Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 1449, Peabody wrote:How is that scummy of Shinobi, huntress?

Because his post gave a false impression of the situation.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by davesaz »

So, BBT asked where the scum were while he was tunneling me. If I step back and assume BBT is town to be asking that question (which is unproven but is a reasonable what-if) then I'm wondering the same thing. I could see one being active and holding back strategically, but you'd expect at least one sheep and possibly two. If BBT is town, Huntress could be a sheep scum -- but I had town read her previous play. With or without her as a possible scum team member, this makes me think we have scum who were either watching what was going on and waiting to see if a couple of town jumped in first, or the scum were completely absent.

I think we need to take a really close look at the people who didn't post during that time, or posted very little.

Of course, BBT could know exactly where the scum were and it was just a rhetorical question. That needs to be sorted as well.

As if we don't have enough stuff to figure out, I haven't completely ruled out the possibility that the obvious WK was exactly that. Wisdom could be scum WKing to get me as a supporter for later. This seems a rather remote possibility but I'm not going to make any rash assumptions about Wisdom being obvious town as a result of it. Plus I don't remember what read I had on that slot from before.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1129, Huntress wrote:
In post 1056, davesaz wrote:What I don't get is why nobody has bothered to look at who Scripten would be dangerous to. Or if you're looking, nobody is saying anything about it.

Have you looked yourself? If so, what did you find? (And if you didn't, why are you expecting others to do it for you?) I think most of us look and at least one person has already got something from it.

My comment did result in replies, and I got useful information from them. In particular Josh_B said it was unproductive to look at this, Wisdom said it's a good idea to look, and you've implied in your followup question that you may have looked into it.

I don't remember seeing anything that would lead from Scripten to a scum team, when I looked myself. If I did see anything specific, it wasn't significant enough to comment on.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Huntress »

If you didn't find anything significant enough to comment on, why the surprise that nobody is saying anything about it?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

At the point I made the comment, I had not looked. It was much later when I really looked into it myself.

In my past experience, people always comment on the NK. But that experience was on other sites with vastly different play styles.

On the gripping hand, I was interested to see what reaction there might be to broaching the topic, since nobody else had. As you can see, there were differences in the responses.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Huntress »

Fair enough. I asked because your comment reminded me of a game where I caught scum who gave himself away by trying to get people to discuss his nightkill, (he had been trying to frame someone but nobody took his bait so he raised it himself), which is what I thought you might be doing there.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 1450, Huntress wrote:
In post 1449, Peabody wrote:How is that scummy of Shinobi, huntress?

Because his post gave a false impression of the situation.

Am I right in assuming you think one of uct and Shinobi is scum?

Daveaz wrote:If I step back and assume BBT is town to be asking that question (which is unproven but is a reasonable what-if) then I'm wondering the same thing. I could see one being active and holding back strategically, but you'd expect at least one sheep and possibly two.

Maybe because they are posturing for a Peabody lynch. Yesterday, I was on a majority of the town's TOWN list. Now I'm the target of an 'eh, I'd lynch him'. You won't be able to make anything of this until after my flip, but it may be helpful to look at the pattern now so this doesn't fall through the cracks. Especially if I'm deemed 'town' again and not lynched.

After BBT continued tunnelling you, I think people saw your answers as reasonable.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Wisdom »

So josh, now peabody posted. Give a read on him please.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

*poses*
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

I'm going to try to be more active so I don't have to catch up on every post. You guys are averaging like 3 pages a day. o.o

No promises, but I cannot let this game do this too me. The vast amount of information flowing is paralyzing me.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

to me*
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Tbh that looks like an over reaction to me

The only thing that happened was wisdom posting one sentence
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 1456, Peabody wrote:Am I right in assuming you think one of uct and Shinobi is scum?

They are both scum reads but it's not a case of one of them being definitely scum. There's still a chance that they're both town. But not both scum I think so if one flipped scum it would clear the other.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Huntress, what are your reads?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Meanwhile, Josh still lurking
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Wisdom, your read on Pea?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I'll tell you after josh gives us his
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by Josh_B »

give me a sec. I'm writing.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Kay...
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:29 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Vote Count

BlueBloodedToffee(1): Josh_B
Josh_B(4): Shinobi, ucitron00, Wisdom, BlueBloodedToffee
Hephaestus(1): davesaz

Not voting(5):Malakittens, Peabody, hephaestus, gooodmorning, Huntress
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-27 20:00:00)

Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by Josh_B »

I had to take a break from this game. It was really getting to me.

