For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.2
To make friends with the lumpish John Ciardi
Needs a spirit uncouth, rough, and hardy.
When in line for a bit
Of amusement and wit—
Did he get it? Why, no, he was tardy.

-Isaac Asimov

Death Stare (3): massive, davesaz, 50 Shades of Purple
Nero Cain (2): sthar8, MTD
wgeurts (2): MonkeyMan, Nero Cain
GrayFoxxxx (2): Aneninen
50 Shades of Purple (1): Death Stare
sthar8 (1): Heartless
davesaz (1): GrayFoxxxx
Heartless (0):
Aneninen (0):
Stavrogin (0):
MTD (0):
MonkeyMan (0):
massive (0):
No Lynch (1): wgeurts
Not Voting(1): Stavrogin

With 13 Alive it is 7 to Lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2014-10-07 13:00:00) on October 7th, 2014 at 1500 PST (GMT-8).
]
Last edited by Jingle on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is a Parachute.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Im looking for an avatar for those that requested it.
Yeah I did no math but I was trying to get a point across, no I'm not new to online mafia, only this forum.
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 100, Jingle wrote:wgeurts (2): MonkeyMan, Nero Cain

Why is this wagon even a thing?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by Aneninen »

@Mod:
Erm, there is an error in the VoteCount. GrayFox has only 1 vote, mine. He's voting for Davesaz. (By the way, which Asimov novel was that limerick in? Because, it's not familiar to me.)

@DeathStare: Wgeurts' play is indeed a bit strange, especially because he said that he wasn't new to Online Mafia though, I think he simply didn't undertstand the setup.

MonkeyMan is changing his vote all the time. Is he searching for Chris Griffin?
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 61, MonkeyMan wrote:What anime is your avatar from? If it is good I may unvote you. Doubt it though because I wish you didn't talk so much.

Kantai collection. Also if you think this is me talking too much, guess again. I'm actually trying to be real tame this game bc the last game was disheartening.
In post 70, MonkeyMan wrote:I am 99% positive the deadline we see is the one for confirmation.

VOTE: wgeurts

1. We no lynch if we don't have majority.
2. Your vote is just you trying to look town.

Yes this is a serious vote.

Bad.

In post 79, MonkeyMan wrote:
In post 72, wgeurts wrote:
In post 70, MonkeyMan wrote:I am 99% positive the deadline we see is the one for confirmation.

VOTE: wgeurts

1. We no lynch if we don't have majority.
2. Your vote is just you trying to look town.

Yes this is a serious vote.

You too?
Why the bloodlust? The fact youre randomly changing targets is suspicious aswell.

Randomly? Are you serious right now? I just gave a reason so it isn't random. If I wasn't convinced you were scum, I am now.

Classic "ooh I found my REAL reason to keep the vote on you!" schmidt.
Bonus point for this happening after nacho calling him out for making a bad vote.

In post 83, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 75, wgeurts wrote:I'm saying first we should pressure them to see how they react and base our judgement off that.

but we WERE pressuring Death Stare so you're saying pressure someone besides Death Stare?

What did you think of his reaction to getting wagoned?

meh, Death Stare is still prob scum though but sure

vote:wgerts

Even though you do this in basically every game ever, you jumped too early on asking for my reaction to my wagon. You should've waited until more votes piled up.

In post 94, wgeurts wrote:Oh yeah, Death acted fishy but first we need pressure more and see defends him and pressure them, this could provide vital information. We just shouldn't Blitz-Lynch someone yet, first we need to squeeze juice out of them.

Lewd.
I don't remember acting all piscine though.

In post 96, sthar8 wrote:
@mod I thought you were gonna do limericks for vote counts? That flavor is stupid. I want limericks.

wgeurts- i need you to devote all of your mafia-energy to getting a goddamn avatar please.

my nero vote is now serious.

i am slightly perturbed by the low number of rvs votes on me.

