Marathon Weekend (Closed until next marathon weekend)

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will be unlikly to get something up tonight. Someone didn't PM me about new schedule until yesterday. Guess I know who I can rely on and who I can not. I should be able to get something epic for next time like AiTP 3 or some heavy neighbors or vidge games
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will be lucky if i make this marathon
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sorry I was unable to make it. Given the the general attendance I will have to make something big and advertise the hell out of it for next time and hopefully that will draw others to marathon day in general
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #88 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Nov crash day marathon and January Marathon were awesome. Sad last crash made them disappear :(. I rain AiTPPPP3 and it went real well

I had planned on doing some epic drinking games for this marathon but given the recent crash and real life stuff I haven't had time to advertise or get anything big in design. I may run another War in the Palace or some Bad Idea or Texas Justice Variant this March but other than that nothing big just some small little crazy things
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have decided to do this next marathon and in future marathons:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21400
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am afraid mith may have forgotten :(

Someone should pm him or whoever opens this thing.

I'm on my old as shit cell phone, me pming anyone not easy atm
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

I would appreciate things going to next weekend simply because I got a buddies birthday party tonight so I will be drunk but unable to host my drunk game from there. I was gonna do it last night but well...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am home now, pmed mith and flay. Guess they'll either open it, extend it, or move it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

Have not heard back from either flay or mith. Not sure if someone else is in charge of this thread but whoever that is I don't think they will show up soon. I had stuff planned for today too. Its looking like I'll have to save it for later :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #114 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace's Udrink Too Tonight 8pm EST

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=21505
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #126 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Marathon participation is a tricky thing...

'Joking'
The best solution to get participation for marathon day is to have everyone drink alcohol. They drink and have fun games and because they can't drive away from home later they are encouraged to play more games until they pass out

'Seriousness'
I will think of a solution and tell you when I get it

<<dehydrated, chugs Gatorade
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #135 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Xalxe wrote:
In post 131, LlamaFluff wrote:quality of mods

That and the playerlists really.

:igmeou:

Pretty sure I have run some pretty good and big sized marathon games before. The recent site crash and confusion over days I think stifled this one. Also the times I ran big games they were further apart so maybe more time between them ain't such a bad idea
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #140 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 136, Mr. Flay wrote:People ASKED for a global announcement, repeatedly.

Who when where? Because I searched the thread for global. Nada. Then for announcement. No dice.

Who = me and many others

When, where = previous marathon days and marathon discussion threads in the archives of this forum

I don't like how marathon days are under appreciated. And I will not blame Mr. Flay for how this one faired
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #141 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Idea I got for improving marathon days so far are as follows:

1. Run Global Anouncement thread
always
saying when they are. Not just a week before
Chance of success small given it wasn't really effective this time. Not sure if that's crash related or whatever

2. PM people X time before it occurs. And or send a Mafia Scum Newsletter to emails
This idea could be effective but its a little impractical. Send a MS news letter with only info on Marathon Day? Seems like a small news letter. Perhaps one could pool all the queues and include info in the letter relating to ALL UPCOMING games being run on the site in ANY MS forum whether it be marathon, themepark, coney, normal, etc. This news letter could bring some people that left the site because of the crash back. Also let's face it, I hate it when I hear about some games too late. I know some players like Fonz and Gurgi were very sad when they missed Mith's 3rd california. And a news letter could have prevented that. And I'm sure there are other games and instances where stuff like that has happened. I know I been sad when I missed signups for a good game. Another possible impracticality issue is how to send emails to multiple and or all active members and even then, some people may block they email as spam.

