Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

In post 574, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 571, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 558, Heartless wrote:OK

nacho/mollie you're going to be spending some quality time w/ TTH

I am pretty sure tth is wanting to spend time with nacho and not me. I am so boring and uncharismatic that nacho fell aleep when I was on the phone with him this morning.

true story.

Oh, don't sell yourself short, mollie (do you mind if I shorten your name to that?). Of course I want to hear from you. Antihero has only the best things to say about you.

It's just taking me a little longer than expected since I'm a little busy, but I'll get to it!

-TTH

okay.

that was more of a dig at nacho

*whoosh*

but I can be
not really
patient
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Antihero »

*poke*

mollie.

be nice. :P
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Heartless »

*overwhelmed*

Forget trying to address everything at once...

Nacho or mollie: Let's start with the GrayFoxx read. Could you please articulate that town read for me?

-TTH
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by Heartless »

ya' knowwwwww

i'd actually really
love
to hear about that
death stareread

myself
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 512, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 505, Death Stare wrote:1. He blatantly ignored practically everyone else who expressed that they found this behavior bizarre, but the moment I posted (his other expressed scumread), it caused him to unvote.

Unvote, yes. Did it make him change his position? No. Unvoting a wagon with no wheels is more indicative of a good player than it's indicative of scum.

In post 505, Death Stare wrote:2. He didn't vote anyone else. Voting this slot immediately would've been very very town, but just pushing for another angle would've been pretty town too.

Why would voting you immediately be town?
Why is looking for a different angle not as town as pushing a different angle? It seems to me like most of his eggs were in the "wg = scum" basket so it seems unrealistic for him to pull out another strong scumread out of his ass and not jumping on you isn't scummy unless you two are scumbuddies.

You're not reading.

-Ank
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by Death Stare »

Reading MonkeyMan's ISO literally would answer every single question you asked me in that post. I'm completely lost as to how you can't answer those yourself.

-Ank
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Busy night can't phone post reads until I have time in morning.
MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by MonkeyMan »

In post 580, Death Stare wrote:Reading MonkeyMan's ISO literally would answer every single question you asked me in that post. I'm completely lost as to how you can't answer those yourself.

-Ank

The answers might seem obvious to you but not to others. You should answer them yourselves if you want people to actual listen to what you say.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

In post 576, Antihero wrote:*poke*

mollie.

be nice. :P

I thought I was!

In post 577, Heartless wrote:*overwhelmed*

Forget trying to address everything at once...

Nacho or mollie: Let's start with the GrayFoxx read. Could you please articulate that town read for me?

-TTH

I don't have a town read on grey fox.

when talked earlier we were not talking about mafia.

this might be 1 of those times where we fight. :(

~i love nacho
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 582, MonkeyMan wrote:
In post 580, Death Stare wrote:Reading MonkeyMan's ISO literally would answer every single question you asked me in that post. I'm completely lost as to how you can't answer those yourself.

-Ank

The answers might seem obvious to you but not to others. You should answer them yourselves if you want people to actual listen to what you say.

I would expect him to be able to see what I'm talking about considering he's a lot more experienced than I am and has been focusing on you a lot this game. You've been talking about how we're on your scumlist for a decent chunk of the game (
especially
before that). That directly answers his questions for #2.

The question for #1 isn't even relevant mainly because he missed the above.
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Death Stare »

But honestly, I'm not really interested in talking with Nacho really anymore since at best we're just running in circles around each other.

-Ank
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 585, Death Stare wrote:But honestly, I'm not really interested in talking with Nacho really anymore since at best we're just running in circles around each other.

-Ank

so bus him.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:11 am

Post by massive »

Only 11 pages to read so will catch up this morning.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't know if 561, 563 and 565 make me want to climb in the fetal position and cry or pl the fuck out of wegurts.

posting in the correct game this time!!!

this thread has a lack of Dave posting and Mollie votes.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:11 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I don't have a town read on grey fox.

So is that a null or scum
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:18 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 588, Nero Cain wrote:
this thread has a lack of Dave posting and Mollie votes.

I posted all I needed to along with my vote.

See this post?
In post 523, Nero Cain wrote:^
is scum

vote:50 shades

And your reply. Key part snipped, and then spoilered in its entirety.

