Micro 417: <Everyone is Against Me?!> GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
A N Onymous
A N Onymous
Townie
A N Onymous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 am

Post by A N Onymous »

In post 73, mandytastykitty3 wrote:
In post 55, A N Onymous wrote:Seems the active player who most happy just to sit back and let this happen, which is what I'd expect scum to be doing right now.

what are you even talking about
what am i sitting back and letting happen
what happened that was so important that i should have been here to comment on instantly

My wagon. You voted for me, and explained you "don't like the serious so soon, it looks fake-helpful". Then there were quite a few posts on this - from me, Vux, me, Oscar, Vux and Duality. You didn't respond - in fact, you haven't posted about it since I first did. It feels like you were quite content to sit back and watch a wagon on me, without really trying to work out whether I'm scum or not.

I agree with the above post on SoC, though. I don't think mandy's ISO is either "close to zero content" or "loaded with IIoA".

On Duality; what OW is really saying is that Duality is sheeping without acknowledging it, and that he transformed a random vote on me into a serious vote without being explicit about it. Those are both true; I'm not that convinced either of them is scummy.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Gorkington »

will vote mandy if she ignores me one more time:
Gorkington wrote:yoh mandy why is Anon being tryhard but SoC not?

oscar also ignored me.

what's the point in playing if people are just going to ignore me?

Vulixeon is being overly careful. hesitance on voting for mandy reads as being nervous to me.
Vulixeon wrote:Looking back at it, it does look like he was trying too hard.

are you scumreading him for that then? why're you keeping constantine RVS vote when you clearly have better suspicions to push?

VOTE: Vulixeon
mandytastykitty3
mandytastykitty3
Townie
mandytastykitty3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 am

Post by mandytastykitty3 »

i didn't see your question
but when did i say string wasn't?
just because i noticed something happening with a certain player/post doesn't mean you should expect me to notice everything at the same time. it's not that black and white
the anon post caught my eye so i was looking more in-depth at him specifically. i don't pay attention to and don't focus on everything at once which is also probably why i missed your question
also if you didn't read it i called string out in my last post with the quote. you could call him being tryhard in that quote too, but it actually goes a bit further into faking a read and vote reason
mandytastykitty3
mandytastykitty3
Townie
mandytastykitty3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:24 am

Post by mandytastykitty3 »

In post 75, A N Onymous wrote:
In post 73, mandytastykitty3 wrote:
In post 55, A N Onymous wrote:Seems the active player who most happy just to sit back and let this happen, which is what I'd expect scum to be doing right now.

what are you even talking about
what am i sitting back and letting happen
what happened that was so important that i should have been here to comment on instantly

My wagon. You voted for me, and explained you "don't like the serious so soon, it looks fake-helpful". Then there were quite a few posts on this - from me, Vux, me, Oscar, Vux and Duality. You didn't respond - in fact, you haven't posted about it since I first did. It feels like you were quite content to sit back and watch a wagon on me, without really trying to work out whether I'm scum or not.

I agree with the above post on SoC, though. I don't think mandy's ISO is either "close to zero content" or "loaded with IIoA".

so is it really so objectionable that i was waiting for something to happen?
there weren't any posts from you that anything more could really be drawn out of. the two posts you did make were useless to me and i didn't really care to encourage some of the other behavior that was going on
truth be told, i just didn't really care
thanks for the support with your second line. i'll determine at a later date whether you're trying to please me or if you genuinely feel that way
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:28 am

Post by Gorkington »

mandy
why did you assume I was on the offensive with you on that last question? felt like a pretty casual question to me.
was curious if there was some kind of difference in your eyes between Anon playing a little too tryhard when I also felt like SoC could be characterized as playing like that as well.
when people apply logic to one player and not another it always begs the question 'are they seeing these players differently because of alignment?'
will bold names from now on when I'm asking questions in the middle of posts.

will let SoC respond to your vote on him before commenting too much, but just wanted to say that to me your reasoning on him looks pretty OMGUSy
what do you make of Vulixeon?
Duality
Duality
Townie
Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Duality »

reads incoming
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

Guys
I think stringcheese might be scum.
Yes, I'm a bit grouchy. No, I don't live in a garbage can.
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

