PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4400 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4396, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 4394, PeregrineV wrote:KBW could be town, and lying about the 3rd party part.
KBW could be third party and be II.
KBW could be mafia and II.
KBW could be cult, but cop can't pick up that aspect.
ooba could have given his opinion but framed it as a result

what's "II"?

according to ms, ooba was getting town/not town results, meaning he would pick up mafia, cult, third party, anything not town. He got a town result on him, so the only scenario of those five that can be true given ooba being sane is the first one. though that one is really unlikely, because kbw is quite clearly a survivor.

the only other one i can think of is ooba getting redirected n1

Investigation immune (they return a town-favorable result when investigated, even if they are scum)

Sure, redirection could happen, but for the most part, the odds of it doing say night1 are very low.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4401 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:47 am

Post by The Will of Heaven »

oh didnt think of that

yeah i guess a survivor could actually investigate as town. they need buffs to survive and whatnot.

@bulba thoughts?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4402 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4399, The Will of Heaven wrote:ms prolly derped because hes ms, i dont think theyre unaware

So the only thing we really know is
night1 = KeyBlade is town, while Keyblade claimed survivor(not-town)
night2 = Dram is scum, while Dram claimed town

So our final solution is to assume that the cop flip of ooba neglected to mention that fact he was insane.

:up:
Does this sum it up?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4403 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:49 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4401, The Will of Heaven wrote:oh didnt think of that

yeah i guess a survivor could actually investigate as town. they need buffs to survive and whatnot.

@bulba thoughts?

I thought Bulba was a mason with ooba and MentalSonic?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4404 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:50 am

yup

bulba didn't seem to take that into account when he announced the inno on kbw
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4405 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:51 am

In post 4402, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4399, The Will of Heaven wrote:ms prolly derped because hes ms, i dont think theyre unaware

So the only thing we really know is
night1 = KeyBlade is town, while Keyblade claimed survivor(not-town)
night2 = Dram is scum, while Dram claimed town

So our final solution is to assume that the cop flip of ooba neglected to mention that fact he was insane.

:up:
Does this sum it up?

yes. unless there was fuckery with the n1 investigation like kbw being investigation immune or redirection
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4406 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:51 am

the other distant scenario is bulba/ms being in a cult and lying about ooba results
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4407 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:54 am

Post by dramonic »

Are you really more going to assume that KBW is investigation immune, even though he made numerous claim to being a survivor, over me just... being town?
:neutral:

EDIT: I agree survivors wouldn't come up as mafia to an investigation, but pretty sure they would come up as not town either.

EDIT2: Or Ooba coulda been redirected N2. If we're gonna go the redirection theory at least take both options into account.

Like, I'm not even sure why we're argueing this. If you're so paranoid have Tiphaine check me out as well, but the cop result on me points town, my role points town and DN getting a shot on scum from me points town. Christ.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4408 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3741, Keybladewielder wrote:Alright, so I better not get in trouble for this; but according to Kise I am indeed a true 3rd party. Just one that can decide his own fate. I choose to townside.

Was this a formal choice already made, or is it up in the air during the game/can be changed at any time?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4409 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4407, dramonic wrote:Are you really more going to assume that KBW is investigation immune, even though he made numerous claim to being a survivor, over me just... being town?

EDIT: I agree survivors wouldn't come up as mafia to an investigation, but pretty sure they would come up as not town either.

EDIT2: Or Ooba coulda been redirected N2. If we're gonna go the redirection theory at least take both options into account.

Like, I'm not even sure why we're argueing this. If you're so paranoid have Tiphaine check me out as well, but the cop result on me points town, my role points town and DN getting a shot on scum from me points town. Christ.

Having been a scum inventor and only handed out goodies to town, I have no issues disregarding the last sentence.

Cops in non-normal games can be worded very differently, with varying affects. Unless the mod posted in the masonry directly, it also came through a filter of ooba.

