dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 223, TellTaleHeart wrote:
We'll both be LA for the next week due to travelling.

who is we in this context?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 224, dodgy56 wrote:
so you are absent from the thread for 48 hours and when you come back this is your only contribution? a meaningless piece of drivel?

like seriously?

if you are town lift you game because at the moment you arent helping anyone. all you are doing is making it easier for scum to lurk.

How do you know I'm not scum lurking?

VOTE: Dodgy
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 225, dodgy56 wrote:

Heartless is a hydra of AntiHero and TellTaleHeart, so I assume she meant the two of them.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 226, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 224, dodgy56 wrote:
so you are absent from the thread for 48 hours and when you come back this is your only contribution? a meaningless piece of drivel?

like seriously?

if you are town lift you game because at the moment you arent helping anyone. all you are doing is making it easier for scum to lurk.

How do you know I'm not scum lurking?

VOTE: Dodgy

what? how is what i said worth a vote?

i dont know if you are scum... im beginning to feel like you are... but all i was saying is if you are town you need to lift your game?

Moreover i find it odd that as soon as i call you out you respond straight away, meaning you are paying attention to the thread. Which begs the question why arent you responding to anything actually going on in thread?

Perhaps you are scum lurking?
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 227, davesaz wrote:
In post 225, dodgy56 wrote:

Heartless is a hydra of AntiHero and TellTaleHeart, so I assume she meant the two of them.

thank you.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Heartless »

who am i whats my name what am i doing
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Tean Samargo
Tean Samargo
Townie
Tean Samargo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by Tean Samargo »

@dav
The point of my case against you dav is that you have been floating around the forum posting nearly daily and yet your strongest read is simply a 'mixed' read. While I'm not asking for a super strong 'that man is scum' read, I find it suspicious that you don't even have a weak scum read. It is as if you weren't really looking for scum until that point. That in my opinion is pretty dang scummy.

@eyestott
I find your vote on dav as rather opportunistic. I feel a little bit uncomfortable with my vote along side yours honestly. Right now it feels as if you are sheeping the biggest bandwagon.

@penguin
My post in #93 was intended to be somewhat light-hearted and be crudely humourous. The explanation for the use of 'Pengling', 'Pengdong', etc, can be found in the link I provided in post #189. Seeing that you blew things out of proportion, I felt the need to explain that.

I also felt that if I licked your post #143 I would taste the amount of salt you put into it. Please look at this and tell me that you didn't have laser beams protruding from your eyes while writing it:

In post 143, killapenwin wrote:If you feel I was being defensive then here are two reasons why:
1) The person who gets the most votes early on is usually the one who ends up lynched especially in the early stages.
2) Calling someone out for their reasoning behind a vote isn't defensive.
3) I saw a potential bandwagon forming on me.
4) I am actually of the belief that putting a lot of votes out early is bad as it makes scums life easier a) for bandwagoning, b) hiding (people focussing on votes rather than hunting)

For the less literate, I would like to point out the fact that there are more than two reasons.
This is just a small part of the salty dish you provided. I do admit that I did have a hand in this, and so I feel uncomfortable to use this post as evidence against your case.

Now about your current post:
I like the fact that the ones you think are scum are the ones who voted against you. Also your reasons are quite... Interesting.
-Do you think that 'arrogance' is a scum tell to you? Is it impossible for a townie to be 'arrogant'?
-Do you have any other reason other than "This guy is super mean to me." Some people would prefer something more logical reasoning for calling someone scum, and I am part of that little group.
-You happened to have mentioned that townies are supposed to ask questions and investigate. So far I find that you haven't done much of this yet. What is your contribution to town so far?
-I also like to point out that you ignored all the substantial things that I said in favour of calling me rude. I feel like you're going out of the way to try to make this personal.

