Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai »

Do you feel like they're anything less than 95% likely to be town? If not, then there was real value.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:01 am

Post by The Will of Heaven »

In post 956, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:now, you might say "setup spec is null", but in this context, it's scummy. why? there is a very distinct lack of scumhunting anywhere in here at all. it is a very basic tactic to comment on irrelevant things, or poke at things here and there, in order to appear like you're doing smth when you're really not.

So, I agree, BRO's initial catchup posts generally didn't have much in terms of pushes. I think it's a weak point to say that BRO as scum would be empty-posting early game as scum because generally the type of scum that adopt those types of strategies are shitty scum. Maybe BRO-scum would do something like that if he expected to be townread because he's not adopting an agenda or if it bucked his normal meta, but, he's had the view of his meta being hard as shit to read and constantly changing so that doesn't make sense and I have no idea why run of the mill posts would work towards BRO getting townread.

In post 956, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:I really didn't like this, in particular. it doesn't seem like it's coming from a mindset of trying to figure anything out; if you look at the reasoning he was using, most of the conclusions are pretty obvious, and I don't see why it was necessary to introduce the math into it. it should really be common sense not lynching a jester is more optimal than lynching if it's win-stealing. I feel like it's coming more from a scum-trying-to-gain-approval mindset with all the shiny numbers as opposed to actually trying to accomplish anything.

Don't really understand why math where it isn't necessary is a scumtell: maybe that would make sense if he was using it as added authority to push some scummy agenda through, but that doesn't really seem to be the case at all: waiting him to get shot was the optimal move regardless of whatever the fuck he was and that's what a majority of the playerlist had forgotten at that point. So, him pointing out the obvious doesn't mean he gets holy shit townpoints but I don't think it was an unnecessary move at the point.

In post 956, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:I didn't like either of these posts. neither of them add anything to the game; they are more posts that I feel are coming more from a scum-trying-to-gain-approval mindset as opposed to a town-trying-to-figure-things out mindset.

I don't like this point, it's a far far reach to get where you're going.

In post 956, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:this is the second sign of scum hunting in his ISO. as I said, I absolutely fucking hate this. it is a completely specious argument. it is an argument he made bc he was looking for stuff to comment on, saw this, and thought he could easily attribute scum motivation to it in a way no one would contest.

First of all, I'd like to point out that BRO as town picks up on the weirdest shit imaginable in ways that seem very very surface level and just stupidly wrong but actually end up being much more on point than you'd expect. For example, his observation to Mala's reaction to how she interacted with Hanzo's pushing hydras in Wicked Mafia which he pretty much got lynched for but was absolutely correct about. I don't think it's a bad point, either: you're correct, coaching is the wrong word. But BRO is completely correct that it makes absolutely no sense for town to go "didn't you know you claimed a policy lynch???" to someone who made themself a policy lynch. It does make sense for scumbuddy reacting to another scumbuddy making an egregious mistake without anyone's permission, though. I also don't understand why you think town is more likely to do something like that? Unless I misunderstood your implication, of course.

In post 956, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:this is *another* post that I feel is coming more from a scum-trying-to-seek-approval mindset than a town-trying-to-figure-things-out mindset. and the thing is, his frustration here seems entirely out of place. if you go to read Wicked, you will see that he pointed out a bunch of things about Mala and continuously argued for basically the entire D1 about it, while no one listened to him.

Read Wicked again: his case started with that one tiny point, and then expanded out to a full case later when Mala started posting more. No one listened to him, but he certainly held his initial point as important and kept bringing it up pages and pages later, which is similar to the mindset he's holding onto here. I think frustration makes sense when you're seeing history repeating itself: I've certainly seen people rage a lot earlier than they should when they start to see signs of a cycle, I know I do.

SHIT GOTTA GO =[
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:01 am

In post 1124, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:It's far less bad, because in this case it doesn't really do much to change the game for them. From here out they'll just play as normal.

Claiming survivor as scum is basically bussing your own slot for no reason, and completely ruins the game for your hydra partner.

same goes for town. you basically make yourself a lynch, and completely ruins the game for your hydra partner.
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:02 am

skitty won't be lynched.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:02 am

i dont have a clue wtf nacho is going on about, but even if ns is somehow town, I do not buy this out of nowhere certainty from you and pie that doesn't even make any sense.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:03 am

In post 1124, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:It's far less bad, because in this case it doesn't really do much to change the game for them. From here out they'll just play as normal.

Claiming survivor as scum is basically bussing your own slot for no reason, and completely ruins the game for your hydra partner.

You and I have very different perspectives on things.
I would not be a very happy camper at all if Wisdom claimed survivor in his first post without my permission.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:03 am

Post by The Goat »

Can you explain why on Earth they would do what they've done thus far as town? Because I can't.

I know for a fact they're lying, as well. My vote stays.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:03 am

In post 1129, The Will of Heaven wrote:i dont have a clue wtf nacho is going on about, but even if ns is somehow town, I do not buy this out of nowhere certainty from you and pie that doesn't even make any sense.

