Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't like that neither STD nor ABR have responded to my earlier questions. ABR obviously has an excuse given his real-life situation (-hugs- to ABR) but STD still needs to answer.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I'm busy right now boo :(
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2217, Bookitty wrote:STD: Please make a case on me to go along with your vote.

gut
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Boo. I have townreads on both Albert and STD. Your propensity to scumread those who suspect you is mildly amusing.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Bookitty wrote:Why stick your neck out if you don't have to?

Would you stick your neck out as replacement scum in a game? Are you not at all worried about orci saying my scumgame isn't obvious?
q.q
You're making me so wary with this simplistic read on me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

What are people's thoughts on SMP? I have a scumread on him and I feel like he's getting lost/forgotten in all this.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

I reread his posts with "this guy might just have a weird tone" in mind and came away not minding him as much, though I'm remembering now that there was meta there
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2279, Brian Skies wrote:Boo. I have townreads on both Albert and STD. Your propensity to scumread those who suspect you is mildly amusing.

I admitted to as much. Are you saying you're not subject to OMGUS at all?

You won't even give your reads on people, so your condescending attitude is unearned. At least I have the guts to put my reads out there for evaluation and comment. You dole yours out like they're the Crown Jewels.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

Meant to say earlier, I felt like Albert was scum before rolefishgate, simply because I didn't have the impulse to lynch him for grating on my nerves yet.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2275, Bookitty wrote:I don't like that neither STD nor ABR have responded to my earlier questions. ABR obviously has an excuse given his real-life situation (-hugs- to ABR) but STD still needs to answer.

I'm pretty subject to OMGUS. But I'm pretty self aware and have gotten strong and accurate townreads on players that have suspected me.

So? The last time I checked I'm pretty close to being conftown. And you're just selectively griping over my refusal to give a reads list even though I don't see you bugging some other players about it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Ignore the quote.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

Well, your reads would be particularly useful for reasons you just cited...
Bartleby the Scrivener
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Brian Skies »

While I'm in support of the Lynx wagon, I frown on wagoning slots that can't claim or defend themselves. SMP has been lurking, summarizing the game, folowing popular consensus, and not offering any contributions to the thread in the form of opinions. Can I get more votes here please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2285, Brian Skies wrote:And you're just selectively griping over my refusal to give a reads list even though I don't see you bugging some other players about it.

Those other players didn't halfway offer to post a reads list and then act like a smug jerk once they were conftown.

Shockingly, they didn't irritate me nearly so much as you are by using your conftown position to sit back and snipe at people who are actually interested in playing the game. You could help us, but clearly that's not a priority for you.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

For just people suspecting me? Who's suspecting me?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:00 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

So I'm sorry but is there seriously a wagon on an NPC?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Pretty sure I was acting like a smug jerk before the confton status. I think derailing the Albert wagon onto one of my scumreads counts as me helping town.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2292, Brian Skies wrote:Pretty sure I was acting like a smug jerk before the confton status.

It's very difficult for me to stay angry with you when you post something like this.

Why is ABR so certainly town in your eyes, please?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:09 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Also could someone explain why there's a wagon on ABR too now?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2273, Brian Skies wrote:Result.

Did you look at the games I linked? He's generally proactive and he likes to bandwagon his scumreads.

I haven't yet, and probably won't get a chance to meta with scrutiny before tonight.

I think you're way off with your Albert rolefishing concerns. You even admit the amnesiac cop is two layers removed and I think it's because you're making more out of it than what's actually there.

Yes, it is two layers removed. So as scum, how do you dig for that? I think you do it by what ABR has done with orci. But, his behavior fits the narrative you're seeing and relating as well. I'm tempted to just bow to your meta experience, though what you've seen from town-ABR doesn't sound at all like what I've seen in the games he and I played.

What are your other scumreads? You're not getting Albert and I'll whiteknight and chainsaw the hell out of him if I have to.