In post 525, Nero Cain wrote:
Not entirely sure if its a reading thing or if you are scum going out of his way to misrep me (I'm going with scum!) but claiming that I don't have reasons for suspecting people and that I had little content (both untrue btw) is a blatant lie. Now why would town do that?

Spoiler: Nero's defense
In post 525, Nero Cain wrote:*rev rev rev*
^
chainsaw sounds

In post 131, Nero Cain wrote:I kinda disliked his early trolling and cluttering up the thread

^
explaining why I was early voting DS

In post 114, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 104, Death Stare wrote:Even though you do this in basically every game ever, you jumped too early on asking for my reaction to my wagon. You should've waited until more votes piled up.

yeah, please get to dying. You are basically waving me off which I think is far more likely to come from scum then town and the wgwerts was all "STOP VOTING DS" so your "you jumped too early on asking for my reaction" really doesn't make sense in context of the gamestate.

^
pointing out that I didn't like DS waving me off AND explaining why I dislike Wegurts. And the wegurts thing felt like it should have been pretty obvious so that "YOU HAVE NO REASONING FOR VOTING WEGURTS!!!" seems sorta fake. Fake, like Mollies in-game personality.

Not entirely sure if its a reading thing or if you are scum going out of his way to misrep me (I'm going with scum!) but claiming that I don't have reasons for suspecting people and that I had little content (both untrue btw) is a blatant lie. Now why would town do that?

I think Mollie is very likely scum 'cause townMollie doesn't town read townNero thus means is very likely to be scumMollie.

I still think DS is p scummy. Maybe it was just GIF being worthless town...idk. Maybe Mollie was bussing him earlier dunno yet but like if you are town you should sheep me to victory or like you could just die after 50 shades of scum flips.

I'm responding directly to the 50 shades vote.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:54 am

Post by massive »

Got my morning taken up by another game but will post more this afternoon.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 588, Nero Cain wrote:I don't know if 561, 563 and 565 make me want to climb in the fetal position and cry or pl the fuck out of wegurts.

Those are indeed anti-town but showing only laziness. I've already seen lazy players like that. Though, scum(s?) can do that too but in my opinion it wouldn't be a strong scumplay.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 am

Post by massive »

In post 330, Aneninen wrote:Massive, 309 – Why do you wish to sheep Heartless (Antihero)?

Little joke. Although I have Heartless as town. Not the worst slot to sheep in that case.

334:
Nero
: "I mean, he voted no lynch when there's was no good reason to and then fear mongered that we "might lynch a special"." Fear-mongered is a pretty strong word, wouldn't you say? Maybe just a stretch? See it in action here: 78 OOH TERRIFYING

(and it's STILL null despite you saying "none of it is pro-town")

335:
Aneninen
: "@Massive. Post more, start scumhunting and my reads can change. If you want my reads to be changed at all. " I'm ... What'd I say now? Now I gotta look. Well, none of it isn't true, and you maybe missed me saying in 265 that I wish someone would show me why "lurking" is such a scum tell that players can rely on ONLY THAT to call someone scummy. Would you like to help me understand?

376:
MTD
: How are you against Monkeyman for wanting to lynch wiggerts for the newbie nonsense, but Nero gets a pass for the same thing? You even hide a bunch against Monkeyman behind a spoiler. Was Nero's thought process on the issue really THAT much better? And even so, isn't the fact that the conclusion was wrong matter more than the process?

In post 400, Aneninen wrote:Massive and both heads of 50Shades seem to be active elsewhere. Do you all still think that my "Early-lurking scums" theory is bullshyt?

Yup. Especially since you posted this on a Saturday and I am off-boards all weekend. And so I wasn't here to ask you to please point to all my activity on Saturday. Would you like to do so now?

In post 464, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:The first fallacy town players have to overcome is the "wrong = scum" fallacy. New player making a mistake and new player jumping on it is a pretty typical progression of events.

(regarding wguerts / MonkeyMan) So what's Nero's excuse?

In post 518, davesaz wrote:Regarding the playing like a robot quote, it's a profession tell. I'm a systems engineer / software engineer / inventor.

