Mini 1630: Edgar Allan Poe uPick GAME OVER!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.4
Who livest—that we know—
In Eternity—we feel—
But the shadow of whose brow
What spirit shall reveal?
Tho' the beings whom thy Nesace,
Thy messenger hath known
Have dream'd for thy Infinity
*A model of their own—
Thy will is done, Oh, God!
The star hath ridden high
Thro' many a tempest, but she rode
Beneath thy burning eye;
And here, in thought, to thee—
In thought that can alone
Ascend thy empire and so be
A partner of thy throne—

LynxKuroneko
(4): copper223, Faster Than Light, Policy Lynch, Kthxbye
copper223
(2): LynxKuroneko, CaskOfAmontillado,
PurloinedLetter

PurloinedLetter
(0): Catastrophe

Not Voting
(5): Krystal Bald, Brantz, Ghatokaca, Bookitty, Medea the Alien

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: January 16, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-01-15 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- Brantz is on V/LA until 01/04.
- :][/area]
Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 94, copper223 wrote:
In post 64, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 39, copper223 wrote:I also didn't find it and Kristal likely has a post restriction involving facial expressions, eyes in particular.

Lynx does seem pretty scummy though, did you roll Jester m'boy?

Let's talk about this for a second. Expound on the Lynx scumread.

-TTH

It's not a scumread, he seems to be trying to be scumread and I'm thinking about why he would do so.

He starts with: it's not OMGUS I promise (???), then an aTe about please stop voting me, then he hints PR with you will regret this and finally he avoids answering questions with random conments: I'm following the flow, he then went further with the PR hints.

He is either a very awkward scum player or something else is going on.

Policy lynch: you find it suspicious I'm trying to understand the setup? Lol. Why is Bookitty not suspicious as well?

I think Krystal is leaning town from her opening posts, the restriction means jack for her alignment and TTH should be the first to know it, this myth about restrictions being super powered PR's or scum is BS most of the time, so I'm judging her on what she says as you should, and meta reading lynx after what Ceph said was also my first reaction.

Above: copper not declaring that lynx is definitely a jester or scum and doing quite the reverse. Also there's a comment directed at us here but I don't recall saying something like that myself so I'll assume it's directed at orc.

In post 96, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 93, copper223 wrote:
In post 59, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:copper, you drew scum again didn't you? :(

VOTE: copper

-TTH

No but I think you might have, it's just gut for now but that negative intro about giving no fucks pings me.

Drunken comments ping you now? Alright. :lol:

This looks like a lame excuse. Why not explain why what you said isn't scummy, rather than writing it off as "drunken" and apparently expecting copper to have somehow known that?
In post 97, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 94, copper223 wrote:It's not a scumread, he seems to be trying to be scumread and I'm thinking about why he would do so.

From what I've heard, Jester as a role isn't really used and is mainly the stuff of lore now.

How does "I'm thinking about why he would do so" translate to "Jester 100%"?

In post 94, copper223 wrote:He starts with: it's not OMGUS I promise (???), then an aTe about please stop voting me, then he hints PR with you will regret this and finally he avoids answering questions with random conments: I'm following the flow, he then went further with the PR hints.

He is either a very awkward scum player or something else is going on.

How did you rule out him just being a a very awkward player just in general?

He didn't????

In post 94, copper223 wrote:I think Krystal is leaning town from her opening posts, the restriction means jack for her alignment and TTH should be the first to know it, this myth about restrictions being super powered PR's or scum is BS most of the time, so I'm judging her on what she says as you should, and meta reading lynx after what Ceph said was also my first reaction.

And you know the post restriction is real... how?

You say this like scum would necessarily know if a townie restriction was real or not?
In post 100, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 98, copper223 wrote:I did the same in lucky star

Did I mention Lucky Star aside from the plain fact you drew scum? Ceph imposed the idea I was invoking meta for the read and I wasn't.

