Mini 1630: Edgar Allan Poe uPick GAME OVER!

copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:55 am

Post by copper223 »

@Catastrophe
I read lynx as more or less confirmed because starting the game with the idea of getting lynched, admitting you did so, still ask to get lynched and ask if you can reveal why is not something I see in the range of plays of Lynx scum, if you read his scum qt and how he describes himself in general, he is player conscious of being new to the game and thinking he is not very good, so it makes perfect sense to me that he would be willing to sacrifice himself to give town some sort of boon, while it's extremely unlikely he comes prepared with a risky gambit to confirm himself as scum.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Policy Vote »

^I agree with that

-Ceph
Catastrophe
Catastrophe
Goon
Catastrophe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Catastrophe »

In post 65, Medea the Alien wrote:Well I was going to walk in here to yelll and ceph and reign orcinus back to the driver's seat but then lynx kept posting and ???

PL gets no townpoints for that opening, he literally went down the "what makes morph townread something on the first post" list and checked every box as he went. Which seems too deliberate and targeted at me?

P-edit: I expect some amusing walls in response from copper, now having played with him once and seeing his style.

Nope, don't like this post at all - the ego in it is off.

In post 82, Medea the Alien wrote:I actually have ffery-as-mod/gamedesigner meta here, but i'm not entirely sure it's worth discussing today.

No, it's not.

In post 111, Faster Than Light wrote:
Lynxkuroneko

Are you a miller?

This is a stupid at best and scum at worst rolefish.

In post 115, LynxKuroneko wrote:Reconnaisance.

In post 117, LynxKuroneko wrote:Oh, its worth it. No matter the outcome.

Please leave this thing alone, it's so clearly town.

In post 123, Faster Than Light wrote:
In post 122, Bookitty wrote:
In post 9, Faster Than Light wrote:
Is there a sample VT role pm?

Why did you want this, Faster than Light?

@Lynx: Do you think there are scum on your wagon? If so, who do you think they are?

my faction looked scummy but i knew I was town so i had to double check

orci's first post reconfirmed me but i had to triple check

This is very, very town, however, as I had the -exact- same reaction.

In post 159, Faster Than Light wrote:Catastrophe is pinging a little for me, although I don't have anything substantial other than tacked-on interest in why we asked for a sample pm and then no real substantial followup on that (unlike bookitty)

In post 168, Catastrophe wrote:OK so I'm getting done with holiday stuff and will be able to post more in depth during the next couple of days but for now we need a prod-dodge and I'm going to throw some stuff into it.

@FTL: I'd just like to point out that we haven't said anything since our first post. That's why we didn't follow up on the question.
@Policy: Why is Lynx obvtown again?
@copper: What exactly is the "shallow observation" you're talking about in #160?
@copper: Please explain the phrase "first to brake off the wagon on a more or less obvious town now" in post #142. Who is the obvious town you're talking about, how did we "brake off" the wagon and what is scummy about that?

UNVOTE: Purloined, obviously.

Some observations:

-FTL seems town to me. There's the reasoning behind asking for a public VT PM (I was also a tad confused by the "morbid" name), but I also realized that scum would be more likely to PM the mod and ask for a public VT PM to be posted, as opposed to asking publicly in the thread.
-Somebody questioned my reasoning on Policy being town. I've realized now that there are more reasons to treat PL as a townread: If they're telling the truth about their role, they likely get NK'ed pretty early or, given enough time, their role can confirm itself if we get two lovers dying. I don't see scum having a loverizer because that basically gives them an extra kill.

I haven't heard from TSO yet, but I'm hoping now that we're past all the holiday stuff we'll become more active.

--tool.

I agree with everything here except the questioning of Lynx.

In post 173, Policy Vote wrote:
In post 170, Policy Vote wrote:Am I the only one who keeps looking at Varsoon's vote as RVS?

Because it sounds like RVS to me

But at the same time 168 makes a catastrophe/ftl scumteam unlikely

pity

What relevance does this have to anything?

In post 171, Policy Vote wrote:VOTE: catastrophe

choo choo

to those who can't tell this was the head that hasn't posted until now

Yeah, it was the first really illogical post from the hydra.

