(1): Goblin
Not Voting
(5): Xiao Long, acryon, Varsoon, Drake Crusader, Konowa

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2014-12-06 21:00:00)

Notes
:
  • Just a reminder that votes such as the one in post #335 will no longer be counted if the proper name isn't listed. This will be the only time I accept it. You have been warned.
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Zebulin »

Page 9:

Allyra says Thor is ovbscum without saying why Thor is ovb scum. Twice.

At this point I think that either Thor or Allyra is scum but not both (they would be bussing way too hard for that, and both are Mafia Scum so they've played a few games). If one of the two gets lynched and flips town I'd lynch the other one. Allyra and Thor both attack each other for a while. 1 of the 2 is probably scum.

Page 10:

Boonskies is buddying Randomidget a little bit. Allyra is being very defensive. Allyra just replaced.

...That is a huge post.

Allyra seems real now. I'm not sure scum would get that frustrated over Konowa poking her for information, and Konowa wasn't particularly mean about it at all. Everything that Allyra just said sounds like the truth. Thor's follow-up post doesn't do him any favors either. Why the unexplained vote on Randomidget? That's the second time someone changed their read on Randomidget without any context for it.

UNVOTE: orcinus_theoriginal Interesting study btw
VOTE: Thor

gamsimbre seems town. Doesn't seem like he's hiding anything.

Page 11:

Thor is insulting his wagon, and is being generally distant from every single complaint about him. I don't like this.

Also, this post from Randomidget sums it all up:

In post 266, Randomnamechange wrote:I am seriously lolling at how many people are voting me without providing any reasons.

Page 12:

Orcinus is a lot more town than Allyra. Providing reasons for votes and whatnot.

Orcinus and Thor go back and forth for a while. Not much new info (that I picked up on).
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm totes alive.
Just got kidnapped is all.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Hey varsoon let's dance.

Where's your head at
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Page 5, I haven't really caught up since.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:57 pm

cool

i've been tryharding and i think thor's scum based on my replace in from page 10

talk to me about how you feel about xiao
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm sketchy on Xiao but it feels town.
I think that at least one of You, Thor, and Xiao is scum, though.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Lean Thor most from what I've seen but that's scummy play. You guys could just be methodical town-seeming scum.
Prets much.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:27 pm

if you really thought i was scum you'd be posting something substantial about me being scum

so you don't think i'm scum

why me/thor/xiao specifically?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 351, Zebulin wrote:

Page 10:

Boonskies is buddying Randomidget a little bit.
Allyra is being very defensive. Allyra just replaced.

...That is a huge post.

Allyra seems real now. I'm not sure scum would get that frustrated over Konowa poking her for information, and Konowa wasn't particularly mean about it at all. Everything that Allyra just said sounds like the truth. Thor's follow-up post doesn't do him any favors either. Why the unexplained vote on Randomidget? That's the second time someone changed their read on Randomidget without any context for it.

Explain how I'm buddying him, please. He's my 2nd biggest scum read, and I've been vocal about that. If Allyra slot didn't come into play (or if I didn't lean scum on the replacement into the slot) my vote would be on Rando. I'm going to assume you meant to put a different name there.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

orcinus_theoriginal wrote:if you really thought i was scum you'd be posting something substantial about me being scum

so you don't think i'm scum

why me/thor/xiao specifically?

I agree sth scum in Thor/orcinus/Xiao, as I think that it is unlikely rhe entire scum team would lurk.
Boonskiies wrote:
In post 351, Zebulin wrote:

Page 10:

Boonskies is buddying Randomidget a little bit.
Allyra is being very defensive. Allyra just replaced.

...That is a huge post.

Explain how I'm buddying him, please. He's my 2nd biggest scum read, and I've been vocal about that. If Allyra slot didn't come into play (or if I didn't lean scum on the replacement into the slot) my vote would be on Rando. I'm going to assume you meant to put a different name there.

Probably ment konowa/Thor.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:08 am

Post by Varsoon »

Based on interactions in your slots, Orc.
Both Xiao and your slot scumread Thor,
As far as I've read, Thor's been super passive about it,
I was a bit suspicious of your slot's original go-getter activity,
etc.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:16 am

Post by acryon »

Sorry for the wall, but missing ~9 pages can do that.

