Mini 1624: Joss Whedon Mafia: The Musical (Game Over)

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Antihero »

serra's an ic
cabd .... might be scum
what about apffery? ap misreads me all the fucking time (mysteriously)
and who's falcon?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Vote CountMedea the Alien (0):
Jesusbuddhavrishnathebest (1): Antihero
Antihero (1): Boonskiies
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (0):
Egg (0):
Serrapaladin (0):
Regfan (3): Yoncé, Egg, Jesusbuddhavrishnathebest
Boonskiies (3): Serrapaladin, Medea the Alien, Regfan
Eyestott (0):
Murder of Crows (0):
Mikuru (0):
Yoncé (0):

Not Voting (4): Eyestott, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Murder of Crows, Mikuru

It is day 2. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day ends on Thursday, December 18 at 1:45pm EST. Countdown: (expired on 2014-12-18 13:45:00).
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Antihero »

oh there's falcon

he made one post
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Antihero »

so, what about him?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Yet to fully catch up (that will happen this weekend) but I have a burning question for Ffery. During D1, when you thought you were going to be lynched, you tried to sort Medea. What are your thoughts on Cabd's interaction with you and what made you think that they were more likely town?
jesusbuddhavrishnathebest
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by jesusbuddhavrishnathebest »

why is it "pretending" and not legit reach out on another person I got a strong town read on?

pedit: I meant why reach out to you vs all those other people I could reach out to
The strong person is not the good wrestler. Rather, the strong person is the one who controls himself when he is angry.
yoncé
yoncé
Townie
yoncé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by yoncé »

In post 1091, Antihero wrote:mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ok i see what hoopla was saying about too easy now

Extreme Tinfoil Theory, "what if" not "what I believe": Antihero tried to bus Boonskiies as hard as possible, but after resistance built up recently decided Boonskiies could live another day.

Discuss? Or not.
i sneezed on the beat
and the beat got sicker
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:06 pm

In post 1098, Antihero wrote:b/c you're acting like you're trying to talk to me aaaaaaaaaand

you're actually not nothing is getting done

I haven't tried to talk to you!
And maybe fair point that we haven't gotten anything done yet but it's also been like a day and I think you're maybe being a little unreasonable if you expect us to get stuff done in a day?
The strong person is not the good wrestler. Rather, the strong person is the one who controls himself when he is angry.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:08 pm

In post 1106, yoncé wrote:
In post 1091, Antihero wrote:mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ok i see what hoopla was saying about too easy now

Extreme Tinfoil Theory, "what if" not "what I believe": Antihero tried to bus Boonskiies as hard as possible, but after resistance built up recently decided Boonskiies could live another day.

Discuss? Or not.

I have a pretty hard time getting to the boonskies scum point and don't think antihero is scum unless his scumgame has made some pretty crazy strides from the last time I played with him, so doubtful.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by Egg »

Regfan, I'm gonna need you to tell me what was so obvtown about Hypo's play. I didn't see it that way.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by eyestott »

So wait, hydras can have 3 people? This is getting confusing, what with all the replacements. I don't know what to think right this moment, but I have 8 hours left in one of my other games, so I'm devoted to that one at the moment.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Obvtown.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 1111, Boonskiies wrote:Obvtown.

? Who?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:02 pm

Post by Regfan »

Finally home, read some of the game on the train/bus to and from work so close to catching up, going to get dinner ect. sorted and get back to reading this / doing ISO's, will probably have my reads and thoughts up in a few hours. Near getting to the end of D1 btw and the no lynch was despicable.

In post 1096, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:I would like your detailed explanation because you replacing into that sort of slot doesn't make any sense at all, although didn't read HB's posts so that might explain a thing or two!

(And also to Egg): I'll elaborate on it later but a) HBs replace out post was insanely town as was the follow up post explaining it, b) HBs post re; their Grey read was beyond obvtown and c) HBs line of question to Arc was p genuine. Now my turn for the question, Nacho how have you not read HBs posts when suggests you've read the whole game. I call bullshit on your excuse, really really do. And if you 'haven't read HBs posts' why throw a vote down on a slot where you have only read 1/2 of the available information on? P sure you're slots scum for this alone.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:09 am

Post 1059 is Mara's post because she has read the whole game. I recently started catching up on parts of the game as they become relevant to me: the first things I care about is forming reads based on who is around and how they respond to me, don't really care about forming bigger pictures until I have an idea of who the scumteam is.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:16 am

In post 1113, Regfan wrote:And if you 'haven't read HBs posts' why throw a vote down on a slot where you have only read 1/2 of the available information on? P sure you're slots scum for this alone.

