orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

it's also a very good lynch right now
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1097, Drake Crusader wrote:
In post 1094, Konowa wrote:Drake, L-1. Claim. Nao.

But, at last I shall confess.
I am your normal town member.
Eh you can vote me off tho. I am not much of a help I figure and one less town will help make mafia's job easier. At least I got that list up. This game has been frustrating to say the least.

Not even going to say VT/vanilla or anything? Just normal?

Lynch it, boys!!
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1083, Varsoon wrote:Uuuuuggggh.
Ugggh.
Ugh.
Screw all you guys.
VOTE: drake

Good vote!

In post 1093, Formerfish wrote:Doing shit with the family day. I'll catch up soon.

Hi Scum.

In post 1095, Drake Crusader wrote:
Acryon
null town - He seems to want to scumhunt. He has posted good content that I did actually enjoy reading for an incite on his thinking. Appears to be town in nature will have to see what he thinks about last few pages when he comes back. Until then he is null town slot.
BBT
null scum - Has played town pretty much all game as well. The only issue I have is the beginning of the game when he focuses Thor with vicious intent. Could be a case where he turned in his scum buddy for ult town cred. That and the feeling that he is holding quite a bit back earns him the null scum on my list.
Boon
scum - The hammer! The self vote. The way he tries to appeal to the town to make them feel bad for his mistakes. Good chance for him to flip scum in this game. I know im not the only one seeing this connection.
He is now my official top read. I only wanted to play with the Konowa wagon for a little bit. Still feel he is scummy but, Boon has more chance of flipping then Konowa will.
These two posts are also reasoning for why im against him.
In post 904, Boonskiies wrote:I've never self-voted as scum before.

Using meta as a defense is honestly stupid anymore. It can be fabricated. I see this as " Look at me! I played a games where I self-voted and wasn't scum. Im such a pro!"
In post 941, Boonskiies wrote:I also don't think so. If I had a scum partner I didn't want on my team, I wouldn't bat an eye about bussing them. I'd go through with it for my own town cred, so they don't mess it up for me.

This post relates back to the idea I had with BBT. As boon stated he was on both wagons (thor and my own) along with the fact that killing off his partner would buy him town cred for the rest of the game. This would also assist him in the smoothing out of any mistakes he would make during the game itself.
FormerFish
town ( I left out the others in his slot.) He appears town in nature and wants to go out and scum hunt. Kinda like him and I believe what he says.
KillerJester
null town - Haven't really found a home for him let. I shall later on. Seems town in nature as well. Don't really see any points to latch on to and dissect.
Konowa
scum - Very aggressive and appears to be vengeful his posts don't sit well and I could see him easily wanting distance from thor. He is a player who seems to go independently with winning this for mafia. This decision is based mostly on gut.
orcinus_theoriginal
null - Kinda scum like. Kinda town like. He dances between the stances with his posts and is not afraid to push or turtle up. He is and will most likely be a hard read I will have to come up with a spot for him aswell but, for now he is on the radar.
Varsoon
town - An angry townie actually. He just rages and then goes back to playing with his toys again. A lot of posts with a lot of content. After rereading his stuff I have concluded that he is not the scum I thought he was and instead has been moved to town for now. Posted some helpful advice in between his outbursts.
Xiao Long
null to scum - The self vote on himself is something that I view as a scum tell. Salty as can be and a touch rash. He just appears to have blinders on this game and looks like it will continue throughout. Kinda reminds me of a toned down Varsoon.
Zebulin
town - Helpful, appears to be honest and on point. Feel very good he will flip town at endgame.

I near enough disagree with every single read here. More than happy to lynch you.

Can you explain why Acryon is only null-town when everything you said about him pointed to a town-read?

You're claiming your vote on Konowa wasn't a serious vote? Even though you put him to L-1? I find that hard to believe. I'm sure Boon is your 'top read' now because the Konowa wagon has died down.

Fish has barely done anything and he gets a solid town-read over someone like Orc? You're gonna have to elaborate on that for me.

Konowa is scum because...he's aggressive? Last time I checked, playing aggressively wasn't a scum-tell.
But, at last I shall confess. I am your normal town member. Eh you can vote me off tho.
I am not much of a help I figure and one less town will help make mafia's job easier.
At least I got that list up. This game has been frustrating to say the least.

