Newbie 1543: Nightmare Mafia (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 1153, Belisarius wrote:
At work with more heavy than usual filtration of websites and there's no way I'm doing death flavour on mobile, so enjoy a nice long twilight

Per advice, locking now and doing flip and flavour when I'm able. Expect this by midnight-1AM GMT
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Belisarius »

A lynch has been reached!

Vote Count 2.FINALJagged Appliance: (1) wgeurts
(LYNCH!)
:right: wgeurts: (4) copper223, Originalchris, Jagged Appliance, BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting: Brian Skies, serrapaladin

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-28 04:20:00)

Mod Notes:
None[/area]

As the dream began, wgeurts found himself face-to-face with a bug-eyed, tentacular mass of slime. In the center of the mass was a gaping maw filled with rows upon rows of pointy, razor-sharp teeth. Around the periphery, numerous eyestalks protruded, each one glaring balefully and dripping a smoking, acidic goo. It looked like an excerpt from H.P. Lovecraft's worst nightmare.

"Well HEL-LO dollie!" he exclaimed. "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"

The horrific creature hissed, spraying spittle in all directions. Where it landed, it immediately began to etch the metal.

Grinning, wgeurts said, "What say you and I ditch this place and head back to my place for drinks?"

The creature inched slowly but inexorably closer to wgeurts. As it approached, it began to shimmer and change. At first, it was hard to tell what was happening to it, but by the end it had completely transformed into a beaming, baby-faced cherub.

"No!" shrieked wgeurts, "GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU AWFUL THING!"

An adorable squeal issued from the cherub's smiley face as it lifted up off the ground, borne on soft, downy wings. It began to peal off joyful giggles.

"STAY BACK! STAY BACK!" wgeurts screamed, turning to run. He ran on and on and on, but every time he looked over his shoulder, the cherub was just a little bit closer. Finally, back to the wall, he turned to face his pursuer.

"You don't have to do this," he panted, "It wasn't meant to end like this!"

A smiley-faced ray of light erupted from the cherub's visage, burning into wgeurts. His lifeless corpse hissed and bubbled as it resumed its natural form and slid to the ground.

wgeurts was burned to death by a cherubic smile-beam D2. He was a
Mafia Goon

Night 2 begins now and ends in (expired on 2014-10-18 16:30:00). Night actions are due ere then.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Belisarius »

Six went to bed, and all awoke with the expectation that only five would awaken, but when everyone gathered together, all six were accounted for--nobody died Night 2!

Vote Count 3.00Not Voting: Originalchris, copper223, Jagged Appliance, Brian Skies, serrapaladin, BlueBloodedToffee

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-01 17:45:00)

Mod Notes:
None
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:38 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Wow.

Serra must have actually tried to kill me.

VOTE: Serra
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:40 am

Spoiler: VCA
In post 291, Belisarius wrote:

Vote Count 1.07
WaffleGhost
: (1) Originalchris
Breshke: (1) serrapaladin
BlueBloodedToffee
: (1)
Thor665

(L-1) :right:
wgeurts
: (4) Breshke,
copper223
BlueBloodedToffee
, Brian Skies

Not Voting:
WaffleGhost
wgeurts

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Now, note that Wgeurts is at L-1. Look where his next vote goes. Trying to start a counter-wagon with his buddy?

In post 315, Belisarius wrote:

Vote Count 1.08
WaffleGhost
: (1) Originalchris
Breshke: (2) serrapaladin,
wgeurts

BlueBloodedToffee
Thor665

wgeurts
: (4) Breshke,
copper223
BlueBloodedToffee
, Brian Skies

Not Voting:
WaffleGhost

In post 365, Belisarius wrote:

Vote Count 1.10Breshke: (1) serrapaladin
serrapaladin: (1)
WaffleGhost

BlueBloodedToffee
Thor665

(L-2)
WaffleGhost
: (3) Originalchris,
copper223
wgeurts

(L-2)
wgeurts
: (3) Breshke,
BlueBloodedToffee
, Brian Skies

Not Voting:

In post 609, Belisarius wrote:

Vote Count 1.17Jagged Appliance: (1) serrapaladin
Thor665
: (4)
copper223
wgeurts
BlueBloodedToffee
, Originalchris
BlueBloodedToffee
Thor665

WaffleGhost
: (1) Brian Skies

Not Voting: Jagged Appliance,
WaffleGhost

Hmm, I wonder who the scum is on the Jagged wagon below...

In post 741, Belisarius wrote:

Vote Count 1.18
WaffleGhost
: (2) Brian Skies, Jagged Appliance
(L-2)
BlueBloodedToffee
: (3)
Thor665
, Originalchris,
wgeurts

(L-1) :right: Jagged Appliance: (4) serrapaladin,
copper223
WaffleGhost
BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting:

One scum on each wagon. Nicely done.

