Mini 1630: Edgar Allan Poe uPick GAME OVER!

CaskOfAmontillado
CaskOfAmontillado
Goon
CaskOfAmontillado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:12 am

Post by CaskOfAmontillado »

I'm around and I'll have a post tonight. Please feel free to vote me or whatever to make time move faster.

-sthar8
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:30 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Cask, I'm assuming you haven't read up if you're telling people to vote you. Tsk. We're not letting D1 end any time soon.
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:37 am

Post by BRantz »

@ Purloined: Reasons I find CofA scummy:

: Makes a comment about the agrument going on with lynx while avoiding giving any oppinions of their own about it.
: Asks others for reasons, still avoiding talking directly about it.
: Useless speculation, as well as a threat. Still hasn't given any opinions on anything going on in the game, except to disagree about post restriction within the hydra.
: Tries to avoid responsiblity for RVS posts by saying they were drunk.
: More useless speculation. Still hasn't given any of their own thoughts.
: Misreps what happened with Krystal's first post.

In summary they had done a lot of useless speculation while commenting/giving oppinions on nothing that is relevant to the game so far.

That being said I like from CofA. First thoughts they give in the game.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:39 am

Post by BRantz »

@Copper: Why can't you talk about what you disagree with before CoA shows back up?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:22 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 227, BRantz wrote:In summary they had done a lot of useless speculation while commenting/giving oppinions on nothing that is relevant to the game so far.

I'm voting copper for his push on Lynx. You really can't tell what my opinion on Lynx is?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 am

Post by copper223 »

@TTH
You still think my opinion of Lynx was scum indicative?

How do you feel about the readlists?
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Medea the Alien »

Home, here, reading up. (side note: never fly in or out of o'hare if you value your sanity)
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:57 am

Post by BRantz »

That's the only thing I like from you so far CofA. I wasn't explicit enough when I mentioned post 101 as what I liked.
CaskOfAmontillado
CaskOfAmontillado
Goon
CaskOfAmontillado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm

In post 148, Krystal Bald wrote:*Holds her right thumb and pinky next to her ear and mouth respectively, speaking voicelessly. Appears frustrated while slapping her hand again and again, looking more irked with every iteration. Suddenly, with an enlightened look, she reaches to the top of her right hand and pulls up her middle finger. A look of understanding washes over her face and she passes the hand off to sthar8.*

You should try something like this:

*sthar8 sways back and forth, tapping out a rhythm on his hips with the palms of his hands against his well-toned, sexy thighs. Everyone clearly understands the beat as Morse code, and anyone can translate the sounds as, "Kindly chug my genitals until your thirst is slaked. The last time I encountered a crippling PR, it was Marquis making shit up just to be annoying (as town). I don't know you well enough to decide whether you'd do something so horrifically anti-town just to make your role more interesting, and better safe than sorry."

Can you maybe do a readslist or something?

I have a mild townread on Krystal and a stronger townread on Policy Lynch. I could lynch FTL, but I dunno if that's because I want to policy lynch them or because they're scummy. Ghato's on the shitlist until they get in gear. TTH thinks TSO is town, but I'm not square there. Why are people townreading Boo?

-sthar8
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.6

"What tho' in worlds which sightless cycles run,
Link'd to a little system, and one sun—
Where all my love is folly and the crowd
Still think my terrors but the thunder cloud,
The storm, the earthquake, and the ocean-wrath—
(Ah! will they cross me in my angrier path?)
What tho' in worlds which own a single sun
The sands of Time grow dimmer as they run,

Up rose the maiden in the yellow night,
The single-mooned eve!—on Earth we plight
Our faith to one love—and one moon adore—
The birth-place of young Beauty had no more.
As sprang that yellow star from downy hours
Up rose the maiden from her shrine of flowers,
And bent o'er sheeny mountain and dim plain
Her way—but left not yet her Therasæan reign.