I have a real problem seeing the bolded coming from a town mindset. Why would town want to make mafia's job easier?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:24 am

Post by acryon »

Don't have a ton of time, so here are a couple key notes from my read-through.
- from Drake is obviously terrible. Seems incredibly contrived with no clear intent to scum-hunt. The follow-up reads-list doesn't necessarily make me feel any better, although I'm not confident that it is coming from scum vs. someone that isn't interested in the game.
-Jester is town. No fence-sitting. Original comments. Specifically just doesn't seem like it would come from scum at all. Saying Thor was a scum-read definitely felt like a genuine town-slip, especially given the rest of the content of the post.

I also went through and looked for questions asked of me so I could at least answer those.

@Formerfish:
Re: Townblocs. Townblocs are fine if they are organic.
Re: Suspicion. I think being suspicious of someone over one thing is generally fine, but your level of confidence in the scum-read should be correlated with the level of realistic possibility that action has of being attached to scum (of course in the context of this game).
Re: RVS. RVS can, and does provide useful information. Getting out of it quickly is good though, because there are many many players that are fine just joking around for longer than I like. That's not my style, so I'd prefer to push us out of it sooner rather than later. It gives us more real content to go off of D1, where real content is often lacking.
Re: Orc vs Thor. Orc seemed extremely town. I had played with Thor once before and he was scum. I was the only person that believed it and saw it at the time, but in this game, it didn't feel quite the same. The reasons many were scum-reading him initially didn't ping me the same way he pinged me that last game with him.

@KillerJester:
Re: Switch on Boonskies lynch. Just like in the last game I played with Boonskies, I was back and forth in my mind on lynching him many many times. Players that seem to be trolling/VI's do that to me, and I'm still working on figuring those types of players out more reliably. The vote came for two reasons. 1) To provide some pressure for Boon to come back to, so I could hopefully have more to truly work out that read, and 2) The vote came on the scum end of the town-scum Boon pendulum that seemed to exist in my mind. Because of his style, he's a tough player to read, as he is someone who I think could easily be town or scum in any given game, as his actions don't seem to align to one or the other.

I'll do some more reading when I have a little time tomorrow, and will specifically look a little more at what Konowa and Varsoon have done since I've been gone. I'll also have a vote then.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:25 am

Post by Shinobi »

Vote Count

Drake Crusader
(5): orcinus_theoriginal, Boonskiies, Konowa, BlueBloodedToffee, Varsoon
BlueBloodedToffee
(2): Xiao Long, Formerfish
Varsoon
(1): killerjester
Boonskiies
(1): Zebulin
Konowa
(1): Drake Crusader

Not Voting
(1): acryon

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2014-12-17 18:00:00)
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:56 am

Post by Drake Crusader »

Can you explain why Acryon is only null-town when everything you said about him pointed to a town-read?

- I have no clear sign that he is town. From his posts he appears town but, I do not have anything solid.
You're claiming your vote on Konowa wasn't a serious vote? Even though you put him to L-1? I find that hard to believe. I'm sure Boon is your 'top read' now because the Konowa wagon has died down.

- Im sure if you want me to flip town I can always just vote myself and self hammer. Anyway he is my 2nd suspect so it was a semi serious vote. I wanted him lynched but, after reviewing boon is a much better chance to flip scum here.
Fish has barely done anything and he gets a solid town-read over someone like Orc? You're gonna have to elaborate on that for me.

- Fish's posts I can relate to much better than what orc has posted. Orc is most likely town as well as Fish so in all they are both town reads section. The reason why I put orc down as scum/town is that Orc keeps flopping back and forth for me by his posts. However, he like I just said is prob town and im just not getting it.
I have a real problem seeing the bolded coming from a town mindset. Why would town want to make mafia's job easier?

- Well im not trying to honestly. I got back into the game a few days ago and just had a lot of content to go through. This is the best I got at this time. So I know im not much help atm. If you lynch me I will flip town. Simple as that.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Boonskiies
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:52 am

Post by Zebulin »

Why another unexplained vote, Drake?

Do you have in-depth reads for everyone, or at least more in-depth than 1 line?

At this point I'd hammer you if there were less days on the clock, and I'm sure some of the other players not on your wagon would too. If you are town, though, it would be better for you to say all your reads and suspicions on players so we have something to go on.

