Shiny Hydreigon
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Shiny Hydreigon »

In post 170, KittyCupCake wrote:Also, if you don't care about the game, why play?

Come again? I missed you the first few times. I am in the process of rereading, I am current but I could not tell you what has happened thus far.

I do remember distinctly missing Titus though.
Hydreigon, the Brutal Pokemon.
They are scary.
They consume and destroy everything.
If you so much as move, you are a foe.
Shiny Hydreigon
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Shiny Hydreigon »

~M^
Hydreigon, the Brutal Pokemon.
They are scary.
They consume and destroy everything.
If you so much as move, you are a foe.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:39 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 155, KittyCupCake wrote:Oh, I got that it was a joke; I was simply talking about how it came across. -But, this isn't something you need to defend against. I understand that people feel this...
obligation
to be funny in RVS, regardless of alignment. I was only saying that, while I agreed that the post in question was a little awkward, I didn't think it meant anything useful.

Fair enough.

In post 166, Total Wreck wrote:Nah, not really.

Meta House, I don't care about pressure votes. Or real ones, for that matter.

By all means, get yourself lynched stupidly and cost town information and time.

In post 167, KittyCupCake wrote:TW, to clarify, I'm interested because I didn't vote mastin or say I thought she was scum there, and she doesn't have a wagon on her or anything, so you jumping up and declaring her town when I just asked her a question feels
really
weird. So, any insight you can give me into what was going on in your head back there would be helpful.

I definitely don't have enough info from Mastin yet to call her town.
Total Wreck
Total Wreck
Goon
Total Wreck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Total Wreck »

In post 177, Paschendale wrote:
In post 155, KittyCupCake wrote:Oh, I got that it was a joke; I was simply talking about how it came across. -But, this isn't something you need to defend against. I understand that people feel this...
obligation
to be funny in RVS, regardless of alignment. I was only saying that, while I agreed that the post in question was a little awkward, I didn't think it meant anything useful.

Fair enough.

In post 167, KittyCupCake wrote:TW, to clarify, I'm interested because I didn't vote mastin or say I thought she was scum there, and she doesn't have a wagon on her or anything, so you jumping up and declaring her town when I just asked her a question feels
really
weird. So, any insight you can give me into what was going on in your head back there would be helpful.

I definitely don't have enough info from Mastin yet to call her town.

If town wants to jump at shadows, it's no skin off my teeth.
KittyCupCake
KittyCupCake
Goon
KittyCupCake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:04 am

Post by KittyCupCake »

In post 174, Total Wreck wrote:That might be how you interpret the game, but you have no idea what I care about
Okay, so why don't you explain that to me then? -What
do
you care about?
In post 178, Total Wreck wrote:If town wants to jump at shadows, it's no skin off my teeth.
Look, this is how this works: I see something weird, and I ask the person why. Then, you can either respond constructively, and help the town by sharing some insight into your thought process and alignment, or you can hurt the town by being difficult.
Total Wreck
Total Wreck
Goon
Total Wreck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Total Wreck »

In post 179, KittyCupCake wrote:
In post 174, Total Wreck wrote:That might be how you interpret the game, but you have no idea what I care about
Okay, so why don't you explain that to me then? -What
do
you care about?
In post 178, Total Wreck wrote:If town wants to jump at shadows, it's no skin off my teeth.
Look, this is how this works: I see something weird, and I ask the person why. Then, you can either respond constructively, and help the town by sharing some insight into your thought process and alignment, or you can hurt the town by being difficult.

Difficult IS my thought process. As far as what I care about, it's the puzzle.

Who is scum? Who will they kill? Why? Is there an SK, or is it a vig? Why would town do "x"? Why wouldn't scum do "y"?

What others think of
me
doesn't matter to me. I'm more concerned with what I think of others.

Your insistence on pushing me over this makes me lean town on you, because it would be easier for scum to write off my attitude as scummy for an easy mislynch.
Total Wreck
Total Wreck
Goon
Total Wreck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Total Wreck »

In post 175, Shiny Hydreigon wrote:
I do remember distinctly missing Titus though.

That makes two of us.

- House
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:49 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm pretty comfortable with my scum read of kcc at this point.
The back and forth between tw and her was pretty garbage scum hunting and inquiry from kcc
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
KittyCupCake
KittyCupCake
Goon
KittyCupCake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:01 am

Post by KittyCupCake »

In post 180, Total Wreck wrote:
Difficult IS my thought process. As far as what I care about, it's the puzzle.

Who is scum? Who will they kill? Why? Is there an SK, or is it a vig? Why would town do "x"? Why wouldn't scum do "y"?

What others think of
me
doesn't matter to me. I'm more concerned with what I think of others.

