Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Wake1 »

If memory serves, Scum-Titus focuses on the minutiae. Keep that in mind. :P
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:38 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 2298, Wake1 wrote:I'm a good Town player, and have been contributing my fair share to the game.

I disagree, and I have been trying to tell you that you have not done that.

You have so far outed a Mason and have been pushing a lynch on obvtown Vengeful townie, while urging her to take a shot on our Mason claim.

That's incredibly anti-town, and you need to stop.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Jagged Appliance
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Jagged Appliance »

What FakeGod said.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2301, FakeGod wrote:
In post 2298, Wake1 wrote:I'm a good Town player, and have been contributing my fair share to the game.

I disagree, and I have been trying to tell you that you have not done that.

You have so far outed a Mason and have been pushing a lynch on obvtown Vengeful townie, while urging her to take a shot on our Mason claim.

That's incredibly anti-town, and you need to stop.

FakeGod, I don't understand why you're willfully not being honest here. No way did I out a Mason. BBT was Scummy as hell, going out of his way to not answer questions or engage, visibly getting angry and frustrated for beings asked stuff, and was giving me a lot of good reasons to keep pressing him for answers. FG, please, stop it. My job as a member of Town is to unravel loose threads and question things that don't make sense. He chose to claim being a Mason, and that was after him saying at the start of the game that he was a Neighbor with TTH. He had a choice in the matter:
don't blame people for asking questions and applying pressure

I don't consider TTH obvTown. She could be lying. I do not accept statements as Gospel truth when no one and nothing is mod-confirmed. I am doubtful of these claims, and should TTH actually flip Town then I would have her take out BBT, because then, in light of the new evidence of her flip, I would have less reason to believe he is Town.

FakeGod, I'm getting ScumVibes from you now. To ask questions and apply pressure in order to extract information is the heart and soul of hunting Scum. I cannot stop that. I will never stop that. This is exactly what you do as Town in order to gain the information needed to reach better positions in this game.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:53 am

Post by FakeGod »

I don't care what you think of me.

If you thought I was attempting to gain towncred from you by telling you that you're being anti-town, you would be mistaken.

I'm being completely honest when I say you're hurting the town.

I believe in what I'm saying, and it's the honest truth.

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Also, TTH: why did you think you were going to be a distraction for FG?

Was that only the motivation for your claim at L-4?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2304, FakeGod wrote:I don't care what you think of me.

If you thought I was attempting to gain towncred from you by telling you that you're being anti-town, you would be mistaken.

I'm being completely honest when I say you're hurting the town.

I believe in what I'm saying, and it's the honest truth.

What a weird response. :?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:58 am

Post by FakeGod »

It's not good when you go around asking questions and applying pressure to
TOWN PRs
, and force them to claim.

Please do that to scum players.

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2307, FakeGod wrote:It's not good when you go around asking questions and applying pressure to
TOWN PRs

But you don't know they're Town PRs. :neutral:
— House*
— Nosferatu*
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:59 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2298, Wake1 wrote:Yeah, I'm not getting policy-lynched.

Perhaps not. But you might be policy-vengeful killed.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:01 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 2303, Wake1 wrote:
FakeGod, I don't understand why you're willfully not being honest here. No way did I out a Mason. BBT was Scummy as hell, going out of his way to not answer questions or engage, visibly getting angry and frustrated for beings asked stuff, and was giving me a lot of good reasons to keep pressing him for answers. FG, please, stop it. My job as a member of Town is to unravel loose threads and question things that don't make sense. He chose to claim being a Mason, and that was after him saying at the start of the game that he was a Neighbor with TTH. He had a choice in the matter:

One. Last. Time.

I answered all of your questions. I even addressed this in my most recent post asking why you were in fact voting me. You voted me because of my play-style, which is an awful reason to vote someone.

You were constantly
asking questions that had already been answered
. I'm going to reiterate that because I believe you may miss it. You were constantly
Multiple times.

On top of this, even when you got the answers, you did not accept them. You just continued to question an answer when there was nothing more to give. You need to work on your questioning and your scum-hunting techniques because I'm telling you this right now, you're not a good townie.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2309, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 2298, Wake1 wrote:Yeah, I'm not getting policy-lynched.

Perhaps not. But you might be policy-vengeful killed.

Go ahead. As Town I have nothing to hide and will continue doing my part to gather information to attain the truth.

You doing that would be Anti-Town.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:04 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 2308, Wake1 wrote:
In post 2307, FakeGod wrote:It's not good when you go around asking questions and applying pressure to
TOWN PRs

But you don't know they're Town PRs. :neutral:

Right.

So when you find out that you have been applying pressure on the wrong target, don't go around telling people how amazing you are.

Instead, you apologize for your bad reads and try again to find scum.

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2310, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: You need to work on your questioning and your scum-hunting techniques because I'm telling you this right now, you're not a good townie.

Nonsense.

