Mini 1633 ~ Non-normal Mafias Mafia OVER!!!

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I see most of what you're saying as bad play over scum play. Except maybe the policy lynches
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 649, Paschendale wrote:
In post 619, Om of the Nom wrote:i said provide examples and you have failed to do so
as far as im concerned you are pulling things out of ur ass

You demanded examples of you not doing things. Do you realize that this is insane? Honestly, I don't care what you say. I have no interest in what you think of why I know that you're scum. I don't need your approval to show your alignment to everyone else. I don't know why anyone cares about your whining and yelling about it. Your "defense" has been little more than saying "nuh uh!"

So listen up everyone else, Om is going to lie in her defense. There is no doubt of that. If you, who might actually be town and legitimately interested in scumhunting, have questions about why I think she's scum, go ahead. I'd be happy to answer actual questions. But her questions aren't questions. They're stall tactics and attempts at deflection. We all saw her barreling ahead to get lynches in as fast as possible. She said NOTHING about holding off or not going ahead with these lynches until she was called out on it. The caution she claims to have had wasn't there. She isn't pushing lynches based on actual content. She is avoiding that at all costs. She's spent a week pushing what essentially amounts to policy lynches. Apparently, she townreads EVERYONE WHO IS POSTING (except me because I'm going after her). Seriously? That's complete bullshit. She's scum. She was trying to play it safe. And then she doubled down too hard on her scum tactics.

Question: do you feel that pushing for policy lynches is innately scummy? Please give me more than a 'yes' or 'no' to this question; I need to see the thought process.

I do agree you cannot arguably prove a negative, that's why they call it a fucking negative. Can you give a point of reference for the dumb kids in the back of the class (ie, me) that demonstrate the behaviors we're listing off?

In post 650, Flubbernugget wrote:I see most of what you're saying as bad play over scum play. Except maybe the policy lynches

Same question as to Pasch: do you see that as inherently scummy?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:36 am

Post by tn5421 »

Dear Lord, Titus is in the house.

The ika vs titus argument feels a bit forced to me, from both sides, although I'm looking more at ika here than Titus.

@Titus: would you mind detailing for me why you prefer to sheep paschendale, particularly against om (I swear I'm going to call him ohmbreaker by accident if you keep calling him ohm)

@ghostlin: pushing policy lynches is not in and of itself a bad thing, but there is a time and place for everything. Namely, I feel players should try to lynch their strong scumreads. Most of the current argument is about whether om is ignoring scumreads to push policy lynches, and the titus vs ika argument has a similar basis.
WIP
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 650, Flubbernugget wrote:I see most of what you're saying as bad play over scum play. Except maybe the policy lynches

I've played with Om a few times before. Bad play would be surprising from her. It looks deliberate to me.

In post 651, Ghostlin wrote:Question: do you feel that pushing for policy lynches is innately scummy? Please give me more than a 'yes' or 'no' to this question; I need to see the thought process.

No. I see pushing for policy lynches so steadfastly in this circumstance to be scummy. I see a complete refusal to analyze and examine content to be scummy. I see the move to push lynches that are based on policy as a pro-scum tactic, since it results in less information the next day. You can't really analyze a wagon if it's based on policy. Anyone who simply said "yes, that's good policy" could be scum taking advantage of a policy lynch on someone they know isn't their ally. And it is not simply the advocacy of a policy lynch that has made me think that Om is scum. It is the advocacy for several in a row and the refusal to start analyzing content that has. We're on page 27. We should have more than enough content to find an actual scum. Do we take a risk because all the scum might just be lurking? Yes. Should we forgo all of our usual scumhunting because of this risk? Hell no. But that is what Om is asking us to do. That is a move that absolutely hurts town and helps scum.

I do agree you cannot arguably prove a negative, that's why they call it a fucking negative. Can you give a point of reference for the dumb kids in the back of the class (ie, me) that demonstrate the behaviors we're listing off?

I'm not even really sure how to do this. One of the "arguments" she made was that she wasn't really trying to get a lynch to happen to end the day so quickly. There is no evidence of a timetable at all. She never addressed this. She simply advocated that people vote for a few specific people. What she is asking us to believe is that she would somehow have put a stop to the whole thing if it neared a lynch quickly. I see no reason to make this assumption on her behalf. When she finally did address this issue (when someone else brought it up), it was too little too late. Had more people gone along with her, we'd be in day 2 already with a quick lurker lynch. She can claim what her intent was all she likes, but that is the result that her actions would lead to.