3. Considering the recent crash related issues, pending how the higher-ups plan to do server updating and or data saving in the future. Perhaps every so often you could close the main site and have only the shelter open. During this time only marathon games would be run and site updates and saving would be performed. And this would be done in some regular and desirable intervals. This idea could strengthen marathon days and overall prevent crashes or crash related hardships in the future. However this idea would likly cause some effect on other forum game participation. And I don't think we want to hinder general site activity at a time like this just to help marathon games. Also I am not sure of the liklyhood of crashes in the future or your guys current plan to handle that stuff in the future so how helpful this idea will truly be there is not all in my hands

I don't have other ideas at this time. but I hope I have at least got the creative juices flowing on how to effectively fix all problems
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #170 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

PF's next marathon plans

!UDRINK 5!

WITP3 the AITPPPP3 Remix
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #193 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 170, PokerFace wrote:PF's Summer Marathon plans:

!UDRINK 5! =
Tentative time July
th. 7pm EDT = GMT+4

WITP3 the AITPPPP3 Remix =
Tentative time July
th. 7pm EDT = GMT+4
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #194 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

^You can PM pre/ins for those to me. I will make pre/in and game threads separatly once the forum opens

For info on what those games are you can see the previous runnings of WITP and AITP in my wiki. As well as the previous runnings of Udrink in my wiki
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #198 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 193, PokerFace wrote:
In post 170, PokerFace wrote:PF's Summer Marathon plans:

!UDRINK 5! =
Tentative time July
th. 7pm EDT = GMT-4

WITP3 the AITPPPP3 Remix =
Tentative time July
th. 7pm EDT = GMT-4
In post 194, PokerFace wrote:^You can PM pre/ins for those to me. I will make pre/in and game threads separatly once the forum opens

For info on what those games are you can see the previous runnings of WITP and AITP in my wiki. As well as the previous runnings of Udrink in my wiki
GMT-4!!

made typo earlier. See my sig for current pre-/in status updates
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #241 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Any of the aforementioned dates is fine by me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #251 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mr Rogers: So what games you want to run this time?

PokerFace: I am not sure I want to do another Udrink or WITP. If enough people ask me to run them or are online for them, then I guess I will

Mr. Rogers: If you do another WITP, you shouldn't use AITPPPP flavor. After all, your side has never truly won

PokerFace: I do like my crazed imagination bastard games. Remember when I ran two bastard games each with 12+ people during one marathon special.

Mr. Rogers: It required alot of advertising. to get that many. You think you got the time and effort to do it again?

PokerFace: Not really, though I could do a sequel to one of those games?

Mr. Rogers: Your time traveling flavor was entertaining in Two Face Mafia though not enough to compensate for the lack of advertising.

PokerFace: People didn't know what they were getting into then. If I were to get around to ever running Time Paradox Mafia, I would have to see if there is still an audience for a game series with vintage flavor. I need to test those sort of waters exist with something more classic.

Mr. Rogers: Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?

PokerFace: There was a fad of Bad Idea Mafia games back in the day that got alot of people in a short time. Guns everywhere, people dying left and right.

Mr. Rogers: You have difficulty counting votes and keeping track of day kills in past mafia games. You will have to be sober, but even then I think running a Bad Idea mafia game will be too much to control

PokerFace: Then I think I'll combine the concepts of Bad Idea Mafia with the success I did have in the past...

Mr. Rogers: If you are running THAT gametype, you should realize its not mafia.

PokerFace: And the games during the Bad Idea Fad were mafia?

Mr. Rogers: I guess they all can be considered mafia if you make that comparison. And since you will be running it during a marathon special, people should not get too investigated in this type of crazy bastardness

PokerFace: Then let's bring in the title screen on the true sequel to Bad Reveal Mafia!

Coming to a marathon special near you its....
EVERYONE IS A SK MAFIA!

Everyone's Role PM wrote:Just as the title says. You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. You can send one kill via private message to the mod each night. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died, he was a serial killer." You can also talk at night in the same game thread! Carefully pick your victims and make the right alliances. Be the last standing to win!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #253 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have received some inquires about the game. Allow me to field them here

Q1: Am I missing something? Won't most days end in a no lynch?

