curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

So glad I signed up for this game :roll:

Love getting lynched for fluff reasons. Just remember who joined my wagon and for what reasons. I got in-laws coming into tonight for the holidays and my time will be short to post for the next couples days (awesome timing). I will try to post a little more today, but there are no guarantees.

My wagon is utter shit. There is only one person on it that actually has a non-fluff/setup reason. ABR is (as always) useless if he is town. If he is scum, he is resting firmly on his "my play is anti-town" meta.

I am going to go ahead a claim because there is no need to hold up this wagon if I cant post later (and people are waiting for my claim).

I am a....

Town VT.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:49 am

also note to self, dont sign up for a game with ABR in it...forgot about that in my retirement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:53 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Good, hammer and get this lynch over with.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:59 am

In post 225, curiouskarmadog wrote: ABR is (as always) useless if he is town. If he is scum, he is resting firmly on his "my play is anti-town" meta.

NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:06 am

In post 227, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Good, hammer and get this lynch over with.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Tammy »

I swear to all the gods if someone doesn't take their vote off of him and this lynch goes through before the beast stuff gets sorted out, I will virtually pummel all of you.

There are people who have not posted enough today that I want to hear more from, regardless of ckd's alignment.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 164, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 159, Nobody Special wrote:Calling it now: ckd + Antihero scum teammates.

just for that future record.

is antihero scum because of my interaction with him

or is he scum on some other actions you deem scummy?

if I flip town
, is antihero still scum or back to "?"

That being said, when I was falling asleep last night I remembered this post and it bugs me. Why "if" and not "when"?

Regardless, I still really want people to address the beast thing. Pretty please?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 am

I guarantee you protection from Tammy. Hammer away if that’s what you want to do.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:33 am

Post by Konowa »

Tammy, do you think you're sorting this game different than usual?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

bert, i dunno about followin you down the ABR rabbit hole.
if you request it, i shall consider using my vote for the cause.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Tammy »

A game of this type, with the info/role I have, no.

I don't get your point though. If you can't see the obvious from the way I'm approaching this, then I probably can't help you.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 234, SXTLHGaiden wrote:bert, i dunno about followin you down the ABR rabbit hole.
if you request it, i shall consider using my vote for the cause.

Please don't. I really want people to answer my questions about beast.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:42 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

i said "consider"
i'm not really feelin this wagon right now, otherwise you would have seen such phrases as
"Hammah of Justice"
or
"It's Lynching Time"
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Bert »

k. i understand.
that excitement wont come until near deadline, cos not feeling it. i may not be confident about the wagon myself since im not all into the game, but i believe it's town driven at its core, and that is why i believe in it.

im just confused by ppl saying X may be town due to flavor, or trying to find out alignments due to heavy flavor.
like, what me being second in line has to do with alignment.
this feels like a trap
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Bert »

but, i also think there is 'good' setup speculation that could be beneficial, however i cant differentiate between which is which. which is why, any one of the setup spec ideas 'could' be a trap
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 238, Bert wrote:k. i understand.
that excitement wont come until near deadline, cos not feeling it. i may not be confident about the wagon myself since im not all into the game, but i believe it's town driven at its core, and that is why i believe in it.

im just confused by ppl saying X may be town due to flavor, or trying to find out alignments due to heavy flavor.
like, what me being second in line has to do with alignment.
this feels like a trap

But that is, at its core, ABR's push on ckd.

I think that ABR is probably town, but that is the only town read I have on the wagon right now. And I think that ABR is pushing ckd primarily for two reasons, he thinks his flavor reasoning is correct, and maybe it is, and ckd hasn't been exactly nice to ABR by calling him a bad player.

I just really want more info before going into night and I want marquis to talk about beast.

Also - Do not hammer. If you even think Marquis is town, do not hammer before he's verified he's used his role. So, someone unvote please and thank you.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Konowa »

In post 235, Tammy wrote:A game of this type, with the info/role I have, no.

I don't get your point though. If you can't see the obvious from the way I'm approaching this, then I probably can't help you.

Letting mod flavor, not flavor mechanics, indicate alignment just doesn't seem something I would expect from you? Maybe I'm misremembering what I think of your play from the brief encounters we have played together.

