Mini 1624: Joss Whedon Mafia: The Musical (Game Over)

eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:39 am

Post by eyestott »

Okay the . If this is what it'll take to make you claim, egg:
VOTE: egg. One way or another, hopefully everyone will claim today. I see no reason why you shouldn't start.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:40 am

Post by eyestott »

Boon still didn't answer most of my queries, which is worrying.
I am in favour of an antihero kill, as he was a very valuable town player in the newbie I was recently in, but is hardly contributing to this game.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Antihero »

getting to this tonight
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:15 am

Post by eyestott »

:/
jesusbuddhavrishnathebest
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:37 am

Post by jesusbuddhavrishnathebest »

In post 2298, Egg wrote:
In post 2293, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:Or, more specifically, I don't really have the time to do things I want to do in this game. I think Egg/Antihero are remaining scum, don't think Cabd is scum unless he is scum with Boonskies (but would bet my life on him being scum if Boonskies is), but I am interested in seeing captain falcon's approach this game day to my slot and yours and if he's thinking along the same lines that I am and if so, how so.

Wanna help me lynch Antihero today then?

Hell no. Not while this head has anything to say about it, and I think he's just trying to get me to start caring about this game again, by going after one of my stronger town-reads.
The strong person is not the good wrestler. Rather, the strong person is the one who controls himself when he is angry.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:42 am

In post 2299, serrapaladin wrote:@jesus: then help me get votes on Egg so he claims.

with Cabd holding a gun, it doesn't really matter. I do think egg is the best kill to be made today, and is the kill he better make on our behalf, but with the pressure wagon already having it's stated desired effect, and with him being brought to L-1 could mean a fire placed else where due to threat, I think the best course of action would be to bully cabd into shooting in that direction.
The strong person is not the good wrestler. Rather, the strong person is the one who controls himself when he is angry.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:55 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

@ Murder, I don't like the way you are trying to leverage Nacho's townread on you and the "you have two choices" feels like trying to box me into a read in way that I don't normally form reads:
Murder wrote:Nacho is saying he will stake this game on us being town. Nacho has said that this read is so firm that he won't be changing his mind ever.

You have 2 choices. Either you state that you have zero respect for Nacho and throw him away or you make an argument for him being scum to explain why his defense on us is so wrong. Thats it. You have just sort of pretended that his huge wall defending our slot doesn't exist.

I'm unsure on both you and Nacho at this point. I liked the way you were so resistant to lynching Yonce but so easily voted the mafia Encryptor which makes it more likely you/Yonce are both town than other scenarios but I'm not positive.

Your post is a bit unclear but if you are implying that if I have any respect for him at all, I should either sheep his read or call him scum with you, then you have no idea how I play this game. Nacho has his read. I have mine. I discussed my read with him. I'm not convinced that you're so amazingly town based off my discussion. And what are your updated thoughts on Nacho considering your paranoia there and where did that come from?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 am

In post 2142, Murder of Crows wrote:
In post 2129, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:
at the beginning of the game, anti was more active, and incredibly passionate about his pushes that he was making and, IMO it was really apparent that he truly believed in those lynches, and wanted to get his pushes lynched.

Ehhhh, ok. I'll be honest, I've had paranoia about AH being TOO sure at a couple points in the game. I considered an antihero/lmp team for that reason and haven't 100% shaken that paranoia still. I also thought his push on boon D2 was a bit heavy handed. I understand your perspective and I can reread. My main concern is that his opinions just seem a little bit canned. Hes got stances and hes not really reevaluating them or progressing anything.

Really?

Please don't do this to me. Please.

Yeah, he's got stances, and yes he isn't really re-evaluating them, or re-reading them, which is why I tried to force that to happen the moment we replaced in but I know that, as town Anti is similar to me, in that he probably won't do so unless forced when he really feels that the push he's making is a scum-push, and there is no such thing as "Too sure" IMO and the fact that you think that prooobbbaablyyyy means he's town and in the event that he has resistance on his desired lynch, I kinda feel like anti would back down and try and get his other read lynched because He's kinda like me and that's something I would do.

I didn't, and still don't think his scum-game is good enough to push lynches with just as much passion as he did, knowing that said lynches were fake along with said reason above. I certainly don't believe that anti!scum would have resisted on giving up the scum-read when it was obviously not going to be going anywhere, even if his passion in pushing our slot when we occupied it didn't seem to be strong as it once was.

