Newbie 1543: Nightmare Mafia (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1543: Nightmare Mafia (Scum Win)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:23 am

Post by Belisarius »

Newbie 1543 : Nightmare Mafia

How did we get here? More importantly, where is here?

None of us knows.

For days, we've wandered through a nondescript building, with no external doors and windows. Luckily there's food, albeit strange food. Every morning, the pantry would be full. Someone was taking care of us while we slept, but I don't know how they got in and out. Or rather, taking care of
most
of us. There were thirty of us when we got here. Each and every night though, someone would die in their sleep. There would be no marks, no sign of struggle, nothing. The first night, Doctor Warren tried to do an autopsy and found nothing. The second night, it was Doctor Warren that died.

It was the marine who inadvertently solved the puzzle. Nobody liked her, she insisted on being called "Sergeant," and she swore so much we all thought she had Tourette's. But then she got into an altercation with Sam which became progressively more violent, and killed him. As Sam fell to the ground, he changed into a
thing
which looked pretty much exactly what I imagined the Devil would look like.

"We are among you," he gurgled as he died, "We were only going to replace you...but now we will make you ssssssufferrrrr...."

Dramatis Personae

bold
denotes confirmed
strikeout
denotes replaced
% denotes SE
# denotes IC
Originalchris
copper223

wgeurts

WaffleGhost

Breshke
Jagged Appliance
LlamaFluff
Brian Skies %
serrapaladin %
BlueBloodedToffee %

Thor665 #

Spoiler: Alive
copper223
Jagged Appliance
Brian Skies %

Spoiler: Dead
Sgt. Elizabeth Blake,
Vanilla Townie
, smothered to death by cute fuzzy bunnies Night 0.
WaffleGhost,
Vanilla Townie
, beheaded by Queen Victoria Day 1.
Thor665,
Town Tracker
, chased into an oncoming train by Aristotle in the form of a spider Night 1
wgeurts,
Mafia goon
, smile-beamed to death by a cherub Day 2
Serrapaladin,
Vanilla Townie
, bled to death by a corporate lawyer Day 3
BlueBloodedToffee,
Vanilla Townie
, done in by Mama Bear's lovin' Night 3
Originalchris,
Vanilla Townie
, stranded on an exploding planet Day 5

Milestones

Day One start
Jagged Appliance replaces Breshke
Day One lynch

Day Two start
Day Two lynch

Day Three start
Day Three lynch

Day Four start
Day Four lynch
Last edited by Belisarius on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:31 am, edited 18 times in total.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Belisarius »

Game Rules

(
plagiarised
borrowed WITHOUT permission and modified from JasonWazza, who got them from Tierce, who got them from a turtle, who got them from another turtle, who got them from another turtle, &c. &c. ad infinitum)

General Rules

1. All site wide rules apply.
2. Play to your win condition
3. Don't impersonate or pretend to be the moderator.
This is my colour.

4. Do not use hidden, enciphered, or encrypted text.
5. If you can edit or delete posts, don't.
6. Do not quote communications outside the game thread, including role PMs, quicktopics, etc., in the game thread. This specifically includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.

Activity Rules

1. If a player goes 48 real life hours without posting they will be prodded. Prods will be announced in thread.
2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond. If they do not, they will be replaced
3. If you will be V/LA during the game, please notify me by PM or by making an in-thread announcement; prods will not be issued to players who are V/LA
4. 3 prods in one game day == replacement
5. Each game day will have a deadline of
14 real life days
6. In the event a deadline is reached before a lynch then a
No Lynch
will occur.
7. Each night will have a deadline of
3 real life days
(72 hours).
8. If a player has a night action and fails to submit before the deadline, no action will be performed by that player. Scum players may submit night actions for their teammates.
9. Night actions may be submitted in advance if you are going to be away for the night phase.
10. Deadlines may be extended upon request, but there has to be a pretty good reason.

Voting Rules

1. Votes and unvotes must be on a separate line, using vote tags or
bold
(VOTE: Belisarius/
VOTE: Belisarius
). If you do not wish to lynch, you may VOTE: No Lynch/
VOTE: No Lynch
. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote
2. The exception to Rule #1 is if you unvote and then immediately vote on the same line. That's cool.
3. It is not necessary to explicitly unvote (UNVOTE: Player name/
UNVOTE: Player name
) before voting someone else, though it is preferred.
3. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched. Further votes and unvotes during twilight will not be counted.
4. All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.
5. If you are dead, You may make one post with no game related content (a bah post) during the next day or twilight.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:27 am

Post by Belisarius »

Newbie Setup

Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup. For example Row 1 (1 jailkeeper, 1 vanilla townie, 1 mafia goon) would add an additional 5 vanilla townies and 1 mafia goon, for a total setup of 1 jailkeeper, 6 vanilla townies, and 2 mafia goons.