If you are town, then ooba was insane and did not flip that. If that is the case, you have to explain why Insane Cop is so special it can't be revealed on the flip, but every other modifier for every other player is assumed to be true.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4410 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:07 am

what exactly means "i choose to townside"? if thats something he picks and tells the mod, then i can see ooba getting a town result on him
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4411 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:13 am

Post by dramonic »

I don't think you playing your role poorly has a bearing on my alignment Pere :p

I explained already. Things like Insane doc add a factor of luck into the game, at which point it's beyond bastardly to not only spin the wheel, but hide it from the players, as it's impossible to figure out what's happening. Insane cop on the other hand always gets accurately reversed results, we can figure it out from 1 flip.

EDIT: I'm assuming it just means he's "choosing to help the town" as opposed to being something he locks in?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4412 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Keybladewielder »

In post 4408, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3741, Keybladewielder wrote:Alright, so I better not get in trouble for this; but according to Kise I am indeed a true 3rd party. Just one that can decide his own fate. I choose to townside.

Was this a formal choice already made, or is it up in the air during the game/can be changed at any time?

It's permanent third party. But one that gets to choose whether to town or mafia side. I win with either alignment, so long as I'm alive.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4413 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 am

In post 4407, dramonic wrote:my role points town and DN getting a shot on scum from me points town.

none of that points town
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4414 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 am

kbw do you have an investigation immunity?
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4415 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Keybladewielder »

Not that I know of.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4416 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 am

Post by dramonic »

Oh, is the moonlogic "inventor that must compulsively give his inventions to town" still a theory people find credible?

And if I were scum with that role, I'd give my inventions to people who I know won't shoot my teammates, as opposed to someone whose reads are nebulous at best.

Out of curiosity, has nacho posted recently?
I'm a hoot
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4417 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:28 am

you could be sk and not have teammates

or you could be mafia and thats why you tried controlling who dn would shoot
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:28 am

In post 4416, dramonic wrote:Out of curiosity, has nacho posted recently?

no
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:30 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 4417, The Will of Heaven wrote:you could be sk and not have teammates

or you could be mafia and thats why you tried controlling who dn would shoot

... Damn, you caught me.
I'm actually an SK who has no kill and instead gives kills to the town.
How will I win now that you've seen right through me? :shifty:

also... just like everyone else. A bit more aggressively because I didnt want him to waste my shot.

EDIT: Thought so.
I'm a hoot
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:33 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4132, The Will of Heaven wrote:
I doubt there's cult at this point

Lynch this with fire.

In post 4135, droog wrote:im not saying we dont have aliens or cults or whatever
but why havent we seen any evidece of them yet
ut's role hardly counts as cult evidence

and scum mollie pushed the idea that there was a cult hard

Tiph has claimed alien cop, and there have been 3 kills. There are aliens in the game. And I disagree that UT's role doesn't point towards the existance of a cult. That would be a dumb role to include by itself. There's likely a cult leader floating around somewhere, and until we actually lynch cult, there won't be any evidence of their existence. And mafia were hunting for cult, because that would be the one scum faction that would truly terrify them, and it would also help them look town by scumhunting.

In post 4140, TiphaineDeath wrote:So mollie obviously went after espeo, who shot her, but since they are both bullet proof nothing happened then the bullet proof piercing SK shot mollie. Will try to iso Dram shortly.

In post 4185, droog wrote:
In post 4182, Espeonage wrote:In addition, seemed to be rather confident that the kills were coming from the SK and then also tried to call the shot and be pleasant about it which leads me to believe he is very likely the cause of the other kills and not town in addition. It's like mediocre posting 101.

i dont really understand any of this
except you seem to be saying
'serial killer droog would be loud about there being a serial killer'

Typically, when the first thing that pops into somebody's head is SK instead of vig, then they are probably the SK or have evidence of an SK.

In post 4197, Espeonage wrote:@bulba
I don't know.

I might be.

I don't think so. I think you're just a VT with a gun, essentially something to distract a gunsmith. There's no way you were lied to about being a PGO AND bulletproof.

In post 4200, Espeonage wrote:
Today we lynch any of Dram, Bro, droog, or GGG.

No, no, yes, probably not.