As for beast, I mentioned because from my perspective all he has done is cry foul that Marquis isn't Townreading him thus Marquis must be Scum. His line of thought is forced. It appears as if he is more concerned with getting Marquis to Townread him rather than actually trying to determine whether Marquis is Scum or not, if that makes any sense.

Outside of that, I'm pretty lost.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Konowa »

CKD's only at five votes?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:06 am

Post by Konowa »

Someone asked me about my reads earlier, and that they appeared out of nowhere? I would say that is pretty untrue. The beast read might not have been fully fleshed out but I mentioned that he was doing too much of one thing and nothing of the other. As to the ABR and kats reads, I'm pretty sure I said why. The best example I think of that might resemble it is when Town has a closed "Scum flavor PM" and someone mentions it first and then others follow suit for the towncred.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Bert »

@Tammy Head of Sir Waffles Worthington

That is the 'core' I was referring to. Strong gut townread from past game experience.

There are 5 votes on CKD, and it takes 8 to lynch, so not worried about quickhammers.
i don't know about marquis/beast because their argument for the other being scum is rooted in 99% old game interactions + lots of "you're scum" , and their styles are similar...

as a whole, leading to my appearance of apathy

so, having just typed this, i looked at beast and marquis. beast is saying marquis is "not trolling and therefore scum," "scum because outguessing the mod," and "forced trolling so scum."

marquis says beast's tell was made up by empress titus, and marq is softing a "namecop" thing (softing part is null IMO).

So, tl;dr reading this ISO I realized that beast's case on marquis has a little more to it than vice versa, but not by much.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 241, Konowa wrote:
In post 235, Tammy wrote:A game of this type, with the info/role I have, no.

Letting mod flavor, not flavor mechanics, indicate alignment just doesn't seem something I would expect from you? Maybe I'm misremembering what I think of your play from the brief encounters we have played together.

As for beast, I mentioned because from my perspective all he has done is cry foul that Marquis isn't Townreading him thus Marquis must be Scum. His line of thought is forced. It appears as if he is more concerned with getting Marquis to Townread him rather than actually trying to determine whether Marquis is Scum or not, if that makes any sense.

That feels like a back handed insult :(

I'll admit I could be overthinking it and if you think that I think he's at IC status because of me looking at the mod flavor and taking it into account and not noticing that I've also been looking at ckd's play, then I don't know what to tell you there. (What I mean by if you can't see the obvious is that if you can't see that I've been using every piece of information available to try to sort this out, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm looking at mod flavor, but I'm also looking at how it intertwines with the players.)

As far as the beast/marquis thing goes, I've seen enough of those interactions between different players that it's par for the course sometimes. Beast made a claim though about not science, marquis and antihero. I want to see them address that claim.

pedit: marquis is a name cop. It's in the OP. Also why are they talking about hammering then. I suppose I shouldn't post before I'm fully awake.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Bert »

In post 241, Konowa wrote:As for beast, I mentioned #58 because from my perspective all he has done is cry foul that Marquis isn't Townreading him thus Marquis must be Scum. His line of thought is forced. It appears as if he is more concerned with getting Marquis to Townread him rather than actually trying to determine whether Marquis is Scum or not, if that makes any sense.

Bingo on the desperation on wanting to be townread. I'm pretty lost too, but partly because I skipped some stuff and am going to get into this game more as time goes on. I also like the stuff you brought up about mod flavor in this post, so the post as a whole is spot on IMO.

Post Edit: Missed the claim about notscience, marquis, and antihero. Will look for that.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Bert »

tl;dr I agree with your post (explained it well compared to what ive posted), but it may be purely coincidental rather than being on the same page overall. time will tell i guess
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 58, beastcharizard wrote:There are three people here who I would deem a direct threat to me as scum: Marquis, notscience and Antihero. The one thing I would want is for them to town read me. Guess what isn't happening?

They are the biggest reasons I get anywhere in games as scum. I piggy back off of their town reads on me.

Marquis should know for a fact that since I don't give a shit what they think of me that I am town.

It's here. He claims here that Marquis, not science and Antihero are why he wins scum games because they town read him.

Notscience has said that he's averagish at reading him.

Marquis and Antihero haven't addressed this at all.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Konowa »

I just don't see anything Town from CKD, Tammy. So it just looks like you're using the mod flavor as a crutch to call CKD Town. What about CKD's play makes you think he is Town?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”