League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38525 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

Do you have all the legacy skins? Maybe you can get one that way?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #38526 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Klazam »

:(

Chat restriction means no skin for me
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #38527 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by zoraster »

did you get it yourself or did someone else boost you to it?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38528 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Klazam »

myself
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38529 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Klazam »

not sure why exactly but well, its nbd
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38530 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I got a warning once after I was in a game with a premade 4.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38531 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Wow LoL is creating their own network...
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #38532 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by quadz08 »

?
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #38533 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #38534 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:19 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

In post 38525, Iecerint wrote:Do you have all the legacy skins? Maybe you can get one that way?
I do. People in general can't mystery gift me/
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38535 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:50 am

Post by JasonWazza »

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends ... b=overview

So i want a rough idea of what i could do to prevent something like this from happening so a rough overview.

Sona DC'd after her first death for a good 5-10 minutes.
Nunu managed a roam mid from bot cause Cait didn't MIA and i was slightly slow to try and help morde (which is his death and i'm aware i could have been there sooner)
The triple for jinx (bleh) was because rengar got the jump on me waiting to gank, once Rengar has mobis is there any reliable way to know before he gets to you that his coming? >.>
By this point Jinx is just blatantly fed (6 kills and a few assists by 10 minutes) and apparently our Nasus couldn't listen to pings to get jinx and me and morde seemed to be the only two with focus (by this time bot lane was just trolling)

So is this just one that i accept and just take or is there actually things i could do here?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #38536 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:23 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Probably not. You could attempt to set up vision and go for picks, but since you had an akali on the opposite team as well, you can't really build full armor either, although finishing SV and not just stick with cowl and build another armor item (thormail/randuins) might have been better. It wouldn't help though because Morde's build is absolute shit, and Nasus can't reach their backline easily so Jinx has free play.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38537 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:03 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 38536, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Probably not. You could attempt to set up vision and go for picks, but since you had an akali on the opposite team as well, you can't really build full armor either, although finishing SV and not just stick with cowl and build another armor item (thormail/randuins) might have been better. It wouldn't help though because Morde's build is absolute shit, and Nasus can't reach their backline easily so Jinx has free play.

Nasus had plenty of chances to reach jinx, he decided to turn onto the 1k health nunu support while i was pinging jinx like mad.

And i just looked at morde's build, just what the fuck? >.>

EDIT: Also not sure if this was asked/addressed, does anyone know the start date for Season 5?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38538 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:58 am

Post by MrZepher »

They're creating their own internet superhighway that basically exists solely for videogames.

Background: Video games are stupid low maintenance in terms of data amount; the issue becomes the absolutely massive amount of people trying to access and communicate the same information. The issue lately is that people think that the ping issues = not enough servers when in reality there's more than enough room for the data, it's just that there's not enough bandwidth for the data to move around efficiently (mostly because the information has to travel through a bunch of ISPs that are optimized for high data/low bandwidth and not the other way around).

currently the way league's (and most video games) data has to move around is
user> ISP> asdfkjahsdf> Riot servers> adkljfalkdf> end ISP> end user
the further away the end user is, the more stuff in the kjlnadlkfakdf. This is why east coasters have such horrible ping; the data has to go through more pit stops.

What Riot is attempting to do is, at the very least, cut out the asdflkadk so the data moves as quickly as possible from point A to point B.
I think the current plan allows them to also bypass ISPs but idk if I'm understanding that correctly. I know that these super highways will be optimized for High bandwidth/Low data to support as many users as possible.

The awesome part is that since video games use such little amounts of data, other video games will be able to use these same super highways (most likely at cost but w/e).

The reason why this is a big deal is because no other video game does this, or has even attempted this because it's so ridiculously expensive that literally only Riot can afford to sink so much money into trying.
There's infrastructure in place in a good handful of major cities in the US.

also hi. just popping in to see what discussion is happening to see if I can contribute anything useful.
i've learned quite a lot actually.
or something like that....
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38539 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:48 am

Post by MrZepher »