Where have you seen antihero scum before? I havent seen him play scum. And I mean obviously from my perspective his push on you or Boon and/or you isn't necessarily fake if he knows you are scum.

I've actually just realized I havn't seen his scum-play yet and I think our hydra together might have given me an impression that I have/know what his scum-game is like?

and, sure but really? yes, that's an argument you can make, but if he were to bus, he would need some kind of town-cred to ride on later on in the day if he wants to win especially if his bussing is successful and ends up lynching his partner. Also, if we were scum with anti, Boon can't be scum unless you really, really think that bulbazak would put a 4p team in a 13p game so one of his pushes on us has to be a legit, passionate, town push so...

To me, it was very, very obvious that he was wavering on his read but was still incredibly wary on putting his trust in me because of where his reads had stood. It took way, way to much effort than it should have to sway him to my side, and to have him place his trust in me, but I think I eventually succeeded in that? I don't think scum-anti would have made me put all that effort in trying to get him to my side, especially since he knows that I am apt to give up in lieu of the other players I could potentially work with. Anti-scum probably needs someone to hide behind, and I was the most obvious target at that point in time though, he's resisted.

I'll reread your interactions with him. I was taking in a ton of information all at once and was pretty tired. I never got the impression that anti was coming around to you guys being town. I do distinctly recall more posts about LMP being scum from him.

you didn't? did you get around to doing this, because at some point he stopped pushing us, and started being all fatalistic and didn't know where he was going in this game. He needs someone to support him, but he won't let anyone take up that role. The wavering happened after we replaced in, not before so maybe start from there.

where my read on him wavers, surprisingly has to do with the context of which the post you think is coming from anti-town. He's being very fatalistic atm, and I expected him to be a little bit more active since he now has a rock that he can rely on, but he's still being somewhat difficult, even though (as far as I can tell) he's dropped that scum-read on us. I feel like, since having dropped the scum-read on us, he doesn't know where else he can look, and has seemingly stopped with his scum-hunting but I don't know if that's an effect of him being fatalistic, and I don't know if that's an effect of him being in a really dark, dark place but I think those as effects could be very probable

The rock being you? I guess I still need to be convinced that he actually thinks you guys are town, because you are talking like he 180'd his read on your slot and I really dont remember getting that impression. Mmm. And yes I agree that antihero's scumhunting has been ehhh on Day 2.

I don't think he's 180'd yet, but I think he's getting there, but the fact that he needs the rock to get there is contributing to that. The rock doesn't have to be us, and Ideally the rock would probably be Serra but he's been doing fuckall this game so relying on him this game has some pretty obvious set-backs. I also think the fact that he's stopped pursuing our slot, and calling our slot scum is indicative of him dropping that read.

We also gave cabd two whole days to get his shit together, and he still really isn't. Anti has only even been given a day, and I think both of them are equal in power so I don't see why we can't give anti more time to get his act together.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:05 am

In post 2280, Medea the Alien wrote:Like I know scumcabd is gambit happy and all but that's 100% always the objectively right choice given bulba's rules set and the rules behind this shot.

you know, I really want you killed, and maybe I'll convince Nacho and skrew to back-up this read and get it to happen before you can fire your vig-shot.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:06 am

In post 2279, Medea the Alien wrote:If I was scum given a dayvig shot i'd have insta-shot boonskies to force a day end and have it such that nobody knew who it was that did it. (Unless of course you'd assume medea-boon as the remaining scum)
I don't have to post my shot ITT.

There are various reasons for scum-you to play in this manner, over playing in the manner stated in this post.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Murder of Crows »

In post 2306, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ Murder, I don't like the way you are trying to leverage Nacho's townread on you and the "you have two choices" feels like trying to box me into a read in way that I don't normally form reads:
Murder wrote:Nacho is saying he will stake this game on us being town. Nacho has said that this read is so firm that he won't be changing his mind ever.

You have 2 choices. Either you state that you have zero respect for Nacho and throw him away or you make an argument for him being scum to explain why his defense on us is so wrong. Thats it. You have just sort of pretended that his huge wall defending our slot doesn't exist.

I'm unsure on both you and Nacho at this point. I liked the way you were so resistant to lynching Yonce but so easily voted the mafia Encryptor which makes it more likely you/Yonce are both town than other scenarios but I'm not positive.

Your post is a bit unclear but if you are implying that if I have any respect for him at all, I should either sheep his read or call him scum with you, then you have no idea how I play this game. Nacho has his read. I have mine. I discussed my read with him. I'm not convinced that you're so amazingly town based off my discussion. And what are your updated thoughts on Nacho considering your paranoia there and where did that come from?

this is addressed to a post made by AP so I'll let him answer your questions.

