Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:34 am

Post by davesaz »

If you want to look at two players together, a similar function can be found at the bottom of the page. Use the "display posts by user" pulldown to select player 1, then hit the [+] and you'll get another pulldown to select player 2.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:48 am

Post by eyestott »

In post 76, davesaz wrote:If you want to look at two players together, a similar function can be found at the bottom of the page. Use the "display posts by user" pulldown to select player 1, then hit the [+] and you'll get another pulldown to select player 2.

What.
Thank you.
So much
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 72, dodgy56 wrote:i see where youre coming from but run me through why its scummy? being a hypocrite doesnt make someone scum. unfortunately in my experience townies do it too (often not on purpose)

Ehh... I don't think this is really a hypocrisy vote, but I can see why you interpret it as such. There are two reasons why I said "I'm liking my vote more now";
1. His opposition to "trying hard" seems like an anti-scumhunting attitude which I dislike. I think "trying hard" is how games get out of RVS and an essential part of the early game.
2. His specific issue with my vote for him is weird because I'm one of several people "trying hard". There are several others, yet I'm the one that beast is voting right now and I can't help but wonder if his vote is self-defense rather than the reasoning he gave. His vote for me doesn't seem like a genuine town reaction.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

davesaz, what do you think of mastin's vote for you?
-Wickedestjr
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:20 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

VOTE: Mastin

Will catch up later tonight.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Heartless »

copper, you ever played w/ mastin scum before?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Heartless »

nvr mind you answered that

In post 35, copper223 wrote:
In post 30, Wickedestjr wrote:copper, have you played with mastin before?

Nope, I have read some of her guides.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 75, copper223 wrote:Why is "try harding" a scumtell?

well
there's that you're using 1-sided meta to plop down a read on gooey null-ness
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Heartless »

eyestott's another good vote
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:39 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Meh, nothing to catch up on.

Heartless, elaborate on eyestott?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 78, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 72, dodgy56 wrote:i see where youre coming from but run me through why its scummy? being a hypocrite doesnt make someone scum. unfortunately in my experience townies do it too (often not on purpose)

Ehh... I don't think this is really a hypocrisy vote, but I can see why you interpret it as such. There are two reasons why I said "I'm liking my vote more now";
1. His opposition to "trying hard" seems like an anti-scumhunting attitude which I dislike. I think "trying hard" is how games get out of RVS and an essential part of the early game.
2. His specific issue with my vote for him is weird because I'm one of several people "trying hard". There are several others, yet I'm the one that beast is voting right now and I can't help but wonder if his vote is self-defense rather than the reasoning he gave. His vote for me doesn't seem like a genuine town reaction.

ah ok,

thank you for clarifying.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 84, Heartless wrote:eyestott's another good vote

why?
if you are going to say someone is worth a vote you need to convince us of it
killapenwin
killapenwin
Goon
killapenwin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by killapenwin »

In post 67, eyestott wrote:
In post 54, killapenwin wrote:I see we have all just descended into throwing out random votes with no explanation, I was just about to vote on dodgy and with the same reasoning but that damn vettrock beat me to it. Either that or he is playing Jedi mind tricks on me, which would be rather devious of him. I am watching you little green dwarf.

So youre criticizing people for giving a lack of explanation in RVS, then say you were just about to vote dodgy for the same reasoning someone else gave?
VOTE: Killapenwin.

@eyestott: You mean me pointing out what everyone is doing and then saying I not going to because someone already posted the thing I was going to say to join in with the random voting?

You seem pretty quick to throw a vote on me without even questioning me first, I see that as more scummy than town.

I am not sure if people even know what a haiku is and at this stage of the game I don't think anyone is going to have a strong read on Tean's alignment after 2 posts. So no, I do not know if Tean is scum or not but similarly to Eyestott I wouldn't look favourably on Tean's were to continue his vote on me simply for his lack of reasoning.

Clearly any attempt at banter I have tried to make has failed miserably so I will just be serious from now on.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 79, Wickedestjr wrote:davesaz, what do you think of mastin's vote for you?

She said she was serious, but about what I can't guess.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

This:
In post 9, mastin2 wrote:Yo.

Didn't bother to look at how many scum there are in the game (presumably, three), but copper and BlueBloodedToffee are either both town or both scum. (Lean the former.)

Aninenim is town.

