Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1974, fferyllt wrote:If this game doesn't end with a mislynch today, I'll decide what I do overnight.

If it doesn't end with a mislynch it means Pine is town or he threw away a perfectly good day 3 endgame.

A perfectly good D3 endgame...
oh you know...
like Beck voting BBT out of the gate and me and Pine hammering?
:shifty:

I love how quickly you threw away the Why-Beck-Was-Killed-Theory once it became me proposing it. You don't understand: Scum-Pine threw away the easiest of endgames just to get towncred and make BBT look like scum. Seems like a legit plan. FURTHERMORE he left Scripten alive, which allows us to force him to test his tracker claim (although now he's getting pissy about it).
How stupid do you expect Pine is?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:37 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1975, Mathdino wrote:
In post 1974, fferyllt wrote:If this game doesn't end with a mislynch today, I'll decide what I do overnight.

If it doesn't end with a mislynch it means Pine is town or he threw away a perfectly good day 3 endgame.

A perfectly good D3 endgame...
oh you know...
like Beck voting BBT out of the gate and me and Pine hammering?
:shifty:

I love how quickly you threw away the Why-Beck-Was-Killed-Theory once it became me proposing it. You don't understand: Scum-Pine threw away the easiest of endgames just to get towncred and make BBT look like scum. Seems like a legit plan. FURTHERMORE he left Scripten alive, which allows us to force him to test his tracker claim (although now he's getting pissy about it).
How stupid do you expect Pine is?

My understanding of this game is totally driven by my role PM. It is a surpassingly strange game if Pine is town tracker.

Nothing about today really makes sense to me because of that. BBT almost has to be town. Pine almost has to be scum. But there is stuff that doesn't make sense if I take both of those as facts.

Roll your eyes about that all you like.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Your inability to believe Pine/BBT is a possibility makes me think you're PoEing yourself as the last scum. Because scum never bus or call guilties on each other for towncred.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1977, Mathdino wrote:Your inability to believe Pine/BBT is a possibility makes me think you're PoEing yourself as the last scum. Because scum never bus or call guilties on each other for towncred.

lol.

It's like believing the beck nk couldn't possibly have been intended to make BBT look bad.

You also exclude possibilities.

I feel like my claim screwed up a beautiful scum plan.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:03 am

Post by Mathdino »

Why? What would be the point of that? Which would be easier: Lynching BBT with Beck alive, or lynching BBT by blaming him for the Beck kill? You're answering my question implicitly already; had Beck voted BBT out of the gate, and if scum didn't quickhammer and INSTAWIN, it would've been made clear that either he or BBT was scum after no one quickhammered. At this point, day would be a 1v1 between the two. I don't see why you see getting rid of Beck
in order to lynch BBT
as a sensible idea in any universe.

Also, WIFOM heavy NKs just to fuck with people and prolong the game aren't in style I'd say.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:16 am

Post by Mathdino »

fferyllt, assume I'm scum for a second. I understand that when I make this argument, it's full of WIFOM. But hear me out.

I started today with the PR speculation. In essence, I outed the scumteam as one of you/Pine, and one of the claimed VTs (myself/BBT). The fact that I started the day with this would imply that I had this in mind or came up with it at night, correct? This would mean I had the knowledge there was a PR among you and Pine before night was over, in other words, I already knew you were a PR since Pine is my scumbuddy here. Correct me if this logic falters.

So the goal would be to lynch a townie to win. Obviously can't lynch a PR, and Beck was universally townread. Had Pine claimed a guilty on Beck, Pine would lose. So BBT or bust.
Which would be easier: Lynching BBT and claiming tracker with a guilty on BBT WITH BECK IN THE GAME, or lynching BBT by claiming tracker that really can't be confirmed?
Nothing new came from town between daystart and Pine's claim, according to a me/Pine world. He was prompted to claim by my setup spec. So remind me how your claim screwed up a beautiful plan, when from my scum perspective, you were already a PR and all it'd take to win would be to keep Beck alive and claim a guilty on BBT?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:18 am

Post by Mathdino »

fferyllt, you understand that if it's me and Pine and we lose, the one fatal error would be killing Beck, right?

