Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1396, Aneninen wrote:We assumed on Day2 that TSO had been killed by the Mafia. As far as I know, noone gave a possible explanation why he had been killed.

There hasn't been and I feel like that's a big missing puzzle piece. He was scumreading Nero Cain at the end of the day, but he had scumreads on both 50 Shades and sthar that he sort of went back on right before the day ended. It doesn't make sense as a mafia kill, there were a lot more vocal detractors of 50 Shades, most notably sthar and Nero Cain.

Then there's the number of kills. There's a 2/3 chance a Serial Killer is in play.

I just deleted the rest of the paragraph I typed out because I just realized sthar was right and this is a not a very pro-town endeavor. The only thing is that there's really no way of evaluating the reliability of MonkeyMan's action
without
doing so.

Ignoring the claimed roleblock seems foolish, though.

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:59 am

Post by massive »

Yeah, and while I don't necessarily agree with MonkeyMan's belief that Death Stare "scumslipped" back on D1, it doesn't matter whether *I* believe it or not when it comes to evaluating MonkeyMan's claimed targets.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:10 am

Post by davesaz »

Did MonkeyMan claim a N1 target? If not, I'd recommend waiting for a while.

As to voting, I was kinda hoping to see more discussion first. I'm worried that we could be misled by a plausible but untrue claim, or that we could misinterpret the claim results. Plus if we have other power roles (that's far from certain, but possible) I don't want a quick wagon that gives them nothing to steer their next actions.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:25 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1402, davesaz wrote:Did MonkeyMan claim a N1 target? If not, I'd recommend waiting for a while.

He did. It was wgeurts.

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:53 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1400, Heartless wrote:There hasn't been and I feel like that's a big missing puzzle piece. He was scumreading Nero Cain at the end of the day, but he had scumreads on both 50 Shades and sthar that he sort of went back on right before the day ended.

i assumed it was because he was obtown/ we have a great track record of reading each other. he was never gonna be a viable lynch and while he was alive neither was i.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 am

Post by sthar8 »

but thats p biased
MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:07 am

Post by MonkeyMan »

50 shades makes no sense for a vig kill imo.

Also, if there is anything any of yall need me to explain let me know. I want this scum lynch. Using my PRs well validates my existence.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Well obviously PGO isn't in the game so him fake claiming PGO looks like a vig/sk claim. So I think he did kill 50 and you are obviously lying about blocking him.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but if Monkey is scum and is basically fakeclaiming then that would be pretty much suicide me thinks unless he has a scumbuddy left so I'm of the mind to lynch not Monkey/DS today.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:33 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1406, MonkeyMan wrote:50 shades makes no sense for a vig kill imo.

unless we have a vig with a brain.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

like Massive is still scummy 'cause that early d2 claim is still not town and he's not doing much hunting at all.

You know that thing that I said about Mollie being scum 'cause town Mollie doesn't town read me? Yea, skies is guilty of the same thing and I had a very early gut scum read on Foxx.

don't like Dave's hard defense of 50.

and I still think sthar is p scummy and that back and forth with Mollie could have been a show so between those 4 is where I want to go today.

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am

Post by massive »

vote Nero

There, now I'm hunting. I can't believe you even went back to that when no one believed you yesterday.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1400, Heartless wrote:
In post 1396, Aneninen wrote:We assumed on Day2 that TSO had been killed by the Mafia. As far as I know, noone gave a possible explanation why he had been killed.

There hasn't been and I feel like that's a big missing puzzle piece. He was scumreading Nero Cain at the end of the day, but he had scumreads on both 50 Shades and sthar that he sort of went back on right before the day ended. It doesn't make sense as a mafia kill, there were a lot more vocal detractors of 50 Shades, most notably sthar and Nero Cain.
Then there's the number of kills. There's a 2/3 chance a Serial Killer is in play.

I'm thinking the same. Nightkilling TSO didn't make sense as a Mafia Kill. But, it didn't make sense as a Vig kill either.
I also wondered what he had meant in his bah post (). I don't think I'll find it out.

In post 1400, Heartless wrote:
I just deleted the rest of the paragraph I typed out because I just realized sthar was right and this is a not a very pro-town endeavor. The only thing is that there's really no way of evaluating the reliability of MonkeyMan's action
without
doing so.
Ignoring the claimed roleblock seems foolish, though.
-TTH

MonkeyMan's claim must be real – I've explained it before. If so, we should discuss about his posts. In my opinion, ignoring a (most likely) confirmed town's ideas would be much more anti-town. Prove me if I'm wrong – this part goes to everyone, especially to Sthar!

