Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 1046, Shinobi wrote:Yeah, I don't blame him.

Why don't you blame him?

In post 1048, Shinobi wrote:I keep coming back expecting the thread to explode but nobody looks like they're playing.

It's really disheartening. We need more people asking each other questions and scumhunting and stuff.

Getting a bad vibe from this. Before that quadruple post you had made only one post since Day started, so calling out others for not posting more seems a bit off. I'll comment on 1049 after Josh has had a chance to reply.

Vote: Dave
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Wisdom replaces Metal Sonic!!!!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Hai, currently reading
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Josh_B »

Shinobi.

do you want to vote metal Sonic? I would ask him about the OMGUS but he's replacing out.

BBT. shinobi pointed out that I didn't like the lynch and made an awkward useless vote. YOu've pointed out that Davesaz didn't like the lynch but went along with it anyways.

It seems like two very opposite ends of the spectrum as far as actions go. How did you view davsaz in dp1?
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1050, Huntress wrote:
In post 1046, Shinobi wrote:Yeah, I don't blame him.

Why don't you blame him?

The game seemed really inactive. I like the fact that it's picking up now, though. Idk how you're drawing any conclusions from this.

In post 1053, Josh_B wrote:Shinobi.

do you want to vote metal Sonic? I would ask him about the OMGUS but he's replacing out.

BBT. shinobi pointed out that I didn't like the lynch and made an awkward useless vote. YOu've pointed out that Davesaz didn't like the lynch but went along with it anyways.

It seems like two very opposite ends of the spectrum as far as actions go. How did you view davsaz in dp1?

I want to lynch both of you.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Both you and Dave, specifically.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by davesaz »

Obviously, I was concerned that NPAU might have been mason. At least one of you figured out what I was trying to say -- don't remember who it was though. So I pulled back and tried to find the association. If I had been able to find one, I would have been convinced, and went on to attack the person attacking the associate. But in all the combinations of interactions with NPAU I couldn't find a plausible attacker and defender.

So the upshot is, if you have reservations about a lynch say nothing? Or stay off, vote a meaningless target, and let it go no-lynch?

I think that from {BBT, Mala, Josh} we'll find our scum. Don't know which 2. Uctritron comes in a distant 4th.

What I don't get is why nobody has bothered to look at who Scripten would be dangerous to. Or if you're looking, nobody is saying anything about it.

VOTE: Josh
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1056, davesaz wrote:Obviously, I was concerned that NPAU might have been mason. At least one of you figured out what I was trying to say -- don't remember who it was though. So I pulled back and tried to find the association. If I had been able to find one, I would have been convinced, and went on to attack the person attacking the associate. But in all the combinations of interactions with NPAU I couldn't find a plausible attacker and defender.

So the upshot is, if you have reservations about a lynch say nothing? Or stay off, vote a meaningless target, and let it go no-lynch?

I think that from {BBT, Mala, Josh} we'll find our scum. Don't know which 2. Uctritron comes in a distant 4th.

What I don't get is why nobody has bothered to look at who Scripten would be dangerous to. Or if you're looking, nobody is saying anything about it.

So you voted NPAU even though you thought he was a mason?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Yeah I'm looking at that post and I want to murder you for it.

Bad.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by davesaz »

Reading comprehension much a problem?

Thought was mason. Unvoted. Determined the evidence did not point that way. Revoted.

So no, I didn't think he was mason in the end. I thought it more likely he was scum than town but did not think the case was very strong. About what you'd expect for d1.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by davesaz »

I think my problem on this site is going to be that I post what I'm thinking. You people don't know how to act when someone is honest.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I didn't know you only had like 300 posts here.

Okay. This changes things up a bit. I'll rethink you.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by davesaz »

On the flip side, I pity my buddy when I finally do catch a scum role. ;)
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Josh_B »

I'm trying to ask questions to get the game going.
Shinobi, you would do well to try something similar rather than complain.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1056, davesaz wrote:What I don't get is why nobody has bothered to look at who Scripten would be dangerous to. Or if you're looking, nobody is saying anything about it.

This reads as nonsense, and counter productive. Why should we be looking at a dead townie, and exactly how dangerous is he?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1063, Josh_B wrote:I'm trying to ask questions to get the game going.
Shinobi, you would do well to try something similar rather than complain.

I'm clearly asking questions right now. I don't know where this is coming from.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1062, davesaz wrote:On the flip side, I pity my buddy when I finally do catch a scum role. ;)

Where else have you played?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1051, beastcharizard wrote:
Wisdom replaces Metal Sonic!!!!

Hooray. Maybe.

Wisdom, I'm scum reading your slot because Metal Sonic said that both GM and NPAU were scum, dispite obvious in game conflicts between the two parties. It doesn't help that he voted, then unvoted GM, yet still wanted to lynch her. And also wasn't on the NPAU lynch even though that was one of his top scum reads.

What do you think about the game so far?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I'm up to page 18. So far my top picks for scum are goodmorning and Peabody. I also didn't like Mala at first but the tone of her posts when pushed by BBT reminded me a lot of how she acts when I wrongly tunnel on her and generally felt genuine, so I changed my mind. I got town vibes off Shinobi early on but then his posting dropped so I don't know about him right now. Zebulin looked more like newbscum to me than newbtown, but the replace out confused me, so I'll see what his replacement will look like. Good questioning from Huntress made me think she should be town, but she has not been involved as much as I'd like. hephaestus and uctriton have yet to post up to this point. Pretty sure you and BBT are town.

