Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

Are we role-claiming or just neighbourhood claiming?

Also, is it allowed to cut and paste something from a neighbourhood here, or do I have to paraphrase it? (Not quote in either case.) I think someone else did it and didn't get yelled at, right?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Paraphrase.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2997, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2990, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2919, notscience wrote:Lynch ABR or flubber

I'm down for the latter. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Albert wagon, but the events at the end of Day 2 are weird enough that I'm extremely uncertain in my read there.

You think he lied about being 3rd party?

I wouldnt put it past him to lie about things as either alignment. I was convinced he was town yesterday but I find his claimed wincon suspect, especially in the face of Honeybees claim.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I also have a light townread on konowas but I'd like to know why he's townreading Wgeurts.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:35 am

Post by fferyllt »

And your opinons of his post-hammer rolefishing?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:35 am

Post by fferyllt »

^^ abr

Idic
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Konowa »

Ugh.

Feel like scum is in the pile of players who called Lynx a bad lynch because he's a policy/lurkshit/whatever.
orci/SSK/someone else?
I've been awful at finding motivation to go back and read and I'm just trying to remember things off the top of my head right now.

Brian, gogurt had an "AHA gotcha" moment Yesterday to something I said (confusing COp with cop) that felt terribly genuine. It's pretty light, but with the way I'm sorting this game I wouldn't support a lynch on him Today.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 am

Post by Bookitty »

Orcinus attacks Cheetory for easy logic on Lynx in .

by Mafia SSK.

by STD.

by MafiaSSK. Claims Lynx is a policy lynch. Votes SMP.

In post 2121, BipolarChemist wrote:Also, on Lynx, I’ve mostly been getting a he’s too busy to make a legit post read on him. What bothered you about that post in particular?

In post 2449, Honey bee wrote:About Lynx: I've been getting that noob feeling I'm getting which I often end up interpreting as scummy so I'm starting to have hesitance about him. My meta search of him didn't help, as I don't get a similar feeling to either of his completed games (I feel like he has a complete lack of focus that his other games didn't have). I'm trying to make of what his reactions are, but I haven't found what I'm looking for in his meta. I still don't like the way his suspicions have been going, and I'm getting skeptical that joining bandwagons for stars is fine and dandy.

In our neighbourhood last night I posted these things as examples of soft defenses by various people. It's possible I missed some. But there's no real point in keeping this info private now that the main thread is open.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Konowa »

Thanks, Boo.

Vote: MafiaSSK
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:16 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 3006, Konowa wrote:Feel like scum is in the pile of players who called Lynx a bad lynch because he's a policy/lurkshit/whatever.
orci/SSK/someone else?

i don't think i called it a bad lynch, if i did it was my mistake. i meant to say it was boring

in any case i'm pretty sure our neighborhood ended up voting lynx after i said in neighborhood at 4:27pm nov 26 that cheet's replies looks consistent with his towngames and that i didn't want to lynch him

i then posted this http://i.imgur.com/CG14zOU.jpg image at 5:12 pm and immediately after (in this thread at 5:18 pm) cphrir and i voted lynx

so just so we're clear i am not actually on that list
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3007, Bookitty wrote:Orcinus attacks Cheetory for easy logic on Lynx in Post 2552.

orcinus also flipped a table when I put up a vapid willing-to-lynch list that included lynx.

In his case, I am certain this is because he wanted to hunt bigger game.

Will think about your other posts of interest.

Idic
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Konowa »

reads differently to me.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:21 am

In post 2576, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 2573, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 2568, Cheetory6 wrote:Why do I need specific answers to this? The wagon on him could be informative, if he flips scum it could lead to associative tells and I don't know what else. I just feel like I'll be able to make more sense of things with a flip that I've been involved with at this point.

Here’s lynx’s iso (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go)
Tell me what a town flip might indicate, and what a scum flip might indicate.

You need specific answers to this because I don’t think a lynx flip would solidify any reads.

i mean i am as "ok" with a lynx wagon as the next guy. i just don't think we're lynching lynx for information, we're lynching lynx + replacement for being lurksacks and for being scummy

i mean ok?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3011, Konowa wrote: reads differently to me.

Who are you replying to?

Idic
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3004, fferyllt wrote:And your opinons of his post-hammer rolefishing?

As opposed to whom? I remember a few claims, and only one of them was in response to Albert (after we'd already expressed a desire to lynch him). It could have just been him looking for a good target to 'vig' (or whatever you want to call it).

Like I said, the thing that bothers me the most is him claiming his wincon unprompted (which makes little sense to me regardless of whatever alignment he might have) and his claimed wincon resembling (but not matching) Honeybee's. It's like Honeybee-lite.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3009, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i don't think i called it a bad lynch, if i did it was my mistake. i meant to say it was boring

You called it boring.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:24 am

In post 3015, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 3009, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i don't think i called it a bad lynch, if i did it was my mistake. i meant to say it was boring

You called it boring.

oh good.

