Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Southern Gothic »

In post 165, PeregrineV wrote:Hi guys-checking on but still on limited access.

if you try to lurk this game out I am going to lynch you.

cos that shit is getting old real fast.

I mean if we are going to bandy around pl's then they as well be for good reasons and not the sort of "omg they are abrasive no wait that looks like scum agreeing with my read no wait that is discrediting" crap that is going on. or the "they are nonsensical" piece that albert is trying throw to around which you seem to think is coming from town?

also that is not shoehorning that is using the idiom "if the shoe fits" which I am thinking it does!
Last edited by Shadowmod on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I could remember how my father used to say that the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead for a long time.
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:58 pm

I am taking a bit of a breather!
I could remember how my father used to say that the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead for a long time.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by Konowa »

What?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by All is Who »

Sorry, guys. I missed the game start because I didn't remember which game Who said he signed up for and I didn't log into the hydra to check. And also shadow didn't send a PM to my main, which is cool and fine but I kind of expected it to come when the game started.

Sorry, shadow! I'll get right on reading up and murdering townies/stabbing werewolves with a noose, whichever one I'm meant to do, after work tonight.

If someone could go ahead and tell me who is scum, who is town, and who is lynchbait I should be voting that'd be great. If not, I hate you all and you're meanyfaces.

Also of note: Is this a closed/open/semiopen setup?

~AngryPidgeon
All is Who and Who is All.
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by All is Who »

Oh, I just looked at the playerlist. Hi mollie, TTH, Pine, ABR, Perv, nacho, flames, and farside!

The rest of you are probably nerds.

~Antihero
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Iecerint »

What on earth? AP is in this game?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ah, I see.

Update the members of the Jingle hydra in the OP for me, please.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 178, All is Who wrote:If someone could go ahead and tell me who is scum, who is town, and who is lynchbait I should be voting that'd be great. If not, I hate you all and you're meanyfaces.

~AngryPidgeon

So far the main content in this thread can be summarized with "generational conflict." Nothing has really led me to want to change my initial vote on Pine.

This is closed.
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by All is Who »

In post 180, Iecerint wrote:What on earth? AP is in this game?

Not as far as I know. I have no idea what gave you that impression.

In post 181, Iecerint wrote:Ah, I see.

The OP has the correct members of the Jingle hydra. The Jingle hydra is Jingle and Who.

In post 182, Iecerint wrote:
In post 178, All is Who wrote:If someone could go ahead and tell me who is scum, who is town, and who is lynchbait I should be voting that'd be great. If not, I hate you all and you're meanyfaces.

~AngryPidgeon

So far the main content in this thread can be summarized with "generational conflict." Nothing has really led me to want to change my initial vote on Pine.

This is closed.

Is this generational conflict as in "Hey you, get off my lawn" or "Let's go beat up that old guy, I bet he has money" or "You're music is terrible and inferior to mine" or "This is a war that will define a generation"? Why? Who instigated it? Why hasn't anything else happened in eight pages? Is it your fault? Do you hate freedom? Is that it?

Why did you vote Pine, why are you voting him now, and what is your stance on the TellTalePirates hydra?
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by All is Who »

~Ankamius
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

AP literally just signed one of your posts.

What I am referring to will be obvious if you read the thread.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Post by Andrius »

Flames is tricky for me.
Nacho is still town.
Iece still town.
Undecided on ABR, though I do understand the meta argument.
mollie, what do you think of the meta argument regarding ABR and his conciliar nature?

farside wrote:
I sort of half read things. It's part ADD and part constant interruptions.
So if you see me not confused it's inder the I didn't really pay attention disorder.

I understand.
farside regarding FourTrouble wrote:
He's not engaged at all.
I think he should say more.[/quote
Understand and agree.

Konowa and Four are underwhelming presences.

farside has not demonstarted sufficient abrasiveness to merit any sort of renown for abrasiveness.

I take back what I said about Konowa regarding their presence. I spoke too soon.

Looking forward for Peregrine's arrival.