Yes, I realize alot of days may end in a no lynch, especially earlier on. But then if you want a good chance of winning, i imagine some players are going to try to make deals with others. After all everyone is on the same playing ground so you will need to make deals to better your odds. Those with the most silver of tongues and means of controlling their reputations have the best chance. Consider it all a way of combing the aspects of survivor and big brother and mixing them with what it means to be an Serial Killer

Q2: I'm confused, How is this mafia?

All talking is in the game thread, so pretty much everyone can be considered part of a majority. However the actions you perform at night with your kill are ultimately decided by just you. So you are a minority informed with the whereabouts of your kill vs the uninformed whereabouts of everyone else's kill. Every death is being revealed as "XXX has died, he was a serial killer" so I'm not going to say who killed who and when until the game is over. You won't know when some one has made the concious decision to betray you until its too late

Q3: The equality of everyone being able to kill and be killed at any moment is going to very chaotic. This is going to be random lunacy and not much of a mafia game.

Sometime ago I came up with the idea of something called "Killing Spree Mafia". A small town version of Tarhalinder's Worst Idea mafia. The ability of each gun would be outlined. People would pick guns and then alignments would be sent out. I have not run the game because the effort of creating alot of balanced weapons is likly going to be outdone by the randomness of who picks a gun first, who gets what weapon, and what side they end up on. After all Tarhalinder's worst idea was a prototype of Unreal Tournament Mafia which was ultimately won by the mafia getting ahold of a broken weapon combination. So I have considered running my own prototype game, to gauge general chaos. "Everyone is an SK mafia" is going to be my prototype. I plan to add new aspects to this game type until it develops into a balanced "Killing Spree Mafia". So yes the game is going to be crazy, but after the beta, most problems will be weeded out :)

Q4: I think your game would be better if you allowed PMs outside the game between the players.

Yes, I have considered this possibility. The only reason, I have decided against it, is if I allow outside game talking between both players and possibly non-players it will inevitably take all action outside the game. The true entertainment of the game for spectators, those already dead, and the moderator will be lost. For the first running of this game, in thread talking seems needed for entertainment and testing. Should i run a second game perhaps I will choose to allow the outside talking there.

Considering what I have said here, some people might now ask "Aside from outside the game talk, what else might you add to the game in later runnings?". Something I may add to the game in later runs to control the general levels of chaos is something like a hurt and heal feature. Something simular to what's in Mr. Flay's War in Heaven Games. Basically I might allow players to send shields and not just kills. If you got more shields then kills that target you at night then you loose the shields and live. This variant of the game may need factions (town and mafia) and not everyone is a sk. Developing on the strength of the shields and guns you can send may be a more successful means of running "Killing Spree Mafia", but for now let's give the craziness of everyone being an SK a try and see what that nets us
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #255 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

I <3 Flay^

Tentative PF Marathon games schedule

12/26 7pm (GMT-5) Udrink 6 "Thirsty Thursday"

12/28 2pm (GMT-5) Everyone is a SK Mafia!

12/30 7pm (GMT-5) WITP 4
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #257 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 253, PokerFace wrote:Considering what I have said here, some people might now ask "Aside from outside the game talk, what else might you add to the game in later runnings?". Something I may add to the game in later runs to control the general levels of chaos is something like a hurt and heal feature. Something simular to what's in Mr. Flay's War in Heaven Games. Basically I might allow players to send shields and not just kills. If you got more shields then kills that target you at night then you loose the shields and live. This variant of the game may need factions (town and mafia) and not everyone is a sk. Developing on the strength of the shields and guns you can send may be a more successful means of running "Killing Spree Mafia", but for now let's give the craziness of everyone being an SK a try and see what that nets us
I might also try two other kill limiting mechanics

Only person that gets targeted the most dies at night (This is same mechanice I used in Bad Reveal Mafia. Ties = both die)

Or I could mix it up and person with most and person with least (but not zero) die

