xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Please direct all comments and suggestions regarding the Scummies to this thread to keep this one for nominations only.
green shirt thursdays
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:47 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 398, Titus wrote:Nom: SKOT, Best Performance in Town Loss- Game Ikarga Mafia (Large Theme)

New category suggestions will be heard, but won't be implemented until next year.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 398, Titus wrote:
Nom: SKOT, Best Performance in Town Loss- Game Ikarga Mafia (Large Theme)
Since you can't nominate a player for a scummy that doesn't exist, yet, how about going for one that does?

Nominate sharpest-knife-on-tree for Rising Star
, in part because of the aforementioned game, but also SKOT's growing body of work. When SKOT devotes himself to a game, it really, really shows. He's not among the best scumhunters on the site right now, but if he continues improving, he could be. Ikaruga is just the latest. Marvel's Avengers is another great example of him playing well.

He's also no slouch as scum. He can live past what most would think of being his expiration date, like he did in The Wire, and he managed to win X-Men: Age of Apocalpse, endgaming the town, with some solidly decent play. No matter how much others might call him scum, he's surprisingly good at living in spite of that.

And I think that's actually the core of the award: he's clearly got some room to grow, but he
is
growing, noticeably so, and doing great things.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:53 am

Post by T S O »

I would maybe nom - but I think he hates us and left.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Beck »

Reading the rising star description is funny, but it makes me wonder where is the list of upper echelon mafia players?

I'd like to study them
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 402, mastin2 wrote:
Since you can't nominate a player for a scummy that doesn't exist, yet, how about going for one that does?

, in part because of the aforementioned game, but also SKOT's growing body of work. When SKOT devotes himself to a game, it really, really shows. He's not among the best scumhunters on the site right now, but if he continues improving, he could be. Ikaruga is just the latest. Marvel's Avengers is another great example of him playing well.

He's also no slouch as scum. He can live past what most would think of being his expiration date, like he did in The Wire, and he managed to win X-Men: Age of Apocalpse, endgaming the town, with some solidly decent play. No matter how much others might call him scum, he's surprisingly good at living in spite of that.

And I think that's actually the core of the award: he's clearly got some room to grow, but he
is

Do any of you realise that SKOT is an alt of a highly experience player? Does that still make him eligible?
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 405, Metal Sonic wrote:

is

Do any of you realise that SKOT is an alt of a highly experience player? Does that still make him eligible?

I think he's still eligible. Just because he's been around forever doesn't mean he can't be a rising star. Same thing with Squirrelgirl. I would nominate her for rising star too. She plays really well.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Beck »

You know SG is Thor right?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 407, Beck wrote:You know SG is Thor right?

That's impossible. Why would a dude roleplay as a woman?

Selkie
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 408, reinoe wrote:

I'm just gonna let you sit on that one and think for awhile.

Not on the implications, just on how stupid you sound.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 405, Metal Sonic wrote:

is

Is SKOT Klick?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

SKOT is PeaceBringer.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 409, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 408, reinoe wrote:

Not on the implications, just on how stupid you sound.

Not on the implications, just on how hateful you sound.

Selkie
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I'm not hateful, I'm blunt. That was a stupid comment.

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:56 am

Post by Beck »

In post 413, Voidedmafia wrote:That was a stupid comment.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:02 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Enough.

Nominate MafiaSSK/Natirasha with Dark Age of the Law for Game of the Year.

Starting with the concept - double day mechanic, plus a set number of days to win - this game had an interesting take on how to manipulate the lynches (from a scum POV) and how to recognize new tells (from town POV). The setup itself was genius in that it required the players to use their night actions as efficiently as possible (only 2 nights were available for actions). Scum needed to have at least two members (of 4) alive by the time the last allowed lynch occurred in order to win, so navigating the lynches, manipulating claims, and supporting each other were equally as challenging. Additionally, the modding itself was expertly handled. Scum received appropriate fake claims, vote counts were prompt and clear, the setup and mechanics were clearly described, and the flavor was fun, fitting, and cohesive. Whether you were familiar with it or not made no difference - it all came together very well.

On top of all that, the playerlist was amazing. Everyone really worked together (most of the time) and it paid off in a really well-earned town win. (I was scum :mad: but they did really well!)

Of the games I've played/witnessed so far this year, this game continues to stand out as excellent in every category and definitely deserves this nomination.
Last edited by EspeciallyTheLies on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art is cool.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Guyett »

2nd
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:07 am

Post by reinoe »

Voidedmafia wrote:I'm not hateful, I'm blunt. That was a stupid comment.