*Roleblocker will take precedence over jailkeeper when resolving night actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional QT, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional QT, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Role PMs going out now, game will commence when 7/9 have confirmed
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Belisarius »

The dream started as soon as Blake fell asleep.  She knew it was a dream, but couldn't wake up.  An ominous chill hung over the air.

The first living thing she saw was a bunny.  It was fluffy and cute and had a pink heart emblazoned on its chest.

"Bess!" it cried, "Play with me forever!"

What the hell?

"Play with me!" came another cry.  And another.  And another.

"This is bullshit," she groused.

The bunnies got closer and closer, and swarmed over her.  She couldn't breathe.  There were too many of them.  No!

Noooooooo!

Sergeant Blake was smothered to death by fluffy bunnies Night 0.  She was a
Vanilla Townie

With 7 confirmed, Day 1 begins now!

Vote Count 1.00Not Voting: Originalchris, copper223, wgeurts, WaffleGhost, Breshke, Brian Skies, serrapaladin, BlueBloodedToffee, Thor665

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-11 23:30:00)

Mod Notes:
None
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Thor665 »

tl:dr - this entire commentary block is all about introducing myself as the IC, blathering about my duties, and offering a basic idea of some of the strategy of the RVS. If this interests you, please read on (especially if this is your first time playing here) if not, feel free to skip.
Spoiler: IC Intro
===========================================================================================

Greetings,

I am Thor665 and I am the Inexperienced Challenged (IC) player of this group. What this means is first and foremost - I am here to play this game with you in a way that will show you what it is like to play on Mafiascum.net. I am here to win and should be treated as such.

My goals and the rules governing my actions are covered in this handy article: Being a good IC
That article is part of our amazing MafiaWiki System. I *highly* recommend this system as a good way to get your feet wet and to find out what a lot of the common abbreviations mean. There is a lot of play strategy discussed in there too. A lot of players consider that advice almost all outdated now. I don't recommend trying to run verbatim with anything there, but a lot of the basic advice is very good to at least be aware of as it can help you avoid blatant pitfalls as you become familiar with the game play here.

Now, as an IC I am here as a resource for you to ask questions of concerning game theory. I WILL NOT lie about game theory answers and will answer them to the best of my ability. I will also offer you the following quick pieces of advice;

1. Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is)
2. This site frowns on lying if you are a vanilla town role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end.
3. It's a game - have fun.

We are now starting what is known as the RVS (random voting stage). We are in a low information period because scum already know who they are, and even have a rough idea of what power roles may or may not be in the game. It is now town's job to root them out. Because the start of the game leaves us with no information to start with generally the way to start is to begin voting and questioning other people to see if you can catch them doing something scummy (scummy actions being acts that a scum player is more likely to do then a town player).

Vote: wgeurts
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Vote: Thor

For that vote without a reason.

Like, how can you pick on the newbies without giving them something to defend against?
Breshke
Breshke
Townie
Breshke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Breshke »

#Vote:Orignalchris

You're first on the list
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by copper223 »

Hey guys, let's have a fun game of mafia!

Introduction:

I'm new to forum mafia, but I know the game pretty well irl.

RVS:

VOTE: wgeurts

If Thor is scum, this may be an early bus or distancing attempt, also I like wagons at the start so join in and let's see what happens!

Super early reads

- Thor: fence scummy cause your post seemed kind of miffed, maybe you rolled mafia with a newer player?
- Brian: fence town, aggro players from the start are slightly more likely to be town for me.
- Breshke: fence town/ null, I also thought about picking original as he is first in the list, seems like something clueless town would do.
- Rest: null obv. I included this so you can see how my reads progressed in this game when you need to!

Cheers
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@Copper

If you think Thor's scummy, why are you sheeping him instead of voting him?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by copper223 »

@Brian I will give you my reason after the RVS phase ends.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I eagerly await your reply.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by copper223 »

^^
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 4, Thor665 wrote:tl:dr - this entire commentary block is all about introducing myself as the IC, blathering about my duties, and offering a basic idea of some of the strategy of the RVS. If this interests you, please read on (especially if this is your first time playing here) if not, feel free to skip.
Spoiler: IC Intro
===========================================================================================

Greetings,

I am Thor665 and I am the Inexperienced Challenged (IC) player of this group. What this means is first and foremost - I am here to play this game with you in a way that will show you what it is like to play on Mafiascum.net. I am here to win and should be treated as such.