@Jasonwazza

So starting from your build:
- it's currently better to build a Randuins over a Sunfire cape. Randuins scales better (since it actually scales lol) and the pieces do more for you as you build them. It would do better for your ability to help yourself and your team stay on targets because of the active that also benefits Nasus and Morde that don't have point movement abilities. The warden's mail passive is also most beneficial vs double ad carries w/ nunu buff. You should only really look at a sunfire if you need the lane pushing power and you can't use Hydra (read: you're playing shen).
- Since Nasus was building full tank items you could have afforded to go Warrior enchantment on your trailblazer and have a real damage item, that way you could back up your defensive items to dive a little more reliably.
- Since Vi doesn't have a lot of innate sustain outside of her passive (in the jungle and in fights) you would have been better off with a Banshees instead of the SV.
Other than that the general idea you had didn't seem to be too bad. The worst thing in your team comp is the lack of peel for your carry because you had a sona and 0 utility midlaner.

Mordekaiser just built to not get 100>0'd every fight but idk how well that worked out for him.
If Nasus was changing targets then it probably was too difficult for him to try to dive the jinx for whatever reason (frustration leads to changes in prioritization)
In any case, because Jinx is the most immobile on their team and you can directly try to dive via point and click you should have been the one to kill her. That combined with above mentioned changes in build path would have helped your team a ton since they wouldn't have had a super-right-clicker w/ blood boil off the field and their teamfight would have broke down from there.

Sometimes you just can't organize your team enough, especially if they're tilted. Caitlyn/Sona is just a bad combo, especially with a Rengar and Akali dive comp so most likely that game was going to be difficult no matter what just from the results of draft. That happens sometimes.

Also if you're planning on going full tank, build a sightstone and help get deep vision. You're obviously going to be be providing more utility than damage in fights anyways so it's better to make that decision earlier and build a sightstone second before you enchant your smite. That'll help your lanes deal with the Rengar and Akali roams. It's your job to keep track of the enemy jungler anyways.

edit: If I were you, I would have gone on the hyper offensive with a 21/9/0 setup during draft, gone stalkers>sightstone>warrior to outgank the rengar early and camped the fuck out of botlane and used that pressure to starve out the jungler and use the fact that Morde can hyper shove mid to keep dragon pressure (ward his sides if he doesn't because solo queue). Idk how well your Nasus did on his own but Nasus only needed to go even tbh which is completely within the realm of a Nasus even vs a ranged matchup. Since Jinx/Nunu has very little in terms of escapability (you have Q, Flash and Ult and they can't do a whole terrible lot about it) that would have been the easiest lane to gank for, even if you have to dive them under turret (once you hit 6 at least).
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #38540 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:29 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 38527, zoraster wrote:did you get it yourself or did someone else boost you to it?

For the record, I've never been banned or chat restricted and at one point I had a teamwork badge.

Rude guy zoraster.

It's nice to see Zepher goodposting cause at least someone is.

Also what about cases where you are building an Abyssal? Is sunfire Fire cape still not worth it? I still do this quite a bit on Malphite/amumu, but tbh I have no idea if that's efficient or not.

Idk man. I think the best way to stop a jinx from running all over you is just always camp bot lane,
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:29 am

Post by MrZepher »

Sunfire cape is the DPS defensive chain vest item like Abyssal is the DPS defensive negatron item. Both build into GA.

I guess that it's not bad in that instance? imo Frozen Heart would be a better item at that point since Malphite doesn't have waveclear issues and FH gives you the mana to do it.
Sunfire is a good midgame item (decent hp/armor/DoT) but the passive doesn't scale into 35-40 minute games well enough to be core on anyone other than ap health scalers like Shen or Zac. It's why you don't see it on Renekton anymore.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Iecerint »

I have never built a sunfire cape in my life.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38543 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:52 am

Post by MrZepher »

good for you
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #38544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Cabd »

I'll build it sometimes but I always have to remind myself it's active when walking through the jungle, lest i low health aggro gromp or the new wraiths. ONLY ONCE
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 38543, MrZepher wrote:good for you

Rawr.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #38546 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:07 am

Post by zoraster »

I played with it for a few games and was so confused how i was picking up turret aggro.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #38547 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by FakeGod »

SQUIRE

BRING ME MY CAPE OF SUN
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #38548 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 38547, FakeGod wrote:SQUIRE

BRING ME MY CAPE OF SUN
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38549 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I always imagined sunfire would be more fun if it had an active instead of a passive and on activation you just bursted into a swirling vortex of firey death

but that's just me

Return to “The Arcade”