I am running "Everyone is a SK Mafia!" in the Afternoon on the 12/28 for a few reasons. My other games are effectively 12am GMT. Europeans need the option to play one of my games. Also if first running goes well maybe I will re-run the game later that day while introducing whatever mechanic I think would improve it best. Beta Testing! I ran AITP games to gauge or beta test how WITP would normally play out. And now I will create a series of games with lots of deaths :) ! Killing Spree !
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #264 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

uhm... whats the hold up?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #272 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

I won't be available to run a game tomorrow so in case things don't get opened tonight I'm gonna move Udrink 6 to saturday

NEW Tentative PF Marathon games schedule

12/28 2pm (GMT-5) Everyone is a SK Mafia!

12/28 7pm (GMT-5) Udrink 6

12/30 7pm (GMT-5) WITP 4
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #301 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

sirdanilot wrote:The marathon games are not how I remember them from YE OULDE DAYS.

In the old days, it went like this:

Marathon was only one day, or at most one weekend. There was a plethora of people online all weekend. Games were spontaneously created and were filling at a stead yrate every time, except maybe during down-time hours in the US (where most people live). You could just go to the forum and join. I was often playing several games at a time, which is of course very hectic but also very fun.

Now, it has just become a forum where you can announce a 'live game'. I can't just pop in to join a game. Spontaneously created games don't get enough players.

In short: DAYS OF YORE WERE BETTER AND I WANT MY OLD MARATHON GAMES BACK
Uhm Dan, we had 2 spontaneous games this year that were upwards of 16

One tied and one set the new marathon player record count unless i am mistake
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35639
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35729
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #308 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

To my knowledge, yours is the new marathon record bulba

Zach and I got second with 16 in his first king maker this year and the 16 i got in Bastard Face Mafia of March 2009. I do not believe there was a bigger game before those. I had that record 3 months shy of 5 years. Congrats on taking it from me. The more people that take it, the better for the sport
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #312 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

ok i missed that game and lost the record alot sooner than i realized. good to know

congrats ns
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #314 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't want to take over this thread. Would rather many players could post about their games

So gonna make one just for mine
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38868
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #315 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Looks like my concerns of taking over things were overzealous since that thread has not taken off. Maybe i was egotistical

At any rate I would still like input on improving "Everyone's an SK Mafia" in a means that made it more mafia like.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35634
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35733
Day talk and perhaps a rule of game being required to go a certain amount of days is all i got at the moment. I welcome any suggestions
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #316 (isolation #30) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 315, PokerFace wrote:
Outside QT
Day talk and perhaps a rule of game being required to go a certain amount of days is all i got at the moment. I welcome any suggestions
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #320 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ah march 28th so it will occur before i go to vegas on april 3. glad i still get to run my games :)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #321 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

@flay

you may want to do some thread title or forum title updates in the marathon section so people are better aware of the date
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #322 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Designated driver tentative start time March 29th 8pm EST my time zone, !WARNING! I plan to drunk mod this!! -(5 days from this post)

Everyone is an SK mafia 3 will have signups and pregame talk the entire marathon weekend. Day 1 start 8pm EST -(6 days from this post)

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #323 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 322, PokerFace wrote:Designated driver tentative start time March 29th 8pm
EDT
my time zone, !WARNING! I plan to drunk mod this!! -(5 days from this post)

Everyone is an SK mafia 3 will have signups and pregame talk the entire marathon weekend. Day 1 start 8pm
EDT
-(6 days from this post)

GMT-4
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #326 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I've taken some time to think and come up with ideas on how to make "Everyone is an SK Mafia" more Mafia like

:twisted: If I can't make it mafia, then the players will do it for me :twisted:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=43988
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #340 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mr. Flay wrote:Back-of-the-envelope math says 15 games out of 26 ran on Thursday (not counting No Effort), 11/16 on Friday,
19/20
for Saturday (not counting ZPE), and 6/9 on Sunday, mostly supersmall games. I'll leave it open for Monday, but I expect people will have trouble filling games what with it being a workday, tired, etc...
Interesting, so you would say Saturday was the most worthwhile day? can you get numbers based on time of day or can we perhaps add a poll to this thread to discuss the best time of day to run a marathon gamel

