Mini 1632 - Zar's Holiday Bash - Mardi Gras Showdown - Over!

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:27 am

Post by kuribo »

of the people here, i've played with T S O, Garmr, and maybe BP? I don't remember

some of you are new to the site, so allow me to introduce myself

I am the reason scum lays awake at night in stark terror. I am the reason they long for their mortal graves. I am as relentless as death, as remorseless as war. I am a child of Satan, spawned from his loins to bring Hell to earth, leaving ruination and despair in my wake for the scum that dares to cross me.

In seven years on this site, I've only been mislynched twice. Ever. You will not get me lynched. You will have to kill me. Some may read this and take it as a challenge, but that will lead only to your downfall. It's happened time and time again, and far better players than any of you have failed in this task. Take the easy way out. Send me to the void.

There is nothing to fear but fear himself.

Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:33 am

Post by kuribo »

fortunately for some of you, i'm trying to reinvent my trademark rage for several reasons:

1) Coming back from retirement #43 in which I pretty much spent the last 6 months phoning it in games, I find that it's hard for me to work up actual anger at you people. I'm more depressed lately than anything because my personal life is bullshit, so I'm not feeling the whole capslock spam. It's more like a cold, bitter, indifferent rage. I'm not sure how this will affect my gameplay: anyone that knows me knows my personal life plays heavily into my style.

2) I'm also three days removed from a two-week ban for abusive in-game behavior. For a game I wasn't even in. Naturally I'd like to avoid getting banned again since that's my second one I think. I really don't wanna get majiffy'd. T S O this especially means you.

3) if I get pissed off and start writing erotic fiction about any of you, it's because it's an alternative to insulting you / screaming at you / murdering you with my mind

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
silverspawn
silverspawn
Townie
silverspawn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:47 am

Post by silverspawn »

2 mislynches in several years is impressive. does that mean you get found out easily if you're scum, or do you just win every game as scum because you never get lynched?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:34 am

Post by kuribo »

It means I get NKd because the scum fear that which they cannot lynch. I've seen a number of Top players say in their scum PTs that they needed to kill me because I'd never die.

As scum, I either get lynched after spreading The Mist or I survive and win. I do not get found out easily as scum, but I playbmy scum game consciously knowing that I will probably die. when I flip scum, it can be assumed that my ISO will be beyond useless. When I flip town, it means that someone killed me because they were afraid.

serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 am

Post by serrapaladin »

oh boy
Wandering but not lost
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:28 am

Post by T S O »

kuribo, I would never harm you.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:28 am

Post by T S O »

In post 124, kuribo wrote:And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

What's this from? It sounds great.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Zar »

Prodding TheDudeAbides
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:08 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 131, T S O wrote:
In post 124, kuribo wrote:And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

What's this from? It sounds great.

uhhhh the Bible?

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:41 am

Post by T S O »

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't.
-Marquis
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:46 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 37, geraintm wrote:
In post 33, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 31, geraintm wrote:VOTE: silverspawn for reasons....

Were you planning on mentioning that that's L-1?

Is it?
I just was random voting, whoever posted 5th after my first vote was all.

if this vote was random, how did it end up on the biggest wagon?

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:54 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 72, reinoe wrote:Did you expect me to ask for links and then not follow up on said information?

No. I was reacting to the amount that you posted.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:59 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 94, Garmr wrote:Garmr-1 Dude-0

I'm not sure why you think there is some sort of competition between us.

But what is it exactly that you think you got out of Gerantim?
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:02 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 97, vincero wrote:The specific example I'm looking at is 59 where TDA outright states that Madonna, Silverspawn, and Aeronaut are all town. This is after outright stating that Reinoe is town in a previous post, and ourright stating that BP and I are scumbuddies. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I don't like how people can get away with simply asserting that someone is town or someone is scum without explanation. It leads to them being able to get away with a lot of accusations that could lead to mislynches and it allows them to protect potential buddies by claiming them as town.

I don't think that you need to worry about this just yet.
Courage.

I mean, really, there wasn't all that much there to say at the time.
-Thompson.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:06 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 65, Garmr wrote:Confidence I have a reputation of being notoriously hard to lynch now matter how many people scum read me(This applies to town). I think it's because I'm very open and provide tons of posts on my thoughts. I tend to end game alot yet people don't listen to me no matter how right I am with my reads.

i can vouch for that, I'd have kept you to endgame in Aircraft Mafia if you hadnt been replaced

though to be fair I was buddying the shit out of you

In post 86, Madonna wrote:
I would like to see more people weigh in on geraintm and silverspawn, and if there is no support for them, I want a stronger case for someone else.

are you of the mistaken opinion that you're a town leader here, or are you trying to position yourself that way?

