Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1839, Wisdom wrote:Beast didn't, you are prolly lying tho

naw, thats against my wincon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:42 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1765, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1763, Wisdom wrote:Yeah, I'm not you, but it still does not make sense from a town perspective. You dropped the scumread too easily, and notably you did it when someone mentioned that the 1v1 might be town vs town. And since then you haven't cared about rereading uctriton despite him not being what you'd call the towniest player in the game.

It makes total sense that you did that to appease uctriton. "Come on dude, let's stop fighting, I think you're town now, so please think I'm town too"

And yeah, I'm not attacking you for supporting a wagon on josh, so that made no sense.

You're doing exactly that: you attacked me for "burying Josh" when he already proved that he was making up reasons to read people.

Also, I can kill dave for that last post. I called Mala town several times and I called BBT town several times. He's ignoring parts of my ISO to push me and it stinks.

In post 1766, davesaz wrote:Quotes please.

Ahem, if I misrepped you, and you posted something that says you were townreading BBT, it should be trivial to quote it.
Silence?

Can we agree on a lynch here folks?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 13, Zebulin wrote:Is there a deadline for those who haven't confirmed?

*twitch*

In post 30, Zebulin wrote:So, are you a vanilla townie or a mason?

*twitch*

In post 38, goodmorning wrote:
In post 33, nopointinactingup wrote:
In post 29, goodmorning wrote:Hmmmmmm Sonic might be Scum.
Why?

Because that post was so utterly overdone it's ridiculous. He's holding the cards in his left hand and telling us to watch the right, but in such an obvious way that it looks to me like a double- or triple-bluff.
I mean, there're a couple different options and not all of them have him as Scum, but it's pretty blatantly manipulative and I don't like it.

naw, that was just normal MS goofing around and acting like he was going to catch scum this game.

In post 55, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're voting him for bad grammar?

if the zeb slot flips scum then I could see this as a buddy. Though I do like his point about Dan's two RVS votes being off but Dan was town so meh.

In post 70, Shinobi wrote:The thing you need to understand is that lynching someone because you don't like their playstyle is lynching someone for poor reasoning. Being weird doesn't make him scum. If we actually try to lynch him at this point in the game, it's nothing more than a policy lynch.

This post is worrisome though. Defending a perceived pl/mislynch.

gonna take a nap and then read the other 70 pages.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1849, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1232, Josh_B wrote:
If you want to do something productive with your posts, why aren't you looking at the people that voted for NPAU all willy nilly. for no reason, or reasons that didn't make sense?

What do you think about my previous post Josh with this in mind.

Finally!

1849-1232= 617 post later/ An awfully convenient time to suddenly say I did some thing reasonable this game.
Don't you think I've had the posts you just quoted in mind since last week when I wrote that comment while I was saying that you and Shinobi were both pushing horrible cases? (I only bring that up because it was included in 1232). f
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:49 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

You're scum-reading Wisdom?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1854, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're scum-reading Wisdom?

Somebody please give BBT a copy of the game. :igmeou:

Are you making jokes? There's a lot of jokes going on in this game.
GM made a particularly ironic joke earlier. I'm hoping that I'm not the only one that got it.

Despite my own personal feelings towards Widsom, I am much more confident in scum Shinobi. And I'm also of the opinion scum BBT. Wait one moment while I introduce a very controversial BBT slip...
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1738, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, I'm willing to sheep almost anyone onto almost any wagon.

I won't sheep Wisdom or Pea.
I might sheep GM or Josh.

I won't vote Huntress.

My vote is yours when you need it.

Go!

In post 1787, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1024, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Uct and NPAU may be good wagons also. These are based on reading Scripten's ISO now that he be dead.

In post 1026, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:WOW...I really wish I could edit my posts.

Uct or GM for me today.

You (Uct) was from Scripten's ISO I believe.

GM because I thought she was scum D1 and her play D2 hasn't changed my mind.

This was a long, long time ago though.

My top 3 lynches for today would be Wisdom,
Josh
or Pea.