I was bringing up meta myself as a reason I didn't especially think he was scum, and also expressing surprise you didn't feel the same.
In post 101, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 98, copper223 wrote:Your vote on me because I said the player I started the RVS on seemed scummy

Right, and the reasons you give for that range from him being scum to him being Jester (?) but don't include him just being awkward. There's a closed-mindedness about that which is scummy.

I'm gonna take issue with this. By your logic, I guess we should never suggest that anyone is scummy, because that would involve not considering the alternative? And I thought copper was leaving options pretty much open so it's also just bullshit?

In post 103, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 5, Krystal Bald wrote:*Waves*

This was the first thing she posted. It clearly wasn't facial expressions, copper.

Is it completely ridiculous that he could have forgotten about that/not cared? Why are you being so condescending?

In post 110, copper223 wrote:On why it seems likely a true restriction to me; I had that tell (which if your interpretation of post consistency is correct is weaker than I believed), the setup which is about being stuck in a mad world and fake's idea about the silence poem which I interpreted as she may have chosen something from the silence poem to submit when asked for the three Poe connections.

If it's real, my thought is they had to make up their own restriction or something. I don't see ffery inventing this one. But eh, I don't know. Krystal, does your restriction go away at any point?

In post 112, LynxKuroneko wrote:I meant I was insane as part of general game flavor, and because I normally wouldn't want to be offed. I feel like my ability is mostly anti-town, therefore I'd be the best lynch D1 (and don't want to risk getting night killed, which ignores the better part of my ability). If you read my other games you'll see that I normally try to stay alive regardless.

Arguing whether we think a post restriction is real isn't going to solve problems right now. I'd rather we scrutinize whether that player is providing town support or not, pr or no.

If we have an investigative around its up to them to sort that out.

Okay, so... if you anted to be lynched, why didn't you just ask to be lynched, and claim your negative utility? And why aren't you claiming it now?

I'm very hesitant to intentionally lynch town D1 of a mini. We don't have that much room. I feel like it's probably not as bad as you think it is.

-Ceph
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 123, Faster Than Light wrote:
In post 122, Bookitty wrote:
In post 9, Faster Than Light wrote:
Is there a sample VT role pm?

Why did you want this, Faster than Light?

@Lynx: Do you think there are scum on your wagon? If so, who do you think they are?

my faction looked scummy but
i knew I was town so i had to double check

orci's first post reconfirmed me but i had to triple check

Can you explain how you knew you were town? I know how I knew that, and the rest of your explanation makes sense, but I'm wondering if you deduced this in the same way that I did.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 126, Policy Vote wrote:Okay, so... if you anted to be lynched, why didn't you just ask to be lynched, and claim your negative utility? And why aren't you claiming it now?

I second this comment/suggestion.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:49 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Mostly Kthx's uninterested love of wagons bothers me. I could do with him leaving my wagon. I wasn't sure how to convey my desire to be lynched. I do feel its the best course of action though. We can socialize some more til then and see what the quiet people have to offer.

I also stated my negative utility.
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Policy Vote »

You have stated that it exists.

Since you want to be lynched anyway, why not tell us exactly what it is?

Don't claim your postmortem whatever, I guess, but why do you want to be lynched, *exactly*?
Faster Than Light
Faster Than Light
Goon
Faster Than Light
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Faster Than Light »

In post 127, Bookitty wrote:
In post 123, Faster Than Light wrote:
In post 122, Bookitty wrote:
In post 9, Faster Than Light wrote:
Is there a sample VT role pm?

Why did you want this, Faster than Light?

@Lynx: Do you think there are scum on your wagon? If so, who do you think they are?

my faction looked scummy but
i knew I was town so i had to double check

orci's first post reconfirmed me but i had to triple check

Can you explain how you knew you were town? I know how I knew that, and the rest of your explanation makes sense, but I'm wondering if you deduced this in the same way that I did.