In post 110, Allyra wrote:
In post 85, acryon wrote:Looking into Goblin's post history, it looks like it's not a player we should expect elaborate content from, which is unfortunate, so I don't think that should be held against the slot. I do, however, think it is still required that you at least give some reasoning for your vote and answer questions that are asked of you.

Did you meta him? What games led you do believe that we should not expect contect from him here? Did you also take note that he's St. Constantine the Hermit?

Not to be rude, but isn't "looking into Goblin's post history" the definition of meta? Just look at his general post history and you'll see a good handful of naked votes, and a decent amount of one line posts.

is really weak by boonskies, and mispresenting people to make them look scummy is always bad.

In post 133, Allyra wrote:But more importantly, do you disagree with the reads I've posted. That would actually be more helpful.

I disagree here, because I actually think reasoning/intent are far more important than the reads themselves. Town shouldn't be trying to get people to agree with their town-reads; they should be scum-hunting. This pings
a bit

In post 135, Allyra wrote:Okay so then in your last post you don't like that I have two town reads by page six, but you don't disagree with my town reads? And it's somehow opportunistic for me to have two town reads? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

One can agree with another's reads, but disagree with the the way they were presented or the intentions behind presenting them in a certain way. For the record, I don't think having two town-reads by page six is scummy, but I also don't think it can't be scummy.

In post 140, Thor665 wrote:
In post 54, Varsoon wrote:I'm not going to claim regardless, so if you all want a mislynch on me, I suggest doing it while I'm teaching and not around today.

Yeah, doing a fakeclaim super early on Day 1 is tough because it locks you in if you manage to survive.
So, basically you're just claiming scum. Got it.

:neutral: You must be kidding.

Why don't we just push everyone to L-1 so we can ALL claim, right??

In post 140, Thor665 wrote:
In post 117, Varsoon wrote:Pretty sure the following got asked/answered already, Allyra (especially 'cus I was the one asking the same questions, lol)

In post 118, Allyra wrote:oh.

I find this interchange funny.
Because it basically is Varsoon realizing that Allyra hasn't read anything very well - yet not bothering to ask her about it.
Is it just that he's happy to have her townread?
Or is he town who can't figure out how to pressure someone for skimming the game to try to figure out if they're scum or not?

This I agree with. Something also felt off to me about this exchange as it was happening.

In post 143, Allyra wrote:2). I wasn't skimming the game. I'll admit to maybe missing something as I was drinking wine, but even then I didn't ask those questions because I missed that they had been asked due to "brutal" skimming. I was responding to things as I was reading them. Are you saying my reads shouldn't be listened to because you think I didn't read the first few pages of the game before I replaced in well enough?

I think that's perfectly fair if he thinks you didn't read it fully. Why would you put much stock in the reads of someone with, by their choice, imperfect information?

In post 143, Allyra wrote:I don't like konowas entrance post.

What don't you like about it? The flippancy?

Edit: Ok, just saw your answer, and it isn't good. This is something that newb-town would maybe pick up as a scum-tell, and I'm not sure of your experience, so I don't know how that plays into this.

In post 154, Allyra wrote:Just so you know Thor IS scum and I'd wager that boonskies is his partner.

You're welcome.

Oh I'll throw in konowa for a potential third.

Putting Konowa on your scum-list for his one comment seems very weak.

In post 166, Boonskiies wrote:Eh, if I was scum with Thor and you voted him, I would have voted him as well. I'm a troll like that.

In post 167, Boonskiies wrote:But since that's not the case...congratulations, Thor. You earned yourself a town read from me.

And Thor with my response to these posts:
In post 168, Thor665 wrote:Whut?

I don't have many comments on the next couple pages of Konowa/Allyra/Thor battle, but I agree with this regarding Allyra alignment and the replace-out:
In post 265, Thor665 wrote:Because an actual replace out suggests the flail wasn't flail but was emotional thrashing - emotional thrashing is alignment neutral and it removes a lot of the scumminess I was getting from her when she power freaked when I began questioning her motives. I had taken it as nervous scum - the actual truth was very tightly wound player. I am not of the opinion that it makes her as solid of a scumspect as I originally thought, therefor I returned to a solid suspect I hadn't explored properly yet.