I know full well Scum can lie, which is why I continue to poke and prod for answers. It's not just the answers I'm looking for, but the responses. The interactions. If anyone's been not that good of a player it's you, because you routinely fight to not engage or answer my questions. At least five times you did that. Take responsibility for your own bad behavior in this game.

In fact, your reactions don't feel genuine to me, so I can and will continue to ask questions and apply pressure, because I will not let you slide in this game. If you want to get nasty and mean, I wouldn't advise it, because I'll report you for abusive posts just like you did Csareo. Am I understood? The more you react negatively to questioning, the more it tells me you have things to hide. I will enter Hyper-Focus Mode and put some energy into really interrogating you if I deem it necessary.

And FakeGod, if a Town player is being Scummy, I'm not to blame for Scumhunting that Scummy player. That's ridiculous. As Town, strive to not be Scummy. Don't blame your own shortcomings on others when they pick up on your scent.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:11 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2311, Wake1 wrote:Go ahead. As Town I have nothing to hide and will continue doing my part to gather information to attain the truth.

This is empty rhetoric, Wake.

What I think you're really trying to do is be a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian, even going so far as push everyone who's trying to help you away. I'm not sure why, but it's pretty frustrating and very draining on resources that could be better spent elsewhere.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:16 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2313, Wake1 wrote:In fact, your reactions don't feel genuine to me, so I can and will continue to ask questions and apply pressure, because I will not let you slide in this game. If you want to get nasty and mean, I wouldn't advise it, because I'll report you for abusive posts just like you did Csareo. Am I understood? The more you react negatively to questioning, the more it tells me you have things to hide. I will enter Hyper-Focus Mode and put some energy into really interrogating you if I deem it necessary.

OK, now I know
this
logic isn't rational (especially if you're using words like "hyper-focus").

Some things to think about:
Why would BBT fakeclaim Mason if there was really no mason partner to back up his claim? What would be the point?
Are there or are there not players in the game that would make sense as BBT's mason partner?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:18 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 2313, Wake1 wrote:

Nonsense.

I know full well Scum can lie, which is why I continue to poke and prod for answers. It's not just the answers I'm looking for, but the responses. The interactions. If anyone's been not that good of a player it's you, because you routinely fight to not engage or answer my questions. At least five times you did that. Take responsibility for your own bad behavior in this game.

In fact, your reactions don't feel genuine to me, so I can and will continue to ask questions and apply pressure, because I will not let you slide in this game. If you want to get nasty and mean, I wouldn't advise it, because I'll report you for abusive posts just like you did Csareo. Am I understood? The more you react negatively to questioning, the more it tells me you have things to hide. I will enter Hyper-Focus Mode and put some energy into really interrogating you if I deem it necessary.

And FakeGod, if a Town player is being Scummy, I'm not to blame for Scumhunting that Scummy player. That's ridiculous. As Town, strive to not be Scummy. Don't blame your own shortcomings on others when they pick up on your scent.

I didn't report Csareo, I'm sure the mod can confirm this. He wasn't bothering me at all with his insults, jus his play. You'd do well to remember that you insulted me earlier in this game as well, be careful what you wish for.

I just bolded it in the biggest font I could and you still missed it. I hope I never have the displeasure of playing with you again, and I truly mean that.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 2310, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 2303, Wake1 wrote:

One. Last. Time.

I answered all of your questions. I even addressed this in my most recent post asking why you were in fact voting me. You voted me because of my play-style, which is an awful reason to vote someone.

You were constantly
. I'm going to reiterate that because I believe you may miss it. You were constantly
Multiple times.

On top of this, even when you got the answers, you did not accept them. You just continued to question an answer when there was nothing more to give. You need to work on your questioning and your scum-hunting techniques because I'm telling you this right now, you're not a good townie.

You were doing the exact same thing?!?!?!!?!? You literally always accuse people of looking scummy for stuff that you do!!!

This is why BBT got pushed to claim, not because of Wake.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2314, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 2311, Wake1 wrote:Go ahead. As Town I have nothing to hide and will continue doing my part to gather information to attain the truth.

This is empty rhetoric, Wake.

What I think you're really trying to do is be a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian, even going so far as push everyone who's trying to help you away. I'm not sure why, but it's pretty frustrating and very draining on resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

It's not empty rhetoric, and I'll explain to you why. First of all, Mafia's a game of deceit. We don't know who's telling the truth and who isn't the only times we can put utter faith and trust into things in an ongoing game is when things are confirmed by the moderator. So yeah, no, you're not an Inoccent Child last I checked. You didn't die and flip Town, either. So what does that mean? It means that since this is a Close dSetup and we have no template like in Newbie games to be sure what's what in this game, you're not exempt from questioning.

If I were you I'd be doing everything I can to answert questions. You as Town should be providing reads, asking people to keep asking you questions and filling in blank spots in the game, and otherwise doing everything you can before you're lynched in order to activate your ability. But you aren't doing that. How much of an effort have you put in these last 24 hours to share updated reads? Or on who you should Venge? Or on anything else in the state of the game?