My games did not get well off the ground this time (partially because of my own absence for most of the weekend) but I would still like this data to help improve/encourage overall attendance for future marathon days
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #342 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think there were alot of replacements this year

If we wanted to find the right values we would likly need to be unbiased. Would need to go by actual game start time I think since that would best guage the signups and run of the game. Also would likly be best to go with GMT since Mith in UK is that or go by UTC to get more precise with the date

Would likly need two data results groups. one based on how many games were run at what time. And one based on game size at that time

That or perhaps the easier way of doing things would be to measure how many logged in users were browsering the marathon forum at each time GMT-wise. If this data can't be found as its in the past perhaps something can be setup to capture this info during the next one

What do you think, Flay?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #343 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 342, PokerFace wrote:I don't think there were alot of replacements this
year
time

If we wanted to find the right values we would likly need to be unbiased. Would need to go by actual game start time I think since that would best guage the signups and run of the game. Also would likly be best to go with GMT since Mith in UK is that or go by UTC to get more precise with the date

Would likly need two data results groups. one based on how many games were run at what time. And one based on game size at that time

That or perhaps the easier way of doing things would be to measure how many logged in users were browsering the marathon forum at each time GMT-wise. If this data can't be found as its in the past perhaps something can be setup to capture this info during the next one

What do you think, Flay?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #345 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Mr. Flay, If I get the time i'll try to get those numbers myeself for the last time. Feel Free to beat me to it if you want to :)

Is there a script or something that can be setup to capture that info next time?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #352 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

We have had some popup 13s in the past. something I plan to do is that math me and flay discussed some posts back. Gonna get data from last 2 marathon days if possible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #357 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

I plan to run some texas justice alternatives on Thursday and Fridays:
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... ternatives
and a WITP on Labor day itself

there may or may not be a Udrink or some other Mafia Drunk Series game. I have a family reunion on the Sunday of labor day weekend and if I come home drunk and don't fall into bed first, it will happen
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #358 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:I plan to run some texas justice alternatives on
Saturday
:
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... ternatives
and a WITP on Labor day itself

there may or may not be a Udrink or some other Mafia Drunk Series game. I have a family reunion on the Sunday of labor day weekend and if I come home drunk and don't fall into bed first, it will happen

fixed
gonna be busy thursday and friday
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #359 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

game times up in the air for texas justice games. mafia drunk also up in air

WITP will be monday at 8pm edt
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #390 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 388, reinoe wrote:After Christmas/ before New Years is oftentimes a good time to do things. Many people have the time off from both work and school. unless you're taking a wintermester then ewwwww.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #396 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with zoraster... I think this might be the 3rd time I have said this today. Zoraster please get out of my head
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #426 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Have not decided what I will run. Likly going to retry TYS and GYO from here:
Texas_Justice_Alternatives
To be assured the balance math i did on them was correct

No Royal Mafia or Mafia Drunk game in marathon from me this time as I am running a Royal Mafia game (RITP) right now in the main forums and I am currently working on a new
Mafia Drunk
setup that might work
in the main forums

Yes you read that right. Get your livers ready!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #453 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Its not the whole week this time :(

I should still be able to run my texas games with the new math though don't expect any more
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #466 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

Considering my history of marathon games I'd like to campaign for Marathon List Mod. I am of good standing and receiving the ability to open the this thread upon the agreed upon marathon days is something I can do. It is a privilege I am not stupid enough to abuse as I would likely loose alot of people's respect, site rights or be banned for life if I abused said power. Thus I will not do it. Besides I'm sure all the scum hunters would catch me and lynch me quick.