Orc, you're probably the one who will get NK'd, so I would say your reads too.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:55 am

town
xiao
acryon
zebulin
killerjester
boonskiies
formerfish

probabletown
bbt
god help me but varsoon is here as well

actually my townlist is too big and i have to reevaluate.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Drake Crusader »

Why another unexplained vote, Drake?

- Not unexplained. He is stated as my first scum pick and I forgot to vote him earlier when I posted it so I figured I would do it now.
Do you have in-depth reads for everyone, or at least more in-depth than 1 line?

- Not for everyone. However, I will type what I have and continue with the last 3 I need.
At this point I'd hammer you if there were less days on the clock, and I'm sure some of the other players not on your wagon would too. If you are town, though, it would be better for you to say all your reads and suspicions on players so we have something to go on.

- I would invite someone to hammer me if need-be. This game has been frustrating due to the life outside and the bickering inside on this thread. Honestly , I would hate to get focused now and start helping only to get hammered tomorrow. So If you think you want me gone might as well get it done with or so catch a scum player.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'd back down but can't now.
Stickin with it.
We'll get good info from this, especially given interactions. :3
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:26 am

In post 1109, Varsoon wrote:I'd back down but can't now.
Stickin with it.
We'll get good info from this, especially given interactions. :3

I don't see many interactions that will give us info.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

-The whole wagon on Drake has variable amounts of input on why
-Drake has a reads writeup and claim
-People have reacted to Drake's reads/claim
-There has been plenty of interaction/words directed at Drake through the whole of D2

If you can't find anything from him in this game, then you need to step it up.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:02 am

In post 1111, Varsoon wrote:-The whole wagon on Drake has variable amounts of input on why
-Drake has a reads writeup and claim
-People have reacted to Drake's reads/claim
-There has been plenty of interaction/words directed at Drake through the whole of D2

If you can't find anything from him in this game, then you need to step it up.

Well, you stated interactions first and have then proceeded to state 3 things that have nothing to do with interactions.

Drake has hardly interacted with anybody this whole game, never mind toDay.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

If you're narrowly seeing 'interactions' as moments when only Drake responded to what another player did/asked/wrote, then you should open your lens a bit more.
Interactions encompass every bit of engagement with the slot from every other slot and vice-versa. Just because one player doesn't specifically cite what about Drake made them write a thing or just because Drake isn't citing every post that informs his reads, it doesn't mean that all that isn't a factor.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 843, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 816, Formerfish wrote:
Yes, I even said that someone was the second to make mention of it. And you could make the same argument for scum on the wagon, it would behoove them to make a case for scum being off it. This point is actually pretty weak of you to make because it assumes evidence that we don’t have with conclusions based on that absent evidence.

Yeah, I can see what you're saying here. I guess it's more from my POV as I feel confident in a lot of town-reads on the Thor wagon.
Thor665 (7): orcinus_theoriginal, randomidget, BlueBloodedToffee, Zebulin, Xiao Long, acryon, Boonskiies

Orc is town because of Orc Vs Thor, Random conf town, I'm town, Zeb is town because he chose to vote Thor when the two leading wagons were at L-4(?), Xiao is the one I am least confident on but his shit-fit he threw kinda makes me want to think he is town, Acryon's read progression from being on Thor side of Thor vs Orc to eventually voting Thor feels genuine and, well, we've been over Boon.
So, for me, that leaves both(?) scum off the wagon. At least for now.

I guess this is going to be an agree to disagree situation. I see where you are coming from, but I see no motivation for scum to stay off a wagon they are never going to catch any heat from. Added to the fact that it is rare, in my experience, to see an all town wagon like that.
He then pops back up during your face off with Xiao to play referee. So yeah, null read there.

Is this somehow alignment indicative for you?

Alignment indicative on its own, no. It could have greater implications later on depending on flips when looking at associative tells.

Your notes on Varsoon are worringly thin given the amount of posts he has. Like, you don't even explain why he is in your town-reads. Can you do that for me?

My experience with Varsoon comes from Touhou, where we were both town. I feel like reading his posts this game that I see the exact same thing I did that game. If it makes a difference, he was even getting scum reads in that game for his play. Mostly I would say that this is a strong gut read.
I have even less on Gams and he is one of my top scum reads, why don’t you take issue with the skeletal notes on him?