In post 179, All is Who wrote:Oh, I just looked at the playerlist. Hi mollie, TTH, Pine, ABR, Perv, nacho, flames, and farside!

The rest of you are probably nerds.

~Antihero

:neutral:

All is Who, please stop signing your posts with names other than your own. Thank you.

Unvote, Vote: FourStance

farside is leaning town.
As above, underwhelming presence. Two townreads in the last few pages.
Please provide scumreads.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Post by Andrius »

Also this avatar is bothering me. I know its :classicandrius: but I can't deal with it.
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by All is Who »

So...

Spoiler: WAAAAAAALLLLLLS
In post 22, Flames682 wrote:@Hydras please sign when posting.

Will do. You're probably gonna hate me shortly.

In post 8, farside22 wrote:Are we doing poetry?

I only have one memorized and the rating is R
So I recommend those who get offended by vulgarity not read the spoiler.

[...] (Dirty limerick edited out on request) —Shadow

One day I will be teaching that poem and the pervert version of the Spider-Man song to my child with no apology.

In post 23, Andrius wrote:Is that still not standard for hydras?

I LIKE DIRTY LIMERICKS TOO! http://io9.com/read-the-dirty-and-scien ... 1569289621

In post 30, Andrius wrote:It is still frustrating, namely if people play the 'tee hee' game. Regardless.

The Great Smoked Halibut is one of the gods of the food world. Did they not teach this lore to you when you were a wee sardine, my son?

mollie, Nacho ignores me too but I just sit and wait for him to return. You have to trust in him too. Like you trust in the Great Smoked Salmon. Though I do not deny that there is sometimes sadness when I am overlooked for a prettier
fish
girl.

Sorry in advance. Also, you're probably town. Congrats!

In post 41, Southern Gothic wrote:NACHO STAHP LOOKING UP 50 SHADES QUOTES

Because your last 50 Shades game was a scum one? :shifty:

In post 47, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Southern Gothic is already an annoyance, so yeah. Vote vote.

Oh boy. It begins.

OOOH! That's a cool idea! I'm gonna steal that the next time I bother to mod!

In post 52, Albert B. Rampage wrote:This mollie person has done nothing of significance in mafiascum history.

:lol:

In post 55, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 54, Southern Gothic wrote:you replaced out cos there was a hydra in the game and you dislike hydras.

I dislike hydras in general, but the Jingle hydra is alright. I like Jingle. I don't like your posts though.

In post 54, Southern Gothic wrote:I just lost a micros by removing 1 of my good friends!

You removed one of your good friends from your privileged circle, which resulted in you losing the micro game you were playing? What?

We'll soon fix that. Anyway, mollie plays because she likes people. So she tends not to lynch her friends as easily, and she gets sad when she does. And she gets even sadder when she myslynches them and they were town. Or at least, I think that's what she's saying.

In post 57, Southern Gothic wrote:
In post 56, Albert B. Rampage wrote:pirate mollie when I talk to you I feel like I'm speaking to a child. Are you an adult?

no.

:eek: Mollie, how old were you when you groped Courtney Love?

In post 68, Pine wrote:He's being all conciliatory and diplomatic and...
nice

ABR who gives a shit what people think of us, he's scum

Hey! Someone's making a decent argument! Icerint lied to me!

In post 71, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 68, Pine wrote:He's being all conciliatory and diplomatic and...nice

I'm nice.

:lol:

In post 73, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Gentlemen, let's be reasonable. Voting for me for being complimentary and expressing my approval of you is like feeding your dog when he's begging for food while you're eating. You're not reinforcing the behavior you want to elicit here.

Don't presume. Maybe I like it when my dog begs. Did you ever consider that? Huh? Anyway, let's humor my dog. What do you think are the names of the scumteam?

In post 74, Iecerint wrote:You're presuming I have a crush on you for your conciliatory personality.

No, I think you have a crush on him because he's really pretty and his singing voice leaves you weak in the knees.

So far (end of page three) Pine, Mollie, and Andrius are town. I'm looking funny at Icy and ABR.