Thank you, that's great. I can appreciate and understand that. But, do you think you could consider that you aren't the only person playing this game? -I'm trying to work out the puzzle as well, but you're effectively hiding some of the pieces from me.
You
may not actually care about being voted, but displaying that attitude is bad for
my
game experience and hinders
my
ability to solve the puzzle. So, if you could take that into consideration, I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, I'll give you a little puzzle to work out. Let's say, hypothetically, one player asked another player a question, without saying anything regarding their alignment. Then, a third player proclaims the second player town. -Why might town do that?
KittyCupCake
KittyCupCake
Goon
KittyCupCake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:03 am

Post by KittyCupCake »

In post 182, farside22 wrote:The back and forth between tw and her was pretty garbage scum hunting and inquiry from kcc
Less than half of that was scum hunting.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Pine »

...umm, exactly
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
KittyCupCake
KittyCupCake
Goon
KittyCupCake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by KittyCupCake »

In post 185, Pine wrote:...umm, exactly
And the rest was making sure scum hunting is a thing that's possible in this game. The second you allow people to just pick and choose where they feel like responding, things start to go downhill quickly.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 87, mastin2 wrote:
Anyway, Total Wreck is probably town.

Why?

Because it'd never be this easy to lynch them as scum. :P

Do you have some experience with House that would back this assertion up?

In post 95, DOMO wrote:I think I've played with pasch once and he was lynch bait, everything he seemed to do was scummy. I think I was scum in that game. I could be remembering badly though. It was back in my reverend days. His comment about everything he posts looking scummy, it pinged but then again town can ping. I'm in no hurry to jump on pasch.

mastin's lunge at me is extremely fabricated. She's gone from "best guess for #3" in the first of a flurry of five posts, then the next four all mention me casually as scum. But there's no reason for it whatsoever. At best it's a bad gut read, at worst she's looking for targets. Feels a lot more like the latter. She's concerned about my first vote? That makes no sense.

VOTE: mastin

:neutral:

In post 114, KittyCupCake wrote:
In post 80, Bulbazak wrote:This feels fake:

In post 40, Paschendale wrote:Using magic to trick someone instead of True Love™... I just won't stand for it!

VOTE: Total Wreck

Seems the scummiest out of the 5 people talking.

The first line feels a bit... forced? -Maybe? But that's not uncommon in RVS.

True, but this felt more forced than usual.

In post 114, KittyCupCake wrote:
In post 102, DOMO wrote:This feels awkward. The vote is obviously a rvs joke, farside was yet to post at this stage. But the tone of the post feels unnatural.
That's a good read. I tend to revise my posts heavily while making them. So, I'm not at all surprised if they come off sounding a bit less than organic. However, on the plus side, they tend to be very clear and free of errors, so there is little miscommunication.
In post 103, farside22 wrote:Anyways long story short I find it odd she proclaims me as scum. Typically when I've gad votes of that nature as a joke it was because the player has played with me when I'm scum and doesn't trust me.
Her reference of me is a town hammer, hence the scum read I have on her for weird reasons.
I couldn't very well have random voted you for being
town
, now could I?

In post 115, KittyCupCake wrote:
In post 88, mastin2 wrote:IF they're scum, though, DOMO's the vote standing out the most on them.

And what if they're town? Which votes stand out then?

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy playing with you, BTW.

Combined with her statement to DOMO makes me think buddying scum.

In post 122, mastin2 wrote:
In post 94, farside22 wrote:Everything I read from pasche reads exaggerated, explain town read.
Pasch is the player least guilty of exaggerating of those who could ever be accused of exaggerating. You'd have better luck accusing me of exaggerating.

Um...What? Try again.

In post 92, Shiny Hydreigon wrote:what is scummy about domo and romitelli?
I didn't say they were scummy; I said they were scum! :P

Which I know because of my VAST wealth of experience, and me seeing things nobody else sees.

You want me talking about people who're scummy (though probably not scum), well, then, that'd be the Total Wreck of a hydra. ;)

Semantics are cute and all, but this is a non-answer. Try again.

Kitty's #128 is better, as is Pasch's #130.

In post 129, Total Wreck wrote:
That mastin is reading me as town despite my... peccadilloes... speaks either to her experience & insight, or her possession of outside knowledge (if she is scum, of course she knows I'm not... but why would she say so?)

I'm of the mind that she is town and worth listening to.

What makes you think she is town rather than WKing scum?

In post 146, Total Wreck wrote:
In post 143, DOMO wrote:
In post 138, Pine wrote:Arright, between TW, Mastina, Farside and I, this game should go smoothly

I don't trust mastin. Otherwise I'm good with this group.

Are you high? I townread mastin more than either of the others right now. Even me.

In post 177, Paschendale wrote:

Good feelings gone now.

