Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

[Mafia] Mewbie 1539

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Malakittens »

This is the private topic for the scum team of [M]ewbie 1539.

- You may talk during confirmation stage.
- You may only talk at night. I will be locking this upon day start.
- You may submit kills or any actions in this thread. However please do the following for clarity reasons: bold the kill, bold the actions in one post (so it's easier for me to find) and when doing a kill please say 'Player X is killing Player A'.
- You may not talk about this game elsewhere.
- You may not post in this thread after you are replaced or dead.
- Do not say anything you will regret as long because as there's permission from both mafia players this PT will be opened to the game afterwards.
- Do not edit or delete posts if you have permission to do so.
- Most importantly have fun and any questions please ask me.

Scum team is the following:

Edosurist
Tochica thegeckoj
: Mafia Goon
Silverwolf
Nuff
: Mafia Roleblocker
Last edited by Malakittens on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Nuff
Nuff
Goon
Nuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Nuff »

Hey gecko! I suck please carry me!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Malakittens »

Night 1 has begun
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Hi Edos, It certainly looks to me as if Ser Davos has a PR with all his talk of PR's and planning night actions for the PR's in the thread. In particular he mentions a cop quite frequently and it would make sense in this set-up. If that is the case, there is likely a doc as well and if they caught what I did, he will likely be protected. It makes more sense for me to RB him and for us to target one of the non VT claims. So not House or Benice or Ser Davos but one of the others. Llama, Toshi, TheSlimer I think are the only 3.

I am fairly new to the site. This is my second game and my first as scum. I also just replaced in a little over 24 hours ago and haven't had much of a chance to post much or interact with too many players. So your input would be appreciated. There is plenty of time so I will check back later.

Talk to you soon.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Welcome to the scumderworld ;)

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Davos is a PR, and we should RB him.
In post 119, Ser Davos wrote:Do you all really want to start claiming right now? I think gameplay506 has been the only one who has asked for my claim. Since I believe he's scum, I'm not willing to say anything that might help the mafia. Even one person has asked me not to claim.
If more players wants me to claim, I will if only to avoid my mislynch

That's the biggest indicator imo.

I'm posting this quote partially for SD's sake for when he reads the scum PT. It'll teach him what not to do in the future.

Killing Llama, while probably safer for us because of his experience, makes tomorrow uncertain. He's a pretty clear target for tomorrow's discussion.
I think we kill Toshi. VT claims are out, and no offense to slimer, but I don't think his reads are going to be accurate, and if they are, he won't be an influential figure.

Also, don't rule out the possibility that SD is a jailkeeper thinking he can fool people by softclaiming cop.

More coming later.

Sorry I didn't post the last few days. Mod didn't pick up my admittedly hidden V/LA notice in thread, and I forgot to mark my avatar.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

SilverWolf Roleblocks Ser Davos
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I did a quick ISO of Llama, Slimer, Toshi and I agree with ruling out Slimer because he hasn't really said too much and like you said, hasn't had a lot of influence on the game. Llama worries me because of his aggressiveness and experience. Me being new, that might be a tough one if he decides to target me at any point. And it wouldn't surprise me if House also gets looked at closely tomorrow as well as Llama but yes he will be examined for pushing gameplay so hard. I can agree with Toshi since I will leave that up to your experience with these things and that is probably the best choice. And yes, looking at the set-up, it is possible that there is a JK and 1 shot BP instead of cop and doc. So that is something to keep in mind. I will be back probably tomorrow. And no problem being absent, I've barely been here for a day or so, LOL.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Edosurist »

OK, I'm submitting that I kill Toshi.
Wrenzo kills Toshibite

Anything else to discuss?
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Wrenzo kills Toshibite
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Edosurist kills Toshibite
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by Edosurist »

lol. sorry about the multi-posts.
I kept forgetting which username I am. Derp.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

LOL-That looks good to me Edos. I don't think I have any other questions at this time. I've read the game and ISO'd the players that are/will still be alive and I think I'm up to speed. At this point, I'm ready to go if you are.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Few summarizing thoughts on the players, not that this is necessary or provides anything new to the discussion:

Toshibite - Moderately scumread by the town, not a likely lynch for tomorrow, though.
Ser Davos - likely PR
House - possible target for tomorrow. His complicity in the benice and gameplay wagons should be noted. Also his, move from Llama to gameplay once the Llama wagon never formed is something to point out.
Benice - I'm assuming people townread him after his rage against House.
Theslimer3 - This slot is up in the air. Keep him around as long as you can, though.
LlamaFluff - Obviously a big target for a mislynch. Doing so might be considered an easy move by scum.

Personally, I'm going to focus on deciding between House and LlamaFluff tomorrow.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I was thinking the same thing. I was either going to concentrate on llama or House. I don't think Benice or Ser Davos are good options. Theslimer, I agree, should be kept around as long as possible.

I will be interested to see what happens with llama. I think I will see where the rest of town goes on that before deciding how I want to approach it. He's aggressive but I think the fact that he pushes lynches so hard and tunnels people might be a way to deal with him as possible scum.

