Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:50 am

Post by massive »

1823:
Csareo
: I think this is the point where you have crossed from being a threat to being a caricature of yourself. Demanding masons out one another. This game has been a poster child for horrible decisions.

1849:
Boon
: INTENT TO UNVOTE OH MY GOD HOW HILARIOUS. The only reason you don't unvote here is because you hope you (or Csareo?) can still push through the BBT lynch, or hold on until deadline.

(I assume, since people were talking about deadlines, we get an extension somewhere due to this mess. Although seriously, 80+ page day ones, I'd nip that in the bud.)

1858:
FakeGod
: "Tracker makes sense in a game with Masons." Does it? So many do-nothing townies, seems like a cop would be the more likely investigative choice. In any case, I don't understand this disconnect. Can you explain please?

1878:
FakeGod
: "I think you should've claimed earlier. It would have broken the stalemate wide open, and may have led to something productive before I arrived." Not crazy about this backseat driving. Not disagreeing, but it's basically needling BBT and not really helping the Csareo / BBT spitting contest that's going on.

1881:
FakeGod
: I actually had to go back to see if you'd even mentioned Jagged before, since this seemed out of nowhere. Jagged is GreyICE's slot so I guess I can see where you're going, but man this seems like a weird third wagon to start so close to deadline.

1885-1888 OH FOR FRENCH TOAST'S SAKE

1894:
FakeGod
: "D1 is absolutely the wrong day to try a desperation lynch on a mason claim." It's like the worst comedy of errors right now. It's hard to read after the fact.

1895:
Boon
: "If I die, then BBT could potentially be scum, and we'll be able to prove it through the second mason eventually outing themselves." Uh. So is this horrible wording, or what? You seem here to believe that there is a second mason. You know that if the second mason outs him/herself, that means they're town and BBT is town ... right?

THROUGH 1925

------

Things to keep in mind as I go.

1724: How did FG's sorting of Boon's meta end up?
... as of 1800, seems to be working to keep Boon alive but makes no mention of reviewing the meta
... as of 1925, no further mention of it
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:51 am

Post by Green Crayons »

(shrug)

If that's all you've got -- "but surely there's scum on either the Csareo or BBT wagons!" (which is not something I disagree with) -- then I'm happy with my vote.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 2451, Green Crayons wrote:(shrug)

If that's all you've got -- "but surely there's scum on either the Csareo or BBT wagons!" (which is not something I disagree with) -- then I'm happy with my vote.

So you want me to defend myself further than offering an explanation for the things you asked about that show there are clearly players that have acted scummier?
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@Massive: Please have a beer or 2 before you continue. Might I even suggest a nice bourbon on the rocks....?
V/LA Weekends and Major Holidays.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Bert »

Vote Count 1.24

JaggedAppliance(6)
– FakeGod, The Rufflig, Boonskiies, Flubbernugget, Doogal121, Titus
Anatole Kuragin(4)
– Green Crayons, BlueBloodedToffee, TellTaleHeart, JaggedAppliance
TellTaleHeart(1)
– Wake88
Boonskiies(1)
– massive
Not Voting(1)
– Anatole Kuragin

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch
New deadline is on Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 11:59 PM {(expired on 2014-09-30 23:59:00)}

Please let us know if you ever see any errors. :D[/area]
Last edited by Bert on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2452, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 2451, Green Crayons wrote:(shrug)

So you want me to defend myself further than offering an explanation for the things you asked about that show there are clearly players that have acted scummier?

lol

This doesn't even make sense. I'm not offering you a dichotomy: defend yourself OR point to scummier players.

I made my case against you. You're defense is "but other people!" without specifying what other people, or why. I'm happy to conclude that that response is no defense at all to my case. You basically admit that your play is scummy, but that a group of no less than 11 other players probably contain someone who is scum. And the only indication that their play is scumm
ier
than yours is that they were voting either Csareo or BBT. Riiiiiiight.

If you want to try to persuade me why someone else would be a better D1 lynch than yourself, go for it. My proverbial ears are open.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:07 am

How can I defend myself against a case that is entirely your opinion of my playstyle without claiming? Please tell me.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

You could start by explaining why you took a 180 on GreyICE, and you could address the accusation that I made: that you lied in 1099 when you attempted to justify you lone GreyICE suspicions.
Jagged Appliance
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Jagged Appliance »

@Doogal, I replaced in, refused to push through either of the two static wagons and I'm opportunistic scum?

Surely you can understand why someone would have trouble reading this ridiculous game? I have seen almost no scumhunting or pushing from you either.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

You could also explain what is it about a new day that will give you immense insight that 99 pages don't.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Wake1 »

Scum are desperate to keep the wagons off BBT and TTH. How long this farce goes depends on the Township I suppose.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 am

In post 2457, Green Crayons wrote:You could start by explaining why you took a 180 on GreyICE, and you could address the accusation that I made: that you lied in 1099 when you attempted to justify you lone GreyICE suspicions.