Firstly The win condition resembled that of standard town wincon rather than scum wincon. Secondly I couldn't find my scum qt if I was supposed to have one
This is a Hydra of Metal Sonic and Varsoon. Be prepared.
Faster Than Light
Faster Than Light
Goon
Faster Than Light
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 am

Post by Faster Than Light »

Why nobody comment on purloined letter ghost status??
This is a Hydra of Metal Sonic and Varsoon. Be prepared.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:56 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Because lynching me D1 (or as early as possible seems to be the best use of my ability. As far aa negative utility, I'm not Miller, I can see what power role is used on me at night. Which is... nice? I'd just rather give town a fantastic reconnaisance opportunity through this lynch.
PurloinedLetter
PurloinedLetter
Townie
PurloinedLetter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:02 am

Post by PurloinedLetter »

In post 131, Faster Than Light wrote:
Firstly The win condition resembled that of standard town wincon rather than scum wincon. Secondly I couldn't find my scum qt if I was supposed to have one

I echo this sentiment. I was wondering if I were town for a second too and only decided I was town because of win condition.
In post 133, LynxKuroneko wrote:Because lynching me D1 (or as early as possible seems to be the best use of my ability. As far aa negative utility, I'm not Miller, I can see what power role is used on me at night. Which is... nice? I'd just rather give town a fantastic reconnaisance opportunity through this lynch.

That's negative utility...how?
-Tier
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:03 am

Post by copper223 »

@Lynx
Why did you claim that if an investigative PR checked you, "townread" players would lynch you tomorrow?

I'd like to be investigated tonight, if possible. Then I will be lynched by townread players.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 132, Faster Than Light wrote:Why nobody comment on purloined letter ghost status??

I don't know what you mean by this.

@LynxKuroneko: This makes less than no sense to me. If you are lynched, no power roles would be used on you at night as far as I can see. Also, asking for people to investigate you would only out those power roles, something scum would want and town would not. So:

1. What is the advantage for town in lynching you, if you have a self-watching ability?
2. What is the advantage for town power roles to investigate you?

I've been debating about talking about this, but there is something in my role PM that indicates that something could happen that could cause something else. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:14 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

I had a thought process that I realized was stupid so I decided to start being more direct.

@Mod Lady, am I allowed to paraphrase my post-lynch ability? Just being safe.

If so then this won't need any more discussion.

How helpful is ability self-watch really? :\ I see that I was doctored, and then I wonder who it was. Then again I could use it to beat false claims, but that requires I be alive for some time and establish town cred.

I say this route is better.

@Boo, I am unaware of that last part.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:21 am

Post by Bookitty »

I guess I should specify (though I doubt anyone here needs it) that if the first event is something caused by a particular power role, do not respond about the question about my role PM. Thanks!
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 137, LynxKuroneko wrote:How helpful is ability self-watch really? :\ I see that I was doctored, and then I wonder who it was. Then again I could use it to beat false claims, but that requires I be alive for some time and establish town cred.I say this route is better.

No matter how good your post lynch ability is, it's almost certainly not as good as having a warm town body. Which incidentally, is obviously something you are. Lynx is obvtown in case anyone hadn't realized that. At this point, I would rather you still around and try to help us out.

I have yet to see how you are possibly negative utility in any way.

Boo: I have no idea what you're talking about.

-Ceph
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Bookitty »

I think Faster than Light is probably town too, based on his answers.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:43 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 137, LynxKuroneko wrote:@Mod Lady, am I allowed to paraphrase my post-lynch ability? Just being safe.

Players paraphrasing their role PMs is ok.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:21 am

Post by copper223 »

@Lynx
Keep it for yourself and try to have more confidence in your game.

@TTH
What's your take now?

@Catastrophe
VOTE: Catastrophe

first to brake off the wagon on a more or less obvious town now and first to jump on the PL claim for town cred.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:44 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Its less about confidence and more about how effective my ability can be. But if its not something people are willing to try, I guess I can't force anything out of it. I'm terrible at D1 reads though. Day 2 is where the fun's at for me!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I don't want to lynch Lynx. If he's truthful (I think so) then he will be useful whenever he is lynched or nightkilled. If he's lying, then we can safely wait a while to see what happens anyway.

