crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:12 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

In post 573, Flubbernugget wrote:But either way your tone is wildly inconsistent and the way you completely lost your shit over my vote confirms to me it's because you're scum.

Nah I didn't lose my shit. You still haven't said what you think is actually bad reasoning in my vote. Just that "my tone" is off.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Which is a scumread.
Originalchris
Originalchris
Goon
Originalchris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Originalchris »

In post 555, GGG wrote:I will post once and only was on the slur topic. After that it is up to the mods. When you use 'gay' in a negative connotation it is a slur.

Similar to you throw like a girl is insulting the way women play sports. Calling something negative gay is insulting to gay people. Not sure what you think the word has evolved into that doesn't link it back to insulting homosexuals. The reason words are important is the attitude that being gay is a negative is quite pervasive in today's society and tolerating the use of the word only furthers that attitude. This needs to be changed and if that occurs on one little corner of the internet then it's worth the fight.

So I am asking flubbs and others to refrain from using it in any negative connotation. The first one was a slip but these second two were clearly meant as insults to cp as he was the original person who asked that gay not be used as a slur. It is also insulting munk that you would argue that flubbs was calling those posts happy. It was clearly calling the posts and logic terrible and using the word gay to do it. I know it, you know it we all know it. You don't have to agree with me and would prefer not to make a big deal out of it.

/stepping of my soapbox.

For me flubbs simply committing to not using gay as a slur ends the issue.

At work again, been a long week so far, and I'm moving to a new apartment so I haven't/prob won't be as active as I would like, but anyways...

I hate acting like anything is a slur if someone is offended. I guess that means you should never call something 'stupid' because all the IQ challenged people of the world may get offended. Don't call it lame either, since all the cripples may take offense. I can keep going. Being 'PC' ruins the English language and destroys freedom of speech.
Originalchris
Originalchris
Goon
Originalchris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:55 am

Post by Originalchris »

Will post actual relevant stuff after work sometime. But yeah, let's stop crying about words someone uses that has nothing to do with them being scum or not.
Munkir
Munkir
Townie
Munkir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Munkir »

@Flubbernugget

I'm not so sure crazypianist1116 is scum but then again I'm new to this whole thing and I have a tendency to be easily fooled.

@Originalchris

Sucks to be you as someone who has moved a lot its always a lot of work and hardly ever worth it
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:51 am

Post by kuror0 »

Well i got bored out of this discussion and if someone is not ok whit any slur someone is using feel free to refer the mod if it is against the rules or not, if he has to be replaced so be it I don't take personal preferences and play style as alignment indicative unless you can HEAVILY support it whit player meta, but Im not into that for the moment.

Someone being over aggressive without any point I take it as anti town but that alone I can't support a lynch for that person when i got stronger reads on others.

@Munkir I would advice against following other people reads, if you are town and want to improve your game start making your own reads and try to sustain those reads whit concrete ideas.

While I find amusing Naomi's way I must agree whit most of what pianist said regarding post count and times voted is not alignment indicative, it is more a play style imo. Also feel like that was the easy exit to make it look like she was actually doing some scumhunt.

and i had more stuff to add but forgot them so for now that's it.
Too lazy to be scum.
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Whomping Willow »

In post 577, Originalchris wrote:I hate acting like anything is a slur if someone is offended. I guess that means you should never call something 'stupid' because all the IQ challenged people of the world may get offended. Don't call it lame either, since all the cripples may take offense. I can keep going. Being 'PC' ruins the English language and destroys freedom of speech.

Freedom of Speech protects you from the government trying to sensor you, it does not stop people being called out for their idiotic behaviour and does not remove any consequences for what they say from other people. Regardless, this is a private site, no one has "freedom of speech" here, they are obligated to act under the rules of the game and behave in a manner at the discretion of the game moderator and site moderators. If a player is going out of their way to pointlessly act in a way that offends other users then they need to be warned or removed from the game. And it has absolutely nothing to do with whether you think people are being oversensitive, I'm gay and couldn't care less about people using the word gay as an insult, I've heard my entire life and it's completely normalised to me. However, I can distinguish between "this does not offend me" and "this offends other users and is not appropriate for a mafia game".