Because Gam hasn't posted anywhere near as much as Varsoon, so naturally, there is more to say about Varsoon than there is Gam.

Which of the two do you feel needs more explanation behind it, a town read or a scum read?

Konowa I explained, Boonskiies I explained. Zeb and Gams I didn’t explain to much, mostly because there isn’t much to use for an explanation. And I don’t give a fuck what you think about my reads list. You however seem to really care about others since this is the second one you have basically called shit. Too many null reads, no good. Definite reads, no good.

I didn't say your reads-list was shit. I said they were convenient reads that, I would say, line up well with the general feel of the game so far. There isn't much 'going against the grain' for you to be called out on.

Can you elaborate on your Zeb scum-read?

I think that the “convenience” comes from the fact that I came into the game as late as I did. Having a larger picture unfold all at once allows for a clearer picture then if I was getting it piece meal. Its like the whole boiling a frog story. Also, I’m not going to really give a shit about what you think of my reads until you out your own. Cause right now it seems like you have something ot say about everyone elses list, while you are keeping yours close to your chest… for what reason?

As for my Zeb scum read: The first thing that pinged me was him saying that he was willing to give Goblin the benefit of the doubt on day 1, but was reading him as his biggest suspect for the stuff that he was giving him a pass on. It felt like he was talking out of both sides of his mouth. I felt like his interpretation of the Thor/All debate was off, like he was trying to twist it to fit a different narrative. Voting All for showing frustration when dealing with Thor was uberbad. Same thing with the Kono/All spat. Maybe it was being able to look back at it and take it all in at once, but I saw what All was saying about Konos play before it was even brought up in thread. The fact that she was basically getting attacked by two players and no one gave a shit that her points were being ignored is something I can understand very well. Scum tends to avoid rational discussions and debates because they can get trapped. They prefer to keep people at arms length and argue semantics and minute points in such length that towns eyes glaze over when trying to decipher the walls upon walls of shit posting. My read on Zeb comes down to a difference in opinion about how things are taken.
You don’t get to not answer questions either:
Why do you assume that the Thor wagon was all town?
Do you see many all town lynches?
Have you ever seen a townie self vote?

See above.
I have seen them, yes. In fact, in a recent game, if I had believed the VCA which pointed to a 6 player all town wagon, we would have lynched scum instead of town in LyLo.
Yes, I have.

Ok.
Ok, link?
Ok, so if you’ve seen town selfvote before, how do you figure out town v scum motivation for a selfvote?

In post 832, Xiao Long wrote:
Except that's not what you did, was it? You called a post shitty, then only later on when I got became noticeably annoyed by it did you try to justify it as scum hunting when in reality your post had no question and served no purpose than to insult.

You continuing to ignore what I was saying and try to bullshit spin it into something completely different than what I said made me lose any and all desire to continue the game.
Coming back to it now, it still pisses me off, but instead of voting myself, I'll just vote you for the incredibly scummy play that I was too annoyed to properly address.

VOTE: BBT

My vote's probably staying here the rest of the day unless someone somehow becomes scummier than you.

I have explained why I did what I did. If you don't believe me, I quite frankly couldn't give a shit. I'll refrain from interacting with you because
I don't want to make you cry.

The bolded part is unnecessary and partly why I don’t like you or your play. This could totally just be a view that I hold (I don’t think it is though) but I feel like scum has more motivation to be assholes than town does. And I think that this comment has no other purpose than to poke the bear and piss Xiao off. Especially when I’ve seen you do it over and over and to multiple people, myself included.

In post 860, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 859, Varsoon wrote:@BBT: Nuanced reading of the game, critical of self and reads, is putting in an effort that's pinging town to me--asks questions, isn't totally sure of self, is willing to take risks. I dunno, man, I dig it. If it was scum, he could've easily joined any of the large wagons. But not here. So yeah dawg.

I didn't see all that much analysis.

Personal opinion that no amount of arguing will show that you are wrong. Also, something that you haven’t tried to prove, just something you keep repeating.
Effort isn't indicative of alignment.

True, but you can start to sort me based off the content that I’m providing.
How is 'isn't sure of self' and 'willing to take risks' alignment indicative? In fact, how is he willing to take risks?

Putting a reads list out there that I’m going to have to stand behind and defend. That’s one.
Join the large wagons? You mean join the biggest wagon, like say, Konowa?