I'm not sure what to give as a "point of reference" for this. There is no specific post addressing this. This is the sum total of many posts and the pace and tone she adopted throughout them in her attempts to push her lynches. She wanted no discussion, she wanted no analysis. She just wanted votes, and she gave every impression that she wanted them right now.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:31 am

Post by tn5421 »

You say that you've got a fine read on om implying that he is trying to rush lynches through. Would you mind quoting a post or two of what you feel are the most overt examples and walk us through how you arrived at scum!om?

Furthermore, could you explain how removing a lurker from the game can in any way considered to be a loss? It removes a negative utility player from the game, something that scum will NEVER do intentionally. I would honestly say the situation since hasn't changed much. How long are we going to run around in circles before eventually deciding to lynch the most prolific lurker, anyway? Not that I'm against argument, but this one does not seem like it will be productive any time soon. We've established that you disagree about what sort of things to do on day one and that you feel anyone using a d1 theory that you aren't is your top scumread because Fucking Moon Logic. I would even say that pasch/om is doing more to slow down the game than the recent holiday season did.
WIP
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 642, Randomnamechange wrote:So fat,
mathdino is town
Flubbererer is town
Om is town
Ika is town
Eyestott aint
VOTE: eyestott

i am so happy to see i wasnt wrong in townreading sonic

also my play this game is bad???
idk i thought it was pretty good i feel super insulted right now
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

pasch started his tirade by not agreeing with me on zombeh-scum
and somewhere down the line he turned it into zombeh=policy lynch
when i was clearly advocating zombeh as a scum lynch, with still some utility even if town bc got rid of a questionable player
now that titus is here and producing a lot of controversy in the thread and sparking action a lynch on that slot is less effective

with all the people posting now a lynch on an active slot wouldnt be damning
but at the time when i made the zombeh argument only about 5 people were regularly posting
and i dont understand why pasch was forcing himself to choose scum out of those 5 people
and i also dont understand why he thinks im not analyzing content
ive been scumhunting the whole game
i just got a little lazy as of late because everyone is taking care of this fight for me
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

pasch started his tirade by not agreeing with me on zombeh-scum
when i was clearly advocating zombeh as a scum lynch, with still some utility even if town bc got rid of a questionable player
now that titus is here and producing a lot of controversy in the thread and sparking action a lynch on that slot is less effective

but at the time when i made the zombeh argument only about 5 people were regularly posting
and i dont understand why pasch was forcing himself to choose scum out of those 5 people
i just got a little lazy as of late because everyone is taking care of this fight for me

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 638, Titus wrote:Why do you think Om is not active? He is to me.

The Om focus is to generate conflict and force people to take sides and make reads easier. I could have focused on anyone but getting details from Pasch helps me read both.

Why do you not want to discuss Om? What is your read on him?

i want you to discuss me too
dont think that because you brought the conflict to its highest point you get to skate on by without anything other than a sheep

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

i think this argument would have more basis if its about how ive been getting increasingly arrogant and comfortable with my position in the town
because that is whats happenign right now

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by ika »

In post 652, tn5421 wrote:The ika vs titus argument feels a bit forced to me, from both sides, although I'm looking more at ika here than Titus.

are you saying that my furstation that titus relace in this game now is fake?

(hint your answer bette be no)
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by tn5421 »

I'm saying that it could be.
WIP
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Titus »

@TN, The argument isn't forced. I just don't get what his problem is.

As for why sheeping, I cannot help but read the page I say hello on. It happens. Without context, Om looked bad. Plus a calm and reserved player like Paschendale generally does not tunnel like that. So sheeping would at least get me reads and see how everyone else felt. It gets us away ftom policy and towards discussion.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

ok so
that does nothing to what i asked you to do
basing your read on me entirely on pasch's actions is a surefire way to get the read wrong, especially when he's tunneling, therefore super convinced that im scum

give me your own reasons for calling me scum
you said you are caught up there has to be more otherwise you shouldnt be on the wagon

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

i mean the only opinion you have given right now is a sheep
you havent given opinions on anyone else in the game
in fact you havent even given an opinion on pasch
the argument shouldnt just be about my alignment and play
it goes deeper than that

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by Titus »

It's not a total sheep. Like I said, your posting on the last page felt off and it generates very helpful interactions.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

and
that says nothing
about why
i know you felt it was off
but why??????