In post 4216, droog wrote:
In post 4215, Espeonage wrote:That's not all there is to. Which is is what was being discussed. If you had an interest in creating reads you would have done it far far earlier in the game. I even explained exactly how to do it to you and how to be a contributing member of this town and you didn't. I passed it off as not having the time but that is evidently not true.

for what its worth
though i really doubt you or anyone else cares
this game got super boring once it was the top 4-5 posters talking to themselves all the time
as if this was a social club and not a game of mafia

And you didn't try jumping in and participating? There's really no excuse about why you couldn't have been involved. You just seem to be trying to justify your lack of participation, which is scummy as crap.

In post 4221, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 4194, Bulbazak wrote:Ooba investigated Major Minor n1 to check for sanity, just like I told him to. Unless you think that KBW is town, not a survivor, then Dram is conf. town.

Ok. In that case, the executioner shoots kbw. We see what he is and we confirm ooba sanity, therefore confirming dramonic alignment and whoever else he investigated.

kbw is most likely a survivor and has to go anyway, so that works

I could go for this.

In post 4251, TiphaineDeath wrote:Droog is scum, so is deathnote. Dram is probably town, so is espeo.VOTE: droog. Droog is the lynch today, executioner shoots KBW tonight.

I want you to explain all of this.

In post 4292, DeathNote wrote:So I find it interesting that cult was a huge concern but is slowly drifting into "meh, there probably isn't a cult." I know I was one of the first to say that but seeing everyone else say it worries me ever so slightly.

Mostly just a point of observation.

More people are getting culted, so it's becoming less of a priority.

In post 4307, mental somnic wrote:Can the dayvig remove winter skies or bro please?

I understand that your last two shots were to remove VIs and the whole town appreciates that, but it appears that town sucks at removing scum via lynch so having some instant deaths would be more productive,

With love,

Mason

WS wouldn't be a bad shot, but Bro is town. Stop this madness.

In post 4320, mental somnic wrote:WS,
If you are indeed the last member of mafia team,

You can secretly curse the other scum team for nuking 2 of your members

And dramonic-probscum for giving DN a snipe shot to nuke dork

Please stop. Just stop.

In post 4340, mental somnic wrote:cant tell if real rage or scum posturing :/

:facepalm:

In post 4385, ArcAngel9 wrote:
Bulba/Metal - So you guys also had obba as part of your mason club? Was there any reason why you didn't tell us about obba before?

Because there was no reason to out the final mason. Sonic hinted at it pretty hard yesterday, but Ooba and I shut him down in the PT. We wanted to keep this card close to our chests.

In post 4401, The Will of Heaven wrote:
@bulba thoughts?

Insane Doc is different than a cop sanity. Insane is told to a Doc flat out to inform him that he might kill his patient. Cop sanities tend to not be revealed upon death. It's a difference in how the roles work. Now, I suppose that KBW could be investigative immune, but that'd be way too powerful for a role that's already swimming in power as it is, plus, I would think that it would return a "no result" message, instead of a town one. The whole reason for investigating the slot was to use it as a litmus test. There were other reasons, but I'm trying to decide if it would be best to give them now or hold onto them.

I also did a quick reads list in the PT last night, and although it's probably not as accurate anymore and needs to be reviewed, I will give what I was thinking, as Ooba thought I should give it in the thread. My thoughts are a game with 4-5 mafia, 2 aliens, and 1 cult leader, which means that we still need to find 1-2 mafia, both aliens, and the cult leader. Tiph is definitely mafia, as is WS. Droog is probably alien. TWOH would be the cult leader if anything, because they've been cleared from being the other 2, and they're not playing as they would as town.

Vote Droog
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4421 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:38 am

Post by dramonic »

Wait when did TWOH get cleared from being mafia?
I'm a hoot
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4422 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:43 am

In post 4420, Bulbazak wrote:they're not playing as they would as town.

when will you understand there's no way to define town-me
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4423 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:45 am

In post 4420, Bulbazak wrote:Tiph is definitely mafia

if aliens exist, i agree that given ooba cop, town doesn't also have an alien cop.

however if aliens are merely mod distraction, tiph would be effectively vt.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4424 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 am

In post 4420, Bulbazak wrote:and there have been 3 kills. There are aliens in the game.

three kills?

Both nights there were two kills. piegami and shos N1, ooba and southern belles N2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”