In post 903, Belisarius wrote:

Vote Count 1.20(L-1) :right:
WaffleGhost
: (4) Brian Skies, Jagged Appliance,
BlueBloodedToffee
wgeurts

(L-2) Jagged Appliance: (3) serrapaladin,
WaffleGhost
, Originalchris
BlueBloodedToffee
: (2)
Thor665
copper223

Not Voting:

In post 954, Belisarius wrote:

Vote Count 1.FINALJagged Appliance: (1) serrapaladin
(L-2)
BlueBloodedToffee/color]: (3)
Thor665
copper223
WaffleGhost

(LYNCH!) :right:
WaffleGhost/color]: (5) Brian Skies, Jagged Appliance,
BlueBloodedToffee
wgeurts
, Originalchris

Not Voting:

A lynch has been reached!
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:57 am

Through Wgeurts and Serra's ISOs you will notice a distinct lack of interaction between the two of them.

In post 173, wgeurts wrote:
Then we have serra, who looks town in my eyes, he being accused by copper. Copper honestly I think you've got a wrong lead here.

Soft-defence of his buddy. He is town-reading Serra despite them barely interacting with each other.

In post 247, wgeurts wrote:
Town: Thor, Brian
Mild-Town: Chris
Mild-Scum: Waffle, Copper, Breshke
Scum: BBT

Oh no, wait. In this reads-list, he
completely forgets that Serra even exists.
This is because he is ignoring Serra as he doesn't need to try and get him lynched. Scum-slip 101.

In post 343, wgeurts wrote:Reads so far after analysis.
Town: Chris, Serra, Copper, Wgeurts
Mild Town: Brian
Possible Scum: Thor, WaffleGhost
Likely Scum: BBT, Breshke

Oh, Serra is back to being super-town again.

In post 1091, wgeurts wrote:
Town

Brian
Copper
OC
Serra
BBT
Jagged
Scum

Now that Wgeurts is under pressure, his buddy suddenly slips into the 'comfy' zone. Not too high on his town-list that a connection can be made, but not too low that he would have to start pressing a case on him for being scum.

Wgeurts went after myself and Jagged. Hard. I think it should be obvious that we're both town.

Wgeurts was also super happy to lynch OC when I first used the reaction test. He wanted Copper to come along for the ride though.

Copper is confirmed town.

That leaves Brian and Serra. Wgeurts pushed Brian a few times, but he never, ever went after Serra. He barely spoke to/about him at all.

Lynch Serra today.

If we're somehow wrong, lynch Brian tomorrow.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:12 am

Post by copper223 »

@BBT /All
I duped mafia into thinking that I was the doc yesterday, while I'm BP, so mafia went for the PR.

If we misslynch today you should absolutely no lynch tomorrow and roll the dice at final 3.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:26 am

Post by serrapaladin »

still not scum.

Jagged or Brian?
Wandering but not lost
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:05 pm

You going to refute my points or just claim you're not scum?
Originalchris
Originalchris
Goon
Originalchris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Originalchris »

VOTE: serra

Pretty sure I stated this forever. I also was one of the few in this entire game who kept saying "WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING SERRA" and "WHY IS SERRA BEING SO USELESS EVERYDAY?" "WHY IS SERRA NOT SCUM HUNTING" etc

I'm not scum, Copper is confirmed, BBT is confirmed in my eyes due to everything from Day 2. This leaves Brian/Serra/Jagged. BBT is right about wgeurts ignoring Serra. Everyone somehow ignored Serra, because Serra hasn't done anything this entire game but say "let's lynch Jagged." In my eyes, that makes Jagged town. Brian is the last one left.

Also, Serra seemed to be giving up at the end of Day 2, as if he knew the end was inevitable anyways. He's pretty much giving up so far today too.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1184, Originalchris wrote:Serra hasn't done anything this entire game but say "let's lynch Jagged."
In my eyes, that makes Jagged town
. Brian is the last one left.

This makes little sense.

In post 1183, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You going to refute my points or just claim you're not scum?

You made points?

That I targeted you is patently not true. Indeed I absolutely wouldn't have targeted copper. He's the only one that has actively said I'm town, and I wouldn't target someone that might be BP.

Your VCA and ISO of wg are just confbias. wg's reads were fairly inconsistent on a lot of people. My lack of interaction with him is because I had written him off as a VI. Why would wg vote Breshke with me to start a counter wagon rather than vote BBT or Thor? Why does there need to be scum on the jagged wagon if no one can give a reason for jagged-town except my tunnel on him? And you realise that you point at one case where we vote together, one case where we were split on the major wagons, and declare that both make me scum with wg?

