Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Major Minor »

In post 98, DeathNote wrote:
In post 86, Major Minor wrote:Why isn't anyone commenting on the fact that my claim contradicts Skitty's claim?

Because you didn't claim. You said your role may contradict the survivors roles which means nothing really.

I am against lynching the survivor and would prefer a vig shot on him. Claiming survivor day 1 isn't very smart so I am not sure what the underlying motive there is.

EDIT: Unless the meta read on NS is true.

In post 66, Major Minor wrote:Eh, I guess I'll claim. Won't get any juicier than this!

In post 65, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 63, Major Minor wrote:Wisdom, I know bastard game means lies and stuff, but this isn't one of the things I would think can be touched or altered by that.

I can't think of something that makes survivor unlikely to exist, but okay

~Wis

How about, "another survivor with a different win condition"?

I can't just win with anyone. I specifically can
only win with mafia or town
. I highly doubt the moderator put in two survivors in the first place (though admittedly possible), but if he did, they would have the same win condition. And They specifically stated they can win with ANYONE, which is very different from mafia/town only.
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 95, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 70, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 68, Bulbazak wrote:@Wisdom: He could be telling the truth, which is why we should lynch it and not leave the possibility of a cult open.

No, we shouldn't. Whoever believes him can just refrain from targetting him.

~Wis

Redirectors, town who don't want to be town, etc, third parties with impossible win conditions, etc. It's better just not to leave that option open.

~Wis

The possibility of a redirector just strengthens the argument to lynch me
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Major Minor »

Also, I'm going with some friends to see a play tonight and will be spending the evening with them, so I might not be around to post much until tomorrow afternoon. Just a heads up!
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 99, Major Minor wrote:
In post 93, Bulbazak wrote:P-edit: @Major: I don't see the contradiction between the two roles.

You don't see a contradiction between two roles, both being survivors, having different win conditions? Why can I only win with town/mafia, but Skitty can win with any alignment?

Given the possibility of cult, no I do not.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:05 am

Post by The Will of Heaven »

In post 97, Bulbazak wrote:@Wisdom: Then why aren't you voting him?!?

I've already made a post addressing this.
I don't like your AA read.

~Wis
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:06 am

Post by GGG »

In post 93, Bulbazak wrote:The way AA9 talked to me is not coming from a town place. She tried to placate me and then went with a fake question to UT to make it look like she was town scumhunting. Nothing about that exchange was natural and coming from a town mindset.

In post 78, GGG wrote:
So if we choose not to lynch a claimed survivor who has committed to vote the largest wagon. We get to Lylo and the survivor votes the towniest person so the remaining scum jump on to win. How is this not be the outcome? And if this is the outcome how is it not better for us to lynch now.

Again, this is voting for policy reasons. If Skitty is a survivor, then her only goal is to stay alive, which means it doesn't matter who she votes. Personally, since survivors share the wincon, I have no problem with that and would instead make sure that she votes in our favor. If you think she's scum for the claim, then that's one thing. However, if you are trying to lynch her because she's a survivor, which it sounds like you are, then that is very scummy, since you are focusing on a useless wagon over a useful wagon on an anti-town role, or in lieu of actual scumhunting.

P-edit: @Major: I don't see the contradiction between the two roles.

I am saying lynch the survivor who wins with both factions as policy. At Lylo how will you ensure the survivor does not vote with scum.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:07 am

In post 96, Skitty wrote:I actually probably wouldn't mind playing mafia in this playerlist, nt tho

Multiple survivors with different win conditions isn't a surprise to me in the least

I doubt one survivor would be strictly easier than the other, though, which is where the problems begi. Why wouldn't you mind playing scum in this playerlist when you mind playing scum everywhere else?

~Wis
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Major Minor »

In post 103, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 99, Major Minor wrote:
In post 93, Bulbazak wrote:P-edit: @Major: I don't see the contradiction between the two roles.

You don't see a contradiction between two roles, both being survivors, having different win conditions? Why can I only win with town/mafia, but Skitty can win with any alignment?

Given the possibility of cult, no I do not.

So I have to specifically only win with mafia/town, while Skitzy has the same alignment/role as me but wins with mafia, town, cult, Serial Killer, or whatever other wonky alignments exist?

Do you not think that's a little ridiculous?
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:08 am

In post 105, GGG wrote:
In post 93, Bulbazak wrote:The way AA9 talked to me is not coming from a town place. She tried to placate me and then went with a fake question to UT to make it look like she was town scumhunting. Nothing about that exchange was natural and coming from a town mindset.

In post 78, GGG wrote:
So if we choose not to lynch a claimed survivor who has committed to vote the largest wagon. We get to Lylo and the survivor votes the towniest person so the remaining scum jump on to win. How is this not be the outcome? And if this is the outcome how is it not better for us to lynch now.

Again, this is voting for policy reasons. If Skitty is a survivor, then her only goal is to stay alive, which means it doesn't matter who she votes. Personally, since survivors share the wincon, I have no problem with that and would instead make sure that she votes in our favor. If you think she's scum for the claim, then that's one thing. However, if you are trying to lynch her because she's a survivor, which it sounds like you are, then that is very scummy, since you are focusing on a useless wagon over a useful wagon on an anti-town role, or in lieu of actual scumhunting.

P-edit: @Major: I don't see the contradiction between the two roles.

I am saying lynch the survivor who wins with both factions as policy. At Lylo how will you ensure the survivor does not vote with scum.