I don't share his paranoia about Nacho. I wouldn't have voted you when he did, but I have had some concerns about you.

We failed pretty hard at working together yesterday. When the game day started my inclination was to fold up that particular tent and move on.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:30 am

Oh I should get back to caring about this game again
Though is Cabd gonna listen to anyone or just do his own thing?
(is penguin still around?)
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:25 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Vote CountMedea the Alien (0):
Jesusbuddhavrishnathebest (0):
Antihero (1): Egg
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (1): Murder of Crows
Egg (2): Serrapaladin, Eyestott
Serrapaladin (0):
Boonskiies (0):
Eyestott (1): Medea the Alien
Murder of Crows (0):
Yoncé (0):

Not Voting (5): Jesusbuddhavrishnathebest, Antihero, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Boonskiies, Yoncé

It is day 3. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day ends on Wednesday, January 7 at 1:00am EST. Countdown: (expired on 2015-01-07 01:00:00).
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 2301, eyestott wrote:
Boon still didn't answer most of my queries, which is worrying.

I am in favour of an antihero kill, as he was a very valuable town player in the newbie I was recently in, but is hardly contributing to this game.

I haven't seen them. Sorry, I'm super skimming to try and stay caught up. I'll look now.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Oh, just you thinking I'm being anti-town. Well, yeah. I'm barely keeping up on this game, and I'm unsure how to go about thinking about what my inventions do. I kind of just hope for the best.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:35 am

In post 2304, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:I think he's just trying to get me to start caring about this game again, by going after one of my stronger town-reads.

bullshit detected
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:38 am

In post 2305, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:with Cabd holding a gun, it doesn't really matter. I do think egg is the best kill to be made today, and is the kill he better make on our behalf, but with the pressure wagon already having it's stated desired effect, and with him being brought to L-1 could mean a fire placed else where due to threat, I think the best course of action would be to bully cabd into shooting in that direction.

How scummy is your slot determined to be today, HOLY CRAP
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:44 am

In post 2306, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Your post is a bit unclear but if you are implying that if I have any respect for him at all, I should either sheep his read or call him scum with you, then you have no idea how I play this game. Nacho has his read. I have mine. I discussed my read with him. I'm not convinced that you're so amazingly town based off my discussion. And what are your updated thoughts on Nacho considering your paranoia there and where did that come from?

Thats fine I guess, I'm mostly just concerned that you totally ignored his long post detailing why he thought we were town. I mean you were spending so mcuh time talking about ffery being scum it was weird that you just didn'[t care that someone was in the thread and being extremely forceful about us being town (and yes I think especially so since that person was Nacho).
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:36 am

omg AP either actually scumread us or shut up
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:53 pm

In post 2315, Murder of Crows wrote:
In post 2304, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:I think he's just trying to get me to start caring about this game again, by going after one of my stronger town-reads.

bullshit detected

btw this is Nacho ghostwriting for Mara since apparently this is hard to type:
Spoiler:
What bullshit?
What fucking bullshit is he talking about?
Fuck off.
I just
I don't understand
There's no bullshit in any of that it's
ugh
I can't even say it
Shut up are you really typing all of that?
Hahahahahahahaha
What the fuck?
You're seriously typing all of that?
What the fuck, Nacho?
Stop!
It's not even relevant anymore...
I just want to tell him to fuck off like seriously because there's nothing in there that could be construed as bullshit. Like holy fuck. He's always scumreading the fuck out of me regardless of what my alignment is
We've had like three or four games together and I was town in all of them and we lynched him every time
He always pushes me as scum and it makes no fucking sense
EVERY SINGLE GAME WE'VE BEEN IN TOGETHER HE'S ALWAYS BEEN WRONG ON ME AS TOWN
I think if you're constantly reading me wrong it's something
Like like if holy fuck
If you're reading me wrong, four out of four times it should be reevaluated how you read me. I do that for people.
I'm done.
~sigh~
(silence)
What are you waiting for?
What are you waiting for?
I'm done, I don't want to talk anymore.
It's not even relevant to the holy holy shit it's not even relevant.
Why do you have to type everything up?
Oh my god.
(giggle)
Just post it already, god damn.
(silence)
(shakes head)
(tries to giggle silently)
(sighs passive aggressively)
JUST POST IT GOD DAMN

Nacho's response:
Why?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Looking for a replacement for Yoncé.