Why is that? How many votes did you expect on you and from which players?
Or are you just jealous that I stole your spotlight?
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 103, Aneninen wrote:@DeathStare: Wgeurts' play is indeed a bit strange, especially because he said that he wasn't new to Online Mafia though, I think he simply didn't undertstand the setup.

Simply not understanding the setup is null.
I am actually townreading him.

Also our vote goes here unless Ankamius wants to move it to somewhere else.
VOTE: MonkeyMan[
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 105, Death Stare wrote:

I wrote the same thing. And C9++ is not an easily-comprehend-able-ish setup, after all.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Post by MTD »

In post 106, Aneninen wrote:
In post 105, Death Stare wrote:

I wrote the same thing. And C9++ is not an easily-comprehend-able-ish setup, after all.

But
he said he isn't new to mafia...
I agree however that this is no tell.

I am not sure about him currently, he sure hasn't acted mega-towny, though.

Wanting to NL is normal for people coming from other sites.
Btw
@wguerts: You say we shouldn't lynch someone yet, and attack people for voting because you want to put pressure on people first. Just fyi, the most prominent way of pressuring people happens to be votes. And no, lynches don't happen because of 2 or 3 votes.

in general: It is quite obvious noone currently wants to quick-lynch anyone, so quit whining about it pls.

Aneninen's looks somewhat scummy to me. His posts are nearly all fluff, the only things he has really said about other people is
In post 103, Aneninen wrote:Wgeurts' play is indeed a bit strange, especially because he said that he wasn't new to Online Mafia though, I think he simply didn't undertstand the setup.

Basically saying that there is nothing interesting there and
In post 103, Aneninen wrote:MonkeyMan is changing his vote all the time.

Which is damn obvious.
In general I have the impression he is trying to make a good impression without risking anything. I don't like that.

VOTE: Aneninen

Death Stare is prob town, dunno about the other hydrae.
I don't really like GrayFox so far, but there's little to go on there.

Also I just realized that massive is
old
still the same old MTD
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:48 am

Post by Aneninen »

La wow! I've just got a vote for fluffing!

However, you're saying that I'm pointing out obvious things. But, what else should I post about? Apart from those things, most of the posts are nulls and fluffs.

(sigh) okay, let's talk about something. Why do you dislike Grayfox? Getting town vibes from DeathStare and the "
if deathstare flips mafia you are in for it"
part? ( and ) Or not realizing that the Deadline was bugged?

As for Wguert's No Lynch intent: I don't know much about other sites, you might be right here. I didn't even talked about that, I merely explained him the maths of this setup. Oh, you can add that post to your "pointing out obvious things" list. Wait, no, that was a fluff. ^_^

Do you think that Massive is old? Watch out, I'm nearly as old as him. ^_^
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:00 am

Post by MTD »

In post 108, Aneninen wrote:La wow! I've just got a vote for fluffing!

However, you're saying that I'm pointing out obvious things. But, what else should I post about? Apart from those things, most of the posts are nulls and fluffs.

any point here I am missing?
Look at the other people who have posted. You won't find as little content in their posts. And I don't really believe in "nulls", every post can be indicative. We have 5 pages of information, don't act like there was nothing to post about.

(sigh) okay, let's talk about something. Why do you dislike Grayfox? Getting town vibes from DeathStare and the "
if deathstare flips mafia you are in for it"
part? ( and ) Or not realizing that the Deadline was bugged?

Yes.
Mostly an overall impression, though.

As for Wguert's No Lynch intent: I don't know much about other sites, you might be right here. I didn't even talked about that, I merely explained him the maths of this setup. Oh, you can add that post to your "pointing out obvious things" list. Wait, no, that was a fluff. ^_^

I never claimed you said anything about that, I was only talking about wguerts there.