So far the only ones I'm comfortable with calling town are Dodgy and Wicked.
-Dodgy for his inquisition and use of votes. His content so far is giving me a townie vibe.
-Wicked for that informative reads list. His questioning and observations so far are looking to me like he's actively scum hunting at this moment. He momentarily gets a town badge from me.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 156, mastin2 wrote:
Heartless:
Where are you? I want to talk some.

in the middle of fucking nowhere with people i hate
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Tean Samargo
Tean Samargo
Townie
Tean Samargo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Tean Samargo »

@copper have you played an games outside the site? Do you have any alts? I'd like to have a few links if you please.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Heartless »

GODDAMMIT
can't
get
a moment for this

bjkl;asjifpoewapomfceas
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Tean Samargo
Tean Samargo
Townie
Tean Samargo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Tean Samargo »

Mm, actually, scratch that last request.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

can anyone make sense of why BBT is voting me?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 220, davesaz wrote:@vettrock:

You've commented on the "looking town" conversation, but I don't see any comment on the wagon. Why so quiet?

Mostly because I'm undecided about the wagon. I need to do some more review/reads. I generally have a hard time with D1 as there isn't as much real information to base anything off of.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by davesaz »

You may find it helpful to ask questions, like why people are on it or off it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 231, Tean Samargo wrote:@dav
The point of my case against you dav is that you have been floating around the forum posting nearly daily and yet your strongest read is simply a 'mixed' read. While I'm not asking for a super strong 'that man is scum' read, I find it suspicious that you don't even have a weak scum read. It is as if you weren't really looking for scum until that point. That in my opinion is pretty dang scummy.

Did you actually read ? And fully understand it?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 236, dodgy56 wrote:can anyone make sense of why BBT is voting me?

This just looks like an OMGUS vote to me. Not sure what else to make of it.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 218, vettrock wrote:Someone slipping and you are waiting form them to confirm it with some other action?
Basically?

Yes.

But I can't say another word without compromising the read.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I do have another possible lead, though. Something eyestott said
may
have sparked a scumread in him (he was not the second scumread I was talking about), but I'm not sure. I'll need to double-check.

It'll have to wait, though. Getting my game up and running kinda mafiaed me out for the day. (It's really, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally exhausting to get a Large game running smoothly. Like, seriously, don't try this at home, kids. It's bad for your health. :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Apologies for the delay, everyone. I spent most of yesterday (the 7th) in the hospital after a minor car accident and did not feel like dealing with this when I finally got home at 2am.

Expect daily votecounts at around this time from now on.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.2

killapenwin (0) -
BlueBloodedToffee (0) -
eyestott (0) -
Heartless (1) - davesaz
davesaz (4) - Mastin2, Wickedestjr, Tean Samargo, eyestott
copper223 (1) - Heartless
vettrock (0) -
Aneninen (0) -
dodgy56 (1) - vettrock
Wickedestjr (1) - beastcharizard
beastcharizard (0) -
Tean Samargo (2) - killapenwin, Aneninen
mastin2 (1) - BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting: copper223, dodgy56

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

V/LA: wickedestjr (thru Jan 11th), Heartless

Day 1 deadline is Monday, January 19th at 2:00 pm PST which is in (expired on 2015-01-19 14:00:00)
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 243, Jackal711 wrote:
Apologies for the delay, everyone. I spent most of yesterday (the 7th) in the hospital after a minor car accident and did not feel like dealing with this when I finally got home at 2am.

Expect daily votecounts at around this time from now on.

No worries, mod. Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope everything is okay!

Posts coming soon.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

Wow Jackal, hope you're feeling ok.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 172, davesaz wrote:
In post 170, Wickedestjr wrote: :facepalm: Before you go insulting others, you should learn the basic unspoken rules w.r.t. claiming. How can you call someone an idiot in the same sentence that
you
give a horribly-timed claim? I don't think you were even at L-2...

I don't get to let the angry out often enough, so once in a while I like to blow off steam. :eek:

Even so, I don’t see why the comment required a claim.

In post 179, davesaz wrote:
In post 151, Wickedestjr wrote:
If you really thought this was a reaction test, why would you point that out? I think a reaction test is ruined if the test subjects know it's a reaction test.