In post 1405, sthar8 wrote:but thats p biased

I don't understand this post.

In post 1406, MonkeyMan wrote:50 shades makes no sense for a vig kill imo.
Also, if there is anything any of yall need me to explain let me know. I want this scum lynch. Using my PRs well validates my existence.

50Shades made perfect sense for a Vig Kill. Look at those votes on Day2, between and ! After Wgeurts's flip I was sure that at least one of those players is scum and my bet was 50Shades whom I had started to scumread before. If I were Vig I would have Nightkilled them.
My questions are:
(1) Where did DeathStare slip about you on Day1?
(2) Why did you choose DeathStare for your Roleblock? Why not Davesaz or Massive, for example?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1411, massive wrote:I can't believe you even went back to that when no one believed you yesterday.

They don't believe me? So you are claiming that you didn't early claim? :)

I *think* you meant they don't agree with me. So fucking what? Me not getting traction on your wagon doesn't necessarily meant that I'm wrong.
Remember that time I called Mollie scum 'cause she wasn't playing to her usual self, no one believed me then and it flipped scum.

MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 am

Post by MonkeyMan »

In post 612, Death Stare wrote:This game lacks nacho whiteknighting the living hell out of monkeyman

Whiteknighting is when scum defends town.

Also, with Nero saying I am scum he is scum now too. This post actually looks like a buss to me. Might be me thinking everyone who doesn't believe me is scum because I don't believe people are inherently dumb.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but Monkey...50 didn't kill herself. If DS shot her then you didn't block him. Of course if DS isn't vig/sk then you aren't lying. So what, DS is mafia, was getting bussed d1 by 50 and then fake claims the kill on her?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

hrmmm...i mean that is some what plausible, fake claims the kill so he draws out the killer CC. hrmmm....

MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:30 am

Post by MonkeyMan »

Where does DS claim to kill 50?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by davesaz »

After reading the day's events more slowly, I think it's solved. The SK is pretty clear to me too, but now is not the time to go into that since we can lynch only one.

VOTE: Death Stare
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by davesaz »

N1, mafia attempts to kill SK and triggers bulletproof. SK kills TSO
N2, monkey blocks mafia, SK kills 50
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 3.2
A bather whose clothing was strewed
By winds that left her quite nude
Saw a man come along
And unless we are wrong
You expected this line to be lewd.

Death Stare (2): MonkeyMan, davesaz
MonkeyMan (1):Death Stare
Nero Cain (1): massive
massive (0):
sthar8 (0):
davesaz (0):
Heartless (0):
Brian Skies (0):
Aneninen (0):
MTD (0):
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (8): , Nero Cain, sthar8, , Heartless, Brian Skies, Aneninen, MTD

With 10 alive, it is 6 to Lynch or No Lynch.

It is now Day 3. Deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2014-11-05 17:00:00) at 6:00 PM on Wednesday, November 5th Pacific Time.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is a Parachute.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1412, Aneninen wrote:I don't understand this post.

my logic regarding the nightkill assumes that mollie's play was centered around what she knows of me. It is fairly heavily biased in that I am assuming that I was a primary motivator for scum.

We are not discussing claims further. I will not be explaining why. We can discuss the theory behind that in post if you like, but for now the exceedingly high probability that I am town combined with the logic of "don't give info to scum" should suffice.

I need to do some setup math, so I'm not willing to end the day yet. But I'm pretty sure my vote will be going to death stare.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:34 am

Post by davesaz »

Exceedingly high probability? That's a slip. Townies don't say they are high probability, they say they are town.
Trying to find a role you could claim that would fit the setup?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:53 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1422, davesaz wrote:Exceedingly high probability? That's a slip. Townies don't say they are high probability, they say they are town.
Trying to find a role you could claim that would fit the setup?

:roll:
I'm saying that from Anen's perspective, he should be about 95% sure that I'm town. Obviously he can't be 100% sure.

Try to keep up.

Or, you could continue to tell me about my own diction and how it reflects my state of mind. You
clearly
have the experience and proficiency to do that. It
definitely
doesn't make you look like more of an idiot than your pointlessly anti-town role speculation.

As to my role, I've not really been hiding what I'm gonna claim. It should be pretty obvious to anybody paying attention.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Jingle »

Prodding Death Stare.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Open Games”