I am not sure we mean the same thing.
still the same old MTD
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:52 am

Post by wgeurts »

There are other ways of pressuring people than posing a threat, you could make them for instance think your a threat. Just answering them with pressure, posing alot of questions can make people loose their cool and panic, especially if the majority seems (to them) that they are against them. When in panic people.do stuff they don't intend to, a vote is a prod but doesn't make me scared. For these reasons I'm going to remain on no lynch until we have more info than "I don't like you".
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:06 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 109, MTD wrote:any point here I am missing?
Look at the other people who have posted. You won't find as little content in their posts. And I don't really believe in "nulls", every post can be indicative. We have 5 pages of information, don't act like there was nothing to post about.

As if you were the first one on this forum who had voted for me on Early-Day1 because my fluff/content ratio is bad. ^_^

But okay, let's see what we have.

DeathStare was another one who didn't realize that the deadline was bugged. Plenty of posts and very little content – but, in his latest posts he started scumhunting, in my opinion.
I've already posted about Wgertus.
Monkeyman's vote flipping is disturbing, he suggested a quicklynch because of the bugged deadline and he was too hasty, in my opinion, by calling Wgertus scum. All of these things seem to be scummy.
NeroCain also performed vote flipping. This one in :
"scum hunting is really hard these days, you have a ton of players that are intentionally anti-town and then the rest of the players are irrational as fuck so determining if they are bad town or scum is a crap shoot."
is WTF? I don't think it's a sign of scumhunting. Plus, jumping on the Wgeurts wagon. So, he's also amongst my scumreads.
GrayFox: the things I mentioned in my previous posts are disturbing but, he has provided too little content so far. (You said the same before.)
50Shades is (are) null, though I liked .
I'd like to ask Sthar8 about this in : "
my nero vote is now serious.
" – Why? Otherwise, null.
Davesaz, Heartless, Massive and Stragovin are nulls. No content, in the case of the latter one, literally.
And MTD, you give me town vibes, mostly because it was you who pointed out that my posts are fluffy. This is a sign of scumhunting in my eyes.

However, I think it's too early to say who's scum and I don't want to make out too much out of too little things. Though, you might be true if you "don't believe in nulls" – but right now, it's impossible to tell which posts are important. Or at least, I'm too dumb for doing that.

In post 109, MTD wrote:
Aneninen wrote:

I am not sure we mean the same thing.

I meant his age. And I'm 38 anyway.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:30 am

Post by massive »

He meant my Mafiascum age.

Don't hate Death Stare's points so going to tag along.

VOTE: MonkeyMan
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:32 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 110, wgeurts wrote:There are other ways of pressuring people than posing a threat, you could make them for instance think your a threat. Just answering them with pressure, posing alot of questions can make people loose their cool and panic, especially if the majority seems (to them) that they are against them. When in panic people.do stuff they don't intend to, a vote is a prod but doesn't make me scared. For these reasons I'm going to remain on no lynch until we have more info than "I don't like you".

(Sigh) if only it would be that easy. I'm neither the smartest nor the most experienced here but I can tell you something. Sometimes townies lose their nerves pretty easily, sometimes scums. Sometimes a player is very calm even if accused by many – regardless of their alignment. (I've read on the Wiki that in many cases, towns lose their temper and make mistakes more easily than scums and I can say, I've experienced the same phenomenon.) Even the silliest mistake which is interpreted as a blatant scumtell by most of the players can come from a town.

Consider this: lynching is the only sure way to get rid of scums. Unless the town-side is in a "special situation" (eg. a MyLo or a MyLo/LyLo-close Day) No Lynch only helps the scums.
Anyway, your post gave me town vibes even if I strongly disagree with your reasoning.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 96, sthar8 wrote:my nero vote is now serious.

pls share with the class.

In post 104, Death Stare wrote:Even though you do this in basically every game ever, you jumped too early on asking for my reaction to my wagon. You should've waited until more votes piled up.

yeah, please get to dying. You are basically waving me off which I think is far more likely to come from scum then town and the wgwerts was all "STOP VOTING DS" so your "you jumped too early on asking for my reaction" really doesn't make sense in context of the gamestate.