PokerFace for Marathon List Mod/Thread Opener

Also having this thing go for a week like previous marathon days, would be awesome!!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #469 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

yay chamber woke up! Its open

please pass word of my campaign to the other list mods for future marathon games

no I was not on that site. I have learned alot of people have used this name but I used it before lady gaga even did
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #472 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am at work right now so my first game will get signups and started when i get off work
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #478 (isolation #51) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

In site chat I said I may run a udrink saturday evening if i got drunk that evening. I did not get drunk instead i started not feeling well so i went to bed early. Kinda wish i had been around for some of those drunk games and so i could run more of them.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #487 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I miss flay. He seemed to take point organizing these. And with Mith busy with marital affairs I have no idea when this will happen again
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #502 (isolation #53) » Fri May 08, 2015 7:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

please say you are going to run a game next marathon millar. Without you we'll never know "Who dunnit it?"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #513 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Woo Woo!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #524 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Lucky2u wrote:I'm going to get a luck based game designed for the marathon, someone want to be my second eyes on it?

raises hand

As it will be july 4th weekend there will be a udrink but I have not decided what else. There might be a WITP. Pends on if people want that too

I think I will run Russian_Roulette_Mafia
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #525 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 524, PokerFace wrote:
Lucky2u wrote:I'm going to get a luck based game designed for the marathon, someone want to be my second eyes on it?

"raises hand"

As it will be july 4th weekend there will be a udrink but I have not decided what else. There might be a WITP. Pends on if people want that too

I may also run Russian_Roulette_Mafia

Feel free to pm me that you want WITP or roulette. Otherwise just another udrink is gonna happen
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #536 (isolation #57) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 531, zoraster wrote:Any mods that wish to use PTs for either game organization or Scum threads should apply to join the Marathon Weekend PT group. I'll approve as necessary, and the group will be wiped until the next weekend is approaching.

I wish to apply
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #537 (isolation #58) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

zoraster wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
zoraster wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
zoraster wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Can i get access to create button in private topics. I want to work on a new game design and it seems my accounts for pokerface and mr. Rogers no longer have access to that button. Also with Marathon weekend coming up, without that button I can't give any scum groups private topics for my games. I need access at least by then but I'd prefer it sooner so I can work out my design for http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61733

I'm still waiting on access to create topics button in private topics forum. I would really appreciate it if one of you could please give me access. Thanks

I posted about this in the marathon thread. Apply to join the Marathon Weekend PT group

Is pming you like this how I apply or do I need to apply somewhere else exactly?

go to the user cp, click on user groups, select the group, select apply to join

ah ok thanks. since when have we had this user group page? I didn't realized it existed

since yesterday
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #538 (isolation #59) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Games pokerface wants to run during marathon day

Contagion in the Palace
Udrink 7

Games pokerface might run should he have the extra time

Russian_Roulette_Mafia
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #540 (isolation #60) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

yes that

ebwop
In post 537, PokerFace wrote:
zoraster wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
zoraster wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
zoraster wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I want to use private topics during marathon day. How can I get access to that?

I posted about this in the marathon thread. Apply to join the Marathon Weekend PT group
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62246

TLDR is pming you how I apply or do I need to apply somewhere else exactly?

to apply/join it, go to the user control panel, click on user groups, select the group, select apply to join

ah ok thanks. since when have we had this user group page? I didn't realized it existed

User groups have been in the control panel for awhile. This is just a new group that's inside there
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #542 (isolation #61) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

remind me - do I need to do something prior to the weekend to mod in it?

no

Do you need to do something in order to use private topics with your marathon game?
if you do not currently have access to private topics, then YES, you need to apply/join that group using the outlined directions
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #546 (isolation #62) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

if you are fine with scum pming each other, QT, or useing site chat, then registered user is all you need

if you want private topic use with game and you don't already have create private topic access then you need to join the site group
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #553 (isolation #63) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

its mainly for mafia games or games close to mafia

AITP is not truly mafia as its informed majority vs uninformed minority, but its enough like mafia that is done here

