Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

checking in...will catch up and post soon.

I imagine I do not look very good today, really no defense other than I suck. I have been around long enough I should have better reads. So I get it if I am the lynch today.

---
this is ridiculous.

In post 1603, Kalimar wrote:I think I'd rather vote Amy today over anyone, but it's not really on the table. I feel like I don't have a good intuitive grasp of this game, but I do think that there is scum in AFF/CDB.

So I'll keep it simple.

Vote: CDB

that is three people who thought CDB/chaos was scum dead.....however, at this point, I just dont think CDB would have offed someone who suspected him ESPECIALLY after I went on and on about it yesterday (but it is all WIFOM). Also Farside, doesnt make sense as scum (at least not the scum theory I had in my head yesterday) so she is down on my list too. I really thought farisde and CDB were scum together...I need to go back and reread Bel (and scrambles). at this point, I dont have a clue.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:44 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Well, I'd be lying if I said I was confident by the time I left things Yesterday that Scrambles would flip scum but it does helpfully reassure me that I'm not being a complete idiot. That said, if the worst comes to the worst we do at least have time for anyone who can't get over Chaos to get it out of your systems. Rather not, though.

Need to look over Belisarius and Scrambles again but the flips don't make me
not
want to start with a thorough look at acryon again, even bearing in mind my crisis of confidence Yesterday.
#greenshirtthursdays
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Riddle:
what's the difference between CKD defending Beli-scum and acryon defending scrambles-scum?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@CKD:

In post 1650, curiouskarmadog wrote:this is ridiculous.

Kalimar's hammer was pretty solid town material. Most people didn't think Toby was suspicious, particularly in later play. And Kalimar wasn't exactly making a hard push for CDB.

Looks more like a solid but safe kill for scum, rather than a specific attempt to divert attention away from the dead player's suspicions.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:22 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Riddle is still solid town for me. Going to throw titus in there in the solid town box as well, as my worries from late yesterday have dissipated.

Feeling better about CDB. Would put at lean town.

Still nullish on acryon, but not liking any of the cases made against him as of late yesterday.

That leaves Amy, CKD, and farside. Will look into each soon.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 am

Post by acryon »

I still stand by my assertion that the cases presented on scrambles were mostly bad. But sometimes we get there anyway. I'm definitely going to have to take another look at pretty much everyone, as this definitely changes things.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:22 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Acryon

Why are you so sure?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:23 am

Post by Titus »

That's at Riddleton regarding the last page.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:35 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1656, Titus wrote:VOTE: Acryon

Why are you so sure?

it's a new day, let's revisit some things. Could you summarize your case on me at the moment?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Vote Counts at Lynch (blue is who I think the thread should consider as solid town, but unconfirmed):

In post 527, Baezu wrote:
Vote Count 1.14
Belisarius
: (4) Amy Farrah Fowler,
NakedJogger
scrambles
Skelda

Skelda
: (8) Curiouskarmadog ,
RoyalApe
Belisarius
Dry-fit
, Chaoslord54, acryon,
TobyLoby
, Farside22
Chaoslord54: (1)
Snugglyduckling

acryon: (1)
Ranon

Not Voting:

In post 880, Baezu wrote:
Vote Count 2.Final
Belisarius
: (7) Amy Farrah Fowler, acryon,
scrambles
Riddleton
TobyLoby
, ChannelDelibird,
Titus

Curiouskarmadog : (1)
Belisarius

ChannelDelibird: (3) Farside22, Curiouskarmadog ,
NakedJogger

Not Voting:
RoyalApe

In post 1643, Baezu wrote:
Vote Count 3.12
Titus
: (2) acryon,
scrambles

ChannelDelibird: (2) Curiouskarmadog , Amy Farrah Fowler
scrambles
: (6)
Titus
Riddleton
, ChannelDelibird,
Green Crayons
, Farside22,
Kalimar

Not Voting:

-----

OBSERVATIONS:
- Amy looks good for her first-on-the-wagon D1 and D2 votes for Beli, under the theory that scum wouldn't lead a wagon against a fellow scum.
- CDB looks good for being on both the Beli-scum (D2) and scrambles-scum (D3) wagons, under the theory that scum wouldn't bus both of their scumbuddies. (Same goes for likely town Riddle and Titus.)
- acryon looks good by way of scrambles' actions, under the theory that scrambles-scum would not closely associate himself with a scumbuddy as he did with acryon by following acryon's vote both on the Beli-wagon (D2) and the Titus-wagon (D3).
- CKD looks bad for never lynching any scum.
- farside looks bad for not lynching scum D1 or D2, and lynching scrambles only as a "ugh, if I have to."
- If scum bussed scrambles, it was either CDB or farside.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Titus »

Green Crayons agree with all but Acryon and Farside. Acryon's shift on me as I started voting scrambles reflects more psnicked scum. Realize no town got on my wagon but they both pushed it heavily. This sends me back to Inuyasha mafia. I was the Birds of Prey hydra. We had all the scum on Day 5. They rapid fire voted us and parked. Same situation here.

