fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 462, Saki wrote:this doens't strike me as particularly weird what are everyone's problems with it

The fact that he said that and then immediately voted Varsoon.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 282, Cabd wrote:
See this series of posts tells me several things.

1. Marangal is scum.

She can't keep her "reads" straight as she puts me as scum in her reas list but the third quote clearly shows she has me at null. The first quote betrays her as well, town-mara sees this player list and jumps at the chance to get to figure out all these people she knows.

Posting someone is scum and then saying

In post 277, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 276, purple hero wrote:Its a read list, yes. that is where my gut takes me, atm and as far as cabd goes, if hes town and wants to be read as town, he can go and earn it. set-up spec is null, coming from him

Isn't actually going back on her reads. Technically the quoted post above doesn't call Cabd null but his setup spec as null. She's saying that this particular item that is easy to be townread for (imo) is null.

Some of the wording like "look at the third post again" is bothersome because of it's leading nature. He's trying to drive people to a point that frankly I don't see.

In post 405, Cabd wrote:
20. Konowa
14. Brian Skies
19. Saki

Saki and Konowa have barely posted so I don't understand putting them so high.

His accusation of me trying to get people to vote Varsoon for some reason concerns me. I don't know if it's a poor attempt to attack me or if I should just get over myself but it's grossly incorrect.

It is certainly possible town-Cabd (which I have no reference of nor do I care to look one up) could be doing this. I need to think on that but for now my gut wants me to vote here.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Cabd »

I mean, I'm sitting here sort of laughing at the votes on me because they're meaningless, but if people want to leave some suspicion out there so I don't get shot night one be my guest.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Cabd »

^Assume the above post was written with tammyface.jpg
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:02 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 433, Save The Dragons wrote:I think I just disagree with you there, then.

so just in case you're ever interested in talking more about this i'm free :) i believe very strongly in this cause

also what's your read on mara?

Cabd wrote:I mean, I'm sitting here sort of laughing at the votes on me because they're meaningless, but if people want to leave some suspicion out there so I don't get shot night one be my guest.

In post 225, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:sometimes i wish i had the tryhard good and obvious townie that i fell in love with in xenoblade

what happened uncle

what happened to you
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 279, Varsoon wrote:I think it's weird that you're upholding Ffery's play as town -because- of how your miller claim was treated in a game where she was town.
Like, as if a player like Ffery would have some huge glaring difference between their town and scum interaction with an early questionable claim.
Also, my 'spitfite' of accusations is mostly me pointing out how Ffery's using typical scummy dismissive rhetoric to perpetuate her points as the valid ones and mine as inane.
Which was, in turn, scoffed at.

Why can't I compare her reactions here to that game when her approach to wagons on early super-scummy people are similar?

In post 280, Varsoon wrote:I -already- laid out why I read Cephrir and Ffery differently, man.

I may have misinterpreted the distinctions based on the rapid timing of the posts. D:
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Cabd »

If people haven't gotten a town read off me yet, then they probably never will until I get shot and flip town.

If you think this isn't me tryharding you are ignoring a year and a half of cabd as town setup breaking meta, a la paradox and FE:A.

Oh and re: mara my read has nothing to do with any of our maraca games, mara. It has to do with you displaying scum-PM fatigue like in nati's bastard mini.
Show

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 481, Cabd wrote:If people haven't gotten a town read off me yet, then they probably never will until I get shot and flip town.

If you think this isn't me tryharding you are ignoring a year and a half of cabd as town setup breaking meta, a la paradox and FE:A.

Oh and re: mara my read has nothing to do with any of our maraca games, mara. It has to do with you displaying scum-PM fatigue like in nati's bastard mini.

You forgot marketplace 3.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Cabd »

I'm still trying to forget that one.

Grumble grumble fucking scum money feedback loop red auctions grumble grumble.
Show

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:08 am

i'm more just saying that i miss the sweet, humble cabd i called a model townie so many games before
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Cabd »

Oh well yeah, two years of gritty reboots and experience does that to a person.
Show

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 300, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 275, Brian Skies wrote: Orci also points out something about Bpc indicating a not-scumread on notty based on a comment on a flubber vote and am wondering if he meant a not-scumread on flubber instead.

I think you mean post 192 but that’s me saying that flubber indicated a notscumread on bpc. Not sure what you mean?
In post 275, Brian Skies wrote:
I'm intetested in some of her reads on players that haven't really posted much in game (I think those are reads?).

Not completely sure if I should be drawing attention to this but this is weird I guess?

VOTE: mara

Yeah, that's what I assumed. But you said notsci, so I was wondering if you messed up the names or had some deeper underlying argument that I wasn't getting.

I don't really think it's that weird from Mara, but notable and interesting considering Honeybee had all of one confirmation post up to that point.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 458, Save The Dragons wrote:Cabd has been rubbing me the wrong way all game, front and center with setup spec and fanciful ideas for how this game should be played. That's all fine and dandy but it seems like it could just as easily be a smoke screen. The more it happens the more it bothers me.

I really didn't like his post on Mara, it seems forced to me.

This seems like a pretty understandable position especially from someone who hasn't played with Cabd before.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 306, SMP wrote:I'm not sure why Varsoon would be so excited for his roles as town, especially so excited as to post them in a neighborhood without completely reading the roll card. For you to have any power it requires a member of your neighborhood to die, which then gains you a semi-random ability, since most people aren't going to reveal their roll in the neighbor chat.