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

also you admitted yourself that it was entirely out of context
and you have done zero to remedy that

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

VOTE COUNT 1.11
Om of the Nom (3) ~ FuDuzn Paschendale titus
tn5421 (0) ~
MTD (0) ~
ika (0) ~
Ghostlin (1) ~ Flubbernugget,
randomidget (1) ~ , Mathdino,
Mathdino (4) ~ ika, Om of the Nom, eyestott, Ghostlin (l-3)

Flubbernugget (0) ~
FourTrouble (0) ~
FuDuzn (1) ~ , FourTrouble
Paschendale (0) ~
eyestott (0) ~ randomidget
titus (0) ~ ,
It takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is: 17:00 (CST) Monday, January 19, 2015

Not Voting (2): MTD | tn5421

IKA. Keep it civil. That goes to you titus. Also everyone.
after a wank.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

mathdino is town
Flubbererer is town
Om is town
Ika is town
Eyestott aint

Please explain. I'm like 99% certain eye is town.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Titus is stupid but town.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

ika's hard to read, and I don't have a good sense of his meta, so I'm not sure about him yet.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 670, FourTrouble wrote:Titus is stupid but town.

rlly not sure on that tho
cn u explain

Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 654, tn5421 wrote:You say that you've got a fine read on om implying that he is trying to rush lynches through. Would you mind quoting a post or two of what you feel are the most overt examples and walk us through how you arrived at scum!om?

No, I'm not pouncing on individual posts. I'm discussing what they add up to.

Furthermore, could you explain how removing a lurker from the game can in any way considered to be a loss? It removes a negative utility player from the game, something that scum will NEVER do intentionally. I would honestly say the situation since hasn't changed much. How long are we going to run around in circles before eventually deciding to lynch the most prolific lurker, anyway? Not that I'm against argument, but this one does not seem like it will be productive any time soon. We've established that you disagree about what sort of things to do on day one and that you feel anyone using a d1 theory that you aren't is your top scumread because Fucking Moon Logic. I would even say that pasch/om is doing more to slow down the game than the recent holiday season did.

I see, so you don't actually want to lynch a scum today. We have thirteen players in this game. Maybe four qualify as lurking. Why would we limit ourselves to a random guess out of four people, of whom we don't have any reason to suspect that any are scum at all? Why shouldn't we deal with the players that we can actually make informed judgments about? Of course, to you, that's "fucking moon logic".

I also disagree with the idea that scum don't push lurker lynches. I've seen it before. And for the reasons I've given. It's a safe push. It's a way to push a mislynch without creating content, and it's a way to get some towncred out of the less discerning players. That's why scum talk policy on day one, so they can avoid talking about the important things.

In post 656, Om of the Nom wrote:pasch started his tirade by not agreeing with me on zombeh-scum

Why is no one else calling Om out on the obviousness of the lie above? That there was any reason to call Zombeh scum? Seriously? That's complete nonsense. That was 100% policy no matter how you dress it up. And the biggest lie... that the players who are active at one moment will always have that activity. She assumes that those who weren't active when she decided to kill a lurker would always be inactive, and seems to think that I think the same thing. I stopped her push for a quick lynch on a lurker because I knew that people would start showing up. And they have. But all Om can do is keep reinforcing this lie.

In post 662, Titus wrote:As for why sheeping, I cannot help but read the page I say hello on. It happens. Without context, Om looked bad. Plus a calm and reserved player like Paschendale generally does not tunnel like that. So sheeping would at least get me reads and see how everyone else felt. It gets us away ftom policy and towards discussion.

I wouldn't call it a tunnel. But Om is stepping so far out of line that I can't let it go.

In post 669, FourTrouble wrote:Please explain. I'm like 99% certain eye is town.

The more I look at it, that post from Midget looked more like looking for allies than actual reads.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

mathdino is town
Flubbererer is town
Om is town
Ika is town
Eyestott aint

Context would be nice. Considering the slot you replaced.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”