My persons of concern currently are SMP, Konowa, and to some extent BPR and Saki. Cheerstory inherited a horrible looking slot, and I'm reading along on the links orci is digging up. I want to believe that Saki's turning over a new leaf but I have a good deal of skepticism that isn't going to be shushed by lack of followthrough. Lynx looked terrible as well, but I'm going to sit on that and watch how her replacement develops.

Maybe there is two scum among those. There are other players I see suspicion swirling in the game thread, particularly bookitty. I've liked his posts, though. When I have time, that's another meta research project.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

cheet i guess i just don't understand how the incidents you linked me are supposed to illustrate you being dumb as town?

and where is your head at right now in this game? what are you doing?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

UNVOTE
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I exaggerated points and didn't check specific details because I was overconfident that X player was scum in both cases.
EG:
Lyserg wrote:About the underlined statement: What... Hm, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but if I'm not, then I can tell you why: Because he made the vote for Young exactly before the Sion reaction test existed 0.0(?). Even ignoring that, why would you say Mex didn't realise it was that? I thought Mex's first comment here was acknowledging that Young was fishing for reactions, maybe I read that wrong (@Mex: Did I?).

Cheetory6 wrote:I might have actually missed the post you linked on my reread this morning, which I know sounds scummy, but I think I just saw this post:
viewtopic.php?p=279254#p279254
and assumed Mex didn’t acknowledge the fact that it was a reaction test. Does still kind of beg the question of why Mex was prodding for the reasoning behind his Sion vote, but I admit my reasoning is a little frailer than I had originally thought when I was responding to you and Tomma. I think I just got a bad vibe from Mex’s first few posts and then just tried to use whatever I could find to piece together some kind of case. If I’m honest, it was partially because everyone takes my gutvotes a lot less seriously and I wanted to make it be more than gut and a super frail reason. But I was definitely a bit careless with putting together my thoughts and ended up unintentionally making up some shit that Mex didn’t really do. I’ll try to take off the tunnel vision and analyze everything again, in the meantime I’ll still answer any questions anyone has for me while I try to see if I’m just being an idiot.

I almost got lynched for a combination of this and because of last minute D1 wagon shenanigans.

In the other game, I said Kami hadn't talked about Roger at all despite being asked to and used her being defensive about being vague in her responses to push a vote on her. Roger later pointed out that Kami did, in fact, talk about Roger at one point and that my points were misrepresentation based on me being careless with my push on her.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2295, fferyllt wrote:Yes, it is two layers removed. So as scum, how do you dig for that? I think you do it by what ABR has done with orci. But, his behavior fits the narrative you're seeing and relating as well. I'm tempted to just bow to your meta experience, though what you've seen from town-ABR doesn't sound at all like what I've seen in the games he and I played.

I'm not scum, so I wouldn't know.

I'm not asking you to bow to me. But I do feel strongly against this wagon and I don't see any indication of Albert looking to rolefish in those interactions.

In post 2295, fferyllt wrote:Cheerstory inherited a horrible looking slot, and I'm reading along on the links orci is digging up.

Nonexistent, maybe. But nothing about that slot looks horrible to me. We're talking about a slot that managed to generate two completely non-alignment indicative posts in the short timespan it was in the game. And not everyone can handle the workload of playing with this playerlist.

I've generally liked (although not necessarily agreed with) most of the thoughts and observations Chewtoy has made since replacing in. I'm not confident in that read, but I do think he's town.

In post 2295, fferyllt wrote:Lynx looked terrible as well, but I'm going to sit on that and watch how her replacement develops.

Yes, I have that slot about in line with my SMP scumread. Although I'm not really interested in wagoning someone that isn't in this game anymore. Regarding SMP, I've seen people suspect SMP, but I'm curious as to why the wagon has never taken off. Nothing he's done looks town-indicative for me and if he's scum, I'm wondering if his buddies are just holding onto that read to make themselves look better down the line.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”