House is someone I've played the game with on another site. While I've been putting him as town up until this point, and he did claim VT, he can still be discussed as a possible mislynch for numerous reasons if llama becomes difficult. I do believe that Benice will probably defend llama.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I'm going to go ahead and post some newbscum advice that Jingle posted in the dead PT of another game as a reference point for me and to spread to any other newbies reading this when the game is over. I'll briefly edit to remove a couple points that don't apply but full credit to Jingle here:

Also, I just realized I didn't get to post my scum advice, so here it is, c/p'ed from a previous newbie game.

This was the advice given to me in my first game. It is still relevant so I'll just c/p it. Credit to UberNinja and Frog.

First, don't post just to break the silence, either at the beginning of the game, or after a night is over. Wait for others to do that first. The first few posts after a night is over are the most heavily scrutinized. I caught one of the scum in my last game on his first post, because of an errant comment he said. When in doubt, just wait until somebody else posts, and analyze what they said. Basically, try as hard as you can *not* to be the one sticking out of the crowd, especially *right* when people are looking for someone to scumhunt for.

Second, treat me as you would treat any other player. Don't avoid voting for me, don't avoid accusing me of something you think is scummy. This will be trickier than it sounds. Similarly, don't get flustered if I start attacking you; treat it as if anyone else was attacking you and defend your honor.

Third, if someone (me or otherwise) attacks you for something, don't waste your time being defensive. Just politely explain why they're wrong (once, and *clearly*), and move on to what's important: looking for *actual* scum. The reason for this is simple: Scum subconsciously focus on their own guilt, and feel they have to defend themselves; town know they are innocent and don't put much stock in others accusations. This is why overdefensiveness is a pretty reliable scum tell in newbie games.

Fourth: This is a tricky one, and you'll have to feel it for yourself the balance for how closely you want to follow it: Follow other players' leads (including mine), but don't make it obvious that that's what you're doing. Try not to vote for the same person as someone else *because of the same reasons*; find your own reasons if you can. There are exceptions to this rule, such as when there's not much else to nitpick about them, or when the reason is so amazingly bad that you can't *not* vote them for it. For instance, last game I won as scum, there was a guy who quick-hammered *two* townies before they could claim. It was a no-brainer to vote him. And *not* voting for somebody that scummy is also bad. So like I said, you'll have to feel this one out for yourself.

Basically, act like a townie. When it's daytime forget that I'm your scumbuddy, forget that you know more about the game's layout than everybody else, stay under the radar but not too much so that it seems like you're lurking. I may attack you, you may attack me. If something goes awfully wrong and one of us is outed (for example if I'm inspected and I turn up scum) then don't be afraid to lynch me. Don't be too defensive, make sure you look like you're continually trying to find scum. If someone attacks you, don't get too defensive.

From Jingle also: Also, as both alignments, it's probably a good idea to just forget that there are PR's during D1. Getting caught up in PR hunting is a great way to get lynched and if you ARE scum and DO need to hunt for PR's its a better idea to do it at night when you can bounce ideas off of your buddy.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 9, Edosurist wrote:
Edosurist kills Toshibite

Noted and also silver wolf's roleock

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Locking btw~

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Unlocked~

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Wake1 »

We will kill Llama.

We will roleblock Benice.

Llama crumbed, and cleared Jass's slot.

I will sacrifice you if needed.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Edosurist »

I'll let Mala choose how she wants to deal with the content posted in the QT.
I'm fairly certain that Jass is the cop. As you'll see from what SilverWolf and I discussed, SD was softclaiming.
Also, it makes no sense for Llama to investigate SD since he thought that slot was town the whole second have of the previous day.

With that in mind, I say we block Jass.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'll compromise by blocking Jass. Llama must die.

Please show where Jass is crumbing Cop.

Day 2 is when the Cop would have a result. Llama cleverly crumbed that Jass is innocent in this post: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6264690.

Upon further inspection, note this: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p6296204.

My years of experience tell me he's the Cop, crumbing results that will be gleaned upon his death. Better we pluck him out now than later, along with his Innos.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Edosurist »

It wasn't Jass who crumbed cop. It was SD. See our above posts for our thoughts. If you need more, I'll get to that tomorrow.

I thought that Llama's "obviously innocent" remarks on the slot throughout D2 was a continuation of his thoughts during D1 and also his own discover of SD's accidental PRslip.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Btw, I truly think your case on me is complete garbage and I will make that very clear tomorrow.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Llama crumbed being Cop, in a subtle manner.

We'll kill Llama and block SD's slot tonight.

My case on you is not garbage in the eyes of the Town. I intend to bring extreme pressure to you Day 3. This is done because, should one of us die, the other looks favorable to Town. Did anyone think I was bussing you Day 2? If not, then a continuation of it Day 3 is not unreasonable, especially with Slimer's flip. Apologies for manipulating your movements, but I can't allow there to be any visage of a connection between you and I.

Barring a Cop Inno/claim, all we need do Day 3 is mislynch. That's it.

I will hold back... and wait. I suggest you wait a bit, too. If you get in the way and rack up votes I'll bus you to complete my cover.

Engage me at your peril. Wait and see if 1-2 votes go on a Townie. We'll need a code-word to post when we're both online at the same time, when there's a vote on a Townie. You would be wise to be patient.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Yah, I gotcha. I'm just teasing :P
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Return to “Completed Game Topics”