He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 223, davesaz wrote:
In post 222, Aneninen wrote:
– or, you could have talked about OTHER PRs too. A I the only one who noticed that there had been a lot of talk about the Vig and the Vengeful while basicly nothing about other PRs?

Are you sure about that?

I didn't say that it would have been a good idea. I only said it would have been less scummy if she had done that.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 1.4

Amy Farrah Fowler
(4): Siveure DtTrikyp, Aneninen, droog, Flubbernugget
wgeurts
(2): Alchemist21, Mathdino
gangsta_duck41
(1): davesaz
Alchemist21
(1): farside22
Romitelli
(1): gangsta_duck41
Flubbernugget
(1): Hayate Yagami

Not Voting
(4): Amy Farrah Fowler, Romitelli, wgeurts, Venrob

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2014-12-07 08:00:00)
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by droog »

[quote=animem]Your readlist in 206 is WTF?! It looks as if you had chosen three players randomly so as to post something about them.[/quote]

That is in fact what Amy did
She admitted to giving reads on the players then posting
While she had the time
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 225, Aneninen wrote:
In post 223, davesaz wrote:
– or, you could have talked about OTHER PRs too. A I the only one who noticed that there had been a lot of talk about the Vig and the Vengeful while basicly nothing about other PRs?

Are you sure about that?

I didn't say that it would have been a good idea. I only said it would have been less scummy if she had done that.

Wrong end of the sentence. Are you sure there has been nothing about the other PRs?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Druuge, sorry I don't understand you.
Davesaz, maybe my memories are not correct but there were much more talk about the Vigilante and the Vengeful than everyithing else.

Or most probably I'm dumb now after drinking some wine which I must do every evening I get drowsy and I know I shouldn'T post anything. Sorry for being even more idiotique than I usually am olololololololol!
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Prodding Hayate Yagami
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

About dave, his play looks town and it also doesn't look rote. In particular I like #178.

It's a light read, but it's definitely enough to make me not want to go near him for a couple days.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: v/la till Friday
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 183, wgeurts wrote:Alchemist where's my double standard,
Anen, why would noob hard-claim?

I assumed wgeurts would read back and find the answer to this, but since he hasn't replied I'll repeat it.

124 - Droog openly sheeps Anem's case on Amy.

133 - Wgeurts calls Droog Town.

151 - Wgeurts votes Ane for sheeping Mathdino's case on Amy.

Now my question to wgeurts: Why do you think it's scummy for Ane to sheep Mathdino but not for Droog to sheep Ane? Also, it doesn't look at all like Ane sheeped Mathdino's case in the first place, so I don't know how you even came to that conclusion.
Romitelli
Romitelli
Goon
Romitelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:32 am

Post by Romitelli »

@Droog,
I'd like your opinion on the scenarios I proposed to you in .

@Amy.

I feel that this statement:

In post 206, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:On the other hand, I don't like him dragging the theory discussion on and on, and while we did still get game-related posts from him, it seems like an easy way to beef up one's ISO and natter on about something that looks like participation.

Contradicts heavily with this previous statement:

In post 201, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Regarding the second point, there was hardly anything else I had to talk about. And if you can't beat them then join them. I don't want to lurk about at the start of a game.

You're saying that Mathdino is scummy for dragging out the setup spec discussion just to "beef up" his ISO, yet you previously said you had joined such discussion in the first place because there was nothing else to talk about and you didn't want to lurk.

How are these two situations any different?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:53 am

Post by droog »

In post 159, Romitelli wrote:Fake speculation? Adding to an ongoing discussion just to appear active?

not sure what the first means
honestly hadnt considered the latter
mostly because, as scum, thats something that would never occur to me

since amy is and was contributing to other discussions
this doesnt seem like a great scumtell regardless
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:01 am

Post by droog »

In post 222, Aneninen wrote:Your readlist in 206 is WTF?! It looks as if you had chosen three players randomly so as to post something about them.

amy admitted such

In post 206, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:While I can be assed to do this, let's make a small reads list,
right now of the people who have posted within the last hour
as of typing this line up.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:02 am

Post by droog »

town read on alchemist, he seems pretty straightforward and probing
wgeurts is lightly pinging my scumdar. not like he did when i played him scum last though
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:05 am

Post by droog »

i was going to unvote amy because i dont have a strong scumread there
then i realized i dont have any stronger scumreads
now im not sure how i like the anem io

something about this post sets me off

In post 182, Aneninen wrote:
In post 174, Mathdino wrote:
In post 161, wgeurts wrote:Ah, anen responded.
Could you consider the possibility of her being scared as noob with her being vigilante or something. That's my paranoia, if we lynch her she could be a legit town vig. What draft was she again?