Please learn the terms you're using to soapbox your 'omg so controversial & edgy' opinions, before you embarrass yourself further.
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:04 am

In post 578, Originalchris wrote:Will post actual relevant stuff after work sometime. But yeah, let's stop crying about words someone uses that has nothing to do with them being scum or not.

If you really felt this way you wouldn't have made a comment right above this fanning the flames of the argument.
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:15 am

In post 213, Originalchris wrote:
In post 209, Whomping Willow wrote:
Your posts before this objectively had 0 original game relevant content. My posts prior to my wall had more content than your pre-wall posts. So... congrats on joining the game.

I disagree. Not about my FIRST POST OF THE GAME having no relevance prior to that (I completely agree with you on that part /sarcasm), but your wall post had zero content that I found useful.

You asked droog a bunch of stuff he had just answered and some speech about lurkers which would apply to any game. Your post had 0 original game relevant content, this is objectively true.

In post 213, Originalchris wrote:You latched onto the word "anyways" (attacking flames I believe) and said it looked forced as if that was somehow a scum tell and you were scum hunting.

If someone's post sounding forced isn't a scum tell, then explain to me why townies are more likely to have to force the content of their posts.

In post 213, Originalchris wrote:If anyone looks forced, it is you right now. It's really bad. You only "joined" the gamed (after a ton of stupid troll votes that were garnering you major anti-town vibes) after droog basically coached you into it. Now you're acting as if you've somehow set the bar for quality posts after you had to literally be told what to do by your possible scum buddy.

In post 115, Whomping Willow wrote:You guys are boring. I'll make a proper post later

In post 134, droog wrote:If whomp starts contributing
I will Unvote

In post 213, Originalchris wrote:
In post 209, Whomping Willow wrote:If he feels an RVS wagon is useless then what possible purpose could he see his RVS vote as having? Especially when he implied legitimate suspicion of droog. It doesn't look like he was actually interested in sorting droog to me, just wanting to look like he's doing something, as you said.

Correct, I'm not actually trying to sort droog out yet. I'm sorting you out. Also, are you accusing me of what you've been doing after droog coached you into posting something more than a vote change?

You weren't trying to sort him but you were asking him about something he did in the game? What were you trying to do by asking those questions then?
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:18 am

In post 214, Originalchris wrote:
In post 212, Whomping Willow wrote:Is that really all you found pertinent to comment on?

Are you serious right now? Are you trying to tell me what I can and cannot comment on?

No I was asking why, with all that had happened in the game, that was all you had to say.

The rest of your posts from that period are all address by you showing how droog and myself were not just sharing a scumread on you and that we were buddying and defending eachother. You've also said I did this for Naiomi. So I look forward to you giving us quotes of this.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Hey willow do you think pianist is scum?
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:51 am

Hi Flubber, I do not currently have a scumread on user crazypianist1116 no. That reminds me however, that he asked me something earlier.
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:59 am

In post 571, crazypianist1116 wrote:
In post 566, Whomping Willow wrote:Oc/AWA/Flames

Is this your proposed scum team? I'm curious why AWA is there.

Don't like his RVS excuse for not voting me at the beginning of the game, seems like he just didn't want to be tied to a vote, don't like him trying to leverage the whole slur rigmarole in to a wagon on Flubber by painting it as some kind of scum tactic.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:05 am

Post by droog »

willow i agree with you re: ochris
awa's post on flubber ("flubber's antitown, therefore scum") was scummy
why flames?
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:11 am

I can't for the life of me understand what his thought processes are, and not in an "I disagree" way, in a "this makes such little sense I can't see it coming from town" way, I did have a gut town read on him before, and he can tend to be mislynch bait, but it's just too much, for lack of a better way to put it. It is the weakest of my reads however.
Originalchris
Originalchris
Goon
Originalchris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Originalchris »

In post 581, Whomping Willow wrote:
Please learn the terms you're using to soapbox your 'omg so controversial & edgy' opinions, before you embarrass yourself further.