Aand on to page 19.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1048, Shinobi wrote:I keep coming back expecting the thread to explode but nobody looks like they're playing.

It's really disheartening. We need more people asking each other questions and scumhunting and stuff.

In post 1049, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1038, Josh_B wrote:
In post 1035, Shinobi wrote:I can't wrap my head around Josh's vote yesterday.

It was completely useless and there was no way MS was getting lynched at that point. And I don't even particularly see the point of what his case was.

After

In post 33, nopointinactingup wrote:
In post 29, goodmorning wrote:Hmmmmmm Sonic might be Scum.

Vote:Goodmorning
Why?

Any assertion of a GoodMorning/NPAU scum team might as well be a scum claim. Or you need to come up with a sure fire explanation of bussing which even with all of the WIFOM at my disposal, I can't do.
People that jump out to me specifically as having pushed that case are MetalSonic and Hepheastus, but I'm open to anyone else that also seemed to be claiming that team.

I tried to lynch Hephestus before we were in last minute crunch time, and no one wanted to follow through with it. I made a case that I thought NPAU probably wasn't scum. The speed of the GM wagon was suspect, the speed of the de escalation was even more suspect.

I'm pretty sure everyone/almost everyone had a chance to log in during the last 24 hours. Obviously, I don't know anymore than any other townie, but NPAU wagon set off alarms and actually seems townish.

Hold up.

Back when that post was made, you never bothered to pull anyone off of the NPAU when he supposedly made a really towny post. You were fixated on shit that didyn't matter (IE how I was joking about being townread every single time I posted.) Why is it that ou didn't try to pull anyone off of the lynch when you thought he was towny?

WHA! misrep much? This statement cannot possibly be true, when everyone else is talking about how I voted for Metal Sonic, didn't jump on the NPAU wagon, and tried to make a case about why he and Hephastus were both scum and no one listened.

Fixated is a poor term here, since that post about you being more townie when you post was off- hand, and I was in the middle of a conversation with Malakittens about her OMGUS.

It's unfortunate, but I can't make up anyone else's mind for them, and I don't have any extra votes, or vote controlling powers, so I think it's ridiculous for you to blame me for that lynch going through. When chances are, it was more likely padded with scum than not.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1064, Josh_B wrote:
In post 1056, davesaz wrote:What I don't get is why nobody has bothered to look at who Scripten would be dangerous to. Or if you're looking, nobody is saying anything about it.

This reads as nonsense, and counter productive. Why should we be looking at a dead townie, and exactly how dangerous is he?

Who would feel threatened by Scripten's continued presence in the game? If there is anyone fitting that description, they would have motive for a NK. I thought this would be crystal clear. I have found scum in the past by paying attention to who they killed and combining that with the posting and votes. The technique might have changed the outcome of the newbie game I subbed into, if I hadn't bought a line about the only thing you can get out of this is WIFOM. Discarding information is a scum tactic.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1070, davesaz wrote:
In post 1064, Josh_B wrote:

Who would feel threatened by Scripten's continued presence in the game? If there is anyone fitting that description, they would have motive for a NK. I thought this would be crystal clear. I have found scum in the past by paying attention to who they killed and combining that with the posting and votes. The technique might have changed the outcome of the newbie game I subbed into, if I hadn't bought a line about the only thing you can get out of this is WIFOM. Discarding information is a scum tactic.

I don't know. Did scripten ever get any votes on him or anything during the last Day?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1069, Josh_B wrote:WHA! misrep much? This statement cannot possibly be true, when everyone else is talking about how I voted for Metal Sonic, didn't jump on the NPAU wagon, and tried to make a case about why he and Hephastus were both scum and no one listened.

Fixated is a poor term here, since that post about you being more townie when you post was off- hand, and I was in the middle of a conversation with Malakittens about her OMGUS.

It's unfortunate, but I can't make up anyone else's mind for them, and I don't have any extra votes, or vote controlling powers, so I think it's ridiculous for you to blame me for that lynch going through. When chances are, it was more likely padded with scum than not.

Of course you can't. You didn't even try. You made one post at the last second because you were commenting on how townie I looked and voted yourself for whatever reason. Why is it that you insist on wasting time while a wagon is building up on your townread?

And it's not even like I blame you for the lynch. I'm accusing you of trying to avoid responsibility of lynching town while being useless in other areas. I refuse to believe that you had a legitimate townread on NPAU and that you basically let him get run up until the last 24 hours, when you're not going to convince shit.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Sorry you're Scum and I have to get you lynched Wisdom

it's ok, we can still be fraaaannnssss

On a more serious note, what would Josh have gained from trying to divert a wagon at deadline? (@Shinobi)
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1073, goodmorning wrote:Sorry you're Scum and I have to get you lynched Wisdom

it's ok, we can still be fraaaannnssss

On a more serious note, what would Josh have gained from trying to divert a wagon at deadline? (@Shinobi)

He doesn't have to be a part of a bad wagon.

Hence nobody can call him out for lynching town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”