copper223
(2): CaskOfAmontillado,
PurloinedLetter
, Kthxbye
Kthxbye
(2): Faster Than Light, BRantz
Catastrophe
(1): Policy Lynch
CaskOfAmontillado
(1): copper223

Not Voting
(6): Krystal Bald, LynxKuroneko, Catastrophe, Ghatokaca, Bookitty, Medea the Alien

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: January 16, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-01-15 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :][/area]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:59 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Any opinions on the Lynx situation, CoA?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:14 am

Post by copper223 »

Boo is very likely town because of this:
In post 187, Bookitty wrote:Consider my vote functionally on you; I don't know exactly how many votes you have at the moment, and I don't want to cut off discussion this early in the day.

In post 219, Bookitty wrote:We can accept that Lynx is town and lynch him anyway to get the greatest value from his after-death abilities. I lean toward this plan because I trust Lynx both to be town and to have the best idea of how his ability will work.

She did a very similar thing in Newbie 1551, this spirit of cooperation and trusting other fellow players would be very odd coming from scum, she could have done this to look like town but that would be kind of mean and she's a nice gal, so I think it's unlikely, not to mention the rest of her play, mainly the questioning of FTL about his role PM, also seems pro town.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by TierShift »

@ffery: fakespeare has let me know he doesn't want to play anymore. Please replace purloinedletter with this account.
CaskOfAmontillado
CaskOfAmontillado
Goon
CaskOfAmontillado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:52 pm

In post 235, LynxKuroneko wrote:Any opinions on the Lynx situation, CoA?

What situation? You're probably town, probably underestimating the power of your living ability, probably overestimating the power of your dead-ability. All in all, I'd rather have you around than not.

My problem with Boo is exactly the same as why copper's townreading her, minus the meta. Town should be looking at the Lynx claim and saying 'But wouldn't it be better to lynch scum?' Scum are the ones who should be thinking 'That forwards my win condition!' and withholding the vote is a great way to look helpful without actually being such.
Catastrophe
Catastrophe
Goon
Catastrophe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Catastrophe »

In post 210, Krystal Bald wrote:
In post 209, Catastrophe wrote:Krystal, you can vote can't you? And if so, can you try to explain why you haven't voted anybody yet?

*Points at herself. Forms two mouths with her two hands. She looks back and forth as the left mouth flaps its trap and the right mouth stays shut. Points at the right mouth, then at her wrist and taps her foot.*
*Points at Catastrophe. Places her right hand palm-up and waits, staring.*

Took me a bit, but I'm pretty sure I understand this one. For anybody who doesn't understand: Krystal is saying that one head of the hydra has been doing all the talking and they don't want to vote without having both people on board.

And then they're asking us why we haven't voted yet, to which I respond: We've been trying to coordinate reads too. We
mostly
agree, but I think copper looks bad while TSO had him at null I think and he felt like Medea was scummy while I have them at null.

We agree that Lynx is town and we both have Policy, FTL, Bookitty and Purloined as either town or nulltown.

I think if we were to vote right now it would be for Kthxbye, but I want to make sure TSO is cool with that before we actually do it.

My reasons for Kthxbye:

In the hydra thread, tool wrote:
-It kind of seems like Kthxbye gave out his townreads on Policy and Krystal in #67 a little
too
easily. Mostly with Krystal. So Krystal has a post restriction...that makes him totally town? To me, this kind of feels like scum who already know the alignment of the people they're reading.
-When Policy questions Kthx's townread on Krystal, Kthx responds in #85 with several small reasons. It reads to me a little bit like retroactive reasoning, especially since Kthx admits that "having a PR doesn't make one town," which is sort of contradictory to his stance in #67.
-#145 is totally weird. He's not sure about copper, then quotes a post that has nothing to do with copper and then he's convinced enough to vote copper?
-That plus the reasoning he piles on in #189 makes me think that if one of {copper, Kthxbye} is scum, the other is not.

Also, in response to this...

