League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #35275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 35272, xRECKONERx wrote:me/agar/grimm are drunk

http://hitbox.tv/reckonerX

drunkAGarMundo is bestAGarMundo
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I got an unofficial quadra with leblanc tonight whee
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by Phillammon »

In post 35245, Voidedmafia wrote:Unrelated: Soraka re-work

I will be sorely missing how Q isn't just a clicker anymore, and how her W active can't target her anymore, but I'd say it's not terrible for bringing her back in some manner. Feels like Karma, though.

I am still angry that her E can't target herself anymore and I am still angry about the Karma rework, I have to say.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #35278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Post by Cabd »

AP? Iece? Y u die on us?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #35279 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Oman »

In post 35274, Brandi wrote:
In post 35182, Cabd wrote:
In post 35181, Brandi wrote:Wow nice idea Zor, you're so awesome and helpful~ :3

I was told to pester you to learn lulu support from a person good at it. So hi.

Man I didnt see this before but ill post about it later

I'll take this advice too.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35280 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:53 am

Post by RayFrost »

NEW SORAKAAAAA

SOOOOOO HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SORAKA IS LOVE SORAKA IS LIFE

I missed my season 1 baby.
don't you feel silly now?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #35281 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:57 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 35280, RayFrost wrote:NEW SORAKAAAAA

SOOOOOO HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SORAKA IS LOVE SORAKA IS LIFE

I missed my season 1 baby.

Can confirm he had fun.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #35282 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Maestro »

VIKTORVIKTORVIKTORVIKTORVIKTORVIKTORVIKTORVIKTORVIKTORVIKTORVIKTOR
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Omg that garen buff
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:45 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 35276, chesskid3 wrote:I got an unofficial quadra with leblanc tonight whee

;_; they grow up so fast
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:47 am

Post by notscience »

In post 35283, chesskid3 wrote:Omg that garen buff
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:12 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 35284, ActionDan wrote:
In post 35276, chesskid3 wrote:I got an unofficial quadra with leblanc tonight whee

;_; they grow up so fast

We were randoming and locking and the only champs I did well on were the ap mids. Heimer Diana and Leblanc maybe there's some kind of sign here. I think I had like 120cs in 30mins with Leblanc tho lol
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 35282, Maestro wrote:VIKTOR...

But seriously, the guy is amazingly fun to play, and in the same vein as Jinx, seems to trade damage for mobility in my favorite way possible. I enjoy playing him more than almost any other champ now. I understand how he works. I'm amazingly grateful to have had PBE access just in time to practice him before he was released. Can't wait to continue playing, even if his numbers get nerfed. He's in an amazingly good place right now.

If you've never tried Viktor before, now is the time.

EDIT: ACTUALLY now that I think about it, they trade damage for mobility in the EXACT same way. Both of their "escape" spells are temporary trap-esque spells, which provide zoning and punish enemies continuing to chase them but offer no inherent mobility on their own. Maybe that's just the thing I dig with; I love playing them so much.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Phillammon »

For players who have played pre-work Viktor, are there any "gotchas" we should be looking out for?
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #35289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:18 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

This just in; Soraka is the first champion who can remove greivous wounds. Tristana counter?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 35277, Phillammon wrote:I am still angry that her E can't target herself anymore and I am still angry about the Karma rework, I have to say.

Honestly, I'm kinda glad her E couldn't target herself with no mana cost (like TF's blue card--it does regen mana yet there's an initial cost to picking a card in the first place).

Can't speak about Karma pre-rework because I really didn't care about her then.

Maestro: That might be it. I'm a bit more enamored with the idea of dropping the field, then the storm, then the ray on top of the entire team. Probably'll never happen, but fantasies, fantasies...

Animorpherv: At the cost of a global heal ult? Maybe in a straight 1v1 trade, but probly not otherwise. Her ult now has a lot more power in low-health, scrappy teamfights along with better clutch saving potential.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #35291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:33 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Soraka will be able to ult people and heal them to full through tristana R. I consider that a counter, if only a soft one.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 35287, Maestro wrote:EDIT: ACTUALLY now that I think about it, they trade damage for mobility in the EXACT same way. Both of their "escape" spells are temporary trap-esque spells, which provide zoning and punish enemies continuing to chase them but offer no inherent mobility on their own. Maybe that's just the thing I dig with; I love playing them so much.

Try out Swain; his escape works the same way, and then you get a free kill. ^^
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

Regarding GW, they did that in response to player feedback that Grievous Wounds made her ultimate feel really bad because a "good" ult that occurs when everyone has low health ends up having very low impact if the enemy simply builds Morello's. A designer said he thought that GW was a bad mechanic and will likely be reworked in the future.

Trist/Varus/MF should maybe find something to be happy about during lane.

They should really take the GW away from Tristana IMO. She has plenty of power without it.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #35294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:13 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Re: new Viktor. Color me interested: How do I play him?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #35295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:21 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

PBE Update:
***Hexakill on Twisted Treeline!