Hey, don't blame us engineers. I'm an engineer and I'm perfectly linguistic. I almost said languid but that's something different.

Really? We spend time discussing scum / "scums" but only as a vocabulary lesson?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Aneninen »

Wow, a Massive-post!
I've already dropped that "Early-lurking-scum" theory since everyone else told me that it was bullshyt.
Are you scumreading MTD? Do you think that certain players tend to give a free pass to Nero?

Massive wrote:Really? We spend time discussing scum / "scums" but only as a vocabulary lesson?

That's my fault, I must admit. Even if I'm an ESL player I'm obsessed with questions like that. English/German/Dutch.

By the way, I like the catch-up because it seems to be genuine.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:39 am

Post by massive »

Assuming you're a Dutchie, your English is better than mine. Spent multiple years in Germany and the Dutch-English is amazing.

Regarding Nero: I have no idea. If they are, it's because they expect to be able to read his alignment at some point in the game. I have no capacity nor desire to rely on that.

Regarding MTD: The cat only has 20 posts. I have questions but it's not to the point of a scumread yet.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Aneninen »

No, I'm Hungarian :-( But yes, Dutch-English is cute. ^_^

I have no idea about Nero either but my intuition says that the players' attitude towards that slot might reveal something later. Does that make sense?

MTD is town in my opinion.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:39 am

Post by Jingle »

I hear that TellTaleHeart and Antihero grew up in a circus. They were a very popular trapeze act.

I hear that GuyInFreezer is secretly a famous masked wrestler.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.7
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

MonkeyMan (4): massive, sthar8, wgeurts, Aneninen
MTD (2): Death Stare, 50 Shades of Purple
sthar8 (1): GrayFoxxxx
Aneninen (1): MonkeyMan
Nero Cain (1): davesaz
50 Shades of Purple (1): Nero Cain
GrayFoxxxx (1): Heartless
Death Stare (0):
Stavrogin (0):
davesaz (0):
Heartless (0):
wgeurts (0):
massive (0):
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting(2): Stavrogin, MTD

With 13 Alive it is 7 to Lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2014-10-07 13:00:00) on October 7th, 2014 at 1500 PST (GMT-8).

Stavrogin is V/LA until Tuesday, September 30th.
MTD is V/LA until Wednesday, October 1st.

Please do not discuss this game in other places, or other games in this game. It was brought to my attention that this happened accidentally. No action is necessary in this case, and this has already been resolved. Thank you! :cop:
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 590, davesaz wrote:I'm responding directly to the 50 shades vote.

ok but I wasn't.

In post 524, davesaz wrote:I don't see continuing comments on your stances or any attempt to follow up to prove the read or convince others of it.

and I was proving you wrong.

As for Mollie, I DO think she is more likely to scum read me as town. Even the game that Mollie said she town read me in she was acting like I wasn't a town read for part of d1. Also Nacho is lurking and I think that's also likely to happen as scum.

What do you think of Anen saying that your vote on me is maybe a chainsaw of mollie?

If reads/votes without reasons are so scummy, why are you ignoring Heartless who has a scum read on 50 and has yet to provide reasoning?

In post 592, Aneninen wrote:
In post 588, Nero Cain wrote:I don't know if 561, 563 and 565 make me want to climb in the fetal position and cry or pl the fuck out of wegurts.

Those are indeed anti-town but showing only laziness. I've already seen lazy players like that. Though, scum(s?) can do that too but in my opinion it wouldn't be a strong scumplay.

Its only lazy if its town.

In post 593, massive wrote:Nero: "I mean, he voted no lynch when there's was no good reason to and then fear mongered that we "might lynch a special"." Fear-mongered is a pretty strong word, wouldn't you say? Maybe just a stretch? See it in action here: 78 OOH TERRIFYING

Its only a term and its the correct term to use. Saying "no don't lynch DS, he could have a pr!" is using fear to try to not get him lynched. So you are mocking me for what reason?

Are you scum reading me? If yes, why.

In post 594, Aneninen wrote:Do you think that certain players tend to give a free pass to Nero?

Who is giving me a free pass? Do you think I don't deserve a free pass?

Return to “Completed Open Games”