As a sort of an add-on to this, if there's scum in his neighborhood, they'd know how his role works and what role he'd receive, affecting how valuable of a NK he is to them. So yeah, doesn't really seem like a smart play for town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 301, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 192, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 174, Flubbernugget wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about orc's scumread yet.

actually it feels like you know exactly how you feel about my scumread

at least this
In post 156, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 151, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:VOTE: bipolarchemist

How is bipolor anything less than null right now?

seems to imply you have a read on notsci and that it isn't scum

care to explain?

Yeah you changed my opinion.

I feel like you avoided saying much of anything here by just weakly sheeping Orci. :?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:28 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I think the biggest issue I had with SMPs posts were not that he was being fence sitting or anything but more that he was pretty much just saying stuff that had been said before, then talking about coffee or something or other.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 am

In post 488, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 306, SMP wrote:I'm not sure why Varsoon would be so excited for his roles as town, especially so excited as to post them in a neighborhood without completely reading the roll card. For you to have any power it requires a member of your neighborhood to die, which then gains you a semi-random ability, since most people aren't going to reveal their roll in the neighbor chat.

As a sort of an add-on to this, if there's scum in his neighborhood, they'd know how his role works and what role he'd receive, affecting how valuable of a NK he is to them. So yeah, doesn't really seem like a smart play for town.

this misses the point of why we think varsoon is scum

when he claimed in the neighborhood varsoon thought one of two things
1) he was in a masonry
2) he was in scum QT

the argument isn't why the play doesn't make sense for varsoon to claim in a scum+town neighborhood, because varsoon later realized that he was in a scum+town neighborhood so he shouldn't have claimed

the argument is why 2) is more likely than 1)

i don't know does this make sense
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Cabd »

There's basically negative percentage points that we don't lynch varsoon today so if he's town he ought to be doing his absolute damndest to make up for this by actively getting data into the thread. But he's not.
Show

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:33 am

In post 492, Cabd wrote:There's basically negative percentage points that we don't lynch varsoon today so if he's town he ought to be doing his absolute damndest to make up for this by actively getting data into the thread. But he's not.

I was REALLY hoping that you wouldn't do that.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 465, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Oh my god are you guys really going to force me to push this varsoon wagon is this real life

pedit std: oh i see. sorry "indicative" is a big word right now

Personally, I am becoming slightly worried for the health of the Varsoon wagon, and I kinda think your weight may end up being necessary.

In post 471, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 431, Cephrir wrote:
In post 427, BipolarChemist wrote:Ceph, I think DV is scum all the time when I play with him. I'm usually wrong :P

This makes me feel better!

Pretty sure the only reason I'm in this game is to make you feel better :D

D:

In post 473, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm never getting to school today am I

Please go to school!

In post 477, Cabd wrote:I mean, I'm sitting here sort of laughing at the votes on me because they're meaningless, but if people want to leave some suspicion out there so I don't get shot night one be my guest.

Above: ny176.jpg

The extent of the similarity between those mindsets scares me.

In post 481, Cabd wrote:If people haven't gotten a town read off me yet, then they probably never will until I get shot and flip town.

I have a mild town read on you at best. And my experience with you is non-zero!

I don't feel like you've actually done that much? Like aren't you talking about setup breaking just as much as you're actually doing it? Have you done any setup analysis that doesn't pertain to Varsoon?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 491, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 488, Brian Skies wrote:

this misses the point of why we think varsoon is scum

when he claimed in the neighborhood varsoon thought one of two things
1) he was in a masonry
2) he was in scum QT

the argument isn't why the play doesn't make sense for varsoon to claim in a scum+town neighborhood, because varsoon later realized that he was in a scum+town neighborhood so he shouldn't have claimed

the argument is why 2) is more likely than 1)

i don't know does this make sense

I feel understood.
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:36 am

In post 494, Cephrir wrote:I don't feel like you've actually done that much?

when was the last time you played with cabd haha

492 just makes me significantly worried about cabd now because i strongly disagree with posting that.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 319, Cephrir wrote:
In post 247, Cabd wrote:CO notes:
Spoiler:
Once one learns the game, the "broken" commanding officers are:
Grit
Colin
Kanbei
Sami
Sensei
Hachi

Any of those are immediate pick-bans in competitive play, and even within the game for a casual player are 99.99% of the time a go to pick. They all have super broken CO powers and stats.

Large CO meters that if town we need to be funneling power to would be:

Eagle
Von Bolt
Strum
Hawke
Isabella
Caulder

I would be shocked if the former list had any bearing on the game. I think we're living in flavor land here.

I actually scoffed at that part of the setup spec based on my own impressions of the setup design. But for all intensive purposes, I'm pretending this is probably the case here.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 496, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 494, Cephrir wrote:I don't feel like you've actually done that much?

when was the last time you played with cabd haha

492 just makes me significantly worried about cabd now because i strongly disagree with posting that.

Yeah, I know, I miss when he used to do shit :/
Bartleby the Scrivener
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:42 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Ceph, I trust you. Give me the run down on Cabd. I have no idea how to even begin reading or anything there. Also do ffery, because generally she scares me iin every game I'm in with her!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”