In post 1184, Originalchris wrote:BBT is right about wgeurts ignoring Serra. Everyone somehow ignored Serra,

Surely if everyone ignores me, wg doing so doesn't imply a connection between us.
Wandering but not lost
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1184, Originalchris wrote:I also was one of the few in this entire game who kept saying "WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING SERRA" and "WHY IS SERRA BEING SO USELESS EVERYDAY?" "WHY IS SERRA NOT SCUM HUNTING" etc

So? I disagree with you that Serra was being useless/not scumhunting. Maybe not being useful to whatever your standards are, but I don't see anything that's particularly scummy about what he's been doing. If you think he's been scummy, why?

In post 1184, Originalchris wrote:Everyone somehow ignored Serra, because Serra hasn't done anything this entire game but say "let's lynch Jagged." In my eyes, that makes Jagged town.

Do you have an issue with anything in particular about Serra's scumread on the Breshke/Jagged slot? Do you have any particular reason to think the Breshke/Jagged slot is town aside from Serra scumreading him? If the answer to both of these questions is no, then what is this?

In post 1182, serrapaladin wrote:Jagged or Brian?

For those of you that have me lined up for a lynch in the event you're wrong about whoever, why? I don't even see a case, I just see "it could be Brian."

I was going to complain about you guys not letting Jagged respond to me before ending the day, but with Wgeurts' claiming and Copper CC'ing, I don't think it would have mattered much. I'm also not interested in losing a game to newb-lurkscum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Brian, it looks like you didn't read my VCA or case on Serra.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:04 pm

In post 1186, Brian Skies wrote:
Do you have an issue with anything in particular about Serra's scumread on the Breshke/Jagged slot? Do you have any particular reason to think the Breshke/Jagged slot is town aside from Serra scumreading him?

Jagged come out from lurking to state intent to hammer on Wgeurts.

Seriously, you still think it's Jagged? Why would he come out from lurking and state intent to hammer on his buddy when he could just continue to lurk and hope it goes away?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:10 pm

In post 1029, serrapaladin wrote:I agree that some of wg's recent posts have been terrible, but I don't see how they tilt the scale from VI to newbscum. I don't agree with BBT's interpretations in .

BBT has been all over the place today, but I'm actually leaning town on him. I want to say it's Jagged/Brian, which would be also supported by the flow of votes yesterday and brian's continuous soft-bussing of that slot without ever voting there.

This insistent town-read on Wgeurts despite his seriously scummy play at start of D2 is what makes it clear you're his partner.

In post 986, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 978, wgeurts wrote:@Copper, I believe we could confirm BBT's role 99% if we kill OC. However I'm not willing to just wagon OC, will you also analyse OC with me?
We need to be fully sure of ourselves.

oh dear

Then there is this.

If this post was so bad, why did you do absolutely nothing to follow it up? No questioning, no pointing out specifically what was bad about it; you just acknowledged it and tried to move on.

@Brian
, if it makes you feel better we can lynch Jagged tomorrow then you the day after if you like. It really doesn't matter because Serra is scum.

Read what I wrote on Wgeurts and who he tried to lynch and you'll see why.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1188, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Seriously, you still think it's Jagged? Why would he come out from lurking and state intent to hammer on his buddy when he could just continue to lurk and hope it goes away?

Scum like to bus and a guy like him needs the towncred? Maybe I'm giving him more credit than he deserves and he couldn't have actually been bussing his buddy? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After looking back, I can see what you mean about his targeting. Wgeurt's progression onto Jagged was the main reason I wanted to lynch him on Day 1 (posts 117-122). So you probably do have a point.

In post 1187, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Brian, it looks like you didn't read my VCA or case on Serra.

I skimmed it. There are some things that lead me to believe it's probably just Serra, but I'd still at least like to hear from Jagged.

In post 1189, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:@Brian, if it makes you feel better we can lynch Jagged tomorrow then you the day after if you like. It really doesn't matter because Serra is scum.

We're probably only getting two more lynches in. :roll:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Vote Serra?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Vote: Serra

We better be right dude. I'm sick of getting mislynched in my games because people can't read me.

That's L-1.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Sweet, Copper can hammer and we win.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:15 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Lame
Wandering but not lost
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:16 am

Good defence.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:16 am

Self-hammer?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:25 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Obviously facts don't matter to you, so a factual defence here seems a waste of breath. I hope that copper sticks to his guns.
Wandering but not lost
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:27 am

Ah, I see.

All your hopes are on Copper.

Who do you think is scum Serra?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:30 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1189, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:If this post was so bad, why did you do absolutely nothing to follow it up? No questioning, no pointing out specifically what was bad about it; you just acknowledged it and tried to move on.

It's what I do. Posts that are really bad, but I don't see as alignment indicative get a throwaway remark (like @thor, @copper, @waffle, etc). Also, check out Mini 1606 which just finished. I think you'll find that most things you see as connections between me and wg also apply to me and the resident VI magikarp in that game.
Wandering but not lost

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”