In post 182, farside22 wrote:I'm pretty comfortable with my scum read of kcc at this point.
The back and forth between tw and her was pretty garbage scum hunting and inquiry from kcc

Really? Because I thought it illustrated a pretty solid town mindset.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Aronis »

VOTE: kittycupcake

She's not even trying to look town.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I'm here, loosely watching all my games and checking in as I can, but keep in mind I have a major project due tomorrow, which I have yet to write a single word of. Might not be at 100%.

By the way, just establishing this in advance: I can't read Pine worth a damn, and it wouldn't be a surprise either way if Pine has lost his ability to read me or still has his ability to read me (I can see either true in equal amounts), but he's at least posting townish-sounding things. That's good enough for him to get the pass from me. You're not gonna see me defending him, but he's at the spot where he's not someone I hold interest in lynching, either.
In post 127, DOMO wrote:Which game was this mastin? Your name is familiar but I can't remember what game we've played.
Maybe the micro?

In post 130, Paschendale wrote:I honestly have no idea what this means.
Simple, really. There are some players who in no way, shape, or form could ever be accused of exaggerating their content; you know what comes from them was natural. Then, there are other players, the majority of players, who
could
be seen, from certain angles, to have exaggerated their posting. Your name is in that list, as is mine. But of the names in the list, yours is at the bottom to the point where it'd almost be off the list. In short, your posting's so not exaggerated that it'd be almost-impossible to argue it was. (Almost, but not quite.) In other words, the point about you being scummy for it is wrong.

In post 128, KittyCupCake wrote:
In post 115, KittyCupCake wrote:
In post 88, mastin2 wrote:IF they're scum, though, DOMO's the vote standing out the most on them.
And what if they're town? Which votes stand out then?
Well, DOMO's still stands out, but less so. Bulb's stands out a bit more, though.
Interesting. -That is not an answer I expected. Can you further explain the following for me then?
In post 89, mastin2 wrote:Total Wreck is as discussed likely town in spite of the suspicion I'd otherwise have on 'em.
In post 89, mastin2 wrote:Bulb looks town but I wouldn't say he's done anything that's alignment-indicative. (Hey, he's competent as scum.)
-Specifically, how are you reading
both
TW
and
Bulb as likely town, even noting that you've seen nothing alignment-indicative from Bulb, but also think that Bulb's vote would look bad on that wagon if TW is town?
I'm not reading Bulb as likely town? I said I don't think he's said anything alignment-indicative even though what he says looks town. That's a fancily-worded null, which is exactly what he was on the list. (Admittedly, Total Wreck likely shoulda been above him, as a not-quite-null, but still fancily-worded-mostly-null, read.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 156, Romitelli wrote:
In post 96, Romitelli wrote:
In post 90, mastin2 wrote:Still, though. Whoever else may be scum, Romitelli IS scum, soyeah.
:lol:
Do go on.
Still waiting.
And you'll be waiting for a while, since I don't feel like explaining it right now. It's just really, really,
really
obvious. Even a blind old person could see it.

Like, I have doubts on basically every read of mine (yes, to some extent even on DOMO), except my read on you.
I rarely get this confident on a read, but in this case I just so happen to
know
it's right. Hard to explain.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 182, farside22 wrote:I'm pretty comfortable with my scum read of kcc at this point.
Quite the opposite: the kcc-tw interaction couldn't have been more town-town.

In post 187, Bulbazak wrote:Do you have some experience with House that would back this assertion up?
If you want hard, physical links, no, I do not. Like I'd remember the games. But, yes. I've had plenty of games where I've read and House was a player that back this up. Add in Titus, which you also know to be somewhat-accurate (she rarely gets lynched when scum without PR results on her these days--which are admittedly fairly common), and you've got both halves of the hydra that I can make this statement about assuredly. They wouldn't be getting wagoned like this if they were actually scum.

In post 122, mastin2 wrote:I didn't say they were scummy; I said they were scum. Which I know because of my VAST wealth of experience, and me seeing things nobody else sees. You want me talking about people who're scummy (though probably not scum), well, then, that'd be the Total Wreck of a hydra.
Semantics are cute and all, but this is a non-answer. Try again.
That was no mere semantics debate. When I said I meant scum, not scummy, it carried weight. TW is scummy. I don't think TW is scum. I am as sure as I'll let myself be that Romitelli is scum, and I have a fair amount of confidence (albeit not as much as I'd prefer) that DOMO is scum as well. I answered like that rather deliberately, by the way. (I have my reasons.) Needless to say, you can trust me.