It seems dumb as shit to lynch a survivor for being a survivor when there are likely many many many killing roles that can take care of bad survivors for us and we don't have to waste a lynch on it. What do you think of the Major Minor claim?

~Wis
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 71, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 68, Bulbazak wrote:@AA9:

You I'm just going to forget it being a scum claim and look at that wagon later. There's definitely scum jumping on the survivor claim.

Chill Bluba, Why are you being so defensive about votes on Scum claim. Its just 4 votes.. You should remember that it require 13 for a lynch.

Placation. She wants me off her back, even though I'm not scumreading her at this point.

In post 71, ArcAngel9 wrote:
And this whole UT cult thingy.. UT, Why are you doing this so early.

This is fake and is meant to look like she's town asking questions. However, notice how the tone doesn't feel natural.

P-edit: GGG, why aren't you voting Major then?

@Major: Not really.

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:11 am

Post by DeathNote »

Yes I see the claim now, sorry I missed it.

Two survivors doesn't surprise me but yet again, claiming to eliminate another survivor is just plain bizarre.

@Skitty- Do you win with everyone or just mafia/town?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Skitty
Skitty
Townie
Skitty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Skitty »

Did I say any alignment

No I didn't

I said everyone yes because shorthand and too lazy to consider other possible options as I typed that out as soon as I got the role pm

As for why I claimed D1, I
stole
am using bork's idea he mentioned over skype once to claim early as survivor and just do nothing so niether side as incentive to want you dead

I think I'd like the challenge and you guys would let me get away with murder wis

pedit-

the latter
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:14 am

Post by DeathNote »

I should rephrase: Claiming survivor to eliminate ANYONE unless it is lylo will likely just get yourself eliminated.
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:14 am

Post by GGG »

In post 109, Bulbazak wrote:

You I'm just going to forget it being a scum claim and look at that wagon later. There's definitely scum jumping on the survivor claim.

P-edit: GGG, why aren't you voting Major then?

@Major: Not really.[/quote]

Major only wins with one alignment. So he is still like any other player. We have to determine if he is scum or town aligned.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:15 am

The first rule of ArcAngel is that she doesn't like people on her back.
I disagree about fake tones and the bullshit about "town asking questions", considering the question she asked wasn't meant to be answered.

~Wis
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:16 am

Post by DeathNote »

Then I have no intentions of voting either claimed survivors but will shoot one/both of them if I am a vig.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:17 am

In post 111, Skitty wrote:Did I say any alignment

No I didn't

I said everyone yes because shorthand and too lazy to consider other possible options as I typed that out as soon as I got the role pm

stole
am using bork's idea he mentioned over skype once to claim early as survivor and just do nothing so niether side as incentive to want you dead

I think I'd like the challenge and you guys would let me get away with murder wis

pedit-

the latter

This is bullshit. You said everyone: if your role PM said mafia or town you would have said mafia or town.
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:17 am

Post by GGG »

In post 111, Skitty wrote:Did I say any alignment

No I didn't

stole

pedit-

the latter

You said win with everyone. Does that not imply at least town and mafia. Otherwise you would have corrected it much earlier.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Arcangel gets indignant as town. However, go back and read my post prior to hers, I was not on her back at all.

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:20 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 94, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 90, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 66, Major Minor wrote:Eh, I guess I'll claim. Won't get any juicier than this!

In post 65, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 63, Major Minor wrote:Wisdom, I know bastard game means lies and stuff, but this isn't one of the things I would think can be touched or altered by that.

I can't think of something that makes survivor unlikely to exist, but okay

~Wis

How about, "another survivor with a different win condition"?

I can't just win with anyone. I specifically can
only win with mafia or town
. I highly doubt the moderator put in two survivors in the first place (though admittedly possible), but if he did, they would have the same win condition. And They specifically stated they can win with ANYONE, which is very different from mafia/town only.

This generally just adds to the "Skitty is prob scum" point. Although, if you win with only mafia or town, why didn't you push to lynch UT?

~Wis

This is a solid point

Agreed. Good enough for me to keep my vote on Skitty.

bluba,
Placate you? what are even saying? I am not trying to scum hunt.. I am scum hunting. I didn't believe Skitty claim because it was odd. And there is no reason behind it especially the timing. If he can win game with mafia or town, it is no good for town and moreover you defense over this looks weird.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Skitty
Skitty
Townie
Skitty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Skitty »

In post 116, The Will of Heaven wrote:This is bullshit. You said everyone: if your role PM said mafia or town you would have said mafia or town.

It's almost like I assumed I was the only 3p in this game!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

What the fuck are you dumbasses even arguing about. Fucking lynch me

SOMEONE is dumb enough to target me tonight. We do NOT need to introduce a cult to the game
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:22 am

In post 118, Bulbazak wrote:Arcangel gets indignant as town. However, go back and read my post prior to hers, I was not on her back at all.

I don't understand how this adds to your point.

~Wis
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:22 am

In post 76, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 13, Untrod Tripod wrote:
vote: Untrod Tripod

guys, you need to lynch me today.
I'm a town-aligned player
whose passive ability is that anyone who targets me has their wincon changed to Cult. The negative utility if town targets me is too high, and leaving me alive will raise too many questions come lategame. There's no way to get a cop to verify my alignment, since the cop will become a Cultist.

lynching me is the optimal day 1 play from my perspective.

I believe you! I would rather wait for inevitable day shenanigans to take care of you, though: if Kise made a bastard game and didn't include a day vigilante, then shame on him.

~Wis
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:23 am

In the meantime, I'm going to be nailing scum if you don't mind.

~Wis

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”