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:05 pm

In post 2316, Murder of Crows wrote:How scummy is your slot determined to be today, HOLY CRAP

Nacho ghostwrites again.
Spoiler:
Fuck off?
Literally fuck the fuck right
I don't even know how to respond to it, that's ridiculous
WHY ARE YOU TYPING IT NOW
It's.
Ugh.
Fuck the right right I don't even know how to phrase it
(gibberish)
It's so dumb. It's just a dumb post. And I hate it.
AND WHY ARE YOU TYPING IT ALL OUT
It's just annoying as fuck, he's just always reading me as scum no matter what we're doing.
He's always reading me as scum and it's annoying the fuck out of me like every single game it's happened almost in this fashion, like it's ALWAYS IN THIS FUCKING FASHION, he starts reading me as town and then he rereads and then he's like "you're scum" I don't understand it, I don't understand it, I don't understand it. It just makes no sense. And like... you can bring up a game where mollie was scum and you were town and AP was in a hydra with BRO I believe? Where you pegged the shit out of mollie? It was a jasontupick.

Nacho: I don't think AP was in that game???

Mara: No I remember because he had me correctly as town he had me correctly as town and then he scumread the shit out of me. Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's what happened like fuck, I hate it. I don't understand why he does that, why he doesn't trust his original read which is OBVIOUSLY FUCKING CORRECT.
Just post this now, I'm done. I'm gonna go eat something now.

Nacho's response:
I don't actually understand what's scummy about that: Cabd's gonna control this day because it will end with his shot, and my vote wherever isn't really going to affect that? It's like faux voting in Kingmaker which is fucking useless.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 2305, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:
In post 2299, serrapaladin wrote:@jesus: then help me get votes on Egg so he claims.

with Cabd holding a gun, it doesn't really matter. I do think egg is the best kill to be made today, and is the kill he better make on our behalf, but with the pressure wagon already having it's stated desired effect, and with him being brought to L-1 could mean a fire placed else where due to threat, I think the best course of action would be to bully cabd into shooting in that direction.

In post 2309, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:
In post 2279, Medea the Alien wrote:If I was scum given a dayvig shot i'd have insta-shot boonskies to force a day end and have it such that nobody knew who it was that did it. (Unless of course you'd assume medea-boon as the remaining scum)
I don't have to post my shot ITT.

There are various reasons for scum-you to play in this manner, over playing in the manner stated in this post.

I agree. For instance, you couldve not shot boon so you could bring up this point and try to get yourself some towncred. Your point about this is less valid because it was you brought it up. If someone else had realised this before you posted, it wouldnt look so much like scum going "Hey look here at this towny thing i did!".
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 2314, Boonskiies wrote:Oh, just you thinking I'm being anti-town. Well, yeah. I'm barely keeping up on this game, and I'm unsure how to go about thinking about what my inventions do. I kind of just hope for the best.

What happened to:
In post 804, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 794, Ankamius wrote:Is there any particular reason for a Boon lynch outside of policy?

I've played with him before and read games he was in, and I don't think I've ever seen him be very useful in a game regardless of alignment.

My early game is horrendous, that's why.
I always step it up shortly after.
Must have been reading/playing in my early games on the site...yikes.

and:
In post 837, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 830, Antihero wrote:VOTE: boon

Bad vote. My Day 1's are horrible.

You havent increased in usefulness yesterday or today. I dont remember you making any attempt to catch scum, except for your D1 vote of me. Youve essentially prod-dodged your way through today.
Questions for you:
1: Are your abilities all actions that give an ability to a target, all one shot abilities, a mixture, or do you not know? If one of the first 3, were you told in your pm? If the third option, what is the flavour reason for having a mix?
2a: If the first option, why didnt you mention this when you said you gave the lightning rod to anatole?
2b: If the second, why is medea not dead?
2c: If the third, how have you factored not knowing into your choice of target, given that (If your town-reading Medea) you could have either given a kill to a townread or downright killed them?
2d: If the fourth, why havent you mentioned that you didnt know? Why base your night 1 action on the thinking that you had 1-shots, but for some reason, base your N2 action on the thinking you gave 1-shots?
3: Why would you give a kill to Medea, given that your last D2 post about them was voting them?
4: This is an extremely important question. Why the heck did you not give the kill to serrapaladin, a CONFIRMED TOWN?
5: If you believe your abilities are a mix of 1-shots and 1-shot givers, how do you think each of your inventions work? What you say here better make sense with your next actions.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Bump.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”