In post 175, copper223 wrote:@Catastrophe
I read lynx as more or less confirmed because starting the game with the idea of getting lynched, admitting you did so, still ask to get lynched and ask if you can reveal why is not something I see in the range of plays of Lynx scum, if you read his scum qt and how he describes himself in general, he is player conscious of being new to the game and thinking he is not very good, so it makes perfect sense to me that he would be willing to sacrifice himself to give town some sort of boon, while it's extremely unlikely he comes prepared with a risky gambit to confirm himself as scum.
Catastrophe
Catastrophe
Goon
Catastrophe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Catastrophe »

Missed the last quote - I agree with it, but I don't see how tool was magically expected to have read his scum QT.
Catastrophe
Catastrophe
Goon
Catastrophe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Catastrophe »

All of this is TSO - I should probably try to set an example by signing, so I'll do that from now on.
Catastrophe
Catastrophe
Goon
Catastrophe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Catastrophe »

Town:

LynxKuroneko (claim)
Faster than Light (asking publicly + wc confusion)
Catastrophe (we're fucking obvtown)

Nulltown:

Policy Lynch (their first post was good, but the reason they get called town for it was the SK part. I thought the same. However, their read on us makes no sense.)
Bookitty (A lot of her play so far has had pro-town motivation, from a skim. The only one here who's actually being townread for play.)
Krystal Bald (PR is more likely to come from town. Aside from that, they made one brilliant post which made me laugh.)
PurloinedLetter (their voteproof claim is true, at the least, and I've only ever seen a Lynchproof scum once. it was only for d1, too. to be watched, however.)

Null:

Ghatokaca (consider posting)
Brantz (who are you)
copper223 (He's probably posted enough to be readable - but I'm not going to try to read him yet.)

Nullscum:

Kthxbye (145 doesn't make sense to me ("I'm not seeing copper-town yet, but not sure - VOTE: copper) - ???)
CaskOfAmontillado (This thing is pretty close to null, really, but I'm just not really a fan of it so far. Make me believe, please.)

Scum:

Medea the Alien (The hydra gives me a really uneasy feeling so far. I don't like anything they've done so far.)

-TSO
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:47 am

Post by T S O »

In post 65, Medea the Alien wrote:Well I was going to walk in here to yelll and ceph and reign orcinus back to the driver's seat but then lynx kept posting and ???

PL gets no townpoints for that opening, he literally went down the "what makes morph townread something on the first post" list and checked every box as he went. Which seems too deliberate and targeted at me?

P-edit: I expect some amusing walls in response from copper, now having played with him once and seeing his style.

Oh, and egopost.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:58 am

Post by copper223 »

@TSO
I like most of that readlist, of course I'm 10x more obvious town than you from where I'm sitting but probably there is a bias involved there, for both of us.

VOTE: CaskOfAmontillado

I did a quick search of Ktx and did not find the same D1 wagon fondness in other games, direct meta someone?

I'm waiting for a knowledge bomb from Medea and Cabd in particular.
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

In post 158, Policy Vote wrote:Krystal, what do you think about tiershift?

*Shrugs, then holds her hand palm-down and banks it from side to side.*
*Points at PurloinedLetter's mouth. Touches left arm to right shoulder, and reaches into the hoop with her right forearm. Holding this position, she moves her hand around randomly, grasping at nothing. When she removes her right hand from the cavity, it is with an open palm, and she makes an effort to show you this. She shrugs.*
In post 161, Bookitty wrote:I think Krystal was complaining of Cask of Amontillado's lack of substance

*Nods heartily.*
In post 161, Bookitty wrote:she can only talk to or about certain people.

*Shakes head.*
Ha͈̜͇̦͚i̭̖͕̭͍̫l̥̲̯ ̱̦͚̤P͓̦͎̳i̟̱z҉͚͈̖̖z̳͡a̶l͈̞̦̙c͖̥͔̮͓̣͎ơ̼̬͚̦̫a͇̪̹̠t̨̲ļ͈͚̼̰.̝̱̦͉
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Bookitty »

Ha! She thinks CofA is talking out of his ass! :) Right?

<3 Krystal :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Bookitty »

Sorry, Purloined Letter. I was laughing very hard and typed the wrong thing :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

I'm inclined to think those who oppose my lynch are worried about what it could be. I already summed it up in one word.

No, I refuse to be loverized, my ability is lynch-only, and I personally feel the sooner its used the better. I decided to claim d1 in case I was night-killed somehow. I didn't want it going to waste.

My opening game is always sarcastic and always gets picked at by players hoping to score watered down towncred. Its like pest bait and it always works.
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I believe you, Lynx.

Consider my vote functionally on you; I don't know exactly how many votes you have at the moment, and I don't want to cut off discussion this early in the day.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by BRantz »

Catching up tonight. Will have a post in the next few hours or tomorrow morning.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 39, copper223 wrote:Lynx does seem pretty scummy though, did you roll Jester m'boy?

^this is why I'm voting copper. This is a hop onto the wagon that is serious with no good reasoning behind it.
In post 94, copper223 wrote:He starts with: it's not OMGUS I promise (???), then an aTe about please stop voting me, then he hints PR with you will regret this and finally he avoids answering questions with random conments: I'm following the flow, he then went further with the PR hints.

He is either a very awkward scum player or something else is going on.

^His reasoning behind it when asked about his comment

It all seems forced and fake and after looking into copper, it's pretty easy to see where
In post 145, Kthxbye wrote:VOTE: copper

comes from.

Also, he's avoiding me and my vote like the plague to avoid an OMGUS.