Because that'd be idiotic given his promise, right?

Right?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

Sorry. getting ready to hit the road over here.

You're predicating all that on 1) Beck doing precisely what he said he would do in LYLO. and 2) that an experienced player would be that rash in LYLO.

I know my alignment and role. The game state makes me strongly doubt BBT is scum. I think he's probably getting lynched and I think town will lose as a result. The other narratives being advanced make decent sense if I were some other role.

So. If I'm wrong then my world tilts tonight.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Mathdino »

Let's say he didn't do exactly that. Let's say he stalls a bit before voting BBT.

Pine claims a guilty on BBT and we all collectively come to the conclusion that scum is one of {Pine, fferyllt} and one of {Mathdino, BBT, Beck}.

What do you suppose Beck does?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1674, Beck wrote:I am not ok with a grib lynch anymore,
I only desire 1 lynch and that is bbt.
anyone else I am not interested in.
In post 1675, Beck wrote:but yes fferyllt needs to post content and list of scum reads with actual reasons. Right now her lurking is seriously looking like scum skating by
In post 1680, Beck wrote:you know what, I give up. i can't take 2 more days of this.
Tomorrow we lynch BBT

vote: grib
In post 1711, Beck wrote:
If bbt was shot and flipped town, obviously I'd lynch pine but bbt isn't town.

I still would rather Lynch him over you but nobody else seems to want to
In post 1713, Beck wrote:
In post 1712, Grib wrote:That's because he's town.

Pine/fferyllt. That's my final answer. Mathdino could be slowrolling for maximum towncred since he knows I'll flip town, but if that's the case then I'm just impressed.

No way bbt is town
, nothing in his play suggests that
In post 1757, Beck wrote:I was going to say nobody asked what i was but then I remember I already did lol.

grib you better not be trolling us. also
if you are town it's probably BBT and somebody
, unless scripten has me duped and he's scum
In post 1769, Beck wrote:
well they won't have to convince me cause i'm voting him out of the gate tomorrow
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Mathdino »

I'll say it right now. I know this won't convince you but whatever.

If I'm scum, then that kill was my most retarded move on this site. Legitimately retarded. 0 point in it when I could just manipulate Beck with the tracker claim.

fferyllt, lemme ask you something: What was Beck saying in the hood? Did he express interest in stalling the lynch a bit? Or did he continue saying he'd vote BBT out of the gate?
Scripten, the same question goes to you. This is important.
If he kept saying he'd do that, it raises the chances fferyllt's scum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1870, Mathdino wrote:BBT YOU NIMROD

If Scripten were scum he'd have hammered you!
In what universe is BBT's suspicion legitimate?!

You're right. I completely overlooked that. Didn't even realize I was at L-1.

In post 1879, Mathdino wrote:I'm assuming we lynch BBT because it's over if we don't

We're only looking for one scum are we? Have you not been paying attention or did you just slip?

In post 1883, Mathdino wrote:1. I already explained how the Beck kill makes BBT scum since scum should reasonably expect Beck to destroy the town with his first vote if BBT were town.

This is literally the worst reasoning ever. The worst.

In post 1895, Mathdino wrote:fferyllt I kind of want you to vote Pine just to further prove that Scripten is town.

This feels contrived. I don't like this post at all. Why would Scripten completing the exact same act somehow make him more town? We get it, you KNOW Scripten is town!

In post 1898, Mathdino wrote:Then vote Pine. I have no motivation to hammer or vote anyone other than BBT today. If Scripten votes Pine, that's gonna be the lynch anyway.

I'm not surprised. Myself or Pine have to be lynched today, and you don't want to bus your buddy in LyLo, amiright?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:01 pm

In post 1903, fferyllt wrote:
yeah and if Pine is town you hammer the fuck out of him.