Okay, so on one hand, we have legit and somewhat helpful setup spec with regards to what roles scum tend to pick, what to look out for, what the plan is if someone claims vig/vengeful...
and on the other hand, we have wgeurts directly speculating the role of someone based on something they said. :facepalm:

MathDino, you've got a point.
Wgeurts, I posted before that I doubt that Amy would be town-Vig or town-Vengeful. As a noob, she'd hard-claim that or she wouldn't talk about that at all.

In post 175, davesaz wrote:Sorry about that.
Moving right along, is there an actual case against Amy? Or we're shaking the trees to see what falls out? I'm not necessarily against that, but would like to know what the wagon is about.

I posted my case, eg. in ...

In post 177, Alchemist21 wrote:I'm more concerned with how he attacked Ane for sheeping Dino on Amy, yet Droog openly admitted to sheeping someone on the wagon, and Wgeurts is calling him town. The double standard there doesn't sit well with me.

Hmmm... that's a good question.

i honestly dont know what
something about how each of these responses is agreeable
to the person anem's responding to
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

In post 201, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Let me get this clear:
I am being voted because
- My setup speculation was interpreted as scummy behaviour.
- I mentioned my dislike of setup speculation and yet did so.
So, let's discuss the aforementioned points.

Does research prove that scum do what I did much more often than town? I saw a point (by mathdino) and chose to oppose it. I dislike the principle that if one claims a role they are automatically biased towards being scum. I opposed it and I guess I got myself into this.
Regarding the second point, there was hardly anything else I had to talk about. And if you can't beat them then join them. I don't want to lurk about at the start of a game. Am I not allowed to do something I dislike? It's not an 'it's scummy' type of dislike, but more of an 'ehh this is boring' dislike.

(1) I haven't done a research like that but I do know that early-speculations help more the scum than the town.
(2) Noone has told that there are "auto-town" or "auto-scum" roles. What really disturbed me that you were trying to explain the possible town-uses of certain roles
without
even mentioning that towns may choose PRs that are more beneficial for the scum so as to keep them away off those PRs.
(3) Why do you assume that there were only two possibilities: lurking and talking about the setup? You could have talked about anything else. Here are some examples:
– you could have started analysing others' posts
– you could have asked others why they chose their draft numbers (it happened in the abandoned game I was in)

In post 202, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Y'know, it's funny you noticed that. I'm assuming that most games here don't have daytalk, or in any case I didn't know this one did. It usually takes scum to know of something that scum has. Do you play this setup a lot?

It is written on the wiki that scums have daytalk. Anyone can know that and anyone can fake (who hasn't played this setup before) that they don't know that.

Your readlist in is WTF?! It looks as if you had chosen three players randomly so as to post something about them.

(1) Right. Other people were speculating too, and I didn't know about what helps who. Speculation seems pretty neutral to me.
(2) The town choice thing didn't occur to me. This is the first time I'm playing this setup, so I don't really know the current meta regarding this. I just went with what was in my head at the time.
(3) Analysing people's posts - and say what about them. I had nothing to say at that point.
Asking others - why? I don't see the point.
Talk about other PRs - and have you or someone else accuse me of rolefishing or whatever they'd feel like calling me out on? Mathdino talked about the vig and the vengeful, so I decided to discuss that and say what I thought of them. I didn't just randomly pick roles out and talk about them y'know.

I don't typically read the full wiki page of each setup I play so it didn't occur to me that the scum talk differed from the norm. Say what you want about that.

My readslist was about recent posters as of when I started typing up because long reads lists are boring to write and even more boring to read. I didn't pluck out random people, so read the full post before calling me out.

And if you say that setup spec helps scum more than town then call mathdino out if you're looking for someone who talked about the setup.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

In post 234, Romitelli wrote:
@Droog,
I'd like your opinion on the scenarios I proposed to you in .

@Amy.

I feel that this statement:

In post 206, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:On the other hand, I don't like him dragging the theory discussion on and on, and while we did still get game-related posts from him, it seems like an easy way to beef up one's ISO and natter on about something that looks like participation.

Contradicts heavily with this previous statement:

In post 201, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Regarding the second point, there was hardly anything else I had to talk about. And if you can't beat them then join them. I don't want to lurk about at the start of a game.

You're saying that Mathdino is scummy for dragging out the setup spec discussion just to "beef up" his ISO, yet you previously said you had joined such discussion in the first place because there was nothing else to talk about and you didn't want to lurk.