Oh and this:
In post 182, copper223 wrote:I did a quick search of Ktx and did not find the same D1 wagon fondness in other games, direct meta someone?

is straight up false. A quick search should have revealed my hate/disinterest in D1's (and more often than not D2's) and my flippant voting on such days.

Unless it's a strong town read of mine, I give 2 shits who get's lynched today.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

We look forward to it, BRantz.

Once we're ready to lynch I'll consider everyone's opinions and we'll decide who votes.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

Still refusing to believe it can possibly be good enough for this to be worth it.

Please just fullclaim so we can decide as a group.

-Ceph
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

I will when the time comes. Besides, I've stated what it is already.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by BRantz »

FtL wanting a sample role seems strange.

Krystal post restriction?

Lynx seems to be somewhat intentionally antagonizing Policy Lynch, but I get more of a town vs town feel from their argument than scum vs town.

Don't like the talk about Lynx being a Jester.

I really like the points Policy makes in post .

I think maybe Lynx has a post restriction too? He doesn't, he confirms this later on by posting normally.

Why is PurloinedLetter a different color in vote counts?

Not sure I like Kthx both saying they think Krystal's post restriction is real, and asking her to prove it all in the same post .

I like coppers . Don't know why he didn't say it the first time instead of Jester speculation.

Really don't like FTL's role fishing in . Nor do I like .

I am almost certain Policy Lynch is town after post .

I have no idea how to feel about Lynx.

Also really like Bookitty for town.

I think Krystal actually has a restriction.

clears up Purloined being grey in vote counts. I think the explanation as well as the nature of it leans toward them being town.

Really like post by FTL. It mirrors a lot of my own thoughts on kthx so far.

Whats the deal with egoposting?

Reads:
Town:
PurloinedLetter
Policy Lynch
LynxKuroneko
BooKitty

Nulltown:
FasterthanLight
Catastrophe (I really like most of their reads list, and their posting on this page)
Krystal Bald

Null:
Copper223 (things on both sides here for me)
Ghatokaca (I'm not really one to talk but where are they?)
Medea the Alien

Scum:
Kthxbye
CaskofAmontillado

VOTE: Kthxbye
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Brantz, you say it feels like town vs town regarding me then that you don't how you feel about me. Do you mean my lynch request?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by copper223 »

@Ktx
This is a horror show

In post 189, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 39, copper223 wrote:Lynx does seem pretty scummy though, did you roll Jester m'boy?

^this is why I'm voting copper. This is a hop onto the wagon that is serious with no good reasoning behind it.

How is asking someone if he is trying to get himself lynched hopping on a wagon? In fact as jester I would not want to lynch him :roll:

In post 94, copper223 wrote:He starts with: it's not OMGUS I promise (???), then an aTe about please stop voting me, then he hints PR with you will regret this and finally he avoids answering questions with random conments: I'm following the flow, he then went further with the PR hints.

He is either a very awkward scum player or something else is going on.

^His reasoning behind it when asked about his comment

It all seems forced and fake and after looking into copper, it's pretty easy to see where
In post 145, Kthxbye wrote:VOTE: copper

comes from.

Also, he's avoiding me and my vote like the plague to avoid an OMGUS.

What seems forced, I call bullshit on this, did you retroactively have to find a reason for why you voted?

Yeeees I totally tried to avoid voting you out of fear of people accusing me of OMGUS, I have played with TTH, the other player that voted for me first and which I recently just voted myself, and that 1v1 she went on where it seemed that her main focus was to make me look bad instead of trying to understand my alignment and now not answering this while being active elsewhere kind of reminds me of that SK game with nero I watched a week ago, in the mean time I said I was waiting for your explaination before commenting on your votes, adding that likely there is one and maybe two scum between you, and your answer is plain terrible, so VI or scum is my read on you.

Oh and this:
In post 182, copper223 wrote:I did a quick search of Ktx and did not find the same D1 wagon fondness in other games, direct meta someone?

is straight up false. A quick search should have revealed my hate/disinterest in D1's (and more often than not D2's) and my flippant voting on such days.
Unless it's a strong town read of mine, I give 2 shits who get's lynched today.

I checked for wagon hopping by going through the mod vote counts in 2/3 of your early D1 town games and nowhere is the same behavior (join the biggest wagon) evident, if that's your D1 play in general it's pretty bad.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:12 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Lynx probably town. Not gonna vote or advocate lynch until full claimed, though.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:14 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Going to need more than that out of you, Ghatokaca. Any opinions on... anything else? Considering I'm nearly full-claimed and promised to finalize sooner than later, I'm sure you have other things to say.
Catastrophe
Catastrophe
Goon
Catastrophe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm trying to decide whether I'm townreading Brantz or not for basically having my reads bar Medea.
Catastrophe
Catastrophe
Goon
Catastrophe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Catastrophe »

And yes, that was TSO.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”