In post 233, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:Why are people townreading Boo?

Here are my reasons:

In the hydra thread, tool wrote:-#27 is a good question and looks like town scumhunting. Note that they followed up on the question in #122 when FTL didn't respond.
-Lots of good questions to people in several posts. Also looks like genuine scumhunting.
-The stuff about their passive, triggered ability in #136/138 also seems very town. As I said before, I don't think scum would want to reveal anything about their roles in the game. Talking vaguely about a passive power role this early in the game and then asking people not to talk about it when they realize others don't have it doesn't strike me as a set of moves scum would make unless they were very, very clever.
Catastrophe
Catastrophe
Goon
Catastrophe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Catastrophe »

--tool.
Faster Than Light
Faster Than Light
Goon
Faster Than Light
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Faster Than Light »

Dunno how to feel about Cask testing the waters on a lynch on me.

-V
This is a Hydra of Metal Sonic and Varsoon. Be prepared.
CaskOfAmontillado
CaskOfAmontillado
Goon
CaskOfAmontillado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm

I mean, if you weren't known to replace tactically I'd be less inclined to just run you up for the fun of it.

-sthar8
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Sorry, been busy with real life lately. Should have time for you all tonight or tomorrow night.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Policy Vote »

I haven't been busy with real life. I'm just being a lazy asshole.

-Ceph
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:31 am

Post by Medea the Alien »

Back from V/LA. Will catch up and begin posting tonight.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I'm trying to run an experiment with this game.

A theory I've been thinking about and in fact discussing it with people at another site:

Long D1's are actually detrimental to town because of the mass of analysis that is poured into the game D1 with low information and flips creates long and boring back and forths.

Later on, when the information is available through flips, people are likelier to be burnt out, not analyze and read as thoroughly, and "wing it." Personally I've winged decisions more closer to endgame if I've been burnt out from stress (Tales of You) than if I've held back on that energy. Think long distance race with burst of energy at the end which you would only have if you are preserving it.

Extrapolating it to games in general, my theory is that town have better win rates when D1 and potentially D2 have been low volume days. This leads to more active future days. Analysis late-game will always be higher quality than early game analysis because of more information. By limiting the size of D1 and early days, we increase the potential for town winning.

My first thoughts upon seeing this playerlist with the multitude of hydras was that it would be a spam D1. I'm pleasantly surprised that we are halfway to deadline with only ten pages so keep up the good work.

I'll be posting a list of my early reads and substantial contribution by the next few days.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by BRantz »

I really don't like that Ghato has basically said he is going to continue being a non contributor until he feels like it.
Faster Than Light
Faster Than Light
Goon
Faster Than Light
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Faster Than Light »

In post 246, Ghatokaca wrote:I'm trying to run an experiment with this game.

A theory I've been thinking about and in fact discussing it with people at another site:

Long D1's are actually detrimental to town because of the mass of analysis that is poured into the game D1 with low information and flips creates long and boring back and forths.

Later on, when the information is available through flips, people are likelier to be burnt out, not analyze and read as thoroughly, and "wing it." Personally I've winged decisions more closer to endgame if I've been burnt out from stress (Tales of You) than if I've held back on that energy. Think long distance race with burst of energy at the end which you would only have if you are preserving it.

Extrapolating it to games in general, my theory is that town have better win rates when D1 and potentially D2 have been low volume days. This leads to more active future days. Analysis late-game will always be higher quality than early game analysis because of more information. By limiting the size of D1 and early days, we increase the potential for town winning.

My first thoughts upon seeing this playerlist with the multitude of hydras was that it would be a spam D1. I'm pleasantly surprised that we are halfway to deadline with only ten pages so keep up the good work.

I'll be posting a list of my early reads and substantial contribution by the next few days.

this guy is town
This is a Hydra of Metal Sonic and Varsoon. Be prepared.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

I think its time for us to share town reads with reasons. I'll post mine tomorrow due to lack of time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”