As for Farside, Beli attacked them had day 1 for going after the scrambles slot.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Titus »

Riddleton is likely town...solid is a little strong but do not want them dead today.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 1652, Green Crayons wrote:
@Riddle:
what's the difference between CKD defending Beli-scum and acryon defending scrambles-scum?

Mainly gut, but Acryon's defense reads as more sincere newbie to me. Although he was wrong, I could understand his POV with regards to the fact he could just be an 'accidental liar'. CKD's defense reads as more desperate to me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1662, Riddleton wrote:
@Riddle:

Mainly gut, but Acryon's defense reads as more sincere newbie to me. Although he was wrong, I could understand his POV with regards to the fact he could just be an 'accidental liar'. CKD's defense reads as more desperate to me.

Very buzzwordy. Support needed.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Riddleton »

Vote Count 3.12Titus: (2) acryon,
scrambles

scrambles
: (6) Titus, Riddleton, ChannelDelibird, Green Crayons, Farside22,
Kalimar

I just don't buy the fact that here, the last two scum (hypothetically acryon & scrambles) pile on to the Titus wagon for seemingly arbituary reasons about her playstyle. Most newbie scum like to distance away from each other due to feeling a little more "self-conscious" about their playstyle. I can't understand how Acryon-scum and Scrambles-scum would both vote Titus as they have in this VC.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 1663, Titus wrote:
In post 1662, Riddleton wrote:
@Riddle:

Very buzzwordy. Support needed.

Sorry, that's all I've got from that end. :neutral: I trust my intuition on the matter, though.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:27 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1660, Titus wrote:Green Crayons agree with all but Acryon and Farside. Acryon's shift on me as I started voting scrambles reflects more psnicked scum. Realize no town got on my wagon but they both pushed it heavily. This sends me back to Inuyasha mafia. I was the Birds of Prey hydra. We had all the scum on Day 5. They rapid fire voted us and parked. Same situation here.
[/quote]
To be fair, I first commented on you doing things that were stupid before you voted scrambles. And I didn't switch to you directly after your vote on scrambles... You continued to post naked reads left and right, and eventually I recognized this pattern. You can keep trying to associate my case on you with the fact that you voted scrambles to try and make my case look bad, but it isn't going to work.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1664, Riddleton wrote:

scrambles

scrambles
Kalimar

I just don't buy the fact that here, the last two scum (hypothetically acryon & scrambles) pile on to the Titus wagon for seemingly arbituary reasons about her playstyle. Most newbie scum like to distance away from each other due to feeling a little more "self-conscious" about their playstyle. I can't understand how Acryon-scum and Scrambles-scum would both vote Titus as they have in this VC.

Scrambles and acryon are not newbies.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1666, acryon wrote:
In post 1660, Titus wrote:Green Crayons agree with all but Acryon and Farside. Acryon's shift on me as I started voting scrambles reflects more psnicked scum. Realize no town got on my wagon but they both pushed it heavily. This sends me back to Inuyasha mafia. I was the Birds of Prey hydra. We had all the scum on Day 5. They rapid fire voted us and parked. Same situation here.

To be fair, I first commented on you doing things that were stupid before you voted scrambles. And I didn't switch to you directly after your vote on scrambles... You continued to post naked reads left and right, and eventually I recognized this pattern. You can keep trying to associate my case on you with the fact that you voted scrambles to try and make my case look bad, but it isn't going to work.[/quote]

The naked reads bullshit was already torn to shreds.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 1667, Titus wrote:
In post 1664, Riddleton wrote:

scrambles

scrambles
Kalimar

Scrambles and acryon are not newbies.

I disagree, they're not experienced players.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:49 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1668, Titus wrote:
In post 1666, acryon wrote:

To be fair, I first commented on you doing things that were stupid before you voted scrambles. And I didn't switch to you directly after your vote on scrambles... You continued to post naked reads left and right, and eventually I recognized this pattern. You can keep trying to associate my case on you with the fact that you voted scrambles to try and make my case look bad, but it isn't going to work.

The naked reads bullshit was already torn to shreds.[/quote]
I disagree completely. Why do you think my vote remained on you until the end of the day?
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:51 am

Post by Riddleton »

Acryon, enough with the Titus wagon. He's town.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Titus »

Because you and scrambles were desperate scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1671, Riddleton wrote:Acryon, enough with the Titus wagon. He's town.

He's got one or two MLs in him at best. Tunnelling me is the only way to make a third.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1671, Riddleton wrote:Acryon, enough with the Titus wagon. He's town.

Here's the thing. I am fine suspending the Titus focus once again for the moment, hence why he remains unvoted. But when one of his primary reasons for thinking I am scum is the idea that I went after him because he went after scrambles, then I am kind of forced into that discussion, aren't I?

Return to “Completed Open Games”