Why would I need to be fully informed about a playerslot before I vote it?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:19 am

Vote: Eyesott
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:21 am

Post by eyestott »

Hi.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:23 am

Post by eyestott »

Wanna give a reason for your vote?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:41 am

What is your updated read on Antihero?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:56 am

Post by Regfan »

Finished getting through most of the game, got about a million different thoughts going through my head, will probably just mull on most of it a bit and post my thoughts tomorrow night, hopefully more of it clicks then - don't have as many town reads right now as I'd like.

In post 1115, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:Why would I need to be fully informed about a playerslot before I vote it?

Uh, for obvious reasons? Reading both players in the slot will either strengthen or weaken your initial 'read' on the slot. You not taking it into account or considering it looks p disingenuous especially given that HB a) Was in the game a significant amount longer and b) Has more readable content.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:23 am

In post 1120, Regfan wrote:
In post 1115, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:Why would I need to be fully informed about a playerslot before I vote it?

Uh, for obvious reasons? Reading both players in the slot will either strengthen or weaken your initial 'read' on the slot. You not taking it into account or considering it looks p disingenuous especially given that HB a) Was in the game a significant amount longer and b) Has more readable content.

I feel like your biggest problem with my Ank vote is me not taking enough time on it to make it a proper read, which means you still don't really know where I was coming from. When I voted Ank, I voted him because I didn't like the Boonskies wagon, I had vague townreads on the two people voting him because of their responses to Boonskies, so I glanced through Ank to see if he made a good starting point: I wasn't really interested in his predecessor because ank has no need to answer any questions criticizing his predecessor with anything except 'I am not them".
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:19 am

Post by Murder of Crows »

I am back. I am home! And home is a wonderful place!

Unfortunately, I've gotten so disconnected from this game that I really need to treat it as though I'm replacing in. Which is what I'm going to do. I think I saw one question addressed to me in the last 5 or so pages. I'll start there and then catch up.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:41 am

Post by Murder of Crows »

In post 1104, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Yet to fully catch up (that will happen this weekend) but I have a burning question for Ffery. During D1, when you thought you were going to be lynched, you tried to sort Medea. What are your thoughts on Cabd's interaction with you and what made you think that they were more likely town?

What made this such a burning question, given all the other game's events?

The main thing was his posts' tonal content echoed how I was feeling about the game at that point. Some of it objectively isn't alignment related. It's more of a question of how vulnerable would scum-Cabd make his strategy with weak presence early on? It's a wispy read, though, and aside from that scum-strategy question, I haven't found anything to push the read more townward today, and in fact felt that post is one of those horrible (for me to interpret) posts he makes as both alignments when he's pushing a lynch based on percentages and arguments about overwhelming quantities of wifom. Not how he describes it. How I think about it.

I have no idea if Boonskiies is an experienced enough player to see all the potential role modifiers and role interaction ramifications that would make his assumption naive. Starting with the assumption that the ability was actually a lightning rod. His own role's ambiguity should have been a clue, though.

I just completed a game where I had a dreaming god role and I found it to be a huge distraction, trying to figure out what sorts of things my abilities could be. They were character-flavored, but maybe one of them was semi-obvious as to what it might do.

I know his claimed actions/abilities have been gone over carefully. I'm going to go through them myself, thinking about my own recent experience with a blind-inventor sort of role.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:07 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Cabd-Ffery sorting dances are one of the more entertaining ones to watch (you should make it pay per view), and I found it to be the most interesting thing in the game so far.

What struck me was Cabd didn't seem enthusiastic so I was surprised to see a town read coming out of it. I don't really understand what you mean by "tonal content" and "how vulnerable would scum-Cabd make his strategy with weak presence early on?"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”