If you added me on Skype maybe you'd know!
mental somnic
mental somnic
Goon
mental somnic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:03 am

Post by mental somnic »

ITS ONE THING TO FAKECLAIM COP GUILTY TO LYNCH SOMEONE YOU FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT

ITS ANOTHER THING TO FAKECLAIM SURVIVOR (by the way, NOT verified yet) FOR NO FUCKING REASON EXCEPT TO GUARANTEE YOULL NEVER GET TO LYLO
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:04 am

In post 1131, The Goat wrote:

Can you explain why on Earth they would do what they've done thus far as town? Because I can't.

Notscience is going to fully out everything to you when he gets back online.
My vote isn't moving until then, but you deserve a pretty full explanation.
mental somnic
mental somnic
Goon
mental somnic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:06 am

Post by mental somnic »

I want to force pieguy to claim. (again). Really. Fucking dodgy.

Grrrrrr
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:06 am

In post 1117, mental somnic wrote:But why would he pull such a bullshit stunt for 0 reward?

Because he made a ridiculously bad mistake and was too arrogant to come clean when it clearly was having a bad effect everywhere else. Hopefully that will change when he sees my post! If not, I'm more than happy to clear the air.
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:07 am

Guys, he didn't just claim survivor; he simultaneously laid the groundwork to ensure he could back out. He wasn't in real danger.
mental somnic
mental somnic
Goon
mental somnic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:08 am

Post by mental somnic »

In post 1136, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 1117, mental somnic wrote:But why would he pull such a bullshit stunt for 0 reward?

Because he made a ridiculously bad mistake and was too arrogant to come clean when it clearly was having a bad effect everywhere else. Hopefully that will change when he sees my post! If not, I'm more than happy to clear the air.

Yeah, the deadline you stipulated works nice. You go, Na-cho~
mental somnic
mental somnic
Goon
mental somnic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:09 am

Post by mental somnic »

In post 1137, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:Guys, he didn't just claim survivor; he simultaneously laid the groundwork to ensure he could back out. He wasn't in real danger.

He can be in real danger if I out-push you. I seriously think he is dodgy as fuck and so are you, but that can be for another day.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:09 am

In post 1137, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:Guys, he didn't just claim survivor; he simultaneously laid the groundwork to ensure he could back out. He wasn't in real danger.

Yes he was. If you didn't come in and save his ass, he probably would've gotten himself killed before he had a chance to explain his game. If he stayed quiet and did literally none of this, he'd have a pretty long time of no one bothering him and not being a gigantic center of attention.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:10 am

Two more posts before I have to go:

CALED. CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NEIGHBORS WITH GOAT. THANK YOU.
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:10 am

And we haven't claimed anything. Pie was just demanding he be heard re:skitty in a way I disagree with.
mental somnic
mental somnic
Goon
mental somnic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:11 am

Post by mental somnic »

In post 1140, The Will of Heaven wrote:

Yes he was. If you didn't come in and save his ass, he probably would've gotten himself killed before he had a chance to explain his game. If he stayed quiet and did literally none of this, he'd have a pretty long time of no one bothering him and not being a gigantic center of attention.

Without the survivor claim he would be getting significantly less flak, yes
mental somnic
mental somnic
Goon
mental somnic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:11 am

Post by mental somnic »

In post 1142, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:And we haven't claimed anything. Pie was just demanding he be heard re:skitty in a way I disagree with.

No you haven't but I can make you

But that is not necessary
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:12 am

Post by The Goat »

In post 1141, The Will of Heaven wrote:Two more posts before I have to go:

CALED. CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NEIGHBORS WITH GOAT. THANK YOU.

This would be a nice start, although...to be fair...I think Caled was sorta running on fumes personally. NS should do this immediately.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:18 am

Pie:

I feel overall your case on BRO is that he seems to be currying favor instead of actually figuring shit out: you take a lot of quotes and a lot of words to say this, but ultimately this is your point. I don't think BRO is incapable of faking scumhunting as scum: I think BRO is probably in the top 5% of scum players on site and I think faking scumhunting is one of the first skills you learn as scum. I don't think that BRO as scum would play to curry favor to the lower 50% of players in this playerlist (which is what he would be doing as scum in this situation): he gains much more by currying to bigger voices (me, you, Southern Belles off the top of my head) and he sure as hell isn't going to fool any of these people with setup spec and no scumhunting. I also think you bring up decent points to why BRO is playing subpar, but I don't really understand how this equals gotcha scum, if that makes sense.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:20 am

Post by shos »

HOW DO YOU KNOW??
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
mental somnic
mental somnic
Goon
mental somnic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:23 am

Post by mental somnic »

Lol I think every possible considered scenario involves skitty lying about something
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:24 am

Post by The Goat »

In post 1147, shos wrote:

HOW DO YOU KNOW??

Because Caled denied being my neighbor. I asked the skitty hydra, on our board, wtf they're doing. Called turned on me and accused me of chatting with scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”