I like copper for town so far.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Bookitty wrote:I like copper for town so far.

Eh, I don't see what you're seeing, but I'm not sure yet.

In post 139, Policy Vote wrote:
In post 137, LynxKuroneko wrote:How helpful is ability self-watch really? :\ I see that I was doctored, and then I wonder who it was. Then again I could use it to beat false claims, but that requires I be alive for some time and establish town cred.I say this route is better.

No matter how good your post lynch ability is, it's almost certainly not as good as having a warm town body. Which incidentally, is obviously something you are. Lynx is obvtown in case anyone hadn't realized that. At this point, I would rather you still around and try to help us out.

I have yet to see how you are possibly negative utility in any way.

Boo: I have no idea what you're talking about.

-Ceph

^yup

UNVOTE:

VOTE: copper
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Well, now I feel like a special snowflake. :)

If it's not a general thing included in most PMs, and the responses I've gotten lead me to think it's not, please NO ONE else respond to the question. Thank you!
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

My ability only activates on lynch. :[
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Post by Krystal Bald »

In post 54, copper223 wrote:Only use body language?

*Nods*
In post 89, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:Hey so Krystal, I know that faking a PR might be fun and all that, but it's also really annoying and it's gonna make it tough to play a game that's already full of hydras.

TTH thinks you're doing it because you're scum. I'm not so sure of that.

So here's your chance. Drop the schtick now and no harm done.

But if you actually have a PR? Or if you're really that dedicated to a joke thats not really very clever?

Best keep it up. Cause if you slip and dont get punished by the mod? We're gonna assume that your motive is antitown and burn down your metaphorical house.

This will be my only post on this subject that does not include a vote.

-sthar8

*Holds her right thumb and pinky next to her ear and mouth respectively, speaking voicelessly. Appears frustrated while slapping her hand again and again, looking more irked with every iteration. Suddenly, with an enlightened look, she reaches to the top of her right hand and pulls up her middle finger. A look of understanding washes over her face and she passes the hand off to sthar8.*
In post 120, Bookitty wrote:@Krystal: Do you have reasons to think we shouldn't be voting Lynx today? If you think we should, please nod. If not, please shake your head at me.

*Shakes head.*
*Points at LynxKuroneko. Moves fingers back and forth, parallel to one another, then clutches heart and falls to the ground, before slowly floating back up while wiggling her fingers and making an O with her mouth.*
In post 126, Policy Vote wrote:Krystal, does your restriction go away at any point?

*Shakes head*
Ha͈̜͇̦͚i̭̖͕̭͍̫l̥̲̯ ̱̦͚̤P͓̦͎̳i̟̱z҉͚͈̖̖z̳͡a̶l͈̞̦̙c͖̥͔̮͓̣͎ơ̼̬͚̦̫a͇̪̹̠t̨̲ļ͈͚̼̰.̝̱̦͉
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by Krystal Bald »

In post 14, Faster Than Light wrote:VOTE: lynxkuroneko

Lynx is scum.
I've used up all my shots.

In post 111, Faster Than Light wrote:
Lynxkuroneko

Are you a miller?

In post 113, LynxKuroneko wrote:Pretty much, and getting lynched lets me be helpful.

*Shoots Faster Than Light a questioning glance, pointing at FTL's position on the most recent vote count.*
Ha͈̜͇̦͚i̭̖͕̭͍̫l̥̲̯ ̱̦͚̤P͓̦͎̳i̟̱z҉͚͈̖̖z̳͡a̶l͈̞̦̙c͖̥͔̮͓̣͎ơ̼̬͚̦̫a͇̪̹̠t̨̲ļ͈͚̼̰.̝̱̦͉

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”