I'd rather say what I said than what you're saying. You're like one of those antagonists who's always getting in other peoples business without knowing all the context. You know, the neighbors who call the police when they see a strange person going into the neighbor's house only to discover later it was a nephew or co-worker housesitting.

Selkie
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 417, reinoe wrote:I'd rather say what I said than what you're saying. You're like one of those antagonists who's always getting in other peoples business without knowing all the context. You know, the neighbors who call the police when they see a strange person going into the neighbor's house only to discover later it was a nephew or co-worker housesitting.

pffft. You really haven't seen me be hateful if that's what you think. I haven't even really been hateful on this site since a game back in 2011, I think.

Besides, what "context" do I really need, assuming that the analogy was supposed to be relevant to what started this topic? SG is Thor, a guy masquerading as a girl. You said "Why would a guy play as a girl?" as if that's a thought-provoking question. Just think on both what you just asked, and who you're asking it about, and if you really gave it some thought, you'll realize why that was a stupid question.

On-topic,
3rd Dark Age of the Law

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 418, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 417, reinoe wrote:I'd rather say what I said than what you're saying. You're like one of those antagonists who's always getting in other peoples business without knowing all the context. You know, the neighbors who call the police when they see a strange person going into the neighbor's house only to discover later it was a nephew or co-worker housesitting.

pffft. You really haven't seen me be hateful if that's what you think. I haven't even really been hateful on this site since a game back in 2011, I think.

Besides, what "context" do I really need, assuming that the analogy was supposed to be relevant to what started this topic? SG is Thor, a guy masquerading as a girl. You said "Why would a guy play as a girl?" as if that's a thought-provoking question. Just think on both what you just asked, and who you're asking it about, and if you really gave it some thought, you'll realize why that was a stupid question.

On-topic,
3rd Dark Age of the Law

you know, i refrained from posting something that had the same message as your initial post did, because it was off topic to nominations

reinoe, did you know that Thor has become a female? no????? well surprise!!!!! good to know, huh?

OnTopic:
4th Dark Age of the Law (ps: I had perfect reads there by myself how cool)

the only thing that makes me hesitate is how long ago the game was and this subsequent nomination
oopsies! haha!

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I think it was just a reference to the elasticity of personas on the internet.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:01 am

Post by T S O »

I think reinoe's just trolling, fwiw
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:27 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

MS :P for the game of the year, I wanted to wait to play a bunch of games so I could really pick the best one in comparison. Also I was pretty butthurt at the end of it for a little while XD
Art is cool.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by ooba »

In post 415, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Nominate MafiaSSK/Natirasha with Dark Age of the Law for Game of the Year.

I've just read the game. I thought the setup and moderation were great, but have to disagree with the plays
a) Town didn't play really well. Both ICs were outed on D1. A lot of suspicion was not due to scum manipulating thoughts but town shooting themselves in the foot. For example, Duduo's choice to send his "friendly neighbour" thing to one of the IC's on D1. As mentioned by the scum in the scum QT: "Everytime I look at this game I think we're not doing well but somehow we're still mislynching people."
Things were better after the guilty on D2 and town had some smart people bring it home.

b) Scum started out really well. If you take a look at their QT, they were discussing long term strategies. I especially thought Tar deducing that the identity of the second mason was brilliant. But it looked like they just ran out of gas late D1. Posting rates dropped. (Quote: "My "give a fuck" meter for this game is rapidly depleting - something about the tone."). For example - Town's luck changed D2 due to a good gunsmith claim. But I really think scum dropped the ball here by not being active enough or vociferous enough at this stage to manipulate the lynches. Sure, they lost one member to a guilty claim but I have a feeling they could have really done more. Town wasn't that great or organized - just some more effort and they could have had this town by it's throat. [To be fair though, I can see why morale might have dropped after the Katsuki modkill]

I think 'Game of the Year' should have both town and scum playing their A-game - this was far from the case here

Anyway, not an anti-nom or anything but something scummy judges can read.

However, I agree with ETL's first paragraph entirely - the setup was genius.

Nominate Natirasha with Dark Age of the Law for Best Setup.

In addition to what ETL said
- It had an strong emphasis on day-play
- I think the game was well balanced and focused on skill (Town needed a 50% lynch rate but were given tools to help confirm some members; scum had an opportunity to really confuse\WIFOM and take over the town with the informational advantage they had)
- I like how the Gunsmith was 1-shot.
- It's even more clever when you think that the setup was built around the Ace Attorney flavour - like the Day three twist (just like the games where every case is three days)

I see Nat's already been nominated for a body of work - but this setup is so good that it deserves a nom of it's own.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:26 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

remove Nom for Game of the Year

2nd Best Setup
oopsies! haha!