Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #218 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 106, mastin2 wrote:
Nominate Venmar for Best Mutation for the two-game combination of Left 4 Dead and Walking Dead

Both games were zombie-themed, featuring a similar mechanic. Each night, a zombie horde would attack and eat a player, acting as a vig. How the horde was handled each game differed by the theme (with it being more random when both town and scum were zombies, appropriately enough, and being controlled by the town more when the town was zombies against scum humans who had none over it), but the mechanic basically remained the same both games. In addition to the actual mechanic, the idea of 'herders' was a brilliant role that added to it, with herders in each game acting to give direction to the horde beyond the otherwise-random kills. Additionally, the role of baiter (a zombie-bodyguard drawing the horde onto yourself the first game and a zombie-doctor removing a player from the list of nom candidates the second game) was another brilliant addition to the mechanic.

It was highly-innovative, highly-original, and has a HUGE amount of potential, which once understood properly, made it insanely fun to see. It never quite got full usage, but that was partly design, in that the mechanic was there, but was always intentionally not meant to be THE driving force behind the game, and it never was. So it was there, contributing, but never overwhelming. It added a lot of interesting dynamics to how both town and scum thought in both games, and overall, was an absolute blast to play.

I don't think I've really seen any other game so far this year that has quite integrated together a new mechanic and roles associated as well as Venmar did with these two games. He deserves every bit of recognition he can get for this highly-innovative, original idea.
Hi, I came here on purpose just to
second this
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #288 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:19 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Nominating Organic Chemistry for
Most Memorable Moment

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54597

This game by Antihero was extremely fun, and very exciting: For the first three days of the game, the scum were on a roll: 3 mislynches in a row, all members or the scumteam alive, and even a
All-Town
Day 1 Lynch on Master Scummer Mastin2.

The tides changed on Day 4, where a tracker got a guilty on a member of the scum performing the kill, and the town got their first correct lynch!

And on Day 5, where a tracker got another guilty on another member of the scum performing the kill.

And the next day, where the tracker got yet another guilty on another member of the scum performing the kill.

The last day, the final scum was outed by associatives.

tl;dr 3 tracker guilties in a row against a perfect mislynch-streak by scum

Maybe a more elaborate/articulate player can expand and write a more compelling write-up to add onto this nomination? :)
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #405 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 402, mastin2 wrote:
In post 398, Titus wrote:
Nom: SKOT, Best Performance in Town Loss- Game Ikarga Mafia (Large Theme)
Since you can't nominate a player for a scummy that doesn't exist, yet, how about going for one that does?

Nominate sharpest-knife-on-tree for Rising Star
, in part because of the aforementioned game, but also SKOT's growing body of work. When SKOT devotes himself to a game, it really, really shows. He's not among the best scumhunters on the site right now, but if he continues improving, he could be. Ikaruga is just the latest. Marvel's Avengers is another great example of him playing well.

He's also no slouch as scum. He can live past what most would think of being his expiration date, like he did in The Wire, and he managed to win X-Men: Age of Apocalpse, endgaming the town, with some solidly decent play. No matter how much others might call him scum, he's surprisingly good at living in spite of that.

And I think that's actually the core of the award: he's clearly got some room to grow, but he
is
growing, noticeably so, and doing great things.

Do any of you realise that SKOT is an alt of a highly experience player? Does that still make him eligible?
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #419 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 418, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 417, reinoe wrote:I'd rather say what I said than what you're saying. You're like one of those antagonists who's always getting in other peoples business without knowing all the context. You know, the neighbors who call the police when they see a strange person going into the neighbor's house only to discover later it was a nephew or co-worker housesitting.

pffft. You really haven't seen me be hateful if that's what you think. I haven't even really been hateful on this site since a game back in 2011, I think.

Besides, what "context" do I really need, assuming that the analogy was supposed to be relevant to what started this topic? SG is Thor, a guy masquerading as a girl. You said "Why would a guy play as a girl?" as if that's a thought-provoking question. Just think on both what you just asked, and who you're asking it about, and if you really gave it some thought, you'll realize why that was a stupid question.

On-topic,
3rd Dark Age of the Law

you know, i refrained from posting something that had the same message as your initial post did, because it was off topic to nominations

reinoe, did you know that Thor has become a female? no????? well surprise!!!!! good to know, huh?

OnTopic:
4th Dark Age of the Law (ps: I had perfect reads there by myself how cool)

the only thing that makes me hesitate is how long ago the game was and this subsequent nomination
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #424 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:26 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

remove Nom for Game of the Year

2nd Best Setup
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #441 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 433, xRECKONERx wrote:
Nominate GuyInFreezer for Community Contributor for [url=http://
forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43274]creating the mafBlack skin[/url]

OMG IS THIS REALLY GIF'S WORK?????

then i shall
2nd this awesome skin
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #495 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 488, pirate mollie wrote:okay!

for rising star i nominate kagami:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58247
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=59801
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=44065
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=49388
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=35988

and also my personal favourite:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=59528

I think rising star shld go to some1 who is showing a solid progression and kagami hits all of the right notes in this category. something that I have noticed and admired about her is how she handles herself in games as in she keeps a cool head and works at her own pace and doesn't succumb easily to outside pressure. I think she brings a freshness to game analysis and as a mod stays on top of things as in she reads the games that she mods. she can town it up regardless of alignment in a seamless way that spills over into every game she plays. she is thoroughly enjoyable and I want to lynch her every time for being so enjoyable cos I am a paranoid freak who is suspicious about enjoyable players. in the dance mechanic game she won the game
by taking out her dancing partner 7 minutes before dl
. how kewl is that. she has balls and she has style but she knows when to sit back and I for one feel like I am learning a lot from her.

which brings me to the dance mechanic game.

nominate autumn serenade for most enjoyable game.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=59528

that game was truly hilarious if you contrast it with the previous 1. no1 was lynched. the game was decided by players taking their partners out of the game. I mean every1 was running around being paranoid in their pt and in the game thread while not wanting to be paranoid about their dance partner when every1 actually was. <----- it srsly doesn't get any funnier than that.

I think telltaleheart deserves an honourable mention. she is a savvy player and on the go guyz.

if kagami is eligible (she *is* a little old) i
SECOND THIS NOM

one of my newer favorite players and she is a wonderful enjoyable player and totally DOES NOT sound like a newbie but if she is eligible for this scummie I SUPPORT YOU !!!!~~~~~~~ because she is really very good
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #498 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Since we're here too...

Nominating Naraku Scum Team of InuYasha Mafia for Best Scum Team

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58247

The scumteam of Naraku overcame extreme odds in order to arrive at a Perfect Win. Once again Kagami ^ above played beautifully, however, the team was no slouch either, having to dodge lynches and almost unlynchable due to their claims and their timing; in a game of 28 people, very large even by Theme Game standards. A 3-man scumteam overpowering and pushing mislynches time after time in order to evade any of the team getting killed, THAT's a feat.

What could be even more of a feat, is the game is currently the largest and longest in Mafiascum, 387 pages, in which the scum bagged a perfect win. Granted, the playerlist isn't as STELLAR as the other nominations (FF mafia <3 fferynacho), however, the sheer amount of skill to earn a perfect win in a 28p-387 page/5 month game deserves recognition.
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #559 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

But jiffy is banned :'(

Would nth too hahaha