Pine is scum. You must know this given your role.

In post 1906, Mathdino wrote:fferyllt's hesitance makes me uneasy, like she doesn't want to be seen as in league with BBT just yet.

That's right. Just keep lining up anyone to lynch...

In post 1916, Scripten wrote:Of course, if Pine is scum and BBT is not, we will have already lost the game. Even better, the only scumteam possible with that configuration would be Pine/Mathdino.

Ding, ding, ding!

In post 1917, Mathdino wrote:
I really do want to keep this between me and BBT if only because we can implement the tracker test overnight to decide between Pine and fferyllt.

Oh, no, I was wrong. You're back to just wanting to have me lynched. Does this have anything to do with the fact that it HAS to be between myself and Pine toDay?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:07 pm

In post 1937, Pine wrote:Notice how this is the second time today you've shot activity requests at me, and both times I've responded within half an hour

Can anyone say Beetlejuice?

In post 1940, Scripten wrote:I'm trying to nail scum instead of letting you antagonizing me into voting, so the strong language is unnecessary. Your methods are definitely making me want to vote you, but I'm holding back because you might just be trying to strongarm me because that's your town play. Tempted to meta you. We have time before deadline and I don't feel like losing.

How did that meta read go?

In post 1948, Pine wrote:I'm not a tracker, but the plan works with watching

Whoops. Did you forget you fake claimed? Amateur mistake.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by Pine »

Go go gadget selective quoting
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:13 pm

In post 1950, Mathdino wrote:

???

This can't be all you say on Pine's slip...I just know it. I know you're gonna follow up on this...

In post 1956, Mathdino wrote:That offers quite the predicament. fferyllt could then watch me, but the issue is that we'd have to decide an action claiming order for tomorrow. The 2nd person could easily just agree with the 1st person.

You're continuing this scummy behaviour and I'm surprised nobody has picked up on it.

You're desperately trying to direct the town in every way you can. You know this game is over once I'm lynched, and you're attempt to gain town-cred through all this talk of 'hypothetical situations' is nothing short of laughable.

PEdit - Yeah, I know right? What am I thinking not quoting and replying to every single post made while I was gone.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:15 pm

So, I'm caught up.

Pine is still lying and is still scum.

Math is trying his best to manipulate town as well. He is also scum.

Case closed.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Oh yeah.

Back from V/LA!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1951, Pine wrote:Ugh, confusing myself. Was trying to say it could work on ffery, but tired+phonepost=stupiderror

In post 1960, Pine wrote:
In post 1953, fferyllt wrote:

what?

What are you then?

I'm a tracker. I cut down a longer statement about you being a watcher, not a tracker, and didn't reread it

Commenting on me "slipping" and not mentioning these is absolutely selective quoting. It's scummier than a food disposal after Thanksgiving dinner

Speaking of, I'm about to sit down to it now.

STUFFING
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1986, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1870, Mathdino wrote:BBT YOU NIMROD

If Scripten were scum he'd have hammered you!
In what universe is BBT's suspicion legitimate?!

You're right. I completely overlooked that. Didn't even realize I was at L-1.

In post 1879, Mathdino wrote:I'm assuming we lynch BBT because it's over if we don't

We're only looking for one scum are we? Have you not been paying attention or did you just slip?

In post 1883, Mathdino wrote:1. I already explained how the Beck kill makes BBT scum since scum should reasonably expect Beck to destroy the town with his first vote if BBT were town.

This is literally the worst reasoning ever. The worst.

In post 1895, Mathdino wrote:fferyllt I kind of want you to vote Pine just to further prove that Scripten is town.

This feels contrived. I don't like this post at all. Why would Scripten completing the exact same act somehow make him more town? We get it, you KNOW Scripten is town!

