Open 575: Friends & Enemies-Together At Last (OVER)

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

and Wgeurts' 172 is a completely organic 'the fuck?' response to that and he just plods ahead with it
beefycheese
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by Newbie »

In post 162, Mathdino wrote:
In post 140, wgeurts wrote:No, I'm voting because in that post there is some real scummy stuff. Just because Newbie voted me doesn't give im the right to be immune from me. The fact you're saying this
shows a weak
link
woth Newbie
, if he flips scum I'll be suspicious of you.

I just realised, you're mason fishing, aren't you? Interactive tells are very different in a mason game.

Yeah, this is enough for me to UNVOTE: Victor

VOTE: wgeurts

I think wgeurts' use of that word set the whole thing off.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

what the hell does 'link' mean in context that even hints at 'mason' and not 'scumbuddy'

i mean come on, he even elaborates in context in the same goddamn sentence
beefycheese
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Post by Mathdino »

If I may kindly direct everyone to post .
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by Newbie »

Right, but it's not like wgeurts would elaborate that he was masonfishing. He probably felt that last part was fluff since I wouldn't flip scum.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

111 is a non-attack
116 is a hedge, but the hedge is against the fact that he's defensive. Not scummy to me but whatever.
139 is a balk at an apparent OMGUS
161 is a balk at showing inconsistency wrt self-meta

i don't care about anything that came after 162 because that obviously didn't influence 162

this is all just 'reasons for a scumread' and that's fine, but nothing about any of that sets off anything that should make 162 inherently prone to accusations of mason fishing and I think that was a terrible inference to make there regardless of what the previous read was on the slot. It was definitely a bad reason for the vote switch. Both TTH and Silverwolf reacted negatively to that point and wgeurts just seemed confused by it. I really don't know what else to say about it.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 2254, Newbie wrote:Right, but it's not like wgeurts would elaborate that he was masonfishing. He probably felt that last part was fluff since I wouldn't flip scum.

Are you even listening to yourself? He was town; he had no fucking idea what you'd flip.
beefycheese
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by Newbie »

I think mathdino was working with the idea that wgeurts was scum and wgeurts knew what I would flip.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by Newbie »

I'm done for tonight. I just really don't think mathdino is scum.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 2254, Newbie wrote:Right, but it's not like wgeurts would elaborate that he was masonfishing. He probably felt that last part was fluff since I wouldn't flip scum.

Like what does this even mean? Even if I didn't know he was town, you have to jump through hoops to even get to a 'I'm masonfishing' interpretation there at all, and I don't see how anything Wgeurts did prior to that point at all supports that premise unless you argue that it's ok cause Mathdino was confbiasing due to his scumread.

p-edit: yes I can gather that this is his argument since it is the only even remotely sane one coming from town.

My argument is, and has always been, that the amount of confbias needed to genuinely interpret Wgeurts' 140 like Mathdino did to make post 162 stretches his credibility to the point that I think it is much, much more likely that he was fabricating the read. I just don't believe he genuinely thought that's what Wguerts was doing; it's pretty obvious to me that it wasn't, and it was obvious to TTH and Silverwolf too.

The fact that he brought Stack the Deck into it to prove a point is
even more scummy
because it is situationally wrong for so many reasons that I refuse to rehash.

I'm done for tonight too - I can't hammer this point any harder.
beefycheese
blindmewithscience
blindmewithscience
Townie
blindmewithscience
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by blindmewithscience »

In post 2205, borkjerfkin wrote:also inb4 we get no post from bmws ever again and we wait on replacement and get no extension cause mods can just make up whatever rules about deadlines they want without consultation

Return from the dead!!!!!
Yea, my life has just been really hectic this past week. I've just done a read through of everything, and damn, you guys can really confuse people and then reads around quickly :)

Anyways, phone posting now. My general thoughts:
2106-2142: MD-acryon argument that changed both of their reads, leading to an acryln unvote. It was basically MD talking about acryln sharing his reads, sheeping Borks argument, not really scum hunting. Acryon has been town for me, and this brought him only slightly closer to neutral. This also begins to lean MD to a sloghtly lower state of null scum. MD was actively encouraging him to scum hunt. At this point, I was somewhat confused.
2143-2174: first off, what a delicious prod. This section was newbie being "you guys are all scum reading me, just do something to get this over with, and pls lynch action". Not too much to say on this section. Still only kinda confused.
2175-2199(basically page 88): At this point, I began going like "whaaaaaaaaaa..." :D. Things got somewhat less confusing with 2202, but wow. Typos, misinterpretations, weird voting, everything.
, where did your vote in 2197 come from? WIFOM in 2199. I agree with the General sentiment of 2193.

While I can understand the misinterpretation my Newbie, I really don't know what to think about this page as a whole.