How are these two situations any different?

Mathdino continued to talk about the setup when most people's discussion had moved on to something else.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:50 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 194, wgeurts wrote:Ah ok thanks.
Mathdino who do you think are scum?
Also thoughts on the lurkers?
I feel like we should pressure them to get discussion.

Any special reason you didn't act on this idea of pressuring people? I find it to be very passive, and the one liners since then are even worse.
VOTE: wgeurts
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:58 am

Post by insanity018 »

Seeking a replacement for gangsta_duck41, who didn't pick up his prod

In post 232, farside22 wrote:
Mod: v/la till Friday

Noted.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:09 am

Post by davesaz »

@mod Flubbernugget may need a prod
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:11 am

Post by insanity018 »

Prodding Flubbernugget

(This is also a conveniently disguised bump!)
Derp. :shifty:
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:26 am

Post by insanity018 »

TheAdrienC replaces gangsta_duck41. Please welcome him!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 236, droog wrote:
In post 222, Aneninen wrote:Your readlist in 206 is WTF?! It looks as if you had chosen three players randomly so as to post something about them.

amy admitted such
In post 206, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:While I can be assed to do this, let's make a small reads list,
right now of the people who have posted within the last hour
as of typing this line up.

Even if it was not random, the reason for choosing those players is still a WTF.

In post 238, droog wrote:
i honestly dont know what
something about how each of these responses is agreeable
to the person anem's responding to

I'm doing that plenty of times.
(1) I mark posts because I agree with them and I don't want to parrot the same content
(2) I mark posts because someone has pointed out something which I skimmed over before
(3) I mark posts which doesn't seem to be too relevant in that certain gamestate but might be important later

In post 239, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:
(1) Right. Other people were speculating too, and I didn't know about what helps who. Speculation seems pretty neutral to me.
(2) The town choice thing didn't occur to me. This is the first time I'm playing this setup, so I don't really know the current meta regarding this. I just went with what was in my head at the time.
(3) Analysing people's posts - and say what about them. I had nothing to say at that point.
(4) Asking others - why? I don't see the point.
(5) Talk about other PRs - and have you or someone else accuse me of rolefishing or whatever they'd feel like calling me out on? Mathdino talked about the vig and the vengeful, so I decided to discuss that and say what I thought of them. I didn't just randomly pick roles out and talk about them y'know.
(6) I don't typically read the full wiki page of each setup I play so it didn't occur to me that the scum talk differed from the norm. Say what you want about that.
(7) My readslist was about recent posters as of when I started typing up because long reads lists are boring to write and even more boring to read. I didn't pluck out random people, so read the full post before calling me out.
(8) And if you say that setup spec helps scum more than town then call mathdino out if you're looking for someone who talked about the setup.

(More numbers has been added by me)

(1) You might think so, but early-speculation helps the scum more, in most cases.
(2) That may or may not be true.
(3) Uhh, I didn't like that. Analysing others' posts is a cornerstone of scumhunting. This means, you're not scumhunting.
(4) Why? To make things clear that you don't understand or concerns you. Again, this means you're not scumhunting.
(5) I didn't say that talking about other PRs would have been a good idea but it was strange that you had been talking only about those particular PRs.
(6) Regardless of your alignment, it's useful to read everything about the setup. Well, you know... it helps scumhunting.
(7) Everyone knows that I'm far not the best player as it comes to producing short posts. Still, many players are able to write short playerlists and neither making them, nor reading them is boring. Producing and reading readlists help the flights of those cute little Painted Ladies (
Vanessa cardui
and whenever you post a readlist a Night Fairy smiles. Also, it helps scumhunting.
(8) It is a thing done by MathDino but so far he has done nothing else which has been scummy.

TL;DR version: Amy is not scumhunting at all.

________

Hi there, AdrienC !
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Aneninen »

________

Because of the huge amount of work needs to be done in the forthcoming days, I'm on LA.
I'll be able to read the thread but my posts will be infrequent, short and maybe badly formatted too.
Thanks for your understanding.
________
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:57 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

Hey guys. I got some catching up to do. Good to see Droog and farside here though!
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

UNVOTE: amy farrah fowler

Really not feeling this wagon any more.

I don't think conflicting or contradictory opinions makes her scummy, and there's not an enormous amount otherwise.

Also, Anen's latest post looks really confbiasy. So what if she's not scumhunting?

IN OTHER NEWS, dave has put down a non-rvs vote. This is BIG NEWS. Lets support this!

VOTE: wgeurts

Return to “Completed Open Games”