Spoiler: Because Wisdom
I read a few Wisdom games because this is the first time that I've ever interacted with him in a one on one situation and I wanted to understand more who I'm talking to. We were in a game together once, but I was dead when he replaced in. Do you remember that Wisdom? Mala was there and Goodmorning was there too. If you hadn't replaced in and did nothing but lurked, I think Satrunine could have won the game. (reference for others) I had a really strong town read on her and defended her till my death, but Wisdom was pretty obvious due to his lack of activity and "apathy".

But speaking of lurkers, I see that pretty much everyone has had a chance to log in and make a game related comment about the game except... hepheastus. That prod dodging dude. We're lucky if we get a post out of him every three days and even more lucky if we get content. For the amount of non-involvment he's had in this game, it concerns me that you Wisdom would give him a town read. From what I've read, you aren't a big fan of lurkers.

From my own perspective, I can understand an idea like, "I have really strong suspicions of X,Y,Z so W is probably town." You have strong suspicions right? GoodMorning, Peabody, and Uctriton? I have them as Town, Probably Town, and Town. But I don't find you're early suspicion of them all that suspicious. You replaced in and got to read all of the pages at once, which is a much different experience than being part of the game from Day1. You know how that works right? In Strange Idea Penguin replace in and nailed the scum team, but you had such a hard scum read on his slot that you dismissed everything that he said. Which leads me to my next point.

Magic. 12 glasses of wine all laid out in front of me, like I'm Indiana Jones and I have to try to figure out which 3 are poisoned based on how they look on the surface. You know how this game works: Lots and Lots of guessing and hoping that the one you choose is the right one. If everyone already knew who was scum and who wasn't, there would never be any mislynches and this game wouldn't exist. Speaking of Guessing...

I really hope that Mala and Goodmorning are right on your alignment, and that I'm right on theirs. They have a lot more experience with you, and I find that it's better to trust players the players that have the most experience together. On my own, I think that you are scum. It's too easy to break apart somebody else's opinions based on the facts that: town opinions are just guessing, every town player has guessed wrong at least once, and second guessing yourself happens often. Or as town, you get so caught up in yourself that reads become "because I said so" like this...
In post 1150, Wisdom wrote:Well I'll make sure you get zero support then. You're not touching my townreads.

Take our conversation about Uctriton for example. It's not that I don't have an opinion on why he is town. Based on the 1v1 with Shinobi, I thought he came out ahead. His push to make Shinobi give his case felt right to me. But the basis of that read is... it feels right, and it's what I think- nothing more, nothing less.

You aren't the only person I have to respond to though, so what's your read on me?
/page break

fake pedit: I swear I keep telling myself that I'm not going to keep making these ridiculous walls, but I keep doing it anyways.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 1437, uctriton00 wrote:
@Mod, can you post links to Game Events on the front page, like "End of Day 1, Start of Day 2", and also include the flip results in the opening page

Done, I kept meaning to do this. Is there anything else You want me to add?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1421, uctriton00 wrote:josh scum (attempting to buddy me for the sake of buddying me; his town reads are completely unfounded and is saying my town read is based on an omgus (even though the omgus took place waaaaaaay after he said i was town) and is trying to use a joke replace in post as actual evidence, which is ******* retarded and deserves a blacklist if he flips town in this game)

Eat a
dick
pie. I don't need to buddy your sorry lurksack, lackidaisical, intermitant playing horribleness. I just need to figure out if your town. I've come to the conclusion that are, how the fuck does that deserve a blacklist?
If you're town, and I guessed right, Why
the fuck
are you on my case about it? Get in the town bloc and help win the game.

[condescension]So, it was a joke post. Meaning that it wasn't true and you're telling me it wasn't true, and your saying that I should be blacklisted for thinking that it was true. [/condescension] [angry shouting] That's "******* retarded" [/angry shouting]

erghh. I hope that we can talk about this calmly because..
this
might be the dumbest thing i've ever read
and
i've
read twilight
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:55 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1444, Malakittens wrote:Shin how the fuck is that a scumclaim

+1
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Dunno about that one, but your response to me was a scumclaim. More on why in a bit because I'm phoneposting right now.

In the meanwhile, give me your opinion on peabody's recent posts like I asked you to.

Return to “Completed Open Games”