My goals and the rules governing my actions are covered in this handy article: Being a good IC
That article is part of our amazing MafiaWiki System. I *highly* recommend this system as a good way to get your feet wet and to find out what a lot of the common abbreviations mean. There is a lot of play strategy discussed in there too. A lot of players consider that advice almost all outdated now. I don't recommend trying to run verbatim with anything there, but a lot of the basic advice is very good to at least be aware of as it can help you avoid blatant pitfalls as you become familiar with the game play here.

Now, as an IC I am here as a resource for you to ask questions of concerning game theory. I WILL NOT lie about game theory answers and will answer them to the best of my ability. I will also offer you the following quick pieces of advice;

1. Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is)
2. This site frowns on lying if you are a vanilla town role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end.
3. It's a game - have fun.

We are now starting what is known as the RVS (random voting stage). We are in a low information period because scum already know who they are, and even have a rough idea of what power roles may or may not be in the game. It is now town's job to root them out. Because the start of the game leaves us with no information to start with generally the way to start is to begin voting and questioning other people to see if you can catch them doing something scummy (scummy actions being acts that a scum player is more likely to do then a town player).

Vote: wgeurts

He has reasons... :)
I definetly didn't hammer someone in my first post some micro game. :roll:
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Though it's wrong for someone like him to base judgement off past games, Thor if I promise not to hammer will you be happy? I'm not happy with Thors vote but it seems tongue in cheek to me and not necciserily a scum-read. I will abstain from voting for now as there simply are not enough reads.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 7, copper223 wrote:Hey guys, let's have a fun game of mafia!

Introduction:

I'm new to forum mafia, but I know the game pretty well irl.

RVS:

VOTE: wgeurts

If Thor is scum, this may be an early bus or distancing attempt, also I like wagons at the start so join in and let's see what happens!

Super early reads
This seems rather scummy but you're new so I let it slide... For now.
Never just randomly bandwagon without atleast 1 reason. Bandwagoning to "get information" can be missused by scum to hide themselves and get a free towny lynch after a hammer.

- Thor: fence scummy cause your post seemed kind of miffed, maybe you rolled mafia with a newer player?
- Brian: fence town, aggro players from the start are slightly more likely to be town for me.
- Breshke: fence town/ null, I also thought about picking original as he is first in the list, seems like something clueless town would do.
- Rest: null obv. I included this so you can see how my reads progressed in this game when you need to!

Cheers
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Oops, accidentley wrote my comment in the quote:
Never just randomly bandwagon without atleast 1 reason. Bandwagoning to "get information" can be missused by scum to hide themselves and get a free towny lynch after a hammer.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

1) Don't talk about ongoing games. Ever. Just pretend they don't exist.
2) While I agree scum can hide behind bandwagons, as long as you hold people accountable for their actions, it'll all be okay. You can find an interesting and informative article written on the RVS stage here.
3) You'd be surprised what kinds of things people do to open up the game with. Grudge voting isn't unheard of and I highly doubt he'd try to force a lynch on you based on it. If he does, .

Why are you so keen to get on Thor's good side? He's just one dude with a beard, a hammer, and an IC tag.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by copper223 »

@wgeurts: my man you are coming off real scummy to me here!

- You use your first post to buddy up to someone, let Thor explain his vote if he feels the need to, you doing it for him feels strange from a town pov.

- You use your second post to muddy up the waters with Thor, while still buddying up, also:

wgeurts wrote: I will abstain from voting for now as there simply are not enough reads.

Randomly voting for someone is a good way to start the game off, as town you should have no worries about randomly voting someone, Breshka picking the first name on the list is what I'd expect, you being careful about your votes feels scummy.

- Regarding your last post, if a town hammers an RVS bandwagon without declaring intent to, he had it coming. Wagons are useful because you can start to use vote logic, match reads with voting patterns, and at the start of the game it is useful as a tool to put someone under preassure and see how he/she reacts.

Updated super early reads

- wgeurts: mildly scummy

- rest: same as before with brian leaning town a bit more
Breshke
Breshke
Townie
Breshke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by Breshke »

In post 5, Brian Skies wrote:

Like, how can you pick on the newbies without giving them something to defend against?

@Brian i can't tell if you are being serious here?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 17, copper223 wrote:@wgeurts: my man you are coming off real scummy to me here!

- You use your first post to buddy up to someone, let Thor explain his vote if he feels the need to, you doing it for him feels strange from a town pov.

I'm not buddying up with thor, what gave you that idea?
I merely explained the reason why thor decides to vote me for people who didn't know about that game. Thor can explain his vote but it's pretty clear to me so why can't I explain it?
How is it strange as well for a town to do so?
He voted me and someone called it random so I explained how it isn't fully random.

- You use your second post to muddy up the waters with Thor, while still buddying up, also:

Yes, because using grudges from past games isn't a good reason to lynch people. I frown upon it and I'm sure others do as well. Also, where do you see me buddying up?

wgeurts wrote: I will abstain from voting for now as there simply are not enough reads.