^Intentionally lame post from phone, will post more tonight at like 8pm pst or so.
Duality
Duality
Townie
Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Duality »

all of my reads aren't definite so they'll mostly be leanreads

hulk - leaning scum. i don't really like the "hulk smash" thing at the beginning but it's not scummy imo. the thing i see as scummy is that all he's really been doing is saying hulk smash with some reads unexplained. i'll most likely change my read if he does some work.

mandy - leaning town. not liking her early content but the tone reads town to me in response to the questions

anon - leaning town. not sure where you got the transition from rvs to serious vote, because that never happened. i like the response to my comment about your vote on the first page.

oscar - currently my biggest scumread. i don't like his post 16 where he says that hulk posted that before he got his role pm. it's clear that there was a confirmation stage pre-game. also he still hasn't given his "reasons" for string scum.

vulixeon - null, needs to post more, atm he hasn't really done much

gork - leantown. im liking his questioning and content which reads town to me.

string - null for now, seems to not really do much besides comment those who haven't posted much.

constantine - null, needs to post for me to get a read on him
Vulixeon
Vulixeon
Townie
Vulixeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Vulixeon »

Mandy's had a town response to the scumread on her so for now my read is changed to town on her. She also has a good point on string about his terrible scumread, which made me scumread SoC. Oscar you still haven't said your own reasons for your scumread on SoC though, which I'm still waiting to hear.

@Gork I'm not careful, it's early in the game and I'm not someone who votes whenever someone does anything just a little scummy, which is what Anonymous did. By the way, I do read "trying too hard" as small scummy, nothing significant, I can slightly see it as scum trying too hard to look town and scumhunt. Also I wait for people to respond to things because like mandy I can change my read based on reactions that people give. If someone's reaction is terrible after they've been scumread, that's when I vote them, unless they are significantly scummy for me to put a vote on them on the spot.
Duality
Duality
Townie
Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Duality »

i'm still not seeing the string scumread, someone explain it to me please.

oh yes and VOTE: string from my above posts reasons.
Duality
Duality
Townie
Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Duality »

whoops voted the wrong person

VOTE: oscar
stringofcharacters
stringofcharacters
Townie
stringofcharacters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by stringofcharacters »

In post 74, mandytastykitty3 wrote:
In post 57, stringofcharacters wrote:
In post 55, A N Onymous wrote:VOTE: mandytastykitty

Seems the active player who most happy just to sit back and let this happen, which is what I'd expect scum to be doing right now.

I'm seeing this too. Too many posts to quote (and I'm not feeling a wall post this early) but mandy's ISO has close to zero actual content and is loaded with IIoA.

VOTE: mandy

hello
VOTE: stringofcharacters
you're throwing buzzwords around
buzzword here is iioa, which stands for "information instead of analysis"
my posts earlier were rvs, important question, scumread vote, expression of suspicion, discussion of scumread vote, discussion of question, interesting note relating to how i can now more reliably read a player and warning to alts, related alt revelation comment, laughing at alt-email overdefensive antics
half of that was analysis/scumhunting, half of that was typical rvs/saying i know an alt identity or two now, because why not
practically none of it was me providing unhelpful information
your reason for voting me is bullshit and looks contrived, only propped up with that buzzword

While I agree that over-use of "buzzwords" can be a scum-tell, it's really all about context. It's not like there's a concrete list of things scum point out. If I think you're using a lot of IIoA, then I'm gonna say it.
(While were on this topic, I really think "buzzword" looks like a buzzword here...)

In post 75, A N Onymous wrote:I agree with the above post on SoC, though. I don't think mandy's ISO is either "close to zero content" or "loaded with IIoA".

Explain? I'll even go first. Next post.

In post 84, Vulixeon wrote:Mandy's had a town response to the scumread on her so for now my read is changed to town on her. She also has a good point on string about his terrible scumread, which made me scumread SoC. Oscar you still haven't said your own reasons for your scumread on SoC though, which I'm still waiting to hear.

I'm not gonna fight you about whether or not my scumread is "terrible". But why didn't you point it out sooner? You seemed perfectly content with my suspicion in .
stringofcharacters
stringofcharacters
Townie
stringofcharacters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Here are the posts I have an issue with.