This makes it sound like I was on the Kono wagon, or are you just pointing out that I am scum reading Kono?

In post 864, Formerfish wrote:I don't think I'm on any wagon. And the more I think about it the more I want Boon to swing. That hammer was just megabad, like Sharknado without the campy goodness. Every game I've seen Boon play he has this loveable idiot act going on and he eventually says something along the lines of, "Well if I were scum, do you really think I'd do that?" and "Well if you guys lynch me then look at the people pushing me as scum, cause that's where the scum really is!" I just can't let this go on. Call it a policy lynch if you must, but if it walks like a scumbag, talks like a scumbag and plays like a scumbag, there's a good chance they are a scumbag.

Vote Boon

Varsoon, remember when you said something about scum jumping on the easiest wagons? What's your opinion on Fish jumping on the Boon wagon?

I guess you are buying into the too scummy to be scum idea that Boon likes to perpetuate. I’ll say this as plainly as I can. Boon is either scum, or bad for town. Either way he needs to die at somepoint.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 868, Varsoon wrote:
Dude literally posted over 1000 words of analysis on each player.
Doesn't matter--contributed effort allows for players to be more clearly read and lets the game move forward. It's pro-town even if it isn't alignment indicative.
Scum have information. Town have to find it out. He's willing to take risks by forming his own reads rather than YOLO-swaggin' into the game. The fact he's scumreading several players but not all of them feels genuine.
He hasn't even cast a vote as far as I am aware other than on Boon (and he explained this one fairly well)--in fact, he's voiced hesitance about joining the Konowa wagon.

BBT, I'm starting to wonder if you throwing flame like in the bolded is you just being incapable of reading the game or you literally being this bad at playing scum.
Either way, you've either got a terrible grasp on the game or you're really transparent when you're misrepping.
:l

Move BBT back up the list.
I'd be cool with a BBT, Boonskies, or Konowa lynch.

No, 'words' do not equal analysis. It was a running commentary on what had happened in the game with
very little
actual analysis. Of course it matters, you just tried to town-read him because of the effort he is putting in. Which is a ridiculous reason to town-read someone.

Hey, maybe we should lynch the players with the least posts and make our way up the list day by day? I'm sure we'll catch scum that way because there is no way they put as much effort into the game as town and therefore will have less posts. Or should we do it by word count? Tough choice. /sarcasm.

You keep saying the same thing like it is a fact. Recap. Little analysis. Show your work or you do not get credit for this point.

And Jesus, no one ever suggested that activity is the sole reason to give/get a town read. Don’t be so hyperbolic.
In post 882, Varsoon wrote:Why would you be killing Zebulin?
I have a TOTALLY 100% SCUMCLAIM FROM KONOWA
and I'm willing to chase this instead.

Because you're scum? Opportunistic vote change.

More buzz words.
In post 883, Boonskiies wrote:I always do totally random/make people question their town reads kills as scum. Anyways, I'm getting kind of irritated and done with this game, especially because I'm not important at all in this game, so Imma join the wagon.

Boon, I don't know wtf you're doing but can you stop now? Thanks.

Scum reads Xiao when he selfvotes. Boon does it and he gets gently redirected. Guess you saw this selfvote as coming from town?
In post 1001, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 961, Formerfish wrote:Well that escalated pretty quickly. I fail to see any reasoning (actual reasoning, you know not the bullshit buzz words you're slinging in my direction). And find it quite funny that you vote me when I refuse to answer your line of question when you are in turn refusing to out your reads, which is pretty anti town when you think about the denial of information. Its especially bothersome that the info you refuse to provide is something you've made more than one observation about when done by others. Personally, I'm am waiting with bated breath to see what this mastery of reads list must look like. I imagine a font like none I've seen before, and composition that would make 14th century French poets weep with envy.

Vote BBT

Let's fucking do this.

Well, I mean, you can clearly see I disliked your entry post for one. Then, you proceeded to completely stop the discussion we were having. I fail to see the town motivation in that.

Yes, I did see you throw some pot shots at my posts, must have missed where you broke them down to show scum motivation, or IIoA, or why you didn’t like them in any kind of detail. And the reason that I broke off our conversation is because in trying to sort you I realized that you hadn’t provided a reads list, something that would be very helpful to me in determining your alignment. When I asked you about this, you blew me off, and then eventually said that you weren’t providing one because you wanted to keep them close to the vest. What is the town motivation in that?