In post 94, Garmr wrote:After your last response I would have voted you anyway. Also it's one vote why are so concerned about people voting you when it's extremely early game and wagons are known to change rapidly?

i like this post, may i subscribe to your newsletter

In post 99, vincero wrote:
In post 86, Madonna wrote:@Everyone: I am in favor of pushing one of these wagons forward to L-1 and then beyond as needed. However, people are going to need to commit to one or the other by voting, and back up that vote with why you are agreeing to that wagon. I know clues are sparse and tells are not the most solid, but a history will help us better read each other and find scum.

Suspicious. You have literally said that you're okay with mislynches.

how do you know they're mislynches?

he said he's okay with lynches not with mislyches. what's this shit you're shoveling?

let me explain to you about lynches. Lynches are necessary. Lynches are a tool that town uses to remove itself of dark influence. Lynches are the purity of blood purging a town of a poison that will destroy it. Lynches are not about death, but about life, for they are the driving vengeance of the town.

In post 102, vincero wrote:That's not the point, the point is that if he were hypothetically scum, then he would have knowledge of who is town and who is scum. If he calls a mix of town and scum all town, then he protects the scum by association with the town.

congratulations captain awareness, you just summed up every fucking scum game ever in the entire recorded history of the world

do you not understand how completely meaningless your post is? how empty your accusation is? son, this is big boy mafia, you're not in the Newbie queue or Mafia Discussion

In post 114, silverspawn wrote:I approve of the newbie status. Do I get a free pass for day 1?

no. no one gets a free pass. all will be judged.

In post 121, geraintm wrote:
In post 113, Garmr wrote:

Going to risk doing this I'm making a town block.
Only one member so far reinoe

The reason I say this so far is I never ever had scum in my town blocks before Also no one ever follows them even through they never have been wrong -_-.

Really, really? Town blocks at this stage?
And you are never wrong?

No. fuck town blocs. There's almost always at least one scum in them and they wind up integrating themselves into the town so heavily that they coast to endgame.

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:29 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 65, Garmr wrote:Reinoe seems town Even through I can't see the thing he put up it's the fact his putting in work. Shows his thinking and that's town for him.

Where are you getting you meta on Reinoe from?

Because I looked at this game,
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58773
and I think it doesn't jive with your idea of his meta.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:36 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 77, silverspawn wrote:
In post 72, reinoe wrote:
Are you saying that Aero is scummy for being afraid to vote?

No, what I meant with that quote were my RVS quotes.

In post 78, silverspawn wrote:ehh *votes

What would the point of doing this have been?
-Thompson.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:16 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 134, T S O wrote:Damn, I was hoping it wasn't.

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purposes."

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Garmr »

Fuck yes kuribo and death to waynegg. Kuriboh there's always scum in townblocks? You missed how there was no scum in my town block in aircraftmafia. Just happy to have yah.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:35 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 137, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 94, Garmr wrote:Garmr-1 Dude-0

I'm not sure why you think there is some sort of competition between us.

But what is it exactly that you think you got out of Gerantim?

More info than what you would of got out of it. If I didn't ask him about it and just voted how do you think he would of reacted personally I think he wouldn't of said anything and it wouldn't have put to much pressure on him.

In post 140, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 65, Garmr wrote:Reinoe seems town Even through I can't see the thing he put up it's the fact his putting in work. Shows his thinking and that's town for him.

Where are you getting you meta on Reinoe from?

Because I looked at this game,
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58773
and I think it doesn't jive with your idea of his meta.

I feel like his trying to improve his town game and if he was scum he would end up falling flat on his face.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:43 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

So what is your scum meta of him?
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:43 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 144, Garmr wrote:More info than what you would of got out of it. If I didn't ask him about it and just voted how do you think he would of reacted personally I think he wouldn't of said anything and it wouldn't have put to much pressure on him.

This is a non-answer.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:45 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

I don't know what he would have done.

You seem to think that you got something out of the exchange. I want to know what.
-Thompson.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 146, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 144, Garmr wrote:More info than what you would of got out of it. If I didn't ask him about it and just voted how do you think he would of reacted personally I think he wouldn't of said anything and it wouldn't have put to much pressure on him.

This is a non-answer.

This is you failing to admit that my techniques are great for getting info. Also what did you expect for that question.

In post 145, TheDudeAbides wrote:So what is your scum meta of him?

I haven't had to much experience with him but from what I have and the quick checks in the past he plays scum badly.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:52 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 148, Garmr wrote:I haven't had to much experience with him but from what I have and the quick checks in the past he plays scum badly.

So you don't think that he would try to improve his scum game then?

Where does your town meta of him come from?
-Thompson.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”