Romitelli will flip scum. I'm not bothering to explain why right now, but that doesn't change the accuracy of the statement.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Shiny Hydreigon
DoubleSlap
KittyCupcake
Total Wreck

Pine
Paschendale
farside22

Phidragon
Aronis
Bulbazak

DOMO
Romitelli

Updated. Note my Bulb read hasn't really changed that much, just my evaluation of where said read is. I place him underneath Aronis/Phidragon, yet all three names there are interchangeable. Note also that my Pasch read hasn't changed: my TW read just got upgraded, and I reassessed the placement of farside to be slightly higher, plus Pine hanging out at the next-best thing to a PINE category positionally-wise.
My academy.
Agnigi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by Pine »

I love it when you put me in my own "Pine" category. The fact that, years later, you've still got no read on me...delicious
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Doubleslap
Doubleslap
Goon
Doubleslap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Post by Doubleslap »

mastin i have absolutely no idea why you think we're town

but i'll take it

"Although each slap is weak, this attack hits the target two to five times in succession."
A hydra of Marquis and Seohyun.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm phone posting and feeling lazy atm so here is a few quotes from kcc and below the quotes are my issues.

really

In post 168, KittyCupCake wrote:Also, if you don't care about the game, why play?

In post 159, KittyCupCake wrote:
In post 157, Total Wreck wrote:I simply stated my opinion.

If I give an order, I'm not subtle about it.
Okay. But,
why?
-I asked her a question; why step in there and assert that she is town?

In post 161, KittyCupCake wrote:
In post 160, Total Wreck wrote:I felt like it.

Dwell on an inconsequential reply if you want to, but I find it to be unproductive.
Yep. Unproductive. How could trying to discern people's motivations possibly be of any use in a game of mafia?

Also, thanks for hand waving it rather than giving me an actual answer. [/sarcasm]

The start of this was tw comment about Martin.
He anwsers the main crux of kcc' issue, but why the snarky response is scummy is very unclear.
As things continue she looks to be picking a fight rather then trying to understand and it comes across as a dislike of his playstyle, which is not scummy at all.
The vote puts tw at, I think, l-2.
It just reads to me as a reason to join the wagon on tw after everything is said and done.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 194, Doubleslap wrote:mastin i have absolutely no idea why you think we're town

but i'll take it

Should you not be concerned when randomly towned?

mastin not convincing me.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 191, mastin2 wrote:Needless to say, you can trust me.

No. Saying you can be trusted does not make you trustworthy. I don't expect anyone to trust me just because I say so. I expect to earn people's trust by scumhunting and generally showing my hand as a townie. I don't see why town says what you say here. I don't see why town expects to be trusted on d1 so easily. I'd expect town to be thinking that trust is earned, not demanded.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 188, Aronis wrote:VOTE: kittycupcake

She's not even trying to look town.

Explain why you think that.

In post 192, mastin2 wrote:Shiny Hydreigon
DoubleSlap
KittyCupcake
Total Wreck

Pine
Paschendale
farside22

Phidragon
Aronis
Bulbazak

DOMO
Romitelli

Updated. Note my Bulb read hasn't really changed that much, just my evaluation of where said read is. I place him underneath Aronis/Phidragon, yet all three names there are interchangeable. Note also that my Pasch read hasn't changed: my TW read just got upgraded, and I reassessed the placement of farside to be slightly higher, plus Pine hanging out at the next-best thing to a PINE category positionally-wise.

Tell me after you read my last thoughts on the argument if you agree or disagree and why.

In post 193, Pine wrote:I love it when you put me in my own "Pine" category. The fact that, years later, you've still got no read on me...delicious

I'll tell you I'm not under the same impression as Mastin.
Who are you scum reading and why.

Doubleslap: same question to you that I asked pine.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:51 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 190, mastin2 wrote:
In post 156, Romitelli wrote:
In post 96, Romitelli wrote:
In post 90, mastin2 wrote:Still, though. Whoever else may be scum, Romitelli IS scum, soyeah.
:lol:
Do go on.
Still waiting.
And you'll be waiting for a while, since I don't feel like explaining it right now. It's just really, really,
really
obvious. Even a blind old person could see it.

Like, I have doubts on basically every read of mine (yes, to some extent even on DOMO), except my read on you.
I rarely get this confident on a read, but in this case I just so happen to
know
it's right. Hard to explain.

This post here is the first time mastin actually engages rom directly. The scum read that mastin has on rom makes absolutely no sense at all. I just ISO'd rom and I'm at a loss. I'm not saying rom is obvtown because he's not, but he's far from obvscum. I see nothing scummy. mastin is going to have to explain this because right now it looks a lot to me like she's bullshitting scumreads, and we all know which alignment that points to.

According to mastin's ISO, she picked up an insta scum read on rom based on his RVS vote on me. Funny how it pinged mastin but not me. Anyway, mastin just continues to call him scum without explaining, before she finally talks directly to rom, where she refuses to expand on her scum read.

VOTE: mastin

It's not ok to call someone scum without explaining why you think so, certainly not if you're going to use langauge like "know", in italics. Explain you scum read on rom, or swing from rope.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”