I feel comfortable that you're town, Uct.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I had a question for Mala but forgot. I'll try and remember while we wait for Nero to catch up.

@Josh: Nobody really doubts that Toffee is Scum. That is, however, an interesting observation.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I doubt that Toffee is scum. I doubt it plenty.

Those two quotes are taken out of context. The first was made during a time when he was frustrated with his pushes going nowhere. The second was an actual set of reads. The difference between the two is staggering and it blows my mind that you're not seeing it. I honestly can't tell if it's intentional or not.

I'm probably going to have to bust out a meta read on him at some point so you jubjubs stop trying to lynch him.

@Dave: I think it's awesome that you try to attack me when I go afk. Here's my answer to your quotes bullshit: you already quoted it. I said BBT vs Mala was a TvT fight, and I have seen nothing to change my opinion of either of those two players. Saying that I'm "soft-implying" or whatever it is you're talking about is ridiculous. I'm not implying anything. I'm calling them town. End of.

@Nero: What's wrong with defending a supposed "policy lynch/mislynch?" I fail to see what the issue is, can you elaborate?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Josh called me scum because of something a different player did in a different game, and then still got the contrasts between our cases wrong.

Why did we de-wagon him.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Wisdom, I have a question for you whenever you're around:

You said that my post on the fight between triton/me wasn't a normal townie thought process. Why did it change from a townie thing that you commented on when you were catching up? You commented on my #583 and it was pretty much the same reasoning in regards to two different players, but now it's fake. Why?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1840, Peabody wrote:Thanks for the replace.

And Mala, are you referencing BBT as a town read? Or did you only mean Shinobi?

BBT is a townread as well as Shinobi.

In post 1844, Josh_B wrote:Hooray, there's actually a player in the Heph slot.

Mala, I need help . I can't get my head around the hephestus situation. DP1 it was completely ignored. Recently it seems to have gotten some support, at least in name.
Would you say that Heph has been ignored townie, or ignored scum?

I don't recall either of us being attacked for scum reading him. But there wasn't any support for it either.

I think Heph might be lurking/replacing out regardless of alignment.
He could be both I guess, idk I wanted to say his slot before he replaced lurked and I really thought it was scum lurking, but at this point I don't know anymore.

In post 1843, Shinobi wrote:Kind of busy atm, will post more when I have time.

@Mala: I still need your opinions on the Wisdom/Josh fight.

TvTish.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I was just going to comment on Mala not being here. Awesome.

Why is Wisdom/Josh TvT?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Wisdom is town. As I said I remember seeing him and this doesn't feel like Wisdom-scum.
Josh's posts have gotten better tbh.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Malakittens »

So yeah my townpool reads look like this {GM, Wisdom, Huntress, BBT, Shinobi, {josh}}

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I don't see "better" about Josh's posts.

All I've seen is that he's changed how he interprets the cases BBT and I have both made based on whatever's going on, and he made up reasons to townread Peabody. Can you explain more pls?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by davesaz »

@Shinobi, making a single reference to TvT and saying nothing more is not the same thing as a read. And that single reference does not make "multiple times".

@Mala, it's important for us to have a detailed explanation of your BBT and Shinobi reads, because they're coming up a solid scum read for multiple people. I in particular could use some input because I'm seeing multiple sets of people who could be town who are agreeing with each other or could be scum together.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1866, davesaz wrote:@Shinobi, making a single reference to TvT and saying nothing more is not the same thing as a read. And that single reference does not make "multiple times".

@Mala, it's important for us to have a detailed explanation of your BBT and Shinobi reads, because they're coming up a solid scum read for multiple people. I in particular could use some input because I'm seeing multiple sets of people who could be town who are agreeing with each other or could be scum together.

Calling a fight between two players town vs town =/= calling them town?

Oh the jubbery.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1864, Malakittens wrote:So yeah my townpool reads look like this {GM, Wisdom, Huntress, BBT, Shinobi, {josh}}

You're missing at least one definite, really obvious townie. And it's more important to know which of the not listed people is your biggest scum read.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Shinobi »

We're probably just going to end up lynching somebody boring like Peabody or something.