I did find it suspicious, that wasn't a lie. His case was anti-town but I don't think the motivation is inherently scummy. I already explained that it was pretty shitty play on my part and me being a dick trying to keep pushing that. Don't know what else to say.

In post 2459, Green Crayons wrote:You could also explain what is it about a new day that will give you immense insight that 99 pages don't.

flips
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Green Crayons »

The lie was that you told me you couldn't see why town would have acted the way GreyICE did. The falsehood comes into play by the fact that you agreed with TTH's reasoning of why town would have made the push -- so you could, in fact, see why town would have acted the way GreyICE did.

Whose flip would be most informative for your analysis? Why? I believe your current list of suspects is nobody, since you unvoted Boon after he claimed and have recently disavowed your Rufflig and Flubber suspicions.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:17 am

In post 2460, Wake1 wrote:Scum are desperate to keep the wagons off BBT and TTH. How long this farce goes depends on the Township I suppose.

I can see why you might keep pushing TTH, but BBT still? You think the scum faction would seriously implicate all three members in a lie about an overlapping masons/neighborhood grouping?
Jagged Appliance
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 am

Is this where I say LAL?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Wake1 »

I'm taking a break from this game. The obvious manipulation is starting to piss me off. Why can't people step back, see the big picture, and see how and where all of the votes are being manipulated? Nope, we're gonna mislynch. Town majority almost always does that. And then I'm gonna tell you I told you so, and impart some well-deserved condescension towards those who rammed through a bad lynch.

I'll be back Day 2, unless someone explodes.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2463, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 2460, Wake1 wrote:Scum are desperate to keep the wagons off BBT and TTH. How long this farce goes depends on the Township I suppose.

I can see why you might keep pushing TTH, but BBT still? You think the scum faction would seriously implicate all three members in a lie about an overlapping masons/neighborhood grouping?

In my years of experience, I've seen a lot of things happen in these games.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:21 am

In post 2462, Green Crayons wrote:The lie was that you told me you couldn't see why town would have acted the way GreyICE did. The falsehood comes into play by the fact that you agreed with TTH's reasoning of why town would have made the push -- so you could, in fact, see why town would have acted the way GreyICE did.

Whose flip would be most informative for your analysis? Why? I believe your current list of suspects is nobody, since you unvoted Boon after he claimed and have recently disavowed your Rufflig and Flubber suspicions.

I would vote Boon again, otherwise I'll hammer JA if necessary. I don't see a tracker claim being true with what else we've had claimed and some of my own speculation that I don't think it's pro-town to analyze in thread.

I think for a pure info lynch BBT or TTH would be the best, but I believe more firmly than ever that BBT is town so that's a bad idea. I'm not sure what to make of TTH's self-voting and vengeful claim.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 am

In post 2464, Jagged Appliance wrote:Is this where I say LAL?

If you want to be as awful as the person you replaced, sure.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 am

In post 2465, Wake1 wrote:I'm taking a break from this game. The obvious manipulation is starting to piss me off. Why can't people step back, see the big picture, and see how and where all of the votes are being manipulated? Nope, we're gonna mislynch. Town majority almost always does that. And then I'm gonna tell you I told you so, and impart some well-deserved condescension towards those who rammed through a bad lynch.

Can you give me current reads besides that you want to lynch BBT and TTH?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Wake1 »

A BBT or TTH lynch would give us a hell of a lot of information.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:24 am

If we're lynching any claimed PRs, it's boonskies. BBT had no reason to ALSO claim mason if he was scum at the time he did.
Jagged Appliance
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:25 am

In post 2468, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

Just a joke AK, I think this game needs a few more of them.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:25 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2469, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 2465, Wake1 wrote:I'm taking a break from this game. The obvious manipulation is starting to piss me off. Why can't people step back, see the big picture, and see how and where all of the votes are being manipulated? Nope, we're gonna mislynch. Town majority almost always does that. And then I'm gonna tell you I told you so, and impart some well-deserved condescension towards those who rammed through a bad lynch.

Can you give me current reads besides that you want to lynch BBT and TTH?

I can't because I can't reread all 2,400+ posts in this timeframe and spit out accurate reads. ADD doesn't work that that. We struggle to remember things. We work best when we focus on particular things, one at a time. I've reread this thread many times, but I cannot remember every single post and interaction without breaking something upstairs. This game is just a tater tot on my plate, too.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:25 am

In post 2472, Jagged Appliance wrote:
In post 2468, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

Just a joke AK, I think this game needs a few more of them.

sorry, you're right

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”