In post 281, Goblin wrote:48 hours until a prod is way to short a window. Prefer 72. Let me catch up.

Not game-related really, but 48 has been the window for almost every game I've played.

@Zebulin: Do you not think it is possible that Allyra-slot/Thor is TvT? I think that is very possible, and the only thing keeping me from thinking that is the case is the "slip" from Orci. I've only been scum a couple times, but how often is QuickThreads used for scum topics? And can the mod tell us if there is daytalk? Or is that all hidden since it's a Normal game?

I also think Boonskies is possibly scum, although I thought this in another game I played with him and his nonsense posts were actually just town, so there's a lot of trepidation there.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

I get the trepidation.
Feels like everyone's walkin' on eggshells.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:20 am

You think
im walking on eggshells
?

That's your assessment of the game state?

Clarify
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:26 am

In post 361, Varsoon wrote:Based on interactions in your slots, Orc.
Both Xiao and your slot scumread Thor,
As far as I've read, Thor's been super passive about it,
I was a bit suspicious of your slot's original go-getter activity,
etc.

Vote someone
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

I haven't caught up yet.
Eggshells comment is based on current VC and input from everyone since my recent return.
Don't worry, I'll be back in full force this afternoon.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:31 am

Please let me see your true form and not whatever pansy politically correct state you are currently in lol
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:56 am

In post 362, acryon wrote:I think that is very possible, and the only thing keeping me from thinking that is the case is the "slip" from Orci. I've only been scum a couple times, but how often is QuickThreads used for scum topics? And can the mod tell us if there is daytalk? Or is that all hidden since it's a Normal game?

i always assume daytalk i guess because that's just the mafia environment i experience. the group of players i play with (cabd, fery, etc whatever) all are pretty large proponents of scum daytalk. i mean the assumption might seem strange but i literally cannot remember the last non-bork game that didn't have daytalk
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 368, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 362, acryon wrote:I think that is very possible, and the only thing keeping me from thinking that is the case is the "slip" from Orci. I've only been scum a couple times, but how often is QuickThreads used for scum topics? And can the mod tell us if there is daytalk? Or is that all hidden since it's a Normal game?

i always assume daytalk i guess because that's just the mafia environment i experience. the group of players i play with (cabd, fery, etc whatever) all are pretty large proponents of scum daytalk. i mean the assumption might seem strange but i literally cannot remember the last non-bork game that didn't have daytalk

You also said the "scum qt". I have only been scum twice, but neither time used a qt. Can you show me scum games of your's that used a qt instead of a MS thread that would make you use "qt" there?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:13 am

yeah i can. this is my first game back from a 6 month hiatus and before i left i never actually used a PT. it's not quickthreads, not quicktopic. so since private topics were implemented after i took my leave in may, before that we always used QTs.

my last 4 games

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=44160
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=38561
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=37642

all use QTs (since private topics hadn't been implemented yet), all have daytalk (i actually forgot whether teenwolf did or not. i think it did but i can't actually find the QT)
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:17 am

Post by acryon »

In post 370, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:yeah i can. this is my first game back from a 6 month hiatus and before i left i never actually used a PT. it's not quickthreads, not quicktopic. so since private topics were implemented after i took my leave in may, before that we always used QTs.

my last 4 games

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=44160
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=38561

all use QTs (since private topics hadn't been implemented yet), all have daytalk (i actually forgot whether teenwolf did or not. i think it did but i can't actually find the QT)

Given this, calling that post from Orcinus a slip seems silly.

Now fairly certain Thor VS Orcinus is TvT.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:17 am

oh huh that's weird i didn't know tales of you ended up changing into a MS thread

but you can see that the game began as using QTs and then ended up using private threads so I assume that's exactly when the PT was implemented. and since i didn't have a neighborhood or a scumteam in that game i never ended up using that.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:18 am

In post 371, acryon wrote:Now fairly certain Thor VS Orcinus is TvT.

i am fairly certain this is not true

what can i do to sell you a vote on thor

i can dance a jig??
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:20 am

In post 370, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:viewtopic.php?f=56&t=44160
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=38561
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=39106
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=37642

fixed

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”