And then We get to more lovely stuff :D up until around 2240, it's just everyone resetting their reads, not much important that I saw.
: Do you want me to respond to your 2248 personally, or would you rather not have me in this?(just making sure, in case you want an "outside perspective" of me :) )
Hey Bork: I understand your frustrations with MD and the whole wgeurts role fishing rhing. To me, I can see how the arguments from either side could make sense.
If anything happens overnight, I'll be back tomorrow morning for a while.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I'm not planning on responding to 2248, so you can go ahead if you feel like it.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:26 am

Post by acryon »

Just got back in this morning. Reading over, and I'll have my comments shortly.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:55 am

Post by acryon »

Newbie’s whole flip-flop on Dino is obviously extremely weird. I suppose this could come from very confused town feeling backed into a corner, but I am more inclined to believe it comes from flailing scum. Why Newbie voted BMWS is also quite weird and I’m not sure why there is a resistance to bring a case on me. The seemingly empty scum-case on me feels similar to the seemingly empty town-case on Mathdino from Newbie. Town tend to have reasons for their reads, and the reluctance to give good ones doesn't feel right.

I feel like it
has
to be one of Mathdino/Newbie at this point, and I think these last two pages while I was gone hammered that in even more-so. I want to be skeptical and believe that BMWS could be scum so I don’t feel dumb later, but just sounds really town.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:02 am

Post by reinoe »

MOD STUFF

Classic

VOTE COUNT!!!!

borkjerkfin-
Newbie- mathdino, acryon (L-1)
Mathdino-
blindmewithscience-newbie (L-2)
acryon-

not voting- blindmewithscience, borkjerfkin

With 5 Alive it's 3 to lynch.

Day ends in (expired on 2014-11-23 07:00:00)

Reykjavik is really hard to pronounce.

Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 2260, blindmewithscience wrote:
: Do you want me to respond to your 2248 personally, or would you rather not have me in this?(just making sure, in case you want an "outside perspective" of me :) )

Go ahead.

In post 2261, Mathdino wrote:I'm not planning on responding to 2248, so you can go ahead if you feel like it.

So you want me to unvote bmws, but you won't engage me on it? K. Now I understand how bork felt.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Uh, no, I want BMWS to respond to it. If I try to engage it's just gonna end up in a cesspool of WIFOM.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1580, Wisdom wrote:I could look at Riddle and Constantine again. Maybe blindmewithscience. You, newbie, acryon and wgeurts are not people I would be lynching anytime soon.
In post 1633, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1627, Mathdino wrote:Newbie confirmed town.

Agreed, this was one of the reasons I got a townread on Newbie, the way she thought I may be a mason felt really genuine.
In post 1636, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1627, Mathdino wrote:and Wisdom flips town, Newbie is scum.

Nah, doubt it
In post 1674, Wisdom wrote:Solely via PoE, prolly blindmewithscience
In post 1678, Wisdom wrote:But don't really think it's acryon. His case and general attitude on me feels tunnely town. I expect scum to either be fairly neutral or WK me, in order to extract max cred with my flip. Which is why blindmewithscience and especially Constantine fit.

In post 1704, Wisdom wrote:You had my thoughts already. Constantine and blindme most likely. Outside chance on Riddle.

I don't actually have any thoughts on this, but I had nothing better to do.
blindmewithscience
blindmewithscience
Townie
blindmewithscience
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Post by blindmewithscience »

Sorry for this short response, but it's late at night and I'm tired and phone posting. Also apologies for no links or spoilers or yada yada yada.
1. With this statement, you make the assumption that either me or acryon is scum. You find that both avryon and I have had interactions with twenties that don't seem like they're scum-scum interactions. You then implicitly state that because wine of us must be scum, this point for me as town is null. Because your assumption contradicts the conclusion, you say the conclusion is wrong. But from my perspective (and I believe MD's as well) the assumption is wrong. This leads to an eventual incorrect conclusion.
2-3. towards the end of day 2, I just became really confused about everything. My reads ha d changed, the masonteam claimed, and tons of other stuff happened. I didn't want to vote until I could clear up things for me (you might be able to see this confusion in my late day posts. Idk though.) also note my V/LA for the last part of the day.
4-6. I feel like there's bo way to say something to respond to this point that would be any good. I guess you'd just have to trust me in this, but I don't consider myself a person that does things for towncred--i just do things that help me to determine scum (or clear up whatever someone said :D )
Super tired atm. Tell me if anything I said above is blatantly wrong or just superconfusing. I shift any and all blame to The earths rotation :D
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by Mathdino »

BMWS, I'm pretty sure you as scum would be someone who does stuff for towncred, considering that's half the point of being scum. Your response to 4-6 rests on the notion of your being town; most not-horrible town don't go for towncred.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:18 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

VOTE: mathdino
beefycheese
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:04 am

Post by reinoe »

Acryon has received a bacon cheeseburger flavored prod!
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:06 am

Post by acryon »

Whoops, I didn't realize it had been so long. I'm here, but afraid I don't have anything much extra to add at this point since not much has happened since my last post.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:07 am

Post by acryon »

Although the prod was delicious, so I'm almost glad I got it.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:37 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

why has your vote been sticky on newbie ever since ?
beefycheese

Return to “Completed Open Games”