Take that logic a little further. The target knows it's a reaction test. That means that their reactions can be ______________________ (fill in the blank)

I can’t speak for mastin, but I know that when
I
reaction test, I am hoping to get reactions from as many people as I can - not just the person that my reaction test targets/regards. Even if mastin was focusing on just you, I think her reaction test had potential to provoke anyone. TL;DR - I don’t think you were the only test subject.

In post 177, davesaz wrote:Mastin -- null, need input.

Aneninen -- null, insufficient content

Dodgy -- null->town, curiosity seems genuine, trying to determine alignment in 167

Wickedestjr -- lean town gut

copper's 158 is mixed. The vote is sheep, I like the logic on killapenwin, agree that Vettrock needs to be watched, but don't get calling beast town with so little content. Seems a bit thrown together.

In post 183, davesaz wrote:TBH I never have reads on every player to begin with. A lot of the unmentioned have posted nothing beyond RVS.

Maybe I’m missing something, but what prompted you to post ‘reads’ on those five players specifically if you only actually have reads on two of them? Filler?

In post 198, davesaz wrote:I've said this before. It may be in a completed game, but I'm not sure. This site has a hard time dealing with an honest player. You expect people to toss blind accusations, ignore their feelings and act like they don't care about being voted, attack someone for a mistaken word or two. That's not how I play.

You're welcome to lynch me if you think it's the right thing. I know it would be a mistake for town.

This really feels like scum posting. You referring to yourself as “an honest player” almost feels like you’re trying to portray yourself as a victim. But it feels disingenuous, because there’s no way that we can know if you really are ‘honest’. How can you say that the site has a hard time dealing with an honest player when it can’t differentiate the honest from the dishonest? Isn’t that the whole point of the game? And the “I know it would be a mistake for town.” is just unnecessary.
-Wickedestjr
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by eyestott »

Havent read up, Ive had a busy day. Going out to a dinner soon, and Ill be back in 5-ish hours. X post for most of my games.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 193, eyestott wrote:
In post 150, Wickedestjr wrote:What is your reason/purpose for saying this? For the record, I think we will be in conventional scum hunting phase for at least two game days, depending on the number of Ts.

Why are you making this assumption? While you could be right, there is no evidence for your assumption and at least one other reason why mastin wouldn't want to out her reads yet. I don't like this: feels like you're too quick to defend mastin here.

1: So it wouldnt be a surprise when I start switching from conventionally scumhunting during the early game to role-based scumhunting in the late game.
2: I couldnt think of another rule that could apply.

1: That’s an odd thing for you to be concerned about now. :neutral:
2: If you made that assumption “because you couldn’t think of another motive”, then why did you also say;
In post 185, eyestott wrote:I'm not backing down f m anything. If mastin gives good reasons for the post, good. But if her reasons suck, it's where I'll vote.
I wasn't "certain" of her motive.

? Seems contradictory. Why make an assumption about mastin if you weren't certain to begin with?

In post 194, eyestott wrote:- Being nice is hardly alignment indicative. I mean, sure, scum do it. But town do it to, especially when theyre legitimately just trying to be nice. My niceness in mafia stems from an aversion to conflict.
- After Penwins post, ive changed my read on him, but do you not like the mini wagon because you think Penwin is town, or because you think the reasons are bad?

- I can respect that. But I am somewhat hesitant to take your word for it, because I’ve never played with you before. If you could provide an example of you exhibiting similar behavior as town, then I’d probably drop this point.
- It’s a combination of the two, but mostly because I think Penwin is town. Also, I think he’s an easier target given his lack of experience.

In post 207, eyestott wrote:Point 2 and Point 3 really look like theyre coming from a town mindset.
I can see why he though my vote was bad, as it put him in the lead, and had little reasoning even though I dont think he realised
it was a predominantly RVS vote
I also liked his point where he says that he wants to use it wisely and that just OMGUSing is not what he wanted to do.

This feels like a slight backpedal (possibly to help justify your vote switch). Rereading your post 67, nothing about it feels jokey, you pointed out a contradiction and voted.
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Open Games”