorning »

eyyyyy uct

long time no shout
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

So yay I'm scummy enough not to get NK'd! :D considering everyone is soft scum reading me one way or another. :P

Can someone explain how I'm actively lurking when my posts are pretty much equal in time stamps since I'm working everyday <.<
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 329, Malakittens wrote:So yay I'm scummy enough not to get NK'd! :D considering everyone is soft scum reading me one way or another. :P

Can someone explain how I'm actively lurking when my posts are pretty much equal in time stamps since I'm working everyday <.<

Way I understand it, active lurking doesn't rely on post count. It's more a general feeling of posting without actually generating content/discussion. Again, I may have missed your contributions. If so, it'll show when I ISO you and look at the way each of your posts affected game state. (Or didn't)
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Zebulin »

In post 322, Huntress wrote:
In post 276, Zebulin wrote:The nae of the others is Alpha Sapphire, goodmorning, and BlueBloodedToffee. ESPECIALLY BlueBloodedToffee. There you go.

Alpha Sapphire said GM had a funny name, I doubt GM made a case against herself, and BBT agreed with MS but said he didn't see anything that's particularly townie or particularly scummy from her so far. So where are these "valid points"?

My bad. I was outlining the people against Metal Sonic by accident. So skilled :cool:

@JoshB: What are your reads on the goodmorning/NPAU argument? (I meant to post this immidiately after post 319.)

@uctriton00: What is your opinion of the state of the game?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I never called Mala out. Get that clear pls. Mala's posts have all been pretty towny/lighthearted in my opinion.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Huntress

can you explain your Zeb vote for me?!

I'm really trying to gather reads on the players I most actively know how to read, then the players who I have played with more and then go down the line with that.
So right now I'm trying to sort Huntress -> gm -> ms ~~ bbt -> uct -> Josh.
the rest of you are pretty new to me expect for peabody, Shin & Heph. I probably have played one game with you so I'm not really 'sure' how you would play besides the game we had recently completed.

I do have to say I'm gathering reads as content goes on even though I'm not engaging much with the current content.

As time goes on my reads will get a lot clearer though, but right now I'm keeping most of them close to my chest.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Booooring~
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Like, even if I have caught goodmorningscum, her partners will defend her so I am at an impasse!

Sure, lets wait till deadline
oopsies! haha!

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 335, Metal Sonic wrote:Like, even if I have caught goodmorningscum, her partners will defend her so I am at an impasse!

Cool. If you know who her partners are, can you just tell us the scumteam and we can win the game? Or are you insinuating that anyone who doesn't sheep you is scum?

I mean, this looks like you're giving up pushing your case(?) because there's peeps who don't agree with you. I don't see the point in that.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 321, goodmorning wrote:
In post 319, Zebulin wrote:
In post 318, Josh_B wrote:Zebulin, What do you think about the interactions between NPAU and GM?

I feel like their argument against each other is the other person's argument is bad, which a bad argument and circular logic. My gut says it's town vs town, but I'm not 100% sure. (Well, no one is except the scum or if they're the 2 masons.)

What? I'm saying he's
not reading my fucking posts

His argument would be fine IF IT WAS BASED ON REALITY.

My, My, This post comes off as very defensive. How do you feel about Zebulin calling you and NPAU both town?

Perhaps, you aren't following my posts. So, I'm sad. Look at this face. :(

Huntress seems to be picking up on what I'm throwing down. I do not understand Zebulin's read on GM at all. At risk of repeating myself and her, the non inclusion of MS and NPAU(the loudest voices against GM) in his opinion are just as significant as his inclusion of an RVS Flaker, a fence sitter, and an I'm not even sure what he means by GM making points against herself.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 336, Scripten wrote:
In post 335, Metal Sonic wrote:Like, even if I have caught goodmorningscum, her partners will defend her so I am at an impasse!

Cool. If you know who her partners are, can you just tell us the scumteam and we can win the game? Or are you insinuating that anyone who doesn't sheep you is scum?

I mean, this looks like you're giving up pushing your case(?) because there's peeps who don't agree with you. I don't see the point in that.

If I know who her partners are, then I must be the mod!

:roll:
oopsies! haha!

Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 331, Zebulin wrote:@JoshB: What are your reads on the goodmorning/NPAU argument? (I meant to post this immidiately after post 319.)

Yea. There are some things that I care for on both sides, and some things that I don't care for. Nothing overly damning to me.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 320, nopointinactingup wrote:Does this in anyway imply that he's more townish?

Yes.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Aw yes

The good news: I'm town
The bad news: I'm on vacation in Chicago still, will be back Monday night

Will wait till the SO is asleep at night to make posts, will be back regularly at work lunchtime on Tuesday
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Sweet postbit.
oopsies! haha!

Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 322, Huntress wrote:GM, BBT and MS. Yes, I know that the actual votes were a bit on and off but there was enough talk about them to give that impression. With GM in particular MS and BBT were claiming there were more votes on her than there ever were. The four rvs votes still on the board are all on different people.

None of it was significant enough for me to consider any of those as "major" wagons at the time.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 325, Scripten wrote:Josh B - Disagree with him about MS. I don't think the content that's been generated by his gambit was particularly good. I will agree that it got the game out of RVS, which might have been its intent. Dislike his push on Huntress. Like his push on Zebulin, though I'm not ready to lay a vote yet. Light town read. (I'd appreciate him NOT ruining this game by being a jerk to me over completely unrelated reasons, though. Thanks.)

:good: Seriously though, thanks for subbing in. I was just trying to give you a hard time. But, let's see where the game goes. I'll try not to be overly critical.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 344, Josh_B wrote:
In post 325, Scripten wrote:Josh B - Disagree with him about MS. I don't think the content that's been generated by his gambit was particularly good. I will agree that it got the game out of RVS, which might have been its intent. Dislike his push on Huntress. Like his push on Zebulin, though I'm not ready to lay a vote yet. Light town read. (I'd appreciate him NOT ruining this game by being a jerk to me over completely unrelated reasons, though. Thanks.)

:good: Seriously though, thanks for subbing in. I was just trying to give you a hard time. But, let's see where the game goes. I'll try not to be overly critical.

Sounds good to me. :) Have had a crummy week so far. Been megasick and had pop quizzes from all but one prof, so I might be a little oversensitive. Glad to get a fresh start.

In post 338, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 336, Scripten wrote:

If I know who her partners are, then I must be the mod!

:roll:

I love how you respond to the most important parts of our posts and not the sarcasm directed at your play. Bolded the part you should be replying to but aren't.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

My vote is still on her. I don't see a problem
oopsies! haha!

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by Scripten »

And you're just going to idle until lynch-time? If not, what was the point of your ()?
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Vote Count

Goodmorning: ucitron00, Metal Sonic, nopointinactingup
Zebulin: Josh_B, Huntress
hephaestus: Scripten, Malakittens
Peabody: Shinobi
Metal Sonic: Zebulin, Goodmorning
BlueBloodedToffee: Peabody
nopointinactingup: BlueBloodedToffee
ucitron00: Hephaestus

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-04 20:45:00)

I dare you to find something wrong with it this time.
Last edited by beastcharizard on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

I don't like your avatar

I don't like how slow sonic is. :P
oopsies! haha!