Brian Skies wrote:
Like I said, the thing that bothers me the most is him claiming his wincon unprompted (which makes little sense to me regardless of whatever alignment he might have) and his claimed wincon resembling (but not matching) Honeybee's. It's like Honeybee-lite.

yes this is very important.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:24 am

Post by Konowa »

I was replying to orcinus, ffery.
I'm having doubts about the amnesic cop on top of that.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Vote: MafiaSSK

As I waffle on what I want to do with Albert. The BPC (mostly related to his neighborhood relationship with Lynx) and Honeybee quotes look town to me.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:26 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3014, Brian Skies wrote:

As opposed to whom? I remember a few claims, and only one of them was in response to Albert (after we'd already expressed a desire to lynch him). It could have just been him looking for a good target to 'vig' (or whatever you want to call it).

No, I think he was rolefishing.

Brian, I don't know what prior experience with ABR has you interpreting his play the way you are, but it's making very little sense to me.

Idic
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2996, Honey bee wrote:
In post 2994, Brian Skies wrote:Still extremely interested in the going-ons of the Honeybee neighborhood. I still suspect Mara-slot and the only thing that gives me pause is HI opening the game voting Lynx pretty hard.

My neighborhood isn't particularly interesting, I've only used it to confirm my reads in thread. Mara was fairly convinced that our neighborhood wouldn't have scum in it with only 3 people in it, and orc and ffery also questioned that there was any neighborhood without scum in it (or that other neighborhoods were just as large as theirs). Our hood is the only other hood that can have larger than 4 though, so these posts would strike me as odd for scum. It would now too with lynx being in a neighborhood of 2. It doesn't strike me as something faked either, because it's a particularly obscure thing for scum to think of to fake. Idk if it sounds stupid to anyone but I'm fairly convinced I'm right.

I think lynx was meant to be an easy bus target with his ability to pass on his role partially. So the message I think was meant for just wifom purposes post flip. I really doubt that there's an amnesiac cop but I don't have a clue what the rest of the setup looks like. My vote right now is spiritually on abr for obvious reasons.

A lot of this doesn't make sense to me as to why you don't think her logic could have been faked. Was there a particular reason for her to townread all of you or did she just make the assumption based on the neighborhood size? Because overall, it just feels like an easy cop-out: "oh, I'm gonna avoid developing reads on my neighbors by pretending I think they're all town." I dunno. People treating neighborhoods as a masonry is one of the biggest problems I have with neighborhoods as a whole.

I agree with you that Lynx was probably a pretty good bus target. He wasn't playing exceptionally well either.

The amnesiac cop was probably just scum using his messenger ability (which is one of the roles Cabd and I were expecting it to be).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:33 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3019, fferyllt wrote:
In post 3014, Brian Skies wrote:

No, I think he was rolefishing.

Brian, I don't know what prior experience with ABR has you interpreting his play the way you are, but it's making very little sense to me.

Well, maybe if you actually take a glance at the games I linked you a long time ago, it might make some sense to you. But from what I can tell, my experience with Albert greatly differs from other people's.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

State Farm Mafia 2: Don't remember much from him except giant walls of text. Don't remember him doing anything blatantly scummy in this game, but he did drive a lot of wagons.

Darkness Within: Albert rolefishing (much more blatantly) as town. He was pretty active in this game. I went on a week long V/LA or something and he tried to get a wagon going without me being there (although this might have been his response to the general activity in the game). He seemed pretty impatient at times as well. He also scumhunted predominantly by using bandwagons and reaction tests.

My Mini Normal: He was a town neighborizor who found the town tracker N1. He somehow turned my setup into a follow the tracker scenario while managing to withhold the tracker's identity from most of the playerlist (so much that he sacrificed one of his townreads to protect the tracker).

Georgetown II: Lurked as scum Day 1 (which went to deadline) and grudgevoted Slandaar. Didn't read much of the game after I replaced out.

I dunno. My general experience with Albert is that he's pretty active and he does unconventional things. I'd be more likely to lynch him if he were an inactive lurkfuck than whatever activity issue that has you concerned.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 2354, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I haven't followed the last few pages but Bookitty wants to vote me now so I'll claim. My CO power at 4 stars is that I can vig.

In post 2821, Albert B. Rampage wrote:My wincon is to accumulate 12 stars.

This is what abr claimed. He's claiming a co power that goes against his wincon, and claiming an actual third party wincon rather than his co power is a second wincon like mine. It reads like a clumsy mirroring of my claim.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I should probably reread Georgetown because that game did not play out the way I remember it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”