You're just sitting there, telling me to look elsewhere, and not doing much. Seriously. And you've even gone so far as to try and threaten me with your supposed Vengeshot and pass it off as some sort of Policy Lynch, as if pissing away these last 92 pages. And I should trust you? I shouldn't inquire of your words and actions, or wonder about what you're not but should be doing? And since when is being curious a bad thing? Nonsense. I get answers by asking questions. It's how I've caught Scum in games past.

Please paerdon me for not accepting all of your words as 100% honest when you're not confirmed. "Hey um, DP, is TTH Town?" ... TTH, he's silent. Titus, is DP silent on TTH's alignment? I don't hear him telling me you're confirmed Town. ...yeah. No. I don't know, so I darn well will question you and hold your feet to the fire until my curiosity is satisfied, and that might never happen. Please stop telling me to look elsewhere. I'm not going to look elsewhere when you try to divert my attention and subvert my train of thought. It's not going to persuade me to take my eyes off of you. You saying I'm contrarian when you darn well may be Scum is the very meaning of hollow, my friend. You want me to stop Scumhunting you. I want answers from you as to why, and I expect you to continue engaging and playing the game instead of Scum-floundering all over the place.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:28 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

*sigh*

So, I'm guessing you have absolutely nothing to say about who I'm saying I'm considering killing (who I've listed numerous times now).
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2315, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 2313, Wake1 wrote:In fact, your reactions don't feel genuine to me, so I can and will continue to ask questions and apply pressure, because I will not let you slide in this game. If you want to get nasty and mean, I wouldn't advise it, because I'll report you for abusive posts just like you did Csareo. Am I understood? The more you react negatively to questioning, the more it tells me you have things to hide. I will enter Hyper-Focus Mode and put some energy into really interrogating you if I deem it necessary.

OK, now I know
this
logic isn't rational (especially if you're using words like "hyper-focus").

Some things to think about:
Why would BBT fakeclaim Mason if there was really no mason partner to back up his claim? What would be the point?
Are there or are there not players in the game that would make sense as BBT's mason partner?

You're unfamiliar with me and my play. I have ADD, which is both a curse and a blessing. A gift, even. We typically have difficulty focusing, but if we ever hyper-focus on certain things, watch out. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 7554,d.aWw

No one would be able to verify BBT's Mason claim, nor would they want to, because as you have seen no one is actively calling for the other supposed Mason to claim. The idea of there being a Mason-Neighbor is rather broken, too. If there are indeed two Masons, and one of them is connected to a Neighbor, I find it hard to believe that everyone there is Town. And then there's the issue of DP remaining utterly silent when asked for clarification on whether or not Scum can make and post quotes from a PT and pass it off as something entirely different.

If BBT's actually a Mason, since you're directly asking I would say Rufflig, since he did say he refused to vote for BBT. If that's incorrect Ruffling please make it known.

In post 2316, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 2313, Wake1 wrote:

Nonsense.

I didn't report Csareo, I'm sure the mod can confirm this. He wasn't bothering me at all with his insults, jus his play. You'd do well to remember that you insulted me earlier in this game as well, be careful what you wish for.

I just bolded it in the biggest font I could and you still missed it. I hope I never have the displeasure of playing with you again, and I truly mean that.

I cannot quote PMs from the mod, but I will say I think you're lying. 'Else you're implying he is.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2319, TellTaleHeart wrote:*sigh*

So, I'm guessing you have absolutely nothing to say about who I'm saying I'm considering killing (who I've listed numerous times now).

So I'm thinking BBT, as I've said a few times now, if you flip Town. If you flip Scum, well, chances are you're not a Vengeful Goon.

If you are Town, you've gotta admit it's not likely there's also two Masons out there, and one of them happens to be your Neighbor. I like adding Neighborhoods in my games. But Masons? I don't think so. I highly, highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt that the NRG would allow that. Can't quote things...
but I highly doubt it in a Normal game
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Titus »

I haven't read yet, but for right now, I'm inclined to want JA vigged if we lynch HHT. I'm less inclinded to do it based off his recent posting. Flipping them both would do significant amounts for me finding where the scum likely are.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2321, Wake1 wrote:
In post 2319, TellTaleHeart wrote:*sigh*

So I'm thinking BBT, as I've said a few times now, if you flip Town. If you flip Scum, well, chances are you're not a Vengeful Goon.

If you are Town, you've gotta admit it's not likely there's also two Masons out there, and one of them happens to be your Neighbor. I like adding Neighborhoods in my games. But Masons? I don't think so. I highly, highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt that the NRG would allow that. Can't quote things...
but I highly doubt it in a Normal game

Masons are explicitly normal. So why not masons and a cop? With a vengeful goon which hasn't been seen with in awhile?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2300, Wake1 wrote:If memory serves, Scum-Titus focuses on the minutiae. Keep that in mind. :P

Why would you say this? I function on the minutiae as both alignments. People just don't understand me when I'm town. This is nothing but doubtcasting me.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”