If you game is mafia or inspired by it then I believe you can run it here. As long as its not the exact same game you are already in that queue to run. You wouldn't want to give away your setup before getting to top of queue after all

If you are still not sure you should pm StrangerCoug the mish mash janitor. Ask him if you game belongs is enough like mafia that it needs done in main forums or if it can be done in mish mash. SC should be able to say where your game needs to go based on the type of game it is
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #554 (isolation #64) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 551, Nobody Special wrote:Nah, it's overrated.

zor,
in the past, the forum was always open by the time I got up in the morning, around 8-9am Pacific. So I think sometime in the wee hours.
(Probably just whoever got to it first after midnight, I'm guessing...)

This is correct. I think Flay used GMT time to figure out when midnight hit and it was officially the first day in that weekend
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #562 (isolation #65) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... pree_Games
you may want to look at those especially "Everyone is an SK Mafia!" And "Bad Reveal Mafia"

Even Dragon Pheonix did the everyone is an sk game thing before so if thats what you are doing its totally allowed in marathon day

And since I may or may not have time to do the russian roulette, having your game happen will be good regardless of whether i find time for mine or not. Given the holiday I likly won't have the time for 3 games
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #564 (isolation #66) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 538, PokerFace wrote:
Games pokerface wants to run during marathon day

Contagion in the Palace
Udrink 7

Games pokerface might run should he have the extra time

Russian_Roulette_Mafia

Expect CITP to be afternoonish estern USA time July 3rd
and Udrink 7 to be that evening/night

the 2, 4,5 are not looking like good days for me to run extra games so Russian_Roulette_Mafia is unlikely. If it does happen it will be the 5th
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #583 (isolation #67) » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Its looking like i will actually get to run games on saturday
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #594 (isolation #68) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Zoraster did made me his assistant to approving people to the Marathon Weekend PT Group so I hope you all got approved in a timely manor. Thanks Zoraster for the job. Feel free to leave any complaints or compliments on our tasking of giving peeps PT rights. Zoraster will likely be closing things soon. I hope the private topics were useful to all. I hope you guys all had a swell time marathoning

Zoraster is awesome for allowing this Independe day Marathon Weekend.

MURICA!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #595 (isolation #69) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 594, PokerFace wrote:Zoraster did made me his assistant to approving people to the Marathon Weekend PT Group so I hope you all got approved in a timely manor. Thanks Zoraster for the job. Feel free to leave any complaints or compliments on our tasking of giving peeps PT rights.
Zoraster will likely be closing things soon
. I hope the private topics were useful to all. I hope you guys all had a swell time marathoning

Zoraster is awesome for allowing this Independe day Marathon Weekend.

MURICA!

In post 591, zoraster wrote:My flight had been delayed several hours so i may not be able to shut this off until tomorrow. Think of it as bonus marathon!

Zoraster did not give me close forum rights so it will stay open until he flys in
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #613 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Good Job Zoraster and all mods

"insert high five emoticon here"

GG to all those I played with
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #652 (isolation #71) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Was too busy over leap days but july 4th will feature me running/testing Flag_in_the_Palace
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #654 (isolation #72) » Fri May 27, 2016 5:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Woo!

will the special private topics group be needed to access private topics for mararthon weekend?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #658 (isolation #73) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sméagol wrote:Great.
I have a 2 player game
I'd like to mod.
Plus I want to mod an actual Russian Roulette.
What two player game of mafia exists?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #663 (isolation #74) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sméagol wrote:Marquis actually at the time didn't think it wasn't mafia enough for the micro queue, but I thought it would be a better fit for a marathon anyway. Basically you have a town dayvig and someone who has a 50% chance of being mafia. Win conditions depend on this. If town, both must survive, if mafia, the townie must kill and the mafia must survive in order to win.
Sound like a mafia game to me. Definitly more fit for marathon day than micro queue given player size and length of time I would expect the game to take

Return to “Completed Marathon Games”