It's good to see that OMGUS is still a thing as well. Votes should be piling on Fish now, that would be great.

Again, OMGUS is a thing, my vote was not OMGUS.
In post 984, Formerfish wrote:I do find it a bit scummy to shit on everyone's reads and to then turn around and refuse to give your own. Especially I'm the way that he did it. Calling mine pedestrian but refusing to devulge his advantgaud reads in the same breath basically.

Added to all the shit hea been saying towards me = a scum read. I'd say Boon BBT team for the win.

So, this is you admitting you're voting me because I voted you, right?

Is that all you got out of that bit? No.
In post 1003, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1002, Formerfish wrote:
Well, if you ignore everything else I've said, squint real hard and then shove your head up your own ass I could see how scum would come to that conclusion.

But no. I won't admit to that because its not true and its a blatant attempt to discredit me, you know that bullshit tactic you've been trying against me since I came into the game.

So do you consider every return vote to be OMGUS? Cause I usually think of naked, knee jerk reactionary votes as OMGUS, but votes that come after an a) attempt to dance with the pretty bitch only to be turned away like the start of every 80's teen movie, b) an attempt to show scum motivation, and c) alarming feeling of deja vu from that last time I saw you in action, doesn't read as much of OMGUS as you are trying to play at.

Would you like to throw any other buzz words me way inaccurately for me to disprove?

Everything else you have said? Please, elaborate on why you are voting for me.

I disagree with some of your views, most notably that there was no scum on the Thor wagon, and feel like town should be more cautious when approaching things like this to avoid confbias. I feel like you are handwaving the content I have provided by saying it’s IIoA and not actual content. I don’t like the push you made on Xiao and the cheap shots you throw out there. I see scum motivation in your actions, so you are getting scum read by me. When I tried to engage you on issues and get a reads list out of you you shut that down without even giving an explanation, and then when I said that I had an issue with that you voted me. What great scum motivator is there behind asking for you to provide reads, and then saying that I didn’t like that you wouldn’t?
I consider
your
vote OMGUS because I do not see your case on me. Don't act like I'm the one stopping the discussion because that is flat out untrue. You've attempted to show scum motivation for who?

Still not OMGUS. Keep saying it though, I’m sure your buddy will pick up on this eventually and start backing you up.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Formerfish »

Don't meta read me. Nobody ever gets it right.

Well, shucks. You know the last person who told me I couldn’t do meta I ran a fucking train on and successfully lynched scum. So I am going to do what I like to do.

So other than meta, your stopping of our discussion (how does this make me scum?) and my refusal to provide reads (how does this make me scum?), do you actually have any reason to be voting for me? (Note: OMGUS is not a reason. You should stop doing that.)

See above.
p.s.- Still not OMGUS, nice to see you really sticking with the accusation though.

In post 1040, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Drake

You called Varsoons vote on Boon opportunistic. Can you explain how this vote was not the same thing? I do know you mentioned disdain for Drake earlier, but you waited until there was 3 votes on him already to move your vote over.
In post 1102, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1083, Varsoon wrote:Uuuuuggggh.
Ugggh.
Ugh.
Screw all you guys.
VOTE: drake

Good vote!

So if someone votes the way that you want them to, it’s not opportunistic. If they vote a way that you don’t like then it is opportunistic. Got it.

In post 1093, Formerfish wrote:Doing shit with the family day. I'll catch up soon.

Hi Scum.

Was there something particularly scummy in that you found in this post, or is this just you not so subtly reminding everyone about your read on me?
Acryon
null town - He seems to want to scumhunt. He has posted good content that I did actually enjoy reading for an incite on his thinking. Appears to be town in nature will have to see what he thinks about last few pages when he comes back. Until then he is null town slot.
BBT
null scum - Has played town pretty much all game as well. The only issue I have is the beginning of the game when he focuses Thor with vicious intent. Could be a case where he turned in his scum buddy for ult town cred. That and the feeling that he is holding quite a bit back earns him the null scum on my list.
Boon
scum - The hammer! The self vote. The way he tries to appeal to the town to make them feel bad for his mistakes. Good chance for him to flip scum in this game. I know im not the only one seeing this connection.
He is now my official top read. I only wanted to play with the Konowa wagon for a little bit. Still feel he is scummy but, Boon has more chance of flipping then Konowa will.