In post 1898, Mathdino wrote:Then vote Pine. I have no motivation to hammer or vote anyone other than BBT today. If Scripten votes Pine, that's gonna be the lynch anyway.

I'm not surprised. Myself or Pine have to be lynched today, and you don't want to bus your buddy in LyLo, amiright?

1. And this is the part where you're forced to stir up a case on me out of lack of choice.
2. At the time I assumed not lynching you means a me-lynch because I wanted to 1v1 you. If I get lynched, it's over.
3. Reasonable expectation, see the quote wall.
4. Read my posts. Scripten was either town, or scum with you. Had fferyllt voted Pine and Scripten not hammered, it'd make him definitively, 100% town. Now he's only like 99% town.
5. I don't want to vote for someone with a 50% objective chance of being scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1987, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1903, fferyllt wrote:
yeah and if Pine is town you hammer the fuck out of him.

Pine is scum. You must know this given your role.

In post 1906, Mathdino wrote:fferyllt's hesitance makes me uneasy, like she doesn't want to be seen as in league with BBT just yet.

That's right. Just keep lining up anyone to lynch...

In post 1916, Scripten wrote:Of course, if Pine is scum and BBT is not, we will have already lost the game. Even better, the only scumteam possible with that configuration would be Pine/Mathdino.

Ding, ding, ding!

In post 1917, Mathdino wrote:
I really do want to keep this between me and BBT if only because we can implement the tracker test overnight to decide between Pine and fferyllt.

Oh, no, I was wrong. You're back to just wanting to have me lynched. Does this have anything to do with the fact that it HAS to be between myself and Pine toDay?

1. IKR. But the really rich thing is, fferyllt saying that actually gives her scumpoints. But nope, you just correct her world view based on her claim and move on.
2. You understand that I'm not going to advocate for a Pine/fferyllt lynch today, correct? The majority of my interactions with Pine and fferyllt have been to decide which of them to lynch tomorrow. I don't really give a shit on deciding between them today, although I want to hear Scripten's elaborate opinion before day ends because he's likely to die.
3. moving on
4. Yep. That's pretty much what it has to do with. You, me, and Pine (and fferyllt if she's your buddy) are the only ones 100% sure of your and my alignments. Pine is a wrench in the works because from my perspective, there's a 50% chance of hitting scum there. I want to keep it between us because I'm uncomfortable with a Pine or fferyllt lynch today.
I've wanted you lynched from the beginning of the day. Don't misrep my talking about Pine and fferyllt; all of that is mental notes for tomorrow.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1990, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1950, Mathdino wrote:

???

This can't be all you say on Pine's slip...I just know it. I know you're gonna follow up on this...

In post 1956, Mathdino wrote:That offers quite the predicament. fferyllt could then watch me, but the issue is that we'd have to decide an action claiming order for tomorrow. The 2nd person could easily just agree with the 1st person.

You're continuing this scummy behaviour and I'm surprised nobody has picked up on it.

You're desperately trying to direct the town in every way you can. You know this game is over once I'm lynched, and you're attempt to gain town-cred through all this talk of 'hypothetical situations' is nothing short of laughable.

1. Nope, that's all I say. Open 575 had me lynch someone and tunnel them for 2 days based on a scumslip that turned out to be a typo. If I decide to lynch Pine tomorrow, that's certainly not going to be my reason for doing it.
2. All you've done is shown how my actions are consistent with scum. That's great. Sure, it's not
impossible
that my actions today have been in line with scum (although you did think it was impossible yesterday given the reaction test, haha). However, you've not shown how it's impossible that trying to test Pine comes from town.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:40 pm

In post 1993, Pine wrote:
Commenting on me "slipping" and not mentioning these is absolutely selective quoting. It's scummier than a food disposal after Thanksgiving dinner

You flat out said 'I'm not tracker'. That's not a 'typo' as Math seems to be implying, that is a full-on slip. I don't care much for the bullshit excuses you will have come up with to try and explain it away.