And I still don't know what the case on him is.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1868, davesaz wrote:
In post 1864, Malakittens wrote:So yeah my townpool reads look like this {GM, Wisdom, Huntress, BBT, Shinobi, {josh}}

You're missing at least one definite, really obvious townie. And it's more important to know which of the not listed people is your biggest scum read.

Enlighten me then?

My biggest scumread is Uct; the person I'm voting.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Malakittens »

ALSO I'M ANSWERING THE PREVIOUS POST GIVE ME TIME OKAY.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Mala pay attention to things omfg.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1866, davesaz wrote:@Mala, it's important for us to have a detailed explanation of your BBT and Shinobi reads, because they're coming up a solid scum read for multiple people. I in particular could use some input because I'm seeing multiple sets of people who could be town who are agreeing with each other or could be scum together

I really never do detail, but sinceeeeeeeeee you asked sooooooooo nicelyyyyyy and I'm in a good mood.

Shinobi is because there's been shimmers of town-Shinobi. His early defense of me felt like conviction and a very similar parallel play that he did in a completed newbie game.

Also these posts are what I like from early game:

In post 252, Shinobi wrote:Okay, let's move on from the fact that I think that question is dumb and I'll give you an answer even though I really don't want to:

Because ISOing players during day 1 isn't going to produce much in the way of findings, especially when you can just read the thread and glean the exact same information but with better context. Using an ISO this early is needless busywork and it's just generally better to ask questions and play the game. Even if you didn't want to talk much, reading the thread is still better because looking at a pure ISO doesn't give you the same quality of read because of a lack of context.

And that isn't even getting into the fact that nothing of importance has actually warranted an ISO dive, in my opinion.

So how does this answer make me readable in any way? How does this help you figure out my alignment?

In post 583, Shinobi wrote:I haven't really been paying attention to this game much, so consider this somewhat of a prod dodge/catch up post.

BBT vs Mala looks almost exactly like a bog-standard TvT fight: lots of point-by-point analysis being done on each other and lots of passion from both sides. I'd really like you two to stop fighting and to move on to something else, because it looks like you two butt heads every single time you're both in the thread.

I can't even remember where my vote is or why I put it there, so UNVOTE: .

NPAU is scummy for the following reasons: his frequent vote swapping/shoddy reasoning is more in-line with spreading doubt rather than solving the game, but somebody probably already pointed it out.

Someone is going to have to explain the GM wagon to me at some point, and preferably in non-MS terms. Mala's case seems okay but some evidence would be great.

Also, if the people calling me scummy could, like, shut up, that would be great. I'll get more up-to-date at some point.

In post 711, Shinobi wrote:I hate how everyone is drawing associative reads from everything.

I'm looking at them and they all look dumb. Maybe it's just me.

In post 793, Shinobi wrote:Stop worrying about Mala because Mala is town. That entire conversation is basically nothing more than useless meta arguments combined with playstyle clashes, which results in nothing but meaningless white noise. If Mala is somehow scum here, then whatever the fuck you guys are doing basically just gave her a lot to talk about. We are not lynching an outspoken/active player on day 1.

Instead, let's focus on the guy I'm voting. The guy who was posting here not even a minute before I was and then immediately fucks off when I pressure him.

And no, the only thing that bothered me was D1 with his fight against Uct. Other than that I found nothing "scummy" about his play.

Yes, I like to overly trust my really early towngutreads. TRADEMARK OF MALA.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1867, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1866, davesaz wrote:@Shinobi, making a single reference to TvT and saying nothing more is not the same thing as a read. And that single reference does not make "multiple times".

Calling a fight between two players town vs town =/= calling them town?

Oh the jubbery.

When you have 172 posts in a thread and only mention it once, in passing, it sure as hell is not obvious that it's a read.
Once again, you later said that you had called BBT town multiple times. Is the place where you said the word multiple supposed to count as one of the multiple?
I'm seeing your responses as being that you're responding to the text of what I'm saying but not the idea behind the text.

Return to “Completed Open Games”