PEdit: No. It's a gimmick. We're not gonna stop. Me and Who have much different posting styles anyway, and arguing about who is scum is more productive than complaining about the last line of each of our posts.

~Albert B. Rampage
Last edited by Shadowmod on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by All is Who »

Dammit, I forgot nesting spoilers kills the whole thing.

@Shadowmod- If you wouldn't mind, deleting the spoilered part of the Farside quote would cut down a lot on the thread clutter. I'm sorry. :(

~Andrius
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by Andrius »

I really want to vote them just to get rid of them.
If you're going to play as a hydra, at least be courteous to the other players.
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Post by All is Who »

In post 139, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 125, Konowa wrote:

In post 123, Southern Gothic wrote:I feel like albert might be scum trying to hide behind a pl on me which isn't to happen with this playerlist. that he is being so stubborn about it in lieu of doing any scumhunting looks pretty scummy to me. looking at four trouble too.

That's not why ABR is trying to lynch you at all? Do you have experience with ABR at all?

plz explain to me oh wise 1 why exactly he is voting us? cos I just iso-ed him and I feel pretty confident that I am going to win this argument. but I anxiously await your response. Image

This is why mollie doesn't have to sign her posts. :lol:

~Axle
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:37 pm

In post 181, Iecerint wrote:Ah, I see.

has correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. It also doesn't contain any phrases in all caps, unnecessary and confusing line breaks, or run on sentences.

Antihero clearly did not write that post.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 160, Southern Gothic wrote:far is unsure to me but she jumps up in the town department cos what you are trying to paint as scummy or something (re: abrasiveness) is not actually scummy and I don't really understand your points here.

Why is far more town just because Konowa thinks she's scum?
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by All is Who »

In post 190, Andrius wrote:I really want to vote them just to get rid of them.
If you're going to play as a hydra, at least be courteous to the other players.

If you can give me a good reason why me signing with random scummer's names is in any way affecting your ability to read the thread, I'll consider it. But it won't unless you tunnel in on it. It's a throwaway line at the end of a post that doesn't have any bearing on the game at all. It's not an insult, or a joke. It's not meant to be rude to you or to the people whose names I'm using. If anything, it's a compliment. Every player who I've signed as with this hydra is someone I genuinely like or someone I hope to enjoy games with, sometimes both.

There is virtually no difference between this, and not signing posts. There are plenty of things to get mad at hydra players about. The inherent benefits of having a partner whose opinion you can trust. The opportunity to abuse hydra dissonance to get away with waffly reads. The fact that we can often end up spamming a thread and filling it with useless garbage. The way I sign my posts is not something that's even close to the top of that list.

The signature thing is a way to amuse ourselves and keep us invested in the game. I plan on hunting and finding scum, but I plan on having fun doing it. With some hydras I do that by insulting the entire playerlist in a PT and ranting about how stupid the other players are. With some I like to tell jokes in a PT. Sometimes, I just have a cheap, silly little gimmick that doesn't actually impact the game. Ask yourself, "Why does this bother me? Would it bother me if it was a single player in the slot? Is it actually something that is difficult to ignore?"

~AniX
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by All is Who »

In post 175, Southern Gothic wrote:
In post 165, PeregrineV wrote:Hi guys-checking on but still on limited access.

if you try to lurk this game out I am going to lynch you.

cos that shit is getting old real fast.

I mean if we are going to bandy around pl's then they as well be for good reasons and not the sort of "omg they are abrasive no wait that looks like scum agreeing with my read no wait that is discrediting" crap that is going on. or the "they are nonsensical" piece that albert is trying throw to around which you seem to think is coming from town?

also that is not shoehorning that is using the idiom "if the shoe fits" which I am thinking it does!

Mollie, it's New Year's Eve Eve. Give the guy a little slack. At least wait until January 6th until we lynch him for being a lurksack.

ABR, why are you voting Pine? What do you think is scummy about his behavior?

Andrius, as a brief break from yelling at me about my gimmick, could you please expand on the Ice read?