In post 1994, Mathdino wrote:
1. And this is the part where you're forced to stir up a case on me out of lack of choice.
2. At the time I assumed not lynching you means a me-lynch because I wanted to 1v1 you. If I get lynched, it's over.
3. Reasonable expectation, see the quote wall.
4. Read my posts. Scripten was either town, or scum with you. Had fferyllt voted Pine and Scripten not hammered, it'd make him definitively, 100% town. Now he's only like 99% town.
5. I don't want to vote for someone with a 50% objective chance of being scum.

1. Or this is the part where I actually realized what has been happening in the game and come to the conclusion that Scripten has to be town otherwise I would have been hammered and Ffery has to be town because Tracker/Watcher is just not happening in this game and given that Pine flat out lied about 'tracking me' I KNOW he is scum.

By PoE, that leaves you as the other scum.

2. Why would you assume something that makes no sense when we already had two people cross-voting each other?

3. Moving on

4. Moving on

5. You don't want to bus your scum buddy. I got it.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I think it's fferyllt/BBT. I may flipflop about 5 more times before day ends.

Maybe 5 dozen.

BBT earlier today looked like bussing Pine, but that comment to fferyllt, basically a "Dude, be consistent with your story" reads like coaching.

Edit:
1. Yes, that's basically what I said. We're in agreement.
2. Because from your perspective, I must be scum, and fferyllt looked like she was gearing up to lynch me.
I'm honestly just surprised you didn't go after me at the start of the day. Expected you to switch to me after I pointed out Scripten's not scum.
5. Haven't shown why it's inconsistent with town. I understand why you and Pine are so headstrong today because both of you have 2 people you HAVE to push for.
On the other hand, you'll note that fferyllt doesn't want to lynch between me and you, I don't want to lynch between Pine and fferyllt, and Scripten's stalling the day.
This is because from us 3's town perspectives, we're not 100% sure on the gamestate.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:46 pm

In post 1995, Mathdino wrote:
1. IKR. But the really rich thing is, fferyllt saying that actually gives her scumpoints. But nope, you just correct her world view based on her claim and move on.
2. You understand that I'm not going to advocate for a Pine/fferyllt lynch today, correct? The majority of my interactions with Pine and fferyllt have been to decide which of them to lynch tomorrow. I don't really give a shit on deciding between them today, although I want to hear Scripten's elaborate opinion before day ends because he's likely to die.
3. moving on
4. Yep. That's pretty much what it has to do with. You, me, and Pine (and fferyllt if she's your buddy) are the only ones 100% sure of your and my alignments. Pine is a wrench in the works because from my perspective, there's a 50% chance of hitting scum there. I want to keep it between us because I'm uncomfortable with a Pine or fferyllt lynch today.
I've wanted you lynched from the beginning of the day. Don't misrep my talking about Pine and fferyllt; all of that is mental notes for tomorrow.

1. Well, no, it doesn't because I know Pine is lying. Therefore, Ffery is town.
2.This is part of what I was talking about. You know this game is over after I'm lynched, the discussions you're trying to engage in are simply for town-cred. Which doesn't make sense, because, you know, why would you let scum know exactly what you're thinking and how you're planning on proceeding the following day?

In post 1996, Mathdino wrote:
1. Nope, that's all I say. Open 575 had me lynch someone and tunnel them for 2 days based on a scumslip that turned out to be a typo. If I decide to lynch Pine tomorrow, that's certainly not going to be my reason for doing it.
2. All you've done is shown how my actions are consistent with scum. That's great. Sure, it's not
impossible
that my actions today have been in line with scum (although you did think it was impossible yesterday given the reaction test, haha). However, you've not shown how it's impossible that trying to test Pine comes from town.

1. A typo. That's funny. Was he meant to write 'I am a tracker'?
2. All I need to do is show how your actions are consistent with scum. The reaction test had me thinking you were town, correct. And?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”