Using meta as a defense is honestly stupid anymore. It can be fabricated. I see this as " Look at me! I played a games where I self-voted and wasn't scum. Im such a pro!"
In post 941, Boonskiies wrote:I also don't think so. If I had a scum partner I didn't want on my team, I wouldn't bat an eye about bussing them. I'd go through with it for my own town cred, so they don't mess it up for me.

This post relates back to the idea I had with BBT. As boon stated he was on both wagons (thor and my own) along with the fact that killing off his partner would buy him town cred for the rest of the game. This would also assist him in the smoothing out of any mistakes he would make during the game itself.
FormerFish
town ( I left out the others in his slot.) He appears town in nature and wants to go out and scum hunt. Kinda like him and I believe what he says.
KillerJester
null town - Haven't really found a home for him let. I shall later on. Seems town in nature as well. Don't really see any points to latch on to and dissect.
Konowa
scum - Very aggressive and appears to be vengeful his posts don't sit well and I could see him easily wanting distance from thor. He is a player who seems to go independently with winning this for mafia. This decision is based mostly on gut.
orcinus_theoriginal
null - Kinda scum like. Kinda town like. He dances between the stances with his posts and is not afraid to push or turtle up. He is and will most likely be a hard read I will have to come up with a spot for him aswell but, for now he is on the radar.
Varsoon
town - An angry townie actually. He just rages and then goes back to playing with his toys again. A lot of posts with a lot of content. After rereading his stuff I have concluded that he is not the scum I thought he was and instead has been moved to town for now. Posted some helpful advice in between his outbursts.
Xiao Long
null to scum - The self vote on himself is something that I view as a scum tell. Salty as can be and a touch rash. He just appears to have blinders on this game and looks like it will continue throughout. Kinda reminds me of a toned down Varsoon.
Zebulin
town - Helpful, appears to be honest and on point. Feel very good he will flip town at endgame.

I near enough disagree with every single read here. More than happy to lynch you.

Here we go again.
Fish has barely done anything and he gets a solid town-read[…]

Do you get tired rehashing the same baseless shit time and time again?
But, at last I shall confess. I am your normal town member. Eh you can vote me off tho.
I am not much of a help I figure and one less town will help make mafia's job easier.
At least I got that list up. This game has been frustrating to say the least.

This is one thing we agree on. The statement is weird.

BBT, I guess my scum read on you comes down to the way you choose to interact with me. I don’t see you trying to sort me, I see you with your mind being made up since the first time I posted. I see you posting with confbias up one said and down the other. A lot of what I don’t like about you could come down to a difference in playstyle, but I just see little to no town motivation in the way you play. And with re: your reads on Boon v. Drake. Boon is a town read for you (somefucking how) so anyone who speaks ill of him you try to throw a scum tag on using opportunistic as your reasoning. Drake is someone you have a scum read on (with some reasoning) and are buddying up to everyone trying to get the lynch.
What I don’t get is this. You could easily make a case for scumBoon based off bad play, but you are handwaving it away. Drake makes a couple bad posts and you are drinking beers, tying the noose and riling up your redneck buddies for a night on the town. What is the difference between the two?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: BBT
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm a-cool wit dis.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Formerfish »

I messed up the tags in the middle one. I couldnt figure out how so I said fuck it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

I like your points on BBT.
In particular, I really don't like the Drake wagon or BBT's interaction on it.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 1102, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Acryon
BBT
Boon

FormerFish
KillerJester
Konowa
orcinus_theoriginal
Varsoon
Xiao Long
Zebulin

I mean, this is really the only quote you need to lynch BBT. "Your reads don't match mine, so you are scum."
Made that size 300 cause it's the cool thing to do.
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:08 am

my heart does not believe in this wagon.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Xiao Long »

Why not? I mean, he's misrepped, sheeped, trolled and done things he's accused others of doing that he says are scummy (opportunistic voting).
Who is a better lynch today? Drake? Konowa? Boon? Aside from BBT, those are the only people I can see being possibly scum atm, but I don't think they're scummier than he is.
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:19 am

i mean we literally just forced drake to claim

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”