~Aronis
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Unvote

Southern is probably town. farside feels town, too. I understand her votes, the frustration in 121 was very genuine, and I like her response to Konowa, especially 133.

Vote: Andrius

I don't like his entrance, or 186, or 190, or any of his posts. His comments feel like someone trying to post shit but not actually trying to figure shit out. Voting me is like going after the easiest target you can grab onto (besides folks who've posted nothing), especially with shitty reasoning like "underwhelming presence." I also don't like how he calls Nacho or Iece "still" town (admittedly this ain't slam-dunk evidence or anything like that but I think saying "still town" comes from a scum mindset even if town do it too; it's like unconsciously expressing that they won't always be town).

Also, for the record, I'm on vacation in Miami right now, so that's why I'm not posting millions of posts and explaining everything I do. I'll post my reads to let you guys know where I'm at, but townreads (especially on folks like ABR and Iece) are the last thing I feel like explaining. I'm not gonna explain the one on Southern either. If later they're under threat of lynching (unlikely but possible), then yeah I'll explain and defend them. But that's not the case, so don't expect me to explain them.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Post by Andrius »

Forgive me, I spoke without charity. I found it annoying in the darkness I allowed myself to fall into. I will strive to let it bother me less.

Mortify the heart.

But to answer your perhaps rhetorical questions:
1) It bothers me because I do not know who, in a hydra, is posting. And because I assume it is done to irritate people.
2) No, because I would know who made the post. Barring difficulties.
3) No.

Again, forgive me, if you may. I spoke without charity and felt without love.

I will give Peregrine time because, while at this moment I cannot remember where, I do remember him as being a decent scummer who should come around.

Iece entered the game as I entered the game, and was not afraid to say he was confused by the flavor (Food). It is not necessarily that explaining things is town-aligned (someone, forgive me that I cannot remember who, correctly stated that helpfulness is not alignment-discerning in and of itself) but I see his play as coming forward from that point as being solidly town.

Ah, welcome FourTrouble.

-------------------------------
FourTrouble wrote:I don't like his entrance, or 186, or 190,
or any of his posts

That may not be something I can help, sir.

"Underwhelming presence" is not weak or bad reasoning. Certain players have prescence, like meta. Fate, would not be Fate if he were not yelling and, as Nacho said in his GKTAS, leading the town with a messiah-like complex. Does that make sense? It is similar to meta, but different in that it means the actual prescence in a game. Your previous votes were a vote, a refusal to explain said vote, two town-read, and a question. Besides this post, you have provided us two town-reads, and a scum-read with no explanation. That does not offer much prescence. I am glad to see you return, even if it there was more stick than carrot, so to speak.

Regardless, my vote will stay because I find it odd (or perhaps circumstantial) that you return after I vote you and explain this vote (one may put forth an case that this is OMGUS) whereas you refused to provide reasoning for your first vote. I understand that you are V/LA, and await more reads/content to the game. I do find it odd that the first vote/read you explain is mine, only after I voted you. I await being able to discern more of your motivations, sir.

FT wrote: it's like unconsciously expressing that they won't always be town

It is stating that I still read them as town. Reads change, as do people. I have played games where alignments change. I have played games where people change. This is neither, but I will continue to state my reads, even if they do not change.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 197, Andrius wrote:Regardless, my vote will stay because I find it odd (or perhaps circumstantial) that you return after I vote you and explain this vote (one may put forth an case that this is OMGUS) whereas you refused to provide reasoning for your first vote. I understand that you are V/LA, and await more reads/content to the game. I do find it odd that the first vote/read you explain is mine, only after I voted you.

This is a terrible reason to keep voting me.
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Post by All is Who »

My apologies for being so late, I was expecting an email notification that the hydra had got a PM, but I forgot that the other head created the account and thus I wouldn't get one. And the other head didn't tell me the game had started. Catching up now.

As for signing posts, I am Who, except so is everyone else. All is Who and Who is all, you people are all my alts, everyone not in the game are all my alts. I hope that that clears things up.
~Sthar8

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”