In post 111, Aneninen wrote:NeroCain also performed vote flipping. This one in 56: "scum hunting is really hard these days, you have a ton of players that are intentionally anti-town and then the rest of the players are irrational as fuck so determining if they are bad town or scum is a crap shoot." is WTF? I don't think it's a sign of scumhunting. Plus, jumping on the Wgeurts wagon. So, he's also amongst my scumreads.

56 is pretty obviosly trolling and an attempted witty reply to DS. I don't know if its sad or hilarious that you find that scummy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:37 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 113, Aneninen wrote:
In post 110, wgeurts wrote:There are other ways of pressuring people than posing a threat, you could make them for instance think your a threat. Just answering them with pressure, posing alot of questions can make people loose their cool and panic, especially if the majority seems (to them) that they are against them. When in panic people.do stuff they don't intend to, a vote is a prod but doesn't make me scared. For these reasons I'm going to remain on no lynch until we have more info than "I don't like you".

(Sigh) if only it would be that easy. I'm neither the smartest nor the most experienced here but I can tell you something. Sometimes townies lose their nerves pretty easily, sometimes scums. Sometimes a player is very calm even if accused by many – regardless of their alignment. (I've read on the Wiki that in many cases, towns lose their temper and make mistakes more easily than scums and I can say, I've experienced the same phenomenon.) Even the silliest mistake which is interpreted as a blatant scumtell by most of the players can come from a town.

Consider this: lynching is the only sure way to get rid of scums. Unless the town-side is in a "special situation" (eg. a MyLo or a MyLo/LyLo-close Day) No Lynch only helps the scums.
Anyway, your post gave me town vibes even if I strongly disagree with your reasoning.

Indeed but even a panicking town can give off information, take for instance who defends him, or who doesn't. Later info like this can be used to find connections.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

wgeurts-what site do you hail from?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:59 am

Post by wgeurts »

I've hosted mafia for friends and on a (non-mafia forum but in the role-play section there are quite a few.) called wars world news.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:05 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 114, Nero Cain wrote:
56 is pretty obviosly trolling and an attempted witty reply to DS. I don't know if its sad or hilarious that you find that scummy.

Am I the only one who has missed the joke?

In post 115, wgeurts wrote:
Indeed but even a panicking town can give off information, take for instance who defends him, or who doesn't. Later info like this can be used to find connections.

You're right.
Wgeurts: I can also add, Vote Analysis is a quite powerful thing on later Days.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

http://forums.warsworldnews.com/index.php

^^^
that?

Wich one are you?

MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:11 am

Post by MTD »

wgeurts wrote:

I... I still don't see why you think voting someone would be a nice tool of pressuring people as well? I mean sure, questions are another, but it's not like a single vote on someone is a much more serious threat?
In post 118, Aneninen wrote:
In post 114, Nero Cain wrote:

Am I the only one who has missed the joke?

apparently.
still the same old MTD
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Aneninen »

Also, Wguerts, wiki.mafiascum.net is your friend. Even if some of the articles are outdated, it's a cool site. ^_^

Sorry for off-ing so much, here's a pigeon:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 118, Aneninen wrote:Am I the only one who has missed the joke?

Well apparently but I mean the fact that you think that was MEANT to be scumhunting is just as laughable.

In post 115, wgeurts wrote:

You're right.
Wgeurts: I can also add, Vote Analysis is a quite powerful thing on later Days.

It could be a different site thing but really do not get this "pressure ppl but don't pressure vote them"

MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:13 am

Post by MTD »

In post 120, MTD wrote:I... I still don't see why you think voting someone would be a nice tool of pressuring people as well?

*wouldn't
still the same old MTD
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:15 am

Post by MTD »

In post 112, massive wrote:He meant my Mafiascum age.

exactly.

No idea why you assumed I knew his real age.
Or why you do.
still the same old MTD

Return to “Completed Open Games”