You really are a douchebag. I just think you should know this. I don't care what your sexual preference or anything else pertaining to the real life you is or isn't, but I can say that online, you are a total tool. I say this hoping that all the douchebags and tools of the world don't get offended by me adding you to their group.

As far as being controversial or edgy, neither thought ever crossed my mind. I stated my opinion, which is that being politically correct is blatantly stupid in all regards. If someone is mentally slow (for instance), why is it morally wrong to say "retarded?" The word "retard" was an integral part of the English language long before it ever became some sort of insult. The same goes for the word "gay," which in reality means nothing whatsoever about sexual preference. If anything, being gay (joyful, happy, cheerful) should be a good thing. Some random person took offense to this word though somewhere down the line, and all of a sudden it is "morally reprehensible" to use it. The same goes for "fag," which we've all heard is a bundle of sticks. Again, somewhere down the line, some overly sensitive individual was literally called a "bundle of sticks" and took such offense that the word itself became a slur. The real problem there lies in the first person who took such great offense to the word, rather than the idiots who attacked someone based on their sexuality.

Let us not forget that being PC is essentially just an over-compensation for stereotypes. That's understandable to a point, but really, it is a logical fallacy. Just because someone takes offense to something doesn't mean it isn't also true. Airports scan for arab/muslim individuals far closer than some white, 90-year old grandmother, but being PC would say that anyone has an equal chance to be a terrorist, and targeting arabs is racial profiling. The issue is that while it is true that anyone can be a potential terrorist, it is far more likely that someone from a middle-eastern nation would be far more likely to be involved in an Islamic terrorist organization than the white, 90 year old grandmother from the suburbs. If in the future, there is a large upswing of white, 90 year old grandmother terrorist groups, I'm positive that they will be targeted at airports as well.

All that being said, my point is that words are words no matter what. The INTENT of the word is what really matters, rather than what the exact word is. You hear people call each other the N word multiple times, even though the word's root is based on slavery and oppression of African Americans, but in the modern age, people mostly use it as a term of endearment. Should you be offended by this? Yes/No? Politically correctness says you should, regardless of the usage of the word. I find this stupid.

So yeah, call me 'controversial and edgy' for having an opinion if you want, but I simply call it an opinion. You bashing that opinion for no reason, assuming to know my mindset (I'm not sure why you'd ever think you would know what I'm thinking, but you aren't very good with the whole intuition thing), and assuming I would be embarrassed for stating my opinion means frankly that you are a self-centered asshole with no understanding of other people's motives, thought processes, or personalities.

That being said as well, you claim Flames is scummy due to you not being able to figure out his thought process. I think you probably have trouble doing this with everyone, so it's no surprise to me if you assume anyone that thinks on different wave-lengths are scummy. You and Droog agree on everything, so naturally you assume you both are town, but that's another fallacy which I think is based on your personality. A lack of intuition in the game of mafia means you either go the ultra-logical statistical route (sort of like what Naomi tried), or you simply remain bad at the game due to being naturally deficient at reading people.
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:15 pm

I've only fully read the last paragraph, and I shouldn't have posted that comment to you in the first place, we should all just drop this topic now, we're just creating a headache for the mod, sorry for perpetuating it.

And no. I'm not reading Flames as scum because he "thinks on different wave-lengths", please actually respond to my posts, instead of just finding one part to twist to discredit.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

vc... was gonna happen but there's no new votes up to this post.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Regarding the uncomfortable language usage, because the word wasn't directed to the players themselves but a play by the context, I'm not going to make an major action towards it but a warning of not using that word again for a negative critique.
Thank you for understanding.

~Mod
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 pm

In post 551, droog wrote:
In post 548, Flubbernugget wrote:Btw being a piece of shit isn't scummy.

i have a sinking feeling flubber will end up town
not touching this wagon

Why?

I like your read on AWA.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:24 pm

In post 592, GuyInFreezer wrote:vc... was gonna happen but there's no new votes up to this post.

AWA changed his vote since last vc
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi mod
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:28 pm

why don't you
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:28 pm

have a pagetop
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

a
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”