Randomly voting for someone is a good way to start the game off, as town you should have no worries about randomly voting someone, Breshka picking the first name on the list is what I'd expect, you being careful about your votes feels scummy.

As scum you should also have no worries about voting someone. Therefore this argument is invalid.
This read is a null, not town or scum sided. Being careful about your votes is not scummy either. Just look at how your argument is based:
1. Player A is trying to take care in his votes not wanting to lynch a town.
2. Therefore player A is scum.

That doesn't add up, at all. I don't want to end up lynching a towny or even with so little chance a town power role. If everyone just plays this game randomly lynching how on earth do we achieve anything?
I'm fine with voting someone once they make a slip up giving away suspicious info.

- Regarding your last post, if a town hammers an RVS bandwagon without declaring intent to, he had it coming. Wagons are useful because you can start to use vote logic, match reads with voting patterns, and at the start of the game it is useful as a tool to put someone under preassure and see how he/she reacts.

Indeed pressure is an amazing tool, I fully agree with this post here however I prefer to not randomly lynch for now and observe the results of others doing so. That's just how I play, the second a scum or someone makes a mistake I will pounce and attack until I'm sure they are town or scum.

Updated super early reads

- wgeurts: mildly scummy

- Copper223: mildly scummy

- rest: same as before with brian leaning town a bit more

No problems here.

You seem scummy to me for just trying to make my posts look bad and suspicious when they aren't. This is a very scummy tactic, sowing doubt and suspicion so they can look town.
If you reply with a pleasing defence I will rethink, but take caution, slip and I will find your scumminess.
VOTE: Copper223
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 18, Breshke wrote:

I wasn't. Although I'm feeling a lot more attached to it now.

Thoughts on Copper and Wg?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Reads from posts so far:
Town: Brian
Mild Town: Thor
Mild Scum: Copper223
Null: Everyone else + Breshke (to little content in posts.)
Breshke
Breshke
Townie
Breshke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by Breshke »

In post 20, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 18, Breshke wrote:

I wasn't. Although I'm feeling a lot more attached to it now.

Why are you feeling a lot more attached to it?

Thoughts on Copper and Wg?

Not much really, the main cause of Coppers suspicion seems to be based of a disagreement in the RVS stage and what a towns person should do. I see how voting gives town information so in later days but im also going to guess that after wg accidently hammering on someone he would naturally be more careful with his vote. If i was going to pick a townier of the two it would be copper purely because if he continues to lists his reads as he has been doing i think it will be easy to get a read off him.
Breshke
Breshke
Townie
Breshke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by Breshke »

In post 21, wgeurts wrote:Reads from posts so far:
Town: Brian
Mild Town: Thor
Mild Scum: Copper223
Null: Everyone else + Breshke (to little content in posts.)

I get why im null but shouldn't thor also be null? or do you think his single post where he only votes you is a step in the right direction for town hence the mild town read?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by copper223 »

@wgeurts: here are my reasons regarding the questions you asked!

Spoiler: why I thought you were buddying up
wgeurts wrote:Thor if I promise not to hammer will you be happy?
Why do you care about him being happy with you? Further Brian asked you a question along the same lines so I wasn't the only one to pick up on this.

Spoiler: why is it strange to explain other ppls votes as town
You don't know their alignment so you have really no idea about their motivation for doing what they did, maybe he was really annoyed with you for the other game, maybe he thinks since he saw you hammer without checking if someone is at l-1 that you may be an easy lynch to pull off as mafia, maybe he thinks you are a good person to preassure since he saw a misplay in another game... the fact you are so sure about why he did something doesn't come from a town mindest, where paranoia about the other player's motivations should reign supreme.

Other stuff I picked up on

wgeurts wrote:As scum you should also have no worries about voting someone
this is false, as scum every time you vote someone you increase your chances of getting caught, also as scum you know every players alignment so you tend to be reticent to vote, you can either chose to vote your team mate and risk exposing him, or to vote town knowing that that person is town and you might have to convince us you did that for valid reasons, knowing those reasons will be fabricated. Voting is giving information and scum are always against doing so. Another reason why mafia doesn't like to vote ppl, especially not being the first to do so, is that they may need friends later on to avoid getting lynched, that's also why giving early reads and updating them is good, you get profiled and have much less wiggle room as mafia so you don't want to do that, as town it's fine cause it should lead to everyone else correctly reading your alignment.

Breshke wrote:after wg accidently hammering on someone he would naturally be more careful with his vote

This is true and something I'm also trying to factor in, you pointing this out though is a very weak link between the two of you, in case this becomes relevant later on.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”