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 35288, Phillammon wrote:For players who have played pre-work Viktor, are there any "gotchas" we should be looking out for?

I played him pre-rework a moderate amount. I'd say the entire Hex Core augment system is unquestionably improved with this update. The augments themselves work much like Kha'zix's (protip: continue to augment Death Ray first lol). I end up balancing a rush of the Hex upgrades with quickly getting LB / DC / Athene's, not necessarily in that order, simply because the AP/lvl and massive Mana spike from the Hex Core upgrades are insanely cohesive with his pure-damage kit. Not to mention that, IMO, as close to 6 as possible, you want the 20% speed boost on R. It
is
worth it.

Spoiler: DETAILS DETAILS
Q
: Now applies the shield right away, not when the poke projectile returns. Poke + shield = AP buffed-AA. Simple as that. Sync's with Lich Bane with nigh-on perfection. You should be using this to trade or whenever something jumps on you to mitigate what damage you can (via the modest shield) and get off the godly AA-proc.
Augment:
extra MS on cast? Meh? Good for poke!

W
: Now applies "stacks" that add up to 3 then stun. In practice, it seems they intended this mechanic to punish people who think they can get caught in the zone, briefly leave to prevent stun, then rush through and avoid stun altogether because they weren't in the field long enough the second time to proc it. Update prevents that beautifully since stacks stay for a period of time around equal to how long the field lasts.
Augment:
pulls all stunned things into the center of the zone. Worth it if you're getting jumped / chased a lot and you're barely escaping. A neat combo you can pull is to drop the augmented W on a minion wave, wait for stun/pull, then drop the augmented Death Ray on the tiny area that all the minions are now in - the augmented Death Ray one-shots waves VERY early, so you barely need to aim if they're stunned and condensed into the area of a single caster minion. Also works well with R, duh.

E
: Still bamf. Still hard for newbs to smartcast.
Augment:
mini-booms after the ray, basically dealing the same amount of damage the ray just dealt to anything still in the original path... read: wave-clear god. I think the actual numbers are somewhat similar to the original mechanic of "things are set on fire by Death Ray, etc." but this is considerably more reliable. Augment first if you are any good with casting it.

R
: Still bamf. Now moves 2000% faster and nukes better. The DoT is considerably lower (at least it feels that way) but the instant nuke is SO WORTH IT. As Voided said, dropping W then R on a full team will melt them - if you follow up with an E, at least half the time I can guarantee instatriple. It moves noticeably faster when moving further away from Viktor, as before. The Augment helps to mitigate this. You always get the R augment when you get the 3rd Hex Core upgrade.

In post 35290, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 35277, Phillammon wrote:I am still angry that her E can't target herself anymore and I am still angry about the Karma rework, I have to say.

Honestly, I'm kinda glad her E couldn't target herself with no mana cost (like TF's blue card--it does regen mana yet there's an initial cost to picking a card in the first place).

I think it's an awesome, healthy (lolpun) change. She can heal herself with Starcall 2.0, people.

Maestro: That might be it. I'm a bit more enamored with the idea of dropping the field, then the storm, then the ray on top of the entire team. Probably'll never happen, but fantasies, fantasies...

:twisted:

In post 35294, theelkspeaks wrote:Re: new Viktor. Color me interested: How do I play him?

I'm not a pro or anything but I can talk about basics if you like. Wanna play a game with me on him?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #35297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Oman »

In post 35293, Iecerint wrote:Regarding GW, they did that in response to player feedback that Grievous Wounds made her ultimate feel really bad because a "good" ult that occurs when everyone has low health ends up having very low impact if the enemy simply builds Morello's. A designer said he thought that GW was a bad mechanic and will likely be reworked in the future.

Trist/Varus/MF should maybe find something to be happy about during lane.

They should really take the GW away from Tristana IMO. She has plenty of power without it.

The problem with GW is that it's incredibly binary for characters who use regeneration as a defining factor. Mundo is an unkillable beast... Unless you have ignite, then he's a pussycat. Soraka's ult will turn team fights... Unless you have morellos or an mf ult on the team, in which case she's hitting q twice then exploding. A more graduated system might be more healthy, but I'm unsure.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 35297, Oman wrote:Unless you have morellos or an mf ult on the team, in which case she's hitting q twice then exploding.

Heh..... Heh..... not anymore :3
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #35299 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 am

Post by zoraster »

Played my final two placement games under The Inebriati principle. Carried pretty hard as Sivir (never even once have used her before, so that was fun, but they were terrible), and then my team got destroyed. Didn't help that my support lulu died 14 times (no, not intentional feed, thx) and placed exactly one ward the entire game. Still, clearly the bottom lane duo were much, much, much better than I was. Anyway, end result was getting placed in Silver II. I'll need to cool it on the alcohol a little, but I'll keep using the same sensibility to see how low I end up going.

Return to “The Arcade”