In post 26, mandytastykitty3 wrote:
In post 11, A N Onymous wrote:VOTE: Oscar Wilde

For insulting soc's skill to undermine soc's vote on OW.

Please could everyone set an avatar? Makes the game way more readable.

dude either you seriously need to relax
or you're scum
your username suggests a mixture of the two
VOTE: anon

Not sure why he needs to relax here? (This has nothing to do with my IIoA thing really it just comes across as awkward and I'd like mandy to explain if this was a joke/RVS)

In post 27, mandytastykitty3 wrote:we know everyone here is an alt/hydra of some sort
That we do!

so grey hulk needs to stop pretending like they can easily fuck up the vote tags like that that many times
ok

quote walls with minimal added content are annoying
yes

like your greenness
what?

Fluffy? Yes! Useful? Hell no!
In post 32, mandytastykitty3 wrote:it's rvs
it's rvs in an alt game
i don't like the serious so soon
looks fake-helpful

Kinda the same deal with this one. Not as bad though imo.

In post 34, mandytastykitty3 wrote:hey vulixeon you probably want to disable the "users can contact you by email" option
it reveals your main
like really obviously

In post 35, mandytastykitty3 wrote:same for gorkington and anon!
hee hee

This is fine in itself but there's quite a few (mostly not quoted) "conversational" posts.

In post 49, mandytastykitty3 wrote:the butthurt!

This one bugged me a lot. Nearly 12 hours after her last post and 3 days until her next one. I get it, it was a weekend, so the 3 days after is excusable. But poking her head in for a two-word-long irrelevant post when there were actual questions addressed to her bugs me.
Vulixeon
Vulixeon
Townie
Vulixeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Vulixeon »

So basically you gave a bunch of bad reasons as an excuse to call mandy scum.

In post 87, stringofcharacters wrote:I'm not gonna fight you about whether or not my scumread is "terrible". But why didn't you point it out sooner? You seemed perfectly content with my suspicion in 59.

Because I didn't really go over mandy's ISO till today.
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

In post 56, stringofcharacters wrote:Urgh. I really hate gimmick alts. So fucking hard to read. Always come out null.
Hulk, if you are town and want us to read you as anything but null, drop the "hulk smash" shtick.

This post is more fake than your fake pointy eyebrows.
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

In post 83, Duality wrote:oscar - currently my biggest scumread. i don't like his post 16 where he says that hulk posted that before he got his role pm. it's clear that there was a confirmation stage pre-game. also he still hasn't given his "reasons" for string scum.

a) I was saying he likely thought of the post before he got his role PM. I realise that we all got our role PMs before the game started.
b) hello jello
stringofcharacters
stringofcharacters
Townie
stringofcharacters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:04 pm

In post 90, Oscar Wilde wrote:
In post 56, stringofcharacters wrote:Urgh. I really hate gimmick alts. So fucking hard to read. Always come out null.
Hulk, if you are town and want us to read you as anything but null, drop the "hulk smash" shtick.

I've complained about this before on my main. Nothing fake about it.
Duality
Duality
Townie
Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by Duality »

who is jello?

also oscar thank you for completely stating your reasons on string scum /s
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

In post 93, Duality wrote:who is jello?

also oscar thank you for completely stating your reasons on string scum /s

No problemo.
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

lame post incoming... wait for it
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

^stfu olivia i'm working here
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

In post 92, stringofcharacters wrote:
In post 90, Oscar Wilde wrote:

I've complained about this before on my main. Nothing fake about it.

Your complaint itself is legit. Gimmick alts are annoying.
But your tone is faker than pro wrestling.
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

i actually did like anonymous... but i'm not so sure how much i like post 75. because - ANO, those very things that you admitted to be true, are indeed scummy. you saying that you're not convinced... looks almost a little.... too rational (?) for my liking. ..if that makes sense. kinda like being the peace keeper, and not trying to make any ripples in the pond. .. same as when you mentioned that you're finding it difficult to get any scum reads.

-olivia
Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Oscar Wilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by Oscar Wilde »

In post 95, Oscar Wilde wrote:lame post incoming... wait for it

btw, the other head actually was working on a lame joke, but deleted it

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”