One of Wicked/dave is scum, but not both. I lean dave.

Oh.
And I am totally /ready.

In post 11, mastin2 wrote:Who said I was joking?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Did you not notice that?
-Wickedestjr
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

for what its worth i have played with eyestott over at another site playdip. i think only 1 game though. However, i am kinda curious abotu his early interaction with me. it was helpful but it also kinda came across as buddying. and i can see why eyestott as scum might think he could get me onside by buddying me early. killapenwin may also have a point in his above post regarding eyestott's vote on him. definitely someone i will keep a closer eye on.
Tean Samargo
Tean Samargo
Townie
Tean Samargo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Tean Samargo »

Seeing that penwin is humbly requesting for reasons upon why I voted his sorry ding dong, I will be glad to oblige.

Originally I simply voted the penguins as an RVS. No harm no fowl. Just seeing if I can net some sort of reaction, and reaction is what he gave.

The pengling thusly replies with a post claiming that because I voted him, I am scum. An odd claim, seeing that he fails to even place a vote on my head. Why, may I ask would you not vote for someone after clearly stating that they are scum?

The plot thickens when Stott adds his votes and calls out these problems. Pengdong replies saying that Stott's vote is scummy aswell, and without good reason. Now there are at least two people that Pengin is calling scummy and yet he still is hesitant to vote for either one of them.

I believe his actions so far centers around himself. He is being super defensive, and not once has he even tried to scum hunt. To reinforce this idea please look at his posts:

Post #54: Odd post commenting on RVS. The diction of this posts (particularly of the word 'decending') suggests that he frowns upon RVS. Yet he follows it up by saying he wanted to RVS someone else, but someone beat him to it. Besides the hypocritical content, he is also saying that he is hesitant to place a vote on top of another's. This is suggesting that he didn't really want to draw too much attention (which, looking at the votes against him, pretty much backfired).

Post #56: His first scum read. Coincidentally it's a read on someone who voted against him.

Post #88: His second scum read. Again, it's a read on someone who voted against him.

These posts clearly state that penguin is focus on the defensive and has not once scum hunted. Definitely not townie behaviour. I'm going to take off my gloves and say this is pretty dang scummy.

Another interesting thing to note is that he has more of a problem with the RVS votes against him rather than the one on the others. He calls me and Stott scummy for 'RVS voting' against him, yet what about Aneninen? What about the rest of the people who RVSed? It is a coincidence that he is only calling out the people who voted against him? I think not.

To me, it seems his play so far is "everyone who calls me scummy is scum."

Because of the reasons stated above, I think the Penguin is scummy
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

ok im going to get the ball started here. i havent played in this set up before. what are peoples thoughts on the mechanics of this game? or how are you planning on approaching this game?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 94, dodgy56 wrote:ok im going to get the ball started here. i havent played in this set up before. what are peoples thoughts on the mechanics of this game? or how are you planning on approaching this game?

I haven't played this setup before either. Seems to be a lot of variation. I'm just going to focus on scum hunting for now. After the first night, we will either have some power roles that find us some information, or we won't. If we don't have the power roles, that means there is less scum, if we do, it should be easier to find them. I don't think it pays to speculate at this point on the setup and play beyond that.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 91, Wickedestjr wrote:Did you not notice that?

It's utter nonsense. Devoid of meaningful content. Or not serious. I'm not sure which yet.
Tean Samargo
Tean Samargo
Townie
Tean Samargo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Tean Samargo »

In post 95, vettrock wrote:
In post 94, dodgy56 wrote:ok im going to get the ball started here. i havent played in this set up before. what are peoples thoughts on the mechanics of this game? or how are you planning on approaching this game?

I haven't played this setup before either. Seems to be a lot of variation. I'm just going to focus on scum hunting for now. After the first night, we will either have some power roles that find us some information, or we won't. If we don't have the power roles, that means there is less scum, if we do, it should be easier to find them. I don't think it pays to speculate at this point on the setup and play beyond that.

So are you planning on scumhunting soon then? I dont really consider what you've done so far as scumhunting even though you're "focusing on it".
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 68, Wickedestjr wrote:
I'm liking my vote more now.

This terminology sounds familiar, but can't put my finger on who says it a lot.
It gives